** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PGA Tour 2012 - Farmers Insurance Open

RussP

Re: PGA Tour 2012 - Farmers Insurance Open It gets worse too. Seems I only backed Snedeker for the place by mistake. Would have been a happy mistake had Stanley won but instead it's just insult to injury. Still technically in profit for the year now but I'm just going to reset the bank and start again next week.

Re: PGA Tour 2012 - Farmers Insurance Open Oh man, I feel your pain Crouch, that's really cruel and incredibly unlucky. He fully backed up your pick though and proved what a talent he is, hopefully he can bounce back in the same way Garrigus did a couple of years ago.

Re: PGA Tour 2012 - Farmers Insurance Open I feel incredibly sick right now, so I can't imagine what Stanley is feeling. I've never been so confident on a pick at those odds, and I felt his skill set relative to the rest of the field was going to be a huge advantage. I really can't imagine I'll have a bet at such odds with such confidence again in a very, very long time, which is what truly frustrates me. It's probably my own fault for not having a laying off structure in place, so I'll be abandoning any staking points until I figure out how to make sure something like this never happens again. Stanley now into 24's for the next event, so I'm going to have to jump off his bandwagon, at least in a betting sense. He'll probably break through this year, but these odds don't really represent value anymore. I'll definitely be looking for him to win a US Open one day though. His skill set is really geared towards those courses. Until such time as he qualifies though, I'm going to do everything I can to try and forget I was ever on him this weekend.

Re: PGA Tour 2012 - Farmers Insurance Open Can you explain what exactly happened on the 18th mate, would you believe i switched over after the 16th thinking it was wrapped up, and didnt actually check the result until this morning... It also is not on youtube, cant actually believe it

Re: PGA Tour 2012 - Farmers Insurance Open Couldn't believe it spun back into the water Crouchy, very unlucky, looked like stopping twice :( Chin up though ....

"No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day and be thankful for life. Someone somewhere is fighting to survive!"
.... It's only money :ok

Re: PGA Tour 2012 - Farmers Insurance Open

I feel incredibly sick right now, so I can't imagine what Stanley is feeling. I've never been so confident on a pick at those odds, and I felt his skill set relative to the rest of the field was going to be a huge advantage. I really can't imagine I'll have a bet at such odds with such confidence again in a very, very long time, which is what truly frustrates me. It's probably my own fault for not having a laying off structure in place, so I'll be abandoning any staking points until I figure out how to make sure something like this never happens again. Stanley now into 24's for the next event, so I'm going to have to jump off his bandwagon, at least in a betting sense. He'll probably break through this year, but these odds don't really represent value anymore. I'll definitely be looking for him to win a US Open one day though. His skill set is really geared towards those courses. Until such time as he qualifies though, I'm going to do everything I can to try and forget I was ever on him this weekend.
You got the value mate. The result is sickening from a financial point of view but lots of positives to take given the fact you found him at that price. Not much anyone can say right now, but was still a great pick - very unlucky, feel your pain.

Re: PGA Tour 2012 - Farmers Insurance Open Crouchie, as you know I don't follow the PGA Tour so can't really comment as I didn't see it. But, from what I've read, it's an absolute sickener. Gutted for you as I was coming in here ready to congratulate you on a 3-figure winner. It's been a weekend of what could / should have beens. Chin up mate. Clearly you know your stuff and you'll get it back with interest.