** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7

I'm not very knowledgeable about non-league football but...if this is going to be Darlington's last game' date=' maybe overs is a good shout? Priced at 2.15 with William Hill. You'd think the players will want to put on a show for the fans and will keep trying to score goals whatever the score is. And for Barrow if the result will be expunged then they will be able to relax and play with freedom, which may lead to goals as well.[/quote'] That's a reasonable shout, pg. Barrow rarely draw a blank at home - once in the league this season at home to York. I worry about Darlo's firepower at the moment, though there could be a surreal air about the game and they have been able to score away from home (though not at Kettering). Given that a couple of the squad have already been complaining about the difficulty they have been having paying the bills, it's natural to assume that a number will be hunting out opportunities elsewhere. I am sure they will want to put on some sort of show for the big away following, but that has to be balanced with the feeling that they might have another employer come Monday, who won't be too happy if a potential new squad member got crocked in the mud at Barrow. Still, as you and addpea point out, Barrow players will also be contemplating a game that means nothing.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 The Northern Echo is reporting that following the dismissal of all but a skeleton staff at Darlington, they won't be able to host the next home game against Fleetwood Town. The players will get £200 for playing at Barrow. The club's only hope is that someone comes in to cover costs until the summer - not the most attractive of propositions as they would most likely operate with a much-changed playing staff. The most viable option is a phoenix club, but if that happens they will probably have to start lower down the food chain, and therefore there is very little point in muddling through to the summer and restarting in the Conference North after relegation, though this is still a possibility.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Here's a quote from one of the players, again from the Northern Echo: "They [administrators] are trying to encourage us to play and we're all pretty much expecting to. But if the club folds soon where would we stand if we got injured? "They've offered us £200 if we play. But we might get injured playing and if the club folded we would be in a serious situation. I suppose that's been the case for the last couple of months, but we're talking about the tools of my trade and risking them for what? For very little in the scheme of things. "People will play though, I think. But it's a difficult situation for all of us."

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Cambridge vs Southport Home side has been brilliant at home this season, but they haven't been able to maintain a good rhythm all the way. Southport have been thrashed home by Fleetwood, but they have played against best team on the road. Besides, Southport is much, much better away from home. Cambridge lost 2-3 to Braintree and they are not in top form either. Expect a tight game and at least one point from Southport! away +0.5 AH @ 1.84 with 188bet

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Cambridge - Southport: Draw @ 3.40 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 I don't think a great deal separates these two sides based on their performance thus far. Cambridge is in 8th place with 43 points and Southport is in 4th place with 48 points. Cambridge is a good home team (7-4-1 record) while Southport is a good away team (8-2-3 record). I believe these respective tendencies of strength will offset each other and lead to the draw. Both teams are coming off of defeats (Southport at home and Cambridge away) so both may make avoiding a second defeat a priority and thus lead to a tight match which increases the chances of the draw.

Darlo fans have raised nearly £2k overnight to pay for the players food' date=' sports drinks etc etc on Saturday; if that doesn't spur the team on to a big performance I don't know what will[/quote'] Now stands at over £3k and I imagine will only get higher. As for Kettering I read they were hoping to sort out the transfer embargo today. Only a couple of bookies have priced the game up but given they have already got two players back this week and a takeover looks almost certain to happen, they do look big at 11/2 to beat a Telford side who have been struggling for form all season. Not going to take it yet but would do if they were able to sign players before the game.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Also I think the price on Southport is huge tonight. VC have pushed them out to 14/5 and I just dont see why they should be as big as that. Bar the win over Braintree Cambridge's efforts of late have been pretty poor and although they have only lost once at home all season they have been lucky of late to keep that stat intact. Southport have had a dip in form but they have got a superb away record this season and drew at Fleetwood. Yes they lost 6-0 to them on Sunday but I fully expect them to bounce back from that. There probably isnt too much between this two sides and the 14/5 should be shorter in my view so they look a value play tonight.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 One spread trade for me tonight: a buy of Southport's multi-corners at 7.5 (Sporting and Spreadex). Southport's high-energy, pressing-up-the-field game didn't work at home tp Fleetwood but Cambridge U have been a touch uncertain in defence at times and I can see Southport winning the odd corner as defenders go safety-first in the blustery conditions. A sell of the 2nd Southport goal - as high as 80 with Sporting - also appeals, but I'll wait until the match is under way before deciding on that one.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Thought the scoreline was harsh on Southport as until the sending off I still thought they could get something out of the game. The problem was Southports defending especially on the 2nd goal and Cambridge were a little more clinical. Thought Cambrigde played well though and a big improvement from most of their performances of late.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Mixed on the spreads but decent enough, although it was also a case of missed opportunities. I kept the Owens trade open - I was just feeling smug that I spotted it and Spreadex's setter didn't - but it lost five points. However, Southport multis made up 10 for a 2.5 profit. The price took a dive after the first goal and was available to buy at 6.5. There was also the opportunity to close at HT - when they were making up five - for a better profit but I didn't take it.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Bath vs Braintree...over 2.5 goals @ 4/6...stakes...2/10.The odds for Bath have dropped and I think the value is gone on a home win but I think there is a good chance that this could go over.Braintree are 3.6 goals per away game and Bath at home are 2.85.The last 5 games between these teams has produced 23 goals. Bath have scored and conceded in their last 5 home games and even though Braintree are away,they have Wright and Marks upfront and could score....

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 News on the two crisis clubs (both from BBC site): Kettering Kettering Town face a winding-up petition in the Royal Courts of Justice in London on 6 February. HM Revenue and Customs issued the petition on 9 December. The financially-troubled Poppies put their entire squad on the transfer list in November and were put under a transfer embargo. They have not won a game since then and dropped into the Blue Square Bet Premier relegation zone before changing managers this week. Mark Cooper took over until the end of the season from Mark Stimson on Wednesday. Former Stevenage and Gilingham boss Stimson only took over at Nene Park himself in September, but that was before the true nature of the club's financial situation came to light. He lost several of his squad in the final week of the transfer window and had to supplement the side with youth team players. But the club have been working to try and recoup sponsorship money they believe they are owed, and to try and find new investment or owners. Cooper, who previously managed Kettering between 2007 and 2009, said he only agreed to return to the club after being assured that their off-field worries "were going to change in the next week or two". Darlington Former Darlington chairman Raj Singh has said he is happy to write off the loans he made to the Quakers if a buyer is found for the football club. Singh, who stood down after he placed the business in administration, said he invested more than £2.5m in the club since taking ownership in 2009. "I'll walk away, I'm not expecting a penny back," Singh told BBC Tees. "I could make things difficult for the administrators but I won't. I want the club to survive, to do well." Singh's involvement began with the club in the Football League, although their relegation in 2009-10 saw Darlington slide into the Football Conference. That, Singh said, amounted to a loss of around £700,000 a season in revenue. That disappointment was offset by player sales and an FA Trophy final appearance but was not enough to balance the books, according to Singh. "You're looking at £2.5-3m [invested]," he continued. "Do the quick maths, when I went in, it was £1.125m to buy the 10% share.

o.gif
"If you go to Companies House, look at the accounts for year ending July 2010, I think we made a loss of £930,000 - including the league money, including the Carling Cup game against Leeds. "Then last year we made a loss around the £200,000 mark, and I want to answer this for fans who wonder where the money has gone. "That includes the Dan Burn money - £300,000, the FA Trophy - roughly £250,000-300,000 and a bit of the league money coming in. "That's in total, if you tally it all up, around £900,000." A failure to purchase the stadium land from owners Phillip Scott and Graham Sizer, as well as secure a relaxation of covenants on the stadium land usage with the Borough Council, have previously been held up as circumstances behind Singh's disenchantment at Darlington. "I've never said I'm going to keep pumping money into the club until we get up again or I get sick of it," he added. "I've always said I'll support it, but I had to prove to the council that I'm here for the football not for making money on the land. "When I first went in, people asked me if I was in it for the long run. I said I could be here for two years, I could be here for 20 years depending on how things went. "I can take the club on, but the land, the stadium it all needs to work together. "I'll be honest, I made two big mistakes. I thought I could work with the council, they will play ball with me; and the other was thinking if George [Houghton] couldn't pay off Scott and Sizer I could negotiate with them and I could buy them out. "Those are my biggest mistakes, and the two biggest reasons that I'm getting out of it now." You can hear the full interview with Raj Singh with BBC Tees Sport on the iPlayer .

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Bath vs Braintree After winning against Newport and playing so good lately I decided to take them here. The Romans are having just 1 defeat in last 7 games and have 3 wins. Braintree had troubles recently away and I expect them to play again with fear in this one. Seems that skipper Kenny Davis will not play for Braintree, but they will welocme back suspended marks. No problems for Bath! home 0 AH @ 1.86 with Ladbrokers

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 A couple of spreads for me today: I've sold the time of the 2nd Grimsby goal at 73 with Sporting. Both sides are clearly improving, and both are making admirable squad adjustments, but Grimsby look the better all-round package at the moment (and definitely someone to put on the watchlist next season). Though most of Grimsby's better recent results have come against the flakier sides in the section, I think they have a good goalscoring potential and are looking very bright on their travels. One more: a buy of Danny Rowe's goal minutes at 9. The new Stockport striker has joined on loan from Fleetwood, after a healthy spell of notching at Droylsden. It's not a given that he'll be employed correctly by Jim Gannon but I reckon he'll be the point of attack today and with Stockport improving, and Gateshead without a clean sheet at home since early September, there is a reasonable chance that they will notch. It's a sporting trade to think that Rowe will be in the right place when they do.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Bet based on mainly non sporting reasons as Darlington team is in finacial fiasco, so probably their heads wont be on right places. If i would bet it for sporting reasons, Barrow must be said is strong home team with 8-3-2 record and they already beateb Darlo in first game of season. All in all, dont know if game will be played, but if yes, surely Barrow looks to be the side to bet on. Barrow -0.5 @ 1.80

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Forest green @ 11/4...????I think this price is a little out of whack but being of a cautious nature I'm taking them draw no bet 2.85...stakes 1/10....double chance 1.925...stakes 1/10 and +1AH @ 1.475....stakes 2/10....all courtesy of my friends at bet366. Mansfield have won 5 out of 13 at home and Forest Green have lost 2 out of 13 away...the stags have 2 wins from their last 15 after a great start to the season.FGR Are winless in their last 5 after a run of just 3 losses in 15 before that.Styche is a loss but they have signed back Henderson and Paterson to give their attack a bit of a boost.They're both 6 ft plus and may be good additions to the team. Mansfield have lost Verma And Kelly back to Kettering and Also Freeman and Naylor.I just think there is good value to be had on FGR and they have been creating chances lately even in defeat....FGR to at least get a point is my shout....

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 No joy on the Rowe spread - a ten point loss - but a handsome return of 44 points on the Grimsby 2nd goal trade. Add to that some decent Barrow action on the fixed odds and I'm sitting very pretty at the end of today - it has been a very encouraging start to the New Year. Great call by Maliniok on Barrow earlier in the week, especially on the -1 - I think a lot of us here have benefited today. Good call also by azzurini on Barrow -0.5.

Bath vs Braintree...over 2.5 goals @ 4/6...stakes...2/10.The odds for Bath have dropped and I think the value is gone on a home win but I think there is a good chance that this could go over.Braintree are 3.6 goals per away game and Bath at home are 2.85.The last 5 games between these teams has produced 23 goals. Bath have scored and conceded in their last 5 home games and even though Braintree are away,they have Wright and Marks upfront and could score....
1-1, bet lost but there were 26 shots on goal,14 on target with Braintree hitting the crossbar....

Forest green @ 11/4...????I think this price is a little out of whack but being of a cautious nature I'm taking them draw no bet 2.85...stakes 1/10....double chance 1.925...stakes 1/10 and +1AH @ 1.475....stakes 2/10....all courtesy of my friends at bet366. Mansfield have won 5 out of 13 at home and Forest Green have lost 2 out of 13 away...the stags have 2 wins from their last 15 after a great start to the season.FGR Are winless in their last 5 after a run of just 3 losses in 15 before that.Styche is a loss but they have signed back Henderson and Paterson to give their attack a bit of a boost.They're both 6 ft plus and may be good additions to the team. Mansfield have lost Verma And Kelly back to Kettering and Also Freeman and Naylor.I just think there is good value to be had on FGR and they have been creating chances lately even in defeat....FGR to at least get a point is my shout....
FGR lost 1-0 so lost 2 points and 2 points back for the + 1 AH....

Barrow - Darlington - 1 @1.91 with William Hill Stake: 6/10
After I've taken this bet and read that Darlington may go out of business I seriously was afraid that Barrow wouldn't treat the game seriously. Thankfully they behaved like proper professionals and beat Darlington 3:0! Bet won +5.46u

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Latest on Kettering seems to suggest that the takeover might not actually be happening after all. Reading between the lines it seem Ladak is messing around with the club and making things hard for the people wanting to buy the club. Even the possibilty of Cooper jacking in the job soon. Has to be the real possibility of us losing two clubs in a short space of time. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16457700.stm