** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January

No he is a poor referee first of all Secondly: his decisions ar mainly on Man Utd side and this is well known fact in England He has an issue with Liverpool player which posted him in Man Utd Shirt after incorect penalty decision in FA Cup game Man Utd - Liverpool Just look or google which club he is most commonly associated with http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8490553/Howard-Webbs-track-record-when-refereeing-Manchester-United-and-Chelsea.html http://www.facebook.com/pages/Howard-Webb-is-Manchester-Uniteds-best-player/103936619639535
if this is "well known fact in england" i must ask how you know this as the based purely on your use of the english language you are not in England my friend :ok

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip: Newcastle v Man United Nani first scorer 8/1 Ladbrokes. Take this bet using the Ladbrokes double odds for first scorer bets up to £10 on this match. Nani has a decent goalscoring record this season and had plenty of (admittedly off target) shots on goal in last few games. The effective 16/1 is pure value. Good luck.
Don't rate this as a bet. Newcastle have 2 right backs playing and Gutierrez is solid defensively on the other side. Nani is going to have someone in his face all night and he doesn't like that.

How can you say a clean sheet for Utd might look a safe bet' date=' but to avoid surprises, I think 1.5 should be very safe here. We just witnessed a blackburn team with many injuries score 3 at old trafford, yes I would agree that the scoreline was a shock, but I really dont think Man Utd are as good a team as previous just now. Really couldn't take odds on away at the moment.[/quote'] Before the Blackburn game, ManUtd conceived goals in 2 out of the last 3 games at HOME. It was a surprise indeed that they conceived 3 but I think few people rely on such games for future bets. My reasoning was for the away games and also based on head to head comparisons between the two. Again, I'm pretty sure Newcastle doesn't have the firepower to score against Manchester. But if they actually manage to score, I think it will be the only once.

if this is "well known fact in england" i must ask how you know this as the based purely on your use of the english language you are not in England my friend :ok
LOL our Armenian friend seems to be correct despite making little sense. Mr Webb doing little to show us otherwise.

Interesting to see that Man Utd failed to socre more than 1 this season when playing away to a top half side Against Newcastle they will have a tough game I think, as Pardew said he most of all does not want to concede. Ferguson on the other hand surely kicked his players' asses after abysmal defending in Blackburn game. Therefore I think it could be a hard fought battle today, decided by one goal United recorded 3x 0-1 wins away this season, so this could be a case this time too However, I'll also put some small stake on Newcastle to score 2 or more, as maybe Fergie didn't kick hard enough and this makeshift defence will let in a couple in the other game, Everton goals 1.5 goals @3.75 2/10 pts :) Newcastle >2.5 goals @11 0.5/10 pts :) with bet365
a very nice evening :)

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Tottenham - West Brom under 2.5 @ 2.32 :D Wigan - Sunderland over 2.5 @ 2.14 :D Liverpool +0.5 @ 1.99 :@ Downing should have opened the scoring and then two uncharacteristically poor attempts by Reina gives City two goals before another dodgy penalty decision ends Liverpool's chances in this game. Everton - Bolton under 2.5 @ 1.97 :( Who would have thought a keeper would score and Bolton would score twice here :eek Newcastle - Man Utd over 2.5 @ 1.92 :D Who would have thought that Newcastle would score 3 times and Man Utd would not, while thanks to Phil Jones for some awful piece of defending Good start to the year :ok Season record: 87-105 (+11.42)

Interesting to see that Man Utd failed to socre more than 1 this season when playing away to a top half side Against Newcastle they will have a tough game I think, as Pardew said he most of all does not want to concede. Ferguson on the other hand surely kicked his players' asses after abysmal defending in Blackburn game. Therefore I think it could be a hard fought battle today, decided by one goal United recorded 3x 0-1 wins away this season, so this could be a case this time too However, I'll also put some small stake on Newcastle to score 2 or more, as maybe Fergie didn't kick hard enough and this makeshift defence will let in a couple in the other game, Everton goals 1.5 goals @3.75 2/10 pts Newcastle >2.5 goals @11 0.5/10 pts with bet365
:clap

Newcastle to win @ 5.6 Bolton to win @ 7,8 Good odds here for Newcastle and Bolton to win. Newcastles form has picked up form and man utd are terrible at home and even worse away.and can't even beat Blackburn who are bottom of the league. Bolton can take care of an average everton side that can't score any goals..
Nice double here :eek :clap

So to summarise: Everton - Bolton Draw 4.80 :cry Under 2.5 2.050 :cry Newcastle - Utd Draw 4.050 :cry Under 2.5 2.200 :cry
What a horrible night for me, lost all 4! Things were looking good at HT in the Everton game at 0 - 0, then 3 goals in the second half sent it over with a crazy goal by Tim Howard, Bolton somehow managed to score two, and to round it off Leighton baines hit the bar in stoppage time to deny me a win on the draw! United were extremely poor tonight, but never expected Newcastle to win here but knew Utd was too short to back. This time a stoppage time own goal sends it over 2.5 and there goes my unders bet at 2.200. Dang, should have just covered the underdog win as well as the draw! Hopefully things will even out in the long run. :hope

Newcastle to win @ 5.6 Bolton to win @ 7,8 Good odds here for Newcastle and Bolton to win. Newcastles form has picked up form and man utd are terrible at home and even worse away.and can't even beat Blackburn who are bottom of the league. Bolton can take care of an average everton side that can't score any goals..
I almost feel embarrassed.. I think it's jackpot!!!

I almost feel embarrassed.. I think it's jackpot!!!
Good call Undertaker! Just off the phone to my mate and he had Newcastle, Bolton & Barca -2, £5 has given him over £400. Lucky Twat! My own bet was beat as done both teams to score in Newcastle game but happy as a pig in the brown stuff tonight with that win! HTL :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana

Don't rate this as a bet. Newcastle have 2 right backs playing and Gutierrez is solid defensively on the other side. Nani is going to have someone in his face all night and he doesn't like that.
Yes after watching it you were right, he hardly had a chance to shoot..... Ah well! Thanks :)

i really hate posts like this (1) "newcastles form has picked up" - how??? they began the season by going 11 unbeaten but have now won once in their last 8, of which 5 have been defeats (2) "man utd are terrible at home and even worse away" - how??? their only 2 league defeats have been at home and they have the best away record in the league winning 7 and drawing 2 at fairly tough venues (anfield and stoke) newcastle havent beaten man utd in the league for over 10 years - its not going to happen tonight to a wounded man utd side as for everton vs bolton, bolton have conceded an average of 2 goals per away game, everton have an average of 1 goal scored per home game - i cant see past an everton win, especially if donovan and drenthe are both involved
SIT DOWN SON!! SIT DOWN SON!! hahahhaa. You sir, got blazed!

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Hi guys, I'm new to your site so a happy new year to all of you first! :) I watched the Newcastle vs. United game yesterday and I must say I didn't expect such woeful performance. Wanted to go for a safe over 1,5 goals but in the end went for over 10,5 corners, United win and Everton under 2,5. Missed all of them. So that makes me even more determined to get my "invested" money back from bookies in 2012 so to the happier rest of the year. :)

Well done mate......:cheers Suspect reasoning to say the least but who cares, right? Worked out perfectly for you!...:)...gut feeling can work at times too.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Originally Posted by The Undertaker viewpost.gif Newcastle to win @ 5.6 Bolton to win @ 7,8 Good odds here for Newcastle and Bolton to win. Newcastles form has picked up form and man utd are terrible at home and even worse away.and can't even beat Blackburn who are bottom of the league. Bolton can take care of an average everton side that can't score any goals.. Well done.....a nice barney rubble, do you normally take a banker with an outsider ;)

i really hate posts like this (1) "newcastles form has picked up" - how??? they began the season by going 11 unbeaten but have now won once in their last 8, of which 5 have been defeats (2) "man utd are terrible at home and even worse away" - how??? their only 2 league defeats have been at home and they have the best away record in the league winning 7 and drawing 2 at fairly tough venues (anfield and stoke) newcastle havent beaten man utd in the league for over 10 years - its not going to happen tonight to a wounded man utd side as for everton vs bolton, bolton have conceded an average of 2 goals per away game, everton have an average of 1 goal scored per home game - i cant see past an everton win, especially if donovan and drenthe are both involved
ha.

SIT DOWN SON!! SIT DOWN SON!! hahahhaa. You sir' date=' got blazed![/quote'] Guys, there's no need to take the mickey. I'm sure even The Undertaker himself would admit, although it was a great bet :clap, his reasoning was a little eccentric. ;) Either way, pulling people's posts up after the match in order to ridicule them isn't really how we do things on PL.

Guys, there's no need to take the mickey. I'm sure even The Undertaker himself would admit, although it was a great bet :clap, his reasoning was a little eccentric. ;) Either way, pulling people's posts up after the match in order to ridicule them isn't really how we do things on PL.
fair point but it was just the way that guy so dismissive and insulting of another poster's (in this case The Undertaker) views. You have to admit he deserved a bit of a slap :spank

fair point but it was just the way that guy so dismissive and insulting of another poster's (in this case The Undertaker) views. You have to admit he deserved a bit of a slap :spank
Yes, but you can only say that AFTER the event though ;) The point is that posters put up their opinions for discussion, and regardless of which way the result goes, should be respected and appreciated for contributing to a discussion pre-game :ok

I don't think i contributed in Premier League section before as there is a lot of guys here who know a lot more about this league than i am' date=' but this Man City - Liverpool game just seem to me a lot like Liverpool - Newcastle game last week. Most of the punters on Liverpool as they were on Newcastle last week and it ended as Liverpool win. I know almost all points out to Liverpool DNB option or even Liverpool +0.5 but i simply cannot ignore man city home record and Liverpool squad just don't strike me as strong at the moment. So Man City for me.[/quote'] Do you think this game might hit 4+ goals, the teams lately seem to be relax if they go a goal ahead.