** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1

maliniok

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 Arsenal - Leeds: Both Teams to Score: Yes @ 1.95 (William Hill) 10/10 The odds are good for both teams to score, I think. Arsenal will probably win and advance, but they have not been that convincing recently (2-1-2 in the last 5 matches) and the odds are not attractive for the home win. Leeds has the best offense in the Championship League in away matches (22 goals in 13 matches) and will want the distiction of advancing at Arsenal's expense. I certainly think they can score at least 1 goal even if they don't get a positive result. The last time these teams met in London (08/01/2011) the score was a 1-1 draw.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 Arsenal vs Leeds AH + 1.5 @ 2.07 I anticiapate Leeds to give Arsenal a good game here, hence taking this bet. I am not sure of the Arsenal first 11, but I do know there will be no Van Persie or Gervinho. Chamakh (poor) will definitely start (his travel to Africa Cup has been delayed for this match), with two from Arshavin/Walcott/Chamberlain/Miyaichi on the wings. The first two are in awful form and the last two are just amateurs yet have great potential. This attack doesn't convince me it can do the job. Defensively they are in all sorts of problems with no Vermaelen Djorou or any of 5 fullbacks. This guarantees error prone defenders such as Squillaci and inexperienced players like Coquelin (central midfielder) Yennaris and Miquel (central defender) who will be playing. I think I know Arsenal well enough to imagine that they will struggle to convert chances relying on one central striker Chamakh and defensively look suspect and likely to concede a goal. I don't know too much about Leeds but they are usually game-raisers and took Arsenal to a replay last year and year before beat United at Old Trafford in this competition Betfair :hope

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 +4.3 points for this round of the cup hoping to add another 1.5 points tonight.

Tip Detail
SportFootball (England - Cups)
EventArsenal v leeds
SelectionArsenal
Strength5/10
Date09/01/2012
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 1.30
ReasoningAnother intersting tie which Arsenal will want to wrap up tonight. They wont want the burden of extra games especially as they hunt for the Champions League spot which they are desperate to keep hold of. Leeds priority should be the league also so not sure how serious they will take this. The return of Henry is interesting and I can see a good performance from the home side enough to give the win.

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 RVP & Gervinho not playing tonight & you have to wonder how Henry's match fitness & pace is. Mind you Leeds concede fairly regularly but they also score often enough. Tough one to call, the Emirates crowd are usually quick to start moaning if the home side dont impress early on. BTTS looks best value here I'd have to agree with previous posters :hope

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 Arsenal v Leeds FA Cup Third Round Heres a stat for you. Arsenal home league games played this season 10. Out of those 10 games, 8 were draws at half time. Out of those 8 Arsenal went on to win 5, draw 2 & lose 1. The 2 games where Arsenal lead at half time were against West Brom & Swansea. Home games in Carling Cup were draws too at half time i think against Shrewsbury & Man City. If Leeds are a bit short of first choice team then maybe they will be happy to defend early on then get to half time with the tie still in the balance. Maybe worth a look ay HT - draw FT - Arsenal @ 4-1 Betfair. Good Luck all! :ok

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1

IAmGooner read your earlier thoughts in the earlier posts on the match' date=' you end with getting a feel for the side put out on the night. Whats your thought's nearer the off... still the same?[/quote'] Hello mate, was initially siding with Leeds +2 asian handicap, but having seen our team, I'm gonna sidestep this one. Leeds' price has shortened over the weekend as has the handicap prices. Arsenal XI: Szczesny, Coquelin, Koscielny, Squillaci, Miquel, Song, Arteta, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arshavin, Chamakh Substitutes: Martinez, Yennaris, Benayoun, Ryo, Walcott, Park, Henry. We've been struggling a little bit to score recently, sometimes through wasteful finishing, sometimes through lethargic displays and a failure to do enough. This is our best midfield out tonight with Wilshere obviously out, so I fancy us to have a grip on the game in there. Arshavin and Chamakh have been awful however so we may again struggle for goals, but we have attacking potential on the bench with Walcott(who I prefer on the bench, coming on vs tired legs) and Henry. We also have problems in defence tonight with only Koscielny being from the first team, Squillaci playing and two rookie full-backs. I think we'll win but not seeing any bets that represent value to me right now. Someone else mentioned BTTS, I can see a case for that tbh looking at our defence but I'm not 100% clued up on Leeds this season.

Re: England > FA Cup 3rd round > Fri 6/1- Mon 9/1 Arsenal vs Leeds Starting XI nearly exactly what I thought, though Chamakh and Yossi comes in for Walcott and Henry, who is on the bench. Not going to repeat myself from my earlier post as its pretty much what I had expected, though the odds didnt change in my favour, so: Leeds+1.75 1.925 Pinnacle 10/10 Both teams to score 1.970 BF 10/10

Arsenal v Leeds FA Cup Third Round Heres a stat for you. Arsenal home league games played this season 10. Out of those 10 games, 8 were draws at half time. Out of those 8 Arsenal went on to win 5, draw 2 & lose 1. The 2 games where Arsenal lead at half time were against West Brom & Swansea. Home games in Carling Cup were draws too at half time i think against Shrewsbury & Man City. If Leeds are a bit short of first choice team then maybe they will be happy to defend early on then get to half time with the tie still in the balance. Maybe worth a look ay HT - draw FT - Arsenal @ 4-1 Betfair. Good Luck all! :ok
Excellent! U can sort of tell that Arsenal will probably have a slow start to the game (with the squad rotations and what not), so thats a pretty good call.

Leeds+1.75 1.925 Pinnacle 10/10 :) Both teams to score 1.970 BF 10/10 :(
Slight loss for this one, just when I needed a couple of Arsenal mistakes from a rough looking back 4 there were none! There must have been more than a few mug punters on scorecast Henry 1 - 0 tonight, thinking they are still living in 2004. :) What a great night for Arsenal fans!