** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.)

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) Bucks @ Nuggets Bucks +5,5 @ 1.84 Pinnacle Under normal cirumstances I wouldn't play this one, but for Denver it's the third game in three days, B2B2B, after two tough games against the Lakers, while Bucks haven't played since Friday. Plus Bucks actually had a good start to season. Small stakes for me. Edit: OKC @ Mavs OKC -2,5 @ 1.92 Pinnacle Watched Mavs yesterday and they were really weak. Now B2B for them and OKC with fresh legs. Wouldn't be surprised about a double digit blowout. Mavs are the weakest Champion team I can remember. I have to play those bets until the market understands that the Mavs are done.

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) NBA 01:30 Detroit Pistons - Orlando Magic ------------------------------------ Orlando @ 1.54 canbet Orlando after a 0-1 start of the season got on the right track and started wining games, they stand now at 4-1 score and are lookinggood to take the win nuber 5, Anderson, Turkoglu and Howard and in good shooting form...Detroit 1-3 till now a very poor quality team this season lost very much with Hamilton gone. If I compere some matchplay stats only things Detroit is better is free throws, all other Shooting %, Defence, Rebounding, Bench, Points per game...all is on Orlando side!

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) I have been following the NBA for about a scrillion years betting the last 2-3 years. I will share my picks when I can and hopefully it goes well. My picks for tonight, 3rd of January. Player Performance Lakers vs Rockets Pau Gasol, over 8,5 rebounds: 5 units 1.83 @Bet365 Pau is a 9.1 RPG guy for his career. He has been playing consistent 36 minutes the last 4 games. 4 of the last 5 games he has covered this bet. Plus it's logical that Pau should be getting more rebounds without Odom, a big rebound guy gone. Player Performance Lakers vs Rockets Kyle Lowry, over 7,5 assists: 5 units 1.83 @Bet365 Lowry is coming off an 18 assists game and has covered this in the last 4 games as well. Don't fancy anything else tonight.

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) -0.85 Units yesterday. Lowry covered rather easily with 9 assists but Gasol had 8 rebounds...mostly due to Bynum grabbing every rebound in sight and getting his first 20/20 game of his career. Close but no cigar. Tonights bets: Player Performance Clippers vs Rockets Luis Scola, Over 17,5 points: 5 units 2.00 @Bet365 Scola has covered this 4 games out of 5 this season. Shot well yesterday 10 of 18 and 9 of 19 the game before that. Player Performance Heat vs Pacers Chris Bosh, Over 18,5 points: 5 units 1.83 @Bet365 Bosh has covered this now 4 games in a row and was 0.5 off in the 5th game. Player Performance Clippers vs Rockets Blake Griffin, Over 24,5 points: 5 units 1.83 @Bet365 Blake Griffin, Over 10,5 rebounds: 6 units 1.68 Since we can expect a high scoring game and Blake hasn't exactly been cold lately I see him covering this line at home in Lob City! Also he averaged 12 rebounds last season and with the tempo the Rockets played yesterday I can see him getting lots of rebounds like Bynum did yesterday. Kings @ Nuggets Game total Under 206,5: 5 units 1.9 @Bet365 Such a big line. Both teams have been under it recently and H2H they have been under 4 of last 7 including last 2

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) Nets @ Celtics Celtics -11,5 @ 1.86 Nets are already one of the worst teams in the league (1-5) and tonight Williams and Humphries will be out which is a huge blow for them, it will be a very weak starting line-up. Celtics back on track with three consecutive wins, home advantage and the opportunity to really focus on this game - there was no game yesterday and there's none tomorrow. Warriors @ Spurs Warriors +7,5 @ 1.95 Basically this bet is about Ginobili's injury and a therefore weakened Spurs team. He's so important for them, with a PER of 35 and 0.392 WS/48 so far, it's incredible. There are already discussions if they can make the play-offs without him. I don't know if they can, but I know that they'll need to figure out how to play without him and that it's not gonna be easy in those first couple of games.

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) The sure money looks to be in the Nets/Celtics game. Although I am a Nets fan, without Deron Williams I can only see this being an absolute blowout and Celtics -12.5 @ 1.9 looks good value. I disagree with the above poster and believe that Bosh will score under 18.5 against the Pacers. The Pacers have a good defense allowing 89 points on average a game. At 2.00 this looks a good bet at bet365 to me. Miami to score under 102 @ 1.83 looks value as well considering that Wade (although only averaging around 15.5 ponits) looks to be out of tonights game. The other game to look at would be Charlotte vs the Knicks. Stoudamire should be returning tonight so I expect better defense and stronger offense from New York. Anthony has been on fire so far and Stoudamire missing the last 2 games have meant he has really had to do everything for them. The Bobcats also have the by far the worst defense in the league allowing 107 points a game. Knicks to score over 105 @ 1.83 with Bet365 looks a decent bet. Anyways, I'm off to watch the Knicks. Can't bare to watch the Nets get destroyed.

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) Los Angeles Clippers - Houston Rockets under 208 1.81 Pinnacle 5/10 I know, Houston on away allowed 108 pts, and Clippers in home allowed 101 pts, but Rockets have 0-3 on away, so for me if play only good in offence = lose. Must play balanced against Clippers. Blake Griffin for me dont player fast basketball against Luis Scola, so for me max pts in this match 200. GL and :welcome

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.)

Los Angeles Clippers - Houston Rockets under 208 1.81 Pinnacle 5/10 I know, Houston on away allowed 108 pts, and Clippers in home allowed 101 pts, but Rockets have 0-3 on away, so for me if play only good in offence = lose. Must play balanced against Clippers. Blake Griffin for me dont player fast basketball against Luis Scola, so for me max pts in this match 200. GL and :welcome
117:89 +4.05u

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) NBA 11-12 4W-3L Lakers @ Trail Blazers Trail Blazers -2,5 @ 1.83 Pinnacle Blazers had a good start (4-1) with two must wins against the 76ers and Kings, a decent win against the stronger-than-expected Nuggets, a convincing double-digit win in OKC, and a rather close defeat against the Clippers on the road. Overall they have a very promising start to the season that just proves they can be a force in the Western Conference again. They gel well, play off each other, and have Aldrige, fun to watch them. Home advantage should be a factor in this, there were quite a few games in the last few years when the Lakers were buried at Rose Garden, even when they were reigning champs. And now they are everything but reigning champs, they're not what they used to be. 4-3 so far, but the only convincing games were the home games against Utah and the Knicks. In every other game they were struggling, lost both games on the road (by 9), even Sacramento looked like a playoff team against them. If they want to compete here they'll need to show their seasons best performance with Kobe shooting 50% and Bynum scoring 25-30 points or something like that. And I think that's not likely to happen tonight at Rose Garden. ____ Also: there are rumours that Lebron and Wade can't play tonight, at least they won't be at 100%. Wade with his foot injury and Lebron with a sprained ankle. Therefore I like Hawks +2,5 @ 1.85. They have just beat the Heat by 8 in Miami, today with the home advantage, fresher legs and against a weakened Heat team. Plus Heat with the second B2B in five days.

Got Bosh and the total for Denver correct, so far 3 out of 7. The Clippers game really killed me last night. Blake was already with 22/9 but because the Clippers blew out the Rockets, him and Scola sat out the 4th killing my bets. -7.35 Units now total Time to get in the green! Hawks vs Heat Hawks (-2) 5 units @1.9 Bet365 The Hawks already beat the Heat on the road this season. They had the Bulls on the ropes in Chicago only for some late magic from Rose to save them. Also Wade was out last night for the Heat and James sprained his ankle and is day-to-day. Also the Heat don't have much depth so I fancy the Hawks here. Spurs vs Mavs Player Performance Richard Jefferson over 12,5 points 6 units @1.8 Bet365 Simple reason, with Ginobili out, Jefferson has more scoring load and more minutes. Last 2 games 38 minutes and 33 minutes scoring 17 and 16 points. Spurs vs Mavs Player Performance Lamar Odom under 10,5 points 5 units @1.76 Bet365 Odom has failed to cover this 4 out of 5 games. They are still finding his role in Dallas and he is not getting many minutes yet on a deep Dallas team. Blazers vs Lakers Player Performance Pau Gasol over 16,5 points 5 units @1.9 Bet365 Covered 4 out of 5 this season by Pau Blazers vs Lakers Player Performance Steve Blake over 8,5 points 5 units @1.83 Bet365 Covered in last 2 games and 3 out of 4. Steve has been hitting at least 2 3-pointers 4 out of 5 games. The extra motivation of performing vs your old team should lift him over this small hump. Blazers vs Lakers Player Performance Andrew Bynum under 18,5 points 5 units @1.76 Bet365 Andrew hasn't been a big scorer despite recent 21 point game but the pace of that game was faster than the one tonight. Andrew is also prone to foul trouble which can limit his output

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) Sacramento Kings - Milwaukee Bucks 1(+4) 1.77 5/10 Pinnacle Kings part ways with head coach Paul Westphal. Yes, yes - for me mainly argument for this bet. last time i wrote about situation in Kings. Cancer was head coach. I think Kings without Westphal - better play Tyerek Evans. Two poor team, but Bucks probably without Andrew Bogut, Beno Udrih, Mbah a Moute and Mike Dunleavy. GL E:/ Tyereke Evans over 22 pts +rbs +as 1.81 betsson 5/10

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) Portland Trail Blazers - Los Angeles Lakers under 190 1.80 pinnacle 5/10 For me in this game key to win is defense. Portland in home games allowed 94 pts , Lakers 99. Under is 6-0 in Trail Blazers last 6 vs. NBA Pacific. Under is 4-0 in Lakers last 4 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600. Under is 6-1 in Lakers last 7 overall. Under is 5-1 in Trail Blazers last 6 games following a S.U. win. Under is 4-1 in Trail Blazers last 5 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400 GL

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) Heat-Hawks was a fun game to watch and the Miami Raptors:lol did a great job, but damn ...3OT and there went the money. Anyways: NBA 11/12 5W-4L Nuggets (5-2) @ Hornets (2-4) Nuggets -4,5 @ 1.91 Trading Paul was surely not a bad deal for the Hornets, everybody acknowledged the trade as good. But a) all the new players need time to gel, b) those players don't want to be there, at least it's hard to think of a superb locker room chemistry, c) they are weak either way. They had a good start in Phoenix and against Boston, but then they lost four consecutive games vs mediocre teams (Suns/Kings/Jazz/76ers). At home they lost vs the 76ers by 8 and vs the Suns by 15 which speaks volumes. Ariza (starter) is expected to miss the game. Nuggets are in my eyes one of the most underrated teams out there, I mean, everybody knows the West is wide open at the moment, but people tend to talk about Lakers, Clippers, OKC or Blazers (ok, they also ignore the Blazers). But I rate the Nuggets, their depth/enormous bench production very high. On the road they lost against the Blazers (that's not a shame) and against the Lakers (by 3, couldn't close out the game), other than that they've been overall convincing. Nene (starter) is a game time decision. Both teams with fresh legs. With their depth I see Nuggets as clear favourites. __ Might be good to check team news on time, Bulls @ Magic anyone? I read that Rose might not be available?!

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) Lakers -10 vs Warriors. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (8/10) Warriors haven't won in LA for 4 years, that's since march 2008. They will have hard time dealing with Lakers this time as well. Stef Curry is out with an ankle injury. Warriors don't have anybody at the Center position and Bynum who is averaging double double will have another walk in the park. Lakers normally hammer Warriors by big margins and with Brown bringing in a bit more solid game at the defensive end I feel confident about Lakers winning this one by double digits. Bobcats vs Hawks. Under 188 points. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Bobcats naturally are very slow team and don't run particularly good. Hawks aren't much different and this match for sure won't be played at high pace. Atlanta were involved in a 3 OT match against Heat last night and will have dead legs for sure. Leaning towards Bobcats to win for that reason as well but kind of afraid that they won't score enough points. Anyways, having unders @ 188 points which looks too big. Had set it out around 184 points myself, so this is better than I expected. Thunder vs Rockets. Over 205 points. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Rockets won't win this match but they most definitely will make it a high scoring affair. Rockets are flying this year. They can't defend but they can score and Thunder for once will be forced to play a bit faster. 30 pts for each per quarter should not be a shocking results. Definitely over 205 points. I reckon it will be around 215-220 in the end.

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) Toronto - Nets Nets +7 1.78 Pinnacle 5/10 yes, Bargnani play good, but for NJN back Humprhies and Williams. They have 6 lose in a row. If play better 4q than last game, i think they have chance to win in Toronto. Boston - Indiana under 188 1.76 Pinnacle 5/10 Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Boston. boston in home allowed only 82 pts, Indiana on away allowed 98pts Suns - Blazers Suns +3 1.88 Pinnacle 5/10 Blazers b2b. Portland is different team if play on away with b2b. Suns play better in defense in home games, so if they play in good FG% = i hope they have chance to win. GL

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) Two games for me . Jazz vs Memphis Cant see anything other than a jazz win . Memphis have been struggling against better sides and only managed to defeat sub-par teams . Jazz are not a sub par team and they do have some scorers in their lineup in Jefersson , Millsap . I believe they will win this game easily though . Suns vs Blazers B2B for blazers but they should have enough for suns . Suns are one of the worst sides out in the nba this season tbh and i cant understand why they are priced at such a price to win the game . I'm going with the blazers as they have sufficient scorers and defense to defend whatever the suns can throw at them . A nice sweet double would be nice here .

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) NBA 2011-12 6W-4L Nuggets (6-2) @ Spurs (5-2) Nuggets +4,5 @ 1.93 Pinnacle I'm gonna stick with the Nuggets, it's a B2B but they handled the schedule quite well with their bench. Yesterday it was the same story, they stay close til the 4th quarter and then their depth kicks in and they just run people off the court, combined with good defense. They have a good combination to cope with the shortened schedule: they are young, fast, athletic, whatever you want - and they are deep. Losing Ginobili again is a huge blow for the Spurs, but credit to them, they've won the first two games without him: against the Warriors by 6 and against the Mavs by 22 (!). I think against the Warriors it was way closer than they wanted (down 5 after the 3rd) and against the Mavs, you know, that game was already decided after six or so minutes. The Spurs were killing them with threes (16-33 vs 1-19) and I think that just happens sometimes when an old, not-in-shape veterans team is playing its 6th game in 8 nights (like the Mavs). I don't know if Nuggets win but they should keep it close and I surely don't expect them to die by threes. ___ Bulls (7-1) @ Hawks (5-3) Bulls -4 @ 1.91 William Hill It's a tough schedule so far for a lot of teams and it's gonna be another B2B for the Bulls. But Hawk's schedule must have been the worst so far, they played four B2B games in the last 11 days, and tonight it's gonna be B2B2B. Plus yesterday they played 1 OT and the day before yesterday they played 3 OT. I know it's still early in the season but I just don't expect them to compete against the Bulls and against the schedule at the same time.

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) I noticed that teams sometimes give up easily as the schedule is very packed in the nba nowadays , so that is something for us to take note of . I hate B2B tbh , if teams dont start well , they will give up . Just like spurs and portland did recently . :@:@:@:@

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) Ok , i think i got the nba sorted out now . Here's one for tonight . Golden State vs Utah Both teams on back to back , they thrives on playing D nowadays these 2 teams . Even if they have energy for the first quarter , they'll have the usual defensive intensity on the 2nd quarter at least . 2nd Quarter Under 46.5 Points

Re: NBA Week 2 (Mon Jan 2.) Total points scored in 2nd quarter = 45 . Close one though but we got what we wanted in the end . :ok

Ok , i think i got the nba sorted out now . Here's one for tonight . Golden State vs Utah Both teams on back to back , they thrives on playing D nowadays these 2 teams . Even if they have energy for the first quarter , they'll have the usual defensive intensity on the 2nd quarter at least . 2nd Quarter Under 46.5 Points