** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: BDO World Championship 2012

kevshat

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Yeah the Harms result was a tad annoying but I guess I can't complain too much as it was a similar happening to that of the Lewis-Wade match, albeit to a lesser extent. With regards to Hankey, I'm not convinced how well he will go over in the PDC. I have no doubts he'll be alright on the floor, but on the stage I really can't envisage him going past the quarter finals at best. The guys in the PDC won't be 'scared' of him like some in the BDO and won't give him any ounce of respect. He starts to slowly and misses to many doubles for me and you get punished for that against the top players. All of those factors on top of the more intense crowd leads me to think he may struggle but I'll be happy to be proved wrong ;) In terms of the final tomorrow, currently I'm standing on +26.51pts with all the outrights settled. I will get involved with tomorrow's match as I have no running bets going, but really hope Kist wins it for Kev and Russ' sake, GL guys. I'll have 4 in total. Tony O'Shea vs Christian Kist- Over 10.5 sets- 4/6 Blue Square- (4/10) Christian Kist Most 180s- 11/10 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Under 18.5 180s- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) Highest Match Checkout Over 132.5- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (3/10) I'm expecting this final to be better than the PDC one between Hamilton and Lewis to be honest. Both players were involved in epics in the semi finals and perhaps both slightly fortunate to reach the final but that's in the past now. I do fancy this to be a relatively close final though between two guys who have played really good darts this week. Both have scored pretty heavily and checked out okay for the majority so both should be able to hold their throw quite consistently and I don't see either player winning any better than 7-4 in this one. Now the two 180 bets I've taken are for a couple of reasons. Christian Kist has pounded the lipstick all week and although he didn't manage too many today, you can't read too much into that given who he was playing. Hankey was extremely slow when collecting his darts which didn't exactly help Kist's rhythm. O'Shea won't be anywhere near as slow as Hankey and will play his own game rather than the player. We saw against Alan Norris what happens when Kist is allowed to throw quickly and that should be what happens tomorrow. I also fancy Kist given he has actually played a match today where they had to play more than two sets before a break. Tomorrow there won't be a break every two sets and O'Shea has yet to play under those conditions and if he is throwing cold for a spell, he usually needs the break to regroup but he won't get that tomorrow so I'm unsure how many maximums he will hit. Kist should hit a fair few more maximums than he did today given the speed of both players and at odds against, I fancy him to outscore O'Shea in that department. However this 19 180s line looks high to me. I've spoken about the no break after two sets and after a while I expect that to take it's toll. Don't be surprised if both players hit 10 maximums in the first 3/4 sets but after that it should settle down as the match goes on and the pressure and intensity grows. We saw a fair few loose darts from O'Shea today and he wasn't scoring as well as he had hoped so he'll be looking to improve on that front in the final. I'm not saying either player will be tired after their matches today but as the match goes on, when it comes to the 6th/7th sets, I don't see many maximums being hit so I'll take the unders. I do fancy one of these guys to nail a decent checkout though in the biggest match of both players' career. O'Shea has already nailed a 170 finish this week and checked out well, including some crucial finishes in the latter stages against Wesley Harms today. Everyone has been waiting for the pressure to get to Kist but it just doesn't look like happening and his finishing today was probably the best it's been in the tournament. Think he missed the D18 on a 156 and if he gets a finish where he can put two darts in the lipstick he has every chance to take out a big finish, something which has been lacking from his game this week. O'Shea is more than capable of hitting a couple of big checkouts as well given how he has been finishing and with the two players combined, in a good final on the eye, I see at least one big finish tomorrow.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Tony O Shea vs Christian Kist over 11.5 sets 5/4 skybet nine dart finish 28/1 skybet this should be a absolute classic with two players playing at the top of their game this match is too close to call it all depends on who finshes better when the pressure is also all week there have been chances of a nine dart finish i have got feeling it could be tonight with these two players capable of getting one

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012

Guys be a little bit careful with Kist.He has had a long nite to put it mildly and a liquid lunch to follow. I only got that info from my son less than 10 minutes ago' date='would have posted sooner otherwise[/quote'] That means nothing. The adrenalin that is flowing through his veins? He is pumped up to the max!

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Super comeback from O'Shea but delighted Kist won it to be honest. I'll sneak my comment and my final overall in quickly so the last word goes to Russ and Kev who backed the guy who needed a lift from Alan Norris to get to Lakeside :rollin 3/4 for the final for me, bit of a shame there wasn't a big checkout as both had a chance but wasn't to be. Everything else came in pretty safely in the end though, giving me +5.46 for the final and +31.97pts for the tournament. A couple of really enjoyable World Championships and 2 extremely profitable threads. Well done to all who were amongst the profit and I shall leave the last word to Monsieur Russ and Monsieur Kev :cheers

C.Kist to win BDO World Championship, 0.5pts EW @ 70/1 Skybet (1/2 odds 1-2) C.Kist to win Quarter 4, 1pt @ 14/1 Skybet There's always one unknown Dutchman making it through a few rounds at the Lakeside and I'll take Kist to be the one this year. Other than Dean Winstanley, I don't think he's in the strongest quarter and I honestly think Over The Top will feel the pressure more this year and isn't certain to build on his final appearance from 12 months ago. Kist is a decent player who I'm certain has some big performances just around the corner. Lost out to Tony West in the last 16 of the World Masters but only narrowly and averaged 93 which, in this arena, is excellent darts. First time on the Lakeside stage but plays a fellow Dutchman in Jan Dekker, the revelation of 2011. Again, I feel Jan may struggle to repeat what he did and Kist has a played 2, won 2 record against his fellow countryman. If he comes through that, it's a rematch with Tony West, a match I'd expect him to go close in before the quarter finals. At a big 14/1 for the quarter, I'll pay to see how well he does with a smaller bet on the outright.
Get in Christian Kist:nana Fantastic performance by him and a fully deserved winner. Played the best darts all week and it was a fitting result, especially as I backed him:lol Pretty disappointed with my match bets throughout the event; after a good start, I faltered quite badly, for a very small loss but the bets on Kist mean I leave the tournament with a very healthy profit of +63.27pts Absolutely fantastic performance again in the darts thread. Fishy - 31pts profit and a great bet on Wesley Harms:notworthy Kev - on Kist too but to a bigger (more confident) stake taking you, I'm certain, well past the 100pt profit barrier:notworthy Not a bad tournament at all:ok

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 With Kist coming through but both match bets losing in the final I end the tournament +92.53 and over 160pts in profit for the two world championships. This has easily been the most profitable thread I've ever been involved in on PL in my 6.5 years here. Total credit to Fishy and to Russ who've both had insanely good tournaments and to everyone else who have provided winners over the week :clap:clap:clap

With Kist coming through but both match bets losing in the final I end the tournament +92.53 and over 160pts in profit for the two world championships. This has easily been the most profitable thread I've ever been involved in on PL in my 6.5 years here. Total credit to Fishy and to Russ who've both had insanely good tournaments and to everyone else who have provided winners over the week :clap:clap:clap
Superb Kevshat, many congrats to you and to Fishy! :clap Sublime profits..

OT: A bit of a sour note post-tournament...claims of irregular betting patterns on a first round match are being investigated. The two players concerned haven't been named yet though. http://www.bdodarts.com/1634/15-01-2012/BDO_STATEMENT
The same link is posted on the previous page. The players are named in the accompanying newspaper article link.