** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: BDO World Championship 2012

kevshat

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Kev / Fishy....top, top work tonight. Very well done indeed, great tipping:clap:clap So, an update ahead of the quarters. I stand at +10.37pts with 2 bets still open on Kist (quarter bet & outright). Been quite interesting so far with only Adams of the 4 semi finalists last year still in the tournament, and the No 2 seed Waites out too. Looking forward to the next 4 days:ok

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012

Great start Kev and Fishy' date=' nice handicap win as well! Unlike previous nights lets hope the momentum stays with the thread and we can have a few 'fullhouses'! The odd missed double seems to be costing both of you some otherwise excellent tips![/quote'] Something like that? Fullhouse to Kevshat 'when a plan comes together' Hannibal... Was yours a FH Fishy? Not sure on 180's in Kist match? Regardless, top top shouts and Russ. To boot, Kist, Jennings and Hankey ( only outrights I can remember!) are all through! Those 'crossbars' are turning into back of the nets! Keep it up guys :clap

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Putting my bets for tomorrow. W.Harms to beat P.Jennings, 4pts @ 17/20 SportingBet I like the young Dutchman here. He's been playing some great arrows, has taken out 2 nice scalps and is showing no signs of letting up. Wins over Martin Philips and Robbie Green for the loss of 2 sets is excellent and an average of almost 91 in the last round confirms his form. There seems to be no fear from this young lad and I don't think the quarters will phase him. I appreciate that Jennings was well fancied for this but I'm not that impressed. He's had the 'easy' route, I think it's far to say, with wins over Thompson & Douglas. In those matches, he didn't look totally comfortable and has yet to average over 85. Without a semi at stake, I'll take Harms to fill that place. M.Adams (-1.5 sets) to beat T.O'Shea, 5pts @ 4/5 Bet365 M.Adams, most 180's v T.O'Shea, 4pts @ 11/8 Ladbrokes I'm climbing back on the Wolfie bandwagon and the same 2 bets as I took in the last round. I accept that O'Shea is a better quality opponent than Gary Stone & he did perform well to take out Ross Montgomery, but this is where Wolfie really ups his game. They've faced each other just once in 2011 with Adams winning 5-2 at the Zuiderduin. Previous to that in majors was a 6-2 semi final at the World Masters back in 2009. The big thing that attracts me to this bet is the 10-2 H2H stat in favour of Martin Adams and I think the price on him to win 5-3 or better is too good to ignore. Yet again, I don't understand the price on the maximums. There's a common misconception that Adams can't hit the lipstick but, quite frankly, it's bollox. As I stated in my last bet on him, he's always slow off the mark in Round 1 but, as the competition gets tougher, the 180's come thick & fast. How the hell he's 11/8 to win this, I'll never know, especially as he scored 5 in the last round against O'Sheas 2. At the price, I'm happy to be on again.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Not quite a full house for me tonight Perry given I will win the award for worst shout of the tournament with that 180s bet in the Kist-De Vos match. Think it was lost in the second set so I'll take the trophy for the worst bet of the tournament ;) Aside from that, everything else came through though with a slight dampener in the last match with Winstanley blowing his lead to kill the outright I had on him. Heading into the quarter finals though, my overall stands at -9.09pts. However I still have outrights going for Hankey and Harms for both the quarter and outright at decent prices so hopefully I can overturn that loss starting tomorrow. Wouldn't it be lovely for the thread if it was a Harms-Kist final :loon

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 A full house for me tonight and a much needed one too. +15.24 for the night puts me back to a much more manageable -2.26pts overall now. Manageable because I think I'd make Christian Kist the favourite in the bottom half now after tonight's results/performances. Thursday night looks like it should be a good night and I'm going with 3 bets. 3pts A.Dobromyslova to beat T.Gulliver Evs Ladbrokes It's a real shame these ladies semi finals aren't being televised because this one could be an absolute corker. These two players have had excellent 2011's on the tour. Anastasia won 5 titles and made the final in a couple of others having decided to come back to the BDO circuit after the lack of anything developing ladies wise over with the PDC. Trina Gulliver has won a couple of tournaments and made many other finals including in the World Masters where she lost to Lisa Ashton, a defeat she avenged in the first round here. Taking on Trina at Lakeside is never usually a shrewd money making move because she's made every single final ever in this competition, winning the title on no fewer than 9 occasions. Gulliver lost her mother shortly before this tournament begun so she's looking for a 10th title to dedicate to her but I think the Golden Girl could be under a bit of pressure here because she won't want her run of finals to come to an end. Both ladies averaged in the 73 area in the first round which is a perfectly acceptable standard but I just feel the younger lady in Anastasia could be the one to be with. She has 80 averages in her locker and when she plays the darts she can play I think she'll be very tough to stop. She scores well and big doubles don't worry her. She's played in the PDC World Championship for men, the World Cup and the Grand Slam so she's played on bigger stages than this if not as prestigious as this one. I think this semi final could go all the way but at even money I've got to take Anastasia particularly as she's won three of the last four between the two which includes the final here in 2008. 5pts W.Harms to beat P.Jennings 5/6 Coral Paul Jennings was well fancied on PL coming into this tournament and he's had an excellent year in 2011 winning four titles and his county and super league form has been very impressive but he hasn't really brought his best game to the Lakeside with him yet. At times he's looked very good on his scoring but when it gets to his finishing he looks scared of the double to me. He doesn't throw at them with the same aggression he throws at the 60 with and that could cost him here. Wesley Harms looked nothing special in the first round of the tournament but for four sets against Robbie Green in the second round he looked very good indeed. He outscored one of the heaviest scorers in the game and outfinished him which to be fair wasn't difficult on the night. It's the finishing I like about Harms here. He has the power scoring and the consistency on it to keep up with Jennings if not outscore him and he looks much the more aggressive on the doubles and if that form continues in this match then I thoroughly expect the Dutchman to be the first into the semi final. 4pts T.O'Shea vs M.Adams - Over 7.5 sets 6/5 Skybet I can't be having the over 7.5 sets at such a big price between these two. Russ is right in what he says about the head to head record between the two of them but I believe O'Shea will keep this close purely because we have seen an awful lot of missed doubles from Wolfie in this tournament. Both these men are capable of throwing some fantastic arrers. People who know me and talk darts to me will know I see Martin Adams as the second best player on the planet when everything is going right and outside influences aren't affecting his play. I believe only Phil Taylor is better than Adams but these missed doubles are a factor this week. Tony O'Shea scores heavily and having made the final and the semi final here before we know he won't surrender on the important doubles. There was nothing in their averages in the second round and I don't expect a lot in it here. Both men score heavily, maybe just slightly more in Adams' case and usually both men hit their doubles well although Adams hasn't been as crisp as usual this week for reasons I've already mentioned earlier in the week. I wouldn't completely rule out Silverback here although I think Wolfie might just have enough about him to get the job done but I don't see either winning this any easier than 5-3.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Forgot to congratulate Kev for his full house last night, great shouts mate :clap Onto the first two quarter finals then and I agree with virtually everything that has been said by Russ and Kev. I'm effectively on Harms to win at a very juicy 20/1 in a match he's favourite for so hopefully he can win. I am taking 4 match bets though, 2 in each. Wesley Harms to beat Paul Jennings- 4/5 Sportingbet- (5/10) Over 9.5 180s- Evens Ladbrokes- (4/10) Although I have the outright for Harms, I was expecting a far lower price so I'll back him additionally at this price. Kev has noted the 5/6 price available at Coral but their site is down and I can't be bothered to faff about so I'll take the 4/5, which is marginally lower. I can't really add to much to what's been said about these two players and the main reason I really fancy the Dutchman is because of the doubles. Jennings in both of his matches has been prone to missing a fair few doubles whilst Harms has been pretty solid in both of his matches. Harms averaged just under 91 against Robbie Green and that average would have been nearer the 96/97 mark but his final set wasn't the greatest but it was enough which is the crucial thing. He managed to outscore one of the heaviest scorers in the BDO which was impressive for me and although Jennings will match his scoring for chunks of the match, when it comes down to the doubles, I'd always fancy Harms to be more clinical. I do think we'll see double figures for the maximums though. Both players have scored 6 180s so far, and 4 each in their second round matches. Harms was consistently finding the lipstick with ease against Robbie Green and I expect him to repeat that against Jennings whilst the Brit actually scores really well and attacks the red bit, but is let down by his doubles. I think Harms will win this but I think that will be the result of Jennings missing doubles in parts, but both can score well and over a possible 9 sets, I fancy us to see at least 10 180s here. Martin Adams (Most 180s) vs Tony O'Shea- 11/8 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Highest Checkout Over 130.5- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) I was so close to backing O'Shea to win this one and if he checks out like he has done I think he will but i'm sticking to just these 2. I'm very much with Russ on Wolfie to hit more maximums here and with his main priority being to keeping straight, he should rack up quite a few against O'Shea here. He hit 5 against Gary Stone in just 4 sets which isn't a bad return for any player, and given O'Shea managed just 2 in 5 sets, at these odds I have to back Adams. The checkout bet let me down in both of these guys' second round matches but I'm still backing it again. Both players covered this checkout line in their first round matches and given I expect this match to be a real thrilled, there should be some decent finishes on show. I don't see how we won't see at least 7 sets here, and I expect a fair few of those sets to be really tight and will need something special to break throw perhaps. O'Shea will know perfectly well that the only way he is going to win this one is by checking out well like he has been doing whilst Adams will want to put O'Shea in his place. Just feel the line is still too low as a 136 or a 141 for either guy doesn't look too taxing so I'll back the overs.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Ted Hankey @ 7/2 Sportingbet to win the BDO world champs. Fancy Hankey to take this tournament down, I expect him to pass Atkins in the next round and he won't face Adams to the final if he gets there and at the moment he looks the main danger, Ted's performed well against some of the PDC boys this year in the GSOD and I think he has the experience and know how to take him to the final this year.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Well, Adams crashed out last night to O'Shea which was a small shock. I've posted Hankey outright but will take him aswell this evening. T.Hankey -1.5 Sets to beat M.Atkins @ 17/20 Boylesports I think The Count will see off Martin Atkins here, this is Atrkins best performance ever in the BDO world champs and over the longer format could struggle against Ted's scoring. Hankey is a winner of this event twice and although both his matches so far have been close, he'll feel confident having come through those games and especially the Scott Waites match. I don't think Hankey will bring this one to another 1 set decider and will win this by at least two sets.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 I'm going the other way. Atkins to beat Hankey 15/8 SkyBet Atkins -1.5 7/2 SkyBet I have the outright bets on both of these. I tipped Hankey at the start at 12/1 yet I wasn't impressed last round. I took Atkins at 220/1 as tipped on my thread, and I still think he has a great chance to getting to the final. He always gets a decent average. Last year he was unlucky to get an in-form Winstanley, yet despite losing 3-2 he still managed a 92 average. This year he has managed a 87 & 90 compared with Hankeys 88 and 85 so it shows he has no problems whatsoever in getting to the doubles. The question is can he finish and so I see value in the 15/8 because in the previous rounds he has been finishing well. Hankey only managed to beat Barden 3-2 and Barden was below 80 average, he was very lucky to beat Waites in my opinion. Waites could of won that with a whitewash most people would agree. Atkins has beat both opponents with a -1.5 handicap and defeated both oppenents when they have been over 85 average. I'm even going to take a risky 7/2 on the -1.5 handicap for these reasons. Atkins vs Hankey Total 180s - Under 12.5 4/6 Bet365 Atkins just 6 180s in two games. Hankey just 9. More sets in this granted, and I predict 5-3ish but I just can't see there being 13 180s. Tempted by the under 11.5 but we'll stay safe

Those must be the comments of a serious BDO sympathiser.
Unfortunately this ain't really the place to debate it but you couldn't be further from the truth. I have no sympathy for anybody. I just have enough understanding of the game to realise darts isn't all about the PDC. 2 from 3 in the match bets last night but lost the Farlam outright. Will update the P/L in my next post because I'm taking 2 in the womens final which begins soon. 4pts D.Hedman to beat A.Dobromyslova Evs Bet365 4pts Over 2.5 sets 10/11 Blue Square I think this has the makings of a cracking final and it's a shame only one can win because I'd like both ladies to be the champion. Deta deserves a world title for everything she's done in the game while Anastasia took a lot of stick when she rejoined the BDO and still gets it to this day so I wouldn't mind her having the chance to turn around and stick 2 fingers up at the BDO hierachy. However when betting I always take emotion out of play and bet on what I've seen and what I believe and I believe Hedman will win this final. She has played some lovely darts this week, some of the best darts I've seen in the women's game in the history of Lakeside and with all the pressure she has put on herself to win this it's a credit to her that she can perform to such a high standard. Her semi final against Lorraine Farlam was one of the all time great matches. Very few breaks of throw, high scoring, good finishing and all the way to a deciding leg and just when Farlam got into a position where she could snatch it Deta showed all her class to pull out a 180 on 220 to leave tops which she took out. We've all seen Anastasia in the past be it in the World Cup, the World Championship or the Grand Slam in the PDC and many darts enthusiasts will have seen her win this title 4 years ago. She's a massively heavy scorer but doubles have always let her down and continued to do so against Trina in the semi final but Gulliver couldn't capitalise. I don't think Anastasia can afford to miss so many doubles in this match because Hedman will be right with her in the scoring. There's been a lot of crap written about Anastasia's behaviour in her win over Gulliver last night, most of it bitter because she beat the Golden Girl, which could just spur her on in this final but although I see it going 3 sets I have to side with the world number one in this one particularly when we add into the mix that she averaged a full 10pts higher than the Russian last night. A repeat of that from Deta can finally land her the world title she has craved for so long here.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Bad night last night so back to +4.77pts. Relying on Kist to put that right tonight though. Taking 2 in the other. M.Atkins to beat T.Hankey, 3pts @ 15/8 Skybet M.Atkins v T.Hankey, over 7.5 sets, 5pts @ Evs Skybet I like the underdog's chances here. I feel he's been a little underrated here as he normally plays well at the Lakeside but runs into a player in form. He's scored well this week, averaging more than Hankey, and has managed to hit his doubles, a weakness of the past. I reckon his confidence will be sky high and he'll fancy his chances of beating a Ted Hankey that isn't the force of old. Ok, he beat No 2 seed Waites but neither player did anything aside from the first couple of sets whilst his narrow Round 1 win over Clive Barden can be described as scrappy at best. This should be a close match as Hankey is the fav but Atkins playing good arrers, and I think we'll see enough to get the required 8 sets. If it does stay tight, I just hope Atkins stays calm enough to take out the Count and reach a Lakeside semi.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Thanks to Harms landing a semi final place, he lands a 20/1 quarter bet for me and with last night's results, leaves me on +9.41. Really struggled to land anything substantial or consistent in the match bets though, hopefully that will change tonight. I'm effectively on Hankey to beat Atkins at 9/2 so hopefully the Count performs on Friday the 13th. Taking a few others as well. Alan Norris vs Christian Kist- Over 7.5 sets- 10/11 Blue Square- (3/10) Over 12.5 180s- 5/6 Blue Square- (3/10) Christian Kist Most 180s- 11/10 Sportingbet- (4/10) Ultimately in the end I expect Kist to have a little too much for Alan Norris and make it through to the semis but I expect this to be perhaps the closest out of all of the quarter finals played. Kist has been the most impressive player throughout the tournament, averaging in the high 90s in both of his matches and his finishing has been relatively solid. There were signs though against Geert de Vos that when he is under a bit of pressure, he will give some chances out and I expect Norris to step in like he did against Dean Winstanley. He has the scoring ability to match Kist you feel and if anything he will be marginally more consistent with the scores, but the Dutchman has the ability to raise his game and take a set out in no time at all. Norris isn't the kind of guy to give up on anything though and for those reasons I see this match being won by no worse than 5-3 by either player. In a lengthy encounter that I expect to see here, both players can cover this line as they have been pretty good on the 180s front this week. Norris has hit 13 in total whilst Kist has 11 so I'd expect that trend to continue and the 13 maximums needed looks pretty good for both players to cover. I will back Kist as well at odds against to hit more 180s though as I feel he will need to just step his game up at some point to see Norris off. He hit 2 more 180s than Norris in the previous round, despite playing one set less and once he is on a roll, he finds the lipstick with ease and I expect him to carry on his recent heavy scoring and pound the lipstick tonight. Ted Hankey vs Martin Atkins- Under 31.5 legs- 4/5 Blue Square- (4/10) Under 12.5 180s- Evens Blue Square- (4/10) Hopefully Hankey wins this and I think he will provided he doesn't act like a complete plonker on stage but hopefully after beating Waites he won't. I'm not saying Atkins won't win a couple of sets with these bets but the reason I prefer the unders on the legs rather than the sets is the constant shifts in momentum. The thing with both of these guys is that once they are a couple of legs behind in a set, they aren't the best fighters on the BDO ranks and they are more than likely to just give that set up. For that reason, there should be a fair few 3-0 sets to both players by my estimations that that only helps the legs bet. We'll see both players throw as many hot darts as well as cold in this match so it's more than conceivable that we could see 3-0 0-3 over the course of two sets and the pendulum swinging in both directions. For that reason, even if there are 8 sets, the match could still go under 31 legs and I'll hope it does just that. Also fancy there to be no more than 12 180s in this match. Hankey started like a house on fire against Scott Waites with his scoring but a little disappointingly, he only hit 6 in the end come the final darts whilst Atkins hit just 3 in his win over van de Wiel. Both of these guys can really pepper the lipstick when they get going, but as I've mentioned, I expect both players to fire hot and cold at times during the match. When throwing coldly, we could well see a couple of sets that don't have any 180s and given the odds are at evens, it's lured me in to have a punt at the unders here.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Small loss on the women's final. Will update P/L in the next post as I'm running late and need to split my QF bets up into two posts. First QF I'll go with one with the hope that Kist wins too. 4pts C.Kist Over 6.5 180's Evs Paddy Power This line looks a touch on the low side to me. Whether it's because Paddy Power expect Kist's standards to drop of nerves to hit I don't know but I don't see either happening and I expect him to run out a relatively comfortable victor here. What I like about this bet is Norris scores heavily enough himself so Kist will have to pepper the 180's to stay with and ahead of him. This one should last at least 7 sets and if it does I think the Dutch debutant will average a 180 per set. He hit 7 180's in a very entertaining and high scoring last 16 match against Geert de Vos in the last match and that was a match which only last 6 sets. He was under a lot of pressure in that match but his darts stayed true and that bodes well tonight. He's a very heavy scorer and when the first dart is right the next two generally follow and however the match is played, however long it is and whatever the result is I believe Kist will hit at least 7 180's in this quarter final.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Moving on to the last quarter final tonight and I'm taking 2 bets. With the loss on the ladies final I'm -1.47 going into the mens QFs. 4pts M.Atkins (+1.5 sets) to beat T.Hankey 11/10 Coral 4pts T.Hankey Over 6.5 180's 5/6 Skybet I like the look of Martin Atkins tonight. I think he's played solid darts all week and he's been very consistent with it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he wins this match but I think I'll play safe and take the handicap because Ted has an excellent record in tight matches as we've seen this week as he's came through two deciding sets. Martin Atkins has come through two very competent opponents without really being pushed. He has scored consistently and checked out very impressively and averaged around the 88-90 mark in both matches which is good darts at this level. At times this week Ted Hankey has played good darts but he hasn't done it consistently throughout either of his matches and that bodes well for Atkins here. You always think Ted's never far away from a complete meltdown with the crowd and on a Friday night with a raucous crowd tonight will be as good a time as any I guess. When the going gets tough Ted often gets going but he misses a lot of doubles these days so Atkins will get chances and when The Count goes to sleep on his scoring Atkins has the consistency to profit then too. I think Atkins will win at least four sets but I also think we'll see a number of 180's from Hankey tonight. The last time he was in the quarter final he lost to Dave Chisnall but hit 9 180's and a similar outcome tonight wouldn't surprise me. He will need to score well at times in this match and when he scores well he's as big a 180 hitter as they come with his needle like darts. I wouldn't be surprised if Atkins wins this match but I respect Ted's record in deciding sets so I'll play safe with the handicap and take Hankey to hit at least 7 180's along the way.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Much better night for me personally in terms of the match bets and Hankey won his quarter taking my overall to +29.51pts with Harms and Hankey in the semi finals. However I'm not confident with either to be honest as O'Shea and particularly Kist look a few levels above both IMO. Unlucky Kev and Russ with Atkins. His finishing went missing tonight but in truth he could have easily won given the way Hankey was playing. The outright the both of you have with Kist looks a great shout though. The forum has 3 semi finalists though which is pleasing. Wouldn't it be lovely if we saw a Kist-Harms final ;)

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Oh, how I'm cheering on the 2 Dutchmen today. Should be a cracking day of darts:hope Taking 1 in the opener. C.Kist, over 8.5 180's, 5pts @ 11/10 Paddy Power Big price for the young Dutchman to cover this line. He's looked so confident and calm up on that Lakeside stage that I don't see this semi final against Ted Hankey phasing him whatsoever. He's a very heavy scorer and has averaged well into the 90's in each of his matches so far, hitting 21 maximums in the process. Other than Round 1 where he hit 4 in 5 sets, he has averaged more than 1 per set (7 in 6 and 10 in 6). I'm sure we'll see at least 9 sets here today and, on that basis, it should be more than enough to bring in this line. Here's hoping Kist hits plenty of maximums en route to a 1st Lakeside final.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Cracking qtr shouts from Fishy and RussP :notworthy For me the best two players have been Kist and O'Shea and I think that would be a worthy final, I hope for Fishy's sake I'm wrong! Keep it up though guys and here's hoping for a profitable weekend! Think I might follow Russ with Kist maximums, just hoping Hankeys antics don't disrupt his rhythm.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 I hope so too Perry :lol but I'd be very surprised if we weren't watching Kist play O'Shea tomorrow. I was so tempted to back Kist with the handicap but I'm not going to go against my original pick so I'm just going to see how this first semi plays out I think and maybe get involved with the second semi later. GL with that 180s bet Russ.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Great call though mate with the bet on Harms. Before the tournament started not many would have had him as a potential winner. Most of us had never heard of him!! Out of interest, I find the advice on outright selections here and with the PDC as well, the best there is around. Do you, and for that matter Kevshat and Ross as well, look to trade out, say at the QF or SF stage on high odds selections such as these? I followed the advices here and traded on Betfair at the QF stage, leaving myself a profit regardless then of the result, or are you all punters plain and simple whereas I'd be looking for the opportunity to trade. Regards

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Yeah I've calmed down a bit and can be a bit more mature (Can still tell I'm at uni at times) :lol I'll just deal with today's results before I go onto your question mate. How the hell Hankey blew it I really don't know but to be honest in a way I can't wait until he moves to the PDC and gets creamed week in week out. The professionalism of the guy is appalling at best. Aside from the darts he just throws for the sake of it, and the one he just lobbed at the board in the final leg, there was a leg in which he was on 210, and hit a 180 rather than go for a 170 despite hitting bull for fun. He then had a shot due to Kist missing doubles to which he missed D15 and lost the leg. To me, that's almost on a par with just lobbing darts at the board. In the PDC he will get creamed, happy to argue against anyone who thinks otherwise. With regards to Harms, I can't fault him really given how he's performed this week. He could have actually won that match 6-2 if he had hit his doubles with O'Shea there for the taking. You sort of knew once they had that break at 5-5 O'Shea would take it. The breaks really didn't help the Dutchman at any point during the match. He took the set before the break at 0-1 and 1-2 against the throw so his momentum was interrupted. But at 5-5 and the break and new board, you always felt that would help O'Shea more unfortunately to my despair :lol Let's not forget that Kist shout by Russ and Kev though that looks to be the shout of the year so far ;) Really hope he does it for you guys and gives you a terrific return for that superb shout. Anyways with all the rants over and my blood pressure just about calmed down I can think straight. Thanks for the kind words mate, and personally I choose not to lay my picks. I could have laid both Hankey and Harms before the final but I usually trust my instincts and stick with them unless I see reason not to. I thought both Kist and O'Shea would win today, but I felt my two picks weren't without a chance and so it proved so I tend to just let them play out. Not sure about the others but that's my preference :ok

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Not the place for an argument but every dart player is different... And because they choose to go a different route doesn't make them unprofessional! Ted can be, but hitting a 180 from 210 in my opinion isn't. For a few reasons, a 180 can rattle the opponent by the crowds reaction, he was obviously honed in on the lipstick so the third treble insured him 3 darts at A double, there was no guarentee he would've hit an alternative treble or the bull and in fact a 25 would've meant at least 1 less dart at a double and finally for someone who was hitting D10 so well why not leave the double next to it? I would argue it is playing the percentages which is exactly what all commentators tell players to do! Going T16 when on 80 is a different matter altogether, but as a dart player who was once ranked in the top 150 (many years ago!) I can't agree with that specific criticism Fishy! Otherwise, I agree with pretty much everything else you've written in this thread!

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 That's a valid point Perry but surely leaving D20 would heap more pressure on the opponent than leaving D15? Granted he would have had only 2 darts to hit the doubles with, but wouldn't any darts player prefer 2 darts at tops rather than 3 at D15 where you're under a ton of pressure if you miss the first dart anyway? My main criticism would be that he didn't expect to come back when you should always think you're opponent is going to miss? You're in a far better position to comment on that than I am given your experience, but that is my thinking.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Last word from me otherwise we start clogging a brilliant thread but your argument is based him switching treble and hitting it... I would argue when you've hit 2 treble 20's with an open bed and a 'marker' your chances of hitting that treble are far greater than any other or bull. Your opponent is under pressure knowing your on a one dart finish regardless of what double your on! Lots of things go through your mind on a stage but not weighing up how good certain players are at certain doubles!

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Best Mate....personally, I let it ride so will be hoping that Kist can do the business tomorrow:hope Fishy....unlucky today mate. I do feel for you but great calls anyway, especially with Harms:clap Onto the final & I already have Kist at 70's running for me so will take a small interest bet too. C.Kist v T.O'Shea, over 11.5 sets, 4pts @ 5/4 Skybet I think this will be a cracker and am really looking forward to it. Nice to see a Wolfie-less final! Both these players have played superb darts this week and I don't see that changing here. It's been incredibly difficult to win a set against them when they have the darts and that's what draws me to this bet. Today, both players were involved in ding dong battles, winning out in final sets, and I firmly expect a similar scenario tomorrow. O'Shea has been here before whilst Kist doesn't look phased by this at all so I can't see either cracking under the pressure. With 7-5 or 7-6 on our side, I'll take the overs but am also hoping that we have a Dutchman lifting the trophy.

Re: Darts: BDO World Championship 2012 Feel for you with Harms, Fishy. That was cruel. Whether his good sportsmanship cost him the match we'll never know but he certainly had the momentum at the time for sure and having given everything he had in the final it was a shame he lost. As for the Hankey situation, well me and you will have to disagree on the Hankey getting creamed notion ;) but on his 180 I think I'd have been in the 180 boat too. My only surprise was given how well he was hitting the 10's was that he didn't split the 30 into 10s but I can say from experience of playing on that stage when I was 16 your thoughts get scrambled easily. I only played in a county youth final and only played best of 3 legs and I felt very uneasy up there so when a place in a world final is at stake clear thoughts aren't always easy. I'd liken that though to a 138 checkout. The textbook will tell you that the right way to go is T20 T18 D12 but quite often when you hit the T20 and have it sitting lovely in the treble you would probably stay there. Nobody likes D9 as a rule but your chances of hitting the big treble are increased with the marker so I don't blame him for hitting the 180. Yesterday's 180 to leave 6 was a bit more questionable though :lol:lol.

Great call though mate with the bet on Harms. Before the tournament started not many would have had him as a potential winner. Most of us had never heard of him!! Out of interest, I find the advice on outright selections here and with the PDC as well, the best there is around. Do you, and for that matter Kevshat and Ross as well, look to trade out, say at the QF or SF stage on high odds selections such as these? I followed the advices here and traded on Betfair at the QF stage, leaving myself a profit regardless then of the result, or are you all punters plain and simple whereas I'd be looking for the opportunity to trade. Regards
I don't mate. I back my selections with the belief they will win the tournament/quarter so I stick with my belief for better or worse :ok.