** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7

Tuesday 3 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bath City v Newport County (19:45 GMT) 7/4 12/5 8/5 104.24 %
Thursday 5 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Cambridge United v Southport (19:30 GMT) 11/8 23/10 15/8 107.13 %
Saturday 7 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AFC Telford United v Kettering Town (15:00 GMT) 1/50 1/4 1/50 276.08 %
maximize.gif Alfreton Town v Grimsby Town (15:00 GMT) 6/4 12/5 6/4 109.41 %
maximize.gif Barrow v Darlington (15:00 GMT) 1/1 9/4 5/2 109.34 %
maximize.gif Bath City v Braintree Town (15:00 GMT) 5/4 11/5 2 109.03 %
maximize.gif Gateshead v Stockport County (15:00 GMT) 4/5 23/10 10/3 109.67 %
maximize.gif Kidderminster Harriers v Hayes & Yeading (15:00 GMT) 4/7 13/5 9/2 109.60 %
maximize.gif Lincoln City v York City (15:00 GMT) 15/8 11/5 13/10 109.51 %
maximize.gif Luton Town v Newport County (15:00 GMT) 4/11 3 15/2 110.10 %
maximize.gif Mansfield Town v Forest Green Rovers (15:00 GMT) 11/10 9/4 9/4 109.16 %

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Bath City vs Newport County We always had goals between these two and I suspect the same now. Both are teams that are having problems in defensive, although Newport showed a little more accuracy lately in the back. They are complaining about the pitch so they should start getting more points from foreign grounds. Bath City is not an easy place to go to get points, but neither inaccessible. Expect a game with 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 with PaddyPower

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Considering taking on Barrow who are tradiotionally strong at home and in addition Darlington are facing huge problems.. Will appreciate if any one who follows news from Darlington (Shippsupsteet, Addpea) would share their team situation and mood in the camp on here.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Granted I am in London but the weather sounds like its filthy all over the country and although it is meant to calm a bit by tonight it certainly wont be great weather to play football in especially as we have two clubs depspearate for the points. Interestingly you can back both teams to win the game at 7/4 which shows the bookies dont know who is going to win. Although I was tempted by Bath I am going to leave them alone for now and tip up under 2.5 goals. The conditions arent going to lead to great football and given its a big game for both clubs it looks a game made for very few goals if any this evening. VC are best price at 21/20. I know neither side are known for 0-0 games but I reckon there will be little quality on show tonight and it might be worth a dabble on 0-0 at 12/1 (VC) and no goalscorer at 10/1 with Blue Square.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7

Considering taking on Barrow who are tradiotionally strong at home and in addition Darlington are facing huge problems.. Will appreciate if any one who follows news from Darlington (Shippsupsteet' date=' Addpea) would share their team situation and mood in the camp on here.[/quote'] Two teams I hate backing in games as I struggle to get either right. Its worth pointing out that Darlo have done pretty well on the field despite the off the field troubles and they werent far away from getting a point on Sunday. Obviously we will have to see what happens between now and then but Darlo are having a meeting today and it could well be the case they are put into administration today. If that happens then I dont expect the evens to be around for long although I wouldnt want to be getting involved at the moment.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Not sure what is it you can get wrong with Barrow. Back them when they're at hom and back against them when they're away ;). Just joking of course. Judging by that tweet I am going to take Barrow at evens tonight if it lasts. I am at work now so can't provide specific stats but I remember looking at Barrow's home form and Darlo's away form the odds should be around 1.8 so evens is big value especially considering Darlo's problems. EDIT: just as i finished writing it up, BBC reported that Darlington are in admin and Stan James took the bet down... No more good value i am afraid although I will wait for new odds.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Bath City> Newport County=both teams to score (1.61)/over(1.95) bet365 stakes 6 / 10 Bath City position 24° points 14 Newport County position 20° points 22 Preview: Newport County Suspended: Sam Foley (midfielder 22 / 5). The Bath City has a score in house w2-d3-l7 goals scored 13 goals against 19 and the Newport County has a score out of the house w2-d4-l6 goals scored 17 goals against 21. Both teams are doing a very disappointing season. There are two teams of similar low ranking for game performance. The Bath City drew the last game away from home with the score 1-1 against Kettering and the Newport County has lost the 'last home match with a score of 0-1 against Fleetwood. Given the goals scored and conceded by the two teams I think this is a game with many goals from actions. Earlier last season: 2-2 (Bath house) and 1-2 (Newport County at home). When playing at home, Bath has never lost against Newport County in the last four meetings. Marc Canham is the leading scorer for Bath with his 5 goals. Danny Rose has made ​​11 for Newport County. :hope:hope:hope

Not sure what is it you can get wrong with Barrow. Back them when they're at hom and back against them when they're away ;). Just joking of course. Judging by that tweet I am going to take Barrow at evens tonight if it lasts. I am at work now so can't provide specific stats but I remember looking at Barrow's home form and Darlo's away form the odds should be around 1.8 so evens is big value especially considering Darlo's problems. EDIT: just as i finished writing it up' date=' BBC reported that Darlington are in admin and Stan James took the bet down... No more good value i am afraid although I will wait for new odds.[/quote'] I was right that the evens wouldnt last long then. Darlington administrators' statement: "without financial support I will have little alternative but to cease trading in a very short time" That suggests they might not be around for too much longer. The debts arent that big but for me the main problem is the ground as its way too big for them. I just dont trust Barrow and they are actually rather unpredictable in my view. They will fail to win games they should and win games they shouldnt so I tend to avoid backing them at short odds unless the reasons are very good. From memory they have a good record at home against top teams in the league and that is the time to chance them in my view. If you look at Darlo's form since Liddle took over though it is actually pretty good especially given the off the field issues and their only defeats in the last six were at Wrexham and the game on Sunday and they could easily have got something out of both. Depending on what happens between now and Saturday there might well be value in opposing Barrow in my view.

I just dont trust Barrow and they are actually rather unpredictable in my view. They will fail to win games they should and win games they shouldnt so I tend to avoid backing them at short odds unless the reasons are very good.
TBH - I don't know where you're coming from. This season they lost at home to Gateshead (when they were storming the PO positions earlier in the season) and Mansfield who have a good away record of 4-2-7. Only the second one may be qualified as a surprise. They drew with Tamworth, York and Ebsfleet - so you have two 'surprises' here as I count York as a very strong team. They beat 8 teams including Fleetwood, Wrexham and Kidderminster so overall it's a pretty reliable home form if you ask me.

TBH - I don't know where you're coming from. This season they lost at home to Gateshead (when they were storming the PO positions earlier in the season) and Mansfield who have a good away record of 4-2-7. Only the second one may be qualified as a surprise. They drew with Tamworth' date=' York and Ebsfleet - so you have two 'surprises' here as I count York as a very strong team. They beat 8 teams including Fleetwood, Wrexham and Kidderminster so overall it's a pretty reliable home form if you ask me.[/quote'] I dont rate Barrow much and maybe they are slightly more reliable than in previous seasons but I still wouldnt want to go storming in on them at short odds. It doesnt sound like they have been that impressive of late. Also you back up my comment about backing them against the better teams in the league as they have had a decent record against them. Other bookies have priced up Saturday's game and they are still just under evens if you want to get involved. Granted the fact Darlo could be out of business very soon might affect the players more than things off the field had been up to this point.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 It's looking quite dodgy for Darlington, and events are moving a bit faster than I expected. If the players weren't on to their agents to get fixed up last week, they will be now. Who goes and who stays depends a little on the attitude of the administrator. I am also guessing there is no takeover close, otherwise the current owner would have dealt with them direct. Sad day, but I think maliniok is right to follow Barrow; if there is an exodus the price will look daft come Saturday. VCbet have suspended betting on the fixture - while I had my nose in the trough.

Other bookies have priced up Saturday's game and they are still just under evens if you want to get involved.
And so I have :) Barrow - Darlington - 1 @1.91 with William Hill Stake: 6/10 Reasoning above in my conversation with Addpea. I would have taken this bet just going by Barrow's home form. Today's events at Darlington and the fact that the players didn't get paid for December and are highly unlikely to get paid at all while playing for The Quakers make this bet even more tempting.

Bath City> Newport County=both teams to score (1.61)/over(1.95) bet365 stakes 6 / 10 Bath City position 24° points 14 Newport County position 20° points 22 Preview: Newport County Suspended: Sam Foley (midfielder 22 / 5). The Bath City has a score in house w2-d3-l7 goals scored 13 goals against 19 and the Newport County has a score out of the house w2-d4-l6 goals scored 17 goals against 21. Both teams are doing a very disappointing season. There are two teams of similar low ranking for game performance. The Bath City drew the last game away from home with the score 1-1 against Kettering and the Newport County has lost the 'last home match with a score of 0-1 against Fleetwood. Given the goals scored and conceded by the two teams I think this is a game with many goals from actions. Earlier last season: 2-2 (Bath house) and 1-2 (Newport County at home). When playing at home, Bath has never lost against Newport County in the last four meetings. Marc Canham is the leading scorer for Bath with his 5 goals. Danny Rose has made ​​11 for Newport County. :hope:hope:hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHH :ok:ok

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 There still no clear way forward for Darlo at the moment, although the most serious apparent development is that most of the staff, including the groundsman, have been laid off - a sign, if true, that the administrators are not planning to host another home game. The game with Barrow is set to go ahead but I can't see the administrator standing in the way of any players who get themselves sorted this week. Only six players are said to have been in training today, though perhaps there's nothing sinister in that. (Adam Rundle has tweeted he's in his car driving to Manchester.) The immediate beneficiary if Darlo go pop and have their record expunged are Fleetwood, who lose a single point, whereas Wrexham lose three.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 Just to add some more to what Ships has said. Ive just listened to an interview with Colin Liddle and he says that he has just been told to prepare for Saturday and that they might not last until their next game against Fleetwood. It could well be Darlo's last game on Saturday which could well mean the players will be up for it and want to give them a good send off. Also from the Barrow point of view they have to be thinking that it doesnt matter how they play because the result could be meaningless in a few days time. Unless it comes out that Darlo are going to send out the youth team out, and Liddle thinks only a couple of players might leave, I still think its a no bet.

The immediate beneficiary if Darlo go pop and have their record expunged are Fleetwood' date=' who lose a single point, whereas Wrexham lose three.[/quote'] Luton would also lose three points as would Southport and Cambridge, York would only lose a point.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 News from the other crisis club is that Mark Stimson has left Kettering tonight. Apparently he did not resign so there is obviously a lot more to come on this one. For me he was the one keeping it together and they will be in trouble without him. No bookie had priced their game with Telford up though so impossible to make any money out of it.

Just to add some more to what Ships has said. Ive just listened to an interview with Colin Liddle and he says that he has just been told to prepare for Saturday and that they might not last until their next game against Fleetwood. It could well be Darlo's last game on Saturday which could well mean the players will be up for it and want to give them a good send off. Also from the Barrow point of view they have to be thinking that it doesnt matter how they play because the result could be meaningless in a few days time. Unless it comes out that Darlo are going to send out the youth team out, and Liddle thinks only a couple of players might leave, I still think its a no bet.
That's why some companies are taking a chance and pricing up the match based on exactly what you said about it maybe being their last match and pride etc and some companies aren't in case he only has a youth team available. This is where the gamble comes in.Will the price go up or down....I'll wait and see....

News from the other crisis club is that Mark Stimson has left Kettering tonight. Apparently he did not resign so there is obviously a lot more to come on this one. For me he was the one keeping it together and they will be in trouble without him. No bookie had priced their game with Telford up though so impossible to make any money out of it.
Replaced by Mark Cooper I believe. Good to see the extra money we paid went to good use :lol.

Replaced by Mark Cooper I believe. Good to see the extra money we paid went to good use :lol.
Yes that is the new news. Its interesting because him and his Dad were reported as trying to take over the club and this news suggests that might well be happening. Cooper was the best manager Kettering had prior to Stimson so its not a disaster on that front. I dont think it would have happened though unless something is going on behind the scenes. Feel sorry for Stimson as he did an amazing job really and I hope he gets a decent job soon. Kettering have also got Marcus Kelly and Aman Verma back from Mansfield where they were on loan although they were both meant to become permenant signings this month.

Yes that is the new news. Its interesting because him and his Dad were reported as trying to take over the club and this news suggests that might well be happening. Cooper was the best manager Kettering had prior to Stimson so its not a disaster on that front. I dont think it would have happened though unless something is going on behind the scenes. Feel sorry for Stimson as he did an amazing job really and I hope he gets a decent job soon. Kettering have also got Marcus Kelly and Aman Verma back from Mansfield where they were on loan although they were both meant to become permenant signings this month.
Surely though if they have the money to sack a manager then rather than sack him that money should go to the players who've not been paid. It would surely make more sense to use this money to pay players to have some of them happier when a takeover happened and if Cooper and his old man took over sack Stimson then and cite new board want their own man (literally :lol) etc etc etc rather than keep everything all hush hush and just annoy their fans and seemingly their players more. Mind you it's football we're talking about and nothing amazes me in football anymore.

Surely though if they have the money to sack a manager then rather than sack him that money should go to the players who've not been paid. It would surely make more sense to use this money to pay players to have some of them happier when a takeover happened and if Cooper and his old man took over sack Stimson then and cite new board want their own man (literally :lol) etc etc etc rather than keep everything all hush hush and just annoy their fans and seemingly their players more. Mind you it's football we're talking about and nothing amazes me in football anymore.
Yes one of their players has already tweeted wondering how they can afford to sack him. Im pretty certain Stimson wasnt getting paid anyway so Im guessing he is still owed wages too.Only Ladak and Cooper know what is going on and Im sure we will find out more. Off course its ironic Cooper is involved given he is still chasing money from Darlo. Apparently the reason why those two players are back at Kettering is that Mansfield failed to pay them some money which they said they would.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 This is quite long but it is a post taken from the Darlo forum and I think it sums up nicely what I think the attitude of the team will be on Saturday. Maybe they wont be good enough to win the game but as I said before its going to be a very funny situation for Barrow as well and it could turn into a bit of a pre-season friendly type game. Let’s make Barrow on Saturday a celebration of the life of Darlington Football Club, not a wake or a funeral or an attack of those who have dropped us into this position. Go to Barrow and show people around the world how proud we are of our team and our lads. Let’s show people that we still care, that we are still proud of the club and our town. Let’s show people that Darlington Football Club stands as an ambassador for our town and our area and we will not just give it up and slope off home. We will fight on. Let’s show the players that that shirt still means something, that that shirt still needs to be worn with pride and that it is worth putting on that shirt and running out on that pitch and representing all of us one last time. One last go lads, everything you have got, one last time, 90 minutes of life as a Darlo player left. Shit or bust, hero or zero. Go out with a bang and not a whimper. Use this game to thank them and the legend that is Craig Liddle for everything they have done recently, against so much strife, unpleasantness and uncertainty and tell them that we are so proud that they are carrying on, lets get behind whoever takes a place on that pitch, regardless of opinion, past reputation or performance on the day. Because this might be the last time! Lets show people what it means to be a fan of Darlo, celebrate those 128 years of existence. Celebrate everything that has gone before, the good, the bad, and the ugly, show people that we although we have been here through thin and thinner, that we have suffered blow after blow we are still not beaten ,we are still not broken, we are still here and we still stand proudly behind Darlington Football Club. Show them that although we have been on knocked down and might be on the canvas right now we will get back on our feet and come out punching. It will be us who land the knock out blow. Use this day to shame all of those plastics and couldn’t give a damns in the town into thinking about what they could have been a part of, make them see what have been about, what we are about and what we will be about again. Lets celebrate the good times, the 85 promotion, Boro, the Conference win in 89/90, Welling away, 90/91 champions, Rochdale at home, Knowles, Little, Hodgy Platt, Hodgy (again), Wembley in 96 and 2000 and that sweet moment in May when a little fella headed home from half a yard to win us the cup. Make everyone who has knocked us or laughed at us over the years understand that today we embrace all of the crap players, the terrible teams, the rubbish managers and the crazy chairman who have afflicted us. Why? Because all of that makes the few good times even better. Because all of those things are what Darlington Football Club is about. Let’s show them what it means to call your self a Darlo fan one last time. Lets also think of all those people in the Tin Shed in the sky who aren’t able to stand with us on Saturday, think about what the club meant to them and how they passed on that love for the club to you, think about how one day you want to pass that love on to the next generation so that they know what being a Darlo fan is all about. I am sure they will be stood leaning on that crash barrier under the Sunday Sun board with their scarf’s and flasks of Bovril thinking "typical bloody Darlo" - but they would still make the journey if they could! In fact I am sure they will be there with us. Sing that bit louder for them. If anyone is unsure about going and is able to go they should make the trip, it could be your only chance to say goodbye to the team you love. It could be your last chance to wear the black and white and get behind the lads. Do whatever it takes to get to Barrow, wear your shirts with pride and wave your scarf’s one last time. Tell anyone you meet where you are going and why. Tell them you are proud to support the lads! And should this turn out to be the last time then lets celebrate all of that, lets support the lads and the manager, lets keep singing up to the final whistle and beyond because this club means something to each and every one of us, it has been part of our lives for so long, it is what makes us who were are, it is what makes us better than everyone else and it might not be there for much longer. Let’s make this day one of the greatest moments for this football club. If it is to be the end lets go out on a high, all guns blazing giving it everything we have got and not for one minute forgetting that we are Darlington Football Club and we will bounce back!

Event Cambridge Utd - Southport
Selection Cambridge Utd
Strength 10/10
Date 05/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 2.11
Reasoning To me, this will be a balanced game, with both teams trying to back to win after negative results. The last result of Southport (0:6 against Fleetwood) was a very surprising home defeat and my question is if it was just a bad day, or if it is the start of a fall from the fourth placed team. At Cambridge, Southport don't use to get good results, collecting two defeats and one draw there. Zero wins. Cambridge has the very good home record of 7-4-1, 20:8 in goals and they will explore their home advantage. I think the last result of Southport can have negative effects and visiting Cambridge it may be decisive.

Re: England > Midweek/Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 3, 5, 7 I'm not very knowledgeable about non-league football but...if this is going to be Darlington's last game, maybe overs is a good shout? Priced at 2.15 with William Hill. You'd think the players will want to put on a show for the fans and will keep trying to score goals whatever the score is. And for Barrow if the result will be expunged then they will be able to relax and play with freedom, which may lead to goals as well.