** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January

Monday 2 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Aston Villa v Swansea City (15:00 GMT) 1.89 3.55 5.1 100.69 %
maximize.gif Blackburn Rovers v Stoke City (15:00 GMT) 2.62 3.45 3 100.49 %
maximize.gif Queens Park Rangers v Norwich City (15:00 GMT) 2.2 3.5 3.75 100.69 %
maximize.gif Wolverhampton Wanderers v Chelsea (15:00 GMT) 7.2 4.2 1.62 99.43 %
maximize.gif Fulham v Arsenal (17:30 GMT) 4.33 3.6 2.04 99.89 %
Tuesday 3 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion (19:45 GMT) 1.45 5 9.5 99.49 %
maximize.gif Wigan Athletic v Sunderland (19:45 GMT) 2.75 3.4 2.92 100.02 %
maximize.gif Manchester City v Liverpool (20:00 GMT) 1.93 3.75 5 98.48 %
Wednesday 4 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Everton v Bolton Wanderers (20:00 GMT) 1.57 4.2 7.5 100.78 %
maximize.gif Newcastle United v Manchester United (20:00 GMT) 5.6 3.8 1.77 100.67 %

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Early thoughts for Mondays games: Villa to beat swansea, swansea have been poor away from home and have not won a single game away from home. Villa should be confident after a good win over chelsea. Rovers to beat Stoke at home looks a very big price also, despit their inconsistancys and problems throughout the squad. QPR norwich is very difficult to call but 6/5 for home advantage may contain marginal value for me. Chelsea have been terribly inconsistant and have been making mistakes and is costing them points. Wolves themselves are still in abit of trouble hovering around the relegation zone. I fancy wolves to perhaps get a draw out of this game. Fulham played really well against Norwich and were unlucky to conceade so late on. Dembele looks excellent and Ruiz is a good buy. Arsenal should struggle here, though with their firepower, I wont be suprised to see them take all 3 points here. BTTS and overs is what im looking at.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Blackburn DnB @ 1.86 def looks worth a shot. Maybe against Liverpool they were lucky to get that draw but against MU they very well deserved those 3 points and I think their performance is going to be only better. Stoke on away games hasn't been impressive at all and to be honest don't see them taking here anything.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January I'd be wary of Villa - a perfect coupon buster for bookmakers tomorrow. I initially thought about backing them after their win at Chelsea the mood in the camp should be strong but from what I've seen of them at Villa Park they've been poor, not creating a great deal. I got stung backing them a few times early season at home to Newcastle and West Brom when they looked a fair price to do the business at home, as they do in this match. Swansea haven't won away, but they don't need to for the bet to fail, they'll also be in a good mood after their point against Spurs. They've drawn 3 of their last 5 away coming away with a point at Anfield & St James'. I wouldn't touch Villa here personally as one performance doesn't always mean everything is rosy again. I'd also steer clear of Blackburn at home to Stoke, I can understand wanting to back them after their performances at Anfield & Old Trafford but they'll face a different test in Stoke, aerial threat. The visitors themselves will be disappointed themselves not to pick up more than 2 points from their two home games with Villa & Wigan and will fancy their chances of creating goals here. The pressure is on Blackburn here, they're expected to win this where as the last two games away the players haven't had that, playing more freely.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January The other game I will mention is QPR v Norwich where I like goals. The hosts always seem to create a number of chances at home but also look like conceading, both sides will fancy their chances of three points and I think we could see plenty of chances being created and hopefully a decent standard of finishing.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January

I'd be wary of Villa - a perfect coupon buster for bookmakers tomorrow. I initially thought about backing them after their win at Chelsea the mood in the camp should be strong but from what I've seen of them at Villa Park they've been poor, not creating a great deal. I got stung backing them a few times early season at home to Newcastle and West Brom when they looked a fair price to do the business at home, as they do in this match. Swansea haven't won away, but they don't need to for the bet to fail, they'll also be in a good mood after their point against Spurs. They've drawn 3 of their last 5 away coming away with a point at Anfield & St James'. I wouldn't touch Villa here personally as one performance doesn't always mean everything is rosy again. I'd also steer clear of Blackburn at home to Stoke, I can understand wanting to back them after their performances at Anfield & Old Trafford but they'll face a different test in Stoke, aerial threat. The visitors themselves will be disappointed themselves not to pick up more than 2 points from their two home games with Villa & Wigan and will fancy their chances of creating goals here. The pressure is on Blackburn here, they're expected to win this where as the last two games away the players haven't had that, playing more freely.
The other game I will mention is QPR v Norwich where I like goals. The hosts always seem to create a number of chances at home but also look like conceading' date=' both sides will fancy their chances of three points and I think we could see plenty of chances being created and hopefully a decent standard of finishing.[/quote'] I agree with you about potential goals in the qpr Norwich game. With regards to Villa, i do think they have turned the corner and we should see an upturn in form from them now in the coming weeks. They had previously been looking goals far too easily but mcleish is naturally a defensive manager and he appears to have sorted out their problems in this area now. With bent now fit again they should improve in front of goal. i did consider taking them tomorrow as i do think they will beat Swansea in a low scoring game. However the 5/6 available isn't big enough to get me involved and as you point out, i'm wary of swansea grinding out a 0-0/1-1 draw. As for blackburn against my team Stoke, it's a tough one. A couple of good results doesn't change my perception on Blackburn and they are far too frail defensively. That said, this is a pretty good time to catch Stoke. we have been poor in the last few games and a number of key players are looking absolutely knackered. Crouch has just recovered from a virus and i think 2 games in 3 games could be too much for him. etherington is well out of form and Whelan is still injured. So it's a good time for blackburn to catch Stoke, but I just can't trust them to do the job, especially at the price available which is too skinny for me. It looks a tough round to call and the only pick i haven't yet ruled out is qpr -0.25 on the asian. The overs in that game also looks a good call.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January "The pressure is on Blackburn here, they're expected to win this where as the last two games away the players haven't had that, playing more freely." I myself were looking at Blackburn, but that's an interesting point, and would like to add, that it probably doesn't help that half the ground is so fiercely against the manager. Not much home advantage there. Still undecided though. A bet I do like is Wigan at home against Sunderland. Wigan building momentum as of late, and have more time to prepare. Sunderland are playing 48 hours after a very hard match against City, many of them obviously tired, Cattermole cramped, two midfielders as full backs. O'neill is a good manager, but the odds are stacked against imo, think Wigan will have a go. Wigan - AH 0 - 1,92 - Bet365

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Agree about Villa and Blackburn messing up the coupon. A lot of people will be on them after their wins at the weekend, but I don't trust either tomorrow. No win in three for Stoke, and you'd imagine they'd be desperate to nip that run in the bud too. Strange how many like overs at Loftus Road. I look at QPR as an unders side, and have looked at my team Norwich as one too ever since I got stung big by them in this fixture last season :lol Maybe if we all make the overs at QPR the PL bet we can avoid getting stung in the other games :loon

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Man.City - Liverpool Man.City have been playing really poor recently. They have dropped points away against West Brom. and lost to Sunderland. Now they have much harder task when they play Liverpool at home and they only have 1 day to prepare for this fixture. Liverpool played really well against Newcastle and return of Steven Gerrard will be a key factor for the Reds. I think Man.City are overrated here and value is with Liverpool, due to the following reasons:

• they had 3 days to prepare to this fixture; and
  • they have lost to Man.City only once in the last 10 games.

Liverpool +1 @ 1.95 (3 units) William Hill

Tip Detail
SportFootball (England - Prem)
EventAston Villa v Swansea
SelectionAston Villa
Strength2/10
Date02/01/2012
Bookmaker/PricePaddy Power @ 1.85
ReasoningVilla had a fantastic result last time out and should be able to beat a swansea side who have failed to win away from home this season in the league. I dont see Swansea troubling the scorers so should be a comfortable home win.
Close Window

Tip Detail
EventBlackburn v Stoke
SelectionStoke +0.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength2/10
Date02/01/2012
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 1.52
ReasoningBlackburn worked hard and won an important game against Man UTD last time out, Stoke in a bad run of form at the moment not winning in 3. I do feel however that the perfomance against UTD will take some getting over and with Stoke's physical game they may struggle. At least a draw for stoke for me.

Tip Detail
EventQPR v Norwich
SelectionOver 2.5 goals
Strength1/10
Date02/01/2012
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 1.97
ReasoningBoth teams like letting in goals and on their day both teams can also score goals. QPR will see this as a chance to get 3 points to move away from the bottom 3 and Norwich will also fancy their chance. I predict quite an open game with lots of goals for a game that could go either way.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January hi everyone. I'd like to bring my salt to your meal regarding two games i have studied so far. the first will be aston villa vs Swansea in which i fancy the away side to take all the points. i watched Aston villa play a couple of time this season and from my perspective the point the manage to grasp was when they had to seat back and counter attack (like against Chelsea). everytime aston villa have to create chances through timed attacked (playing at home against sub par teams) they've been shocking living wide aisle to opponents to counter attack. tomorrow swansea will move to villa park as the perfect outsider everyone who watched them so far this season can confirm that swansea offers more football than half of the others premiership teams. i expect to have more chances tomorrow than Aston villa. the second game i look forward to is QPR vs NORWICH i have monitored both teams twice this year against arsenal and chelsea and the least i can say is that both teams have a solid midfield able to come up with good passing and ball retention. i expect both teams in this game to interchangeably enjoy good spell of possession and goal scoring opportunities.. even though both teams have weak defense they have players good in air duel as they hardly concede in free kick and corners. with both team lacking skilled strikers i can see this game finishing draw and under 2.5

Tip Detail
EventWolves v Chelsea
SelectionHT under 1.5 goals
Strength1/10
Date02/01/2012
Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 2.10
ReasoningWolves will come into this game thinking they could get something from it. I can see them defending solidly for the first half and then trying to hit Chelsea on the break in the second half. I am allowing myself a 1 goal cushion just in case Chelsea come out all guns blazing after a dissapointing game last time out.

Man.City - Liverpool Man.City have been playing really poor recently. They have dropped points away against West Brom. and lost to Sunderland. Now they have much harder task when they play Liverpool at home and they only have 1 day to prepare for this fixture. Liverpool played really well against Newcastle and return of Steven Gerrard will be a key factor for the Reds. I think Man.City are overrated here and value is with Liverpool, due to the following reasons:
  • they had 3 days to prepare to this fixture; and
  • they have lost to Man.City only once in the last 10 games.

Liverpool +1 @ 1.95 (3 units) William Hill

Is this essentially the same as going for the double chance on liverpool and a draw? essentially u rkn man city cannot win at home? man city lost to sunderland away from home (though they played like the home team for most of the game), cant remember the WBA game but it seems that that was also an away game. do u rkn that maybe at home they will be stronger?

Is this essentially the same as going for the double chance on liverpool and a draw? essentially u rkn man city cannot win at home? man city lost to sunderland away from home (though they played like the home team for most of the game)' date=' cant remember the WBA game but it seems that that was also an away game. do u rkn that maybe at home they will be stronger?[/quote'] Yes +1 is the same as double chance (Liverpool or Draw) but as I said my main reason is that Citizens will have only today to prepare for this fixture, while Liverpool had 3. If Man.City were playing well the price would have been justified but @ 5.00 I think the value is with Liverpool.

Yes +1 is the same as double chance (Liverpool or Draw) but as I said my main reason is that Citizens will have only today to prepare for this fixture, while Liverpool had 3. If Man.City were playing well the price would have been justified but @ 5.00 I think the value is with Liverpool.
City-Lpool +1lpool means that you get profit when mach is X2 and but if win CIty win by 1 goal the bet ic cancelled Exactly the same as X2 is +0.5lpool than you win X2 adn if City wins u lose :gimme

City-Lpool +1lpool means that you get profit when mach is X2 and but if win CIty win by 1 goal the bet ic cancelled Exactly the same as X2 is +0.5lpool than you win X2 adn if City wins u lose :gimme
If City wins by 1 goal I lose because it is not Asian Handicap but a regular one.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January I like QPR today for some reason. Watched them play at Swansea and they played pretty well creating lot of occasions. I didn't see the game at Arsenal where they only lost by 1:0 but statistics say they had same number of shots on goal as Arsenal had. I didn't watch Norwich play so some info would be appreciated from someone who followed.

If City wins by 1 goal I lose because it is not Asian Handicap but a regular one.
I was talking about Asian.Regular is like you said.Anyway what do you think about QPR-Norwich under 2.5.Lately they managed to score and concede a few goals. Arsenal-QPR 1:0 Swansea-QPR 1:1 QPR-United 0:2 Lpool-QPR 1:0 QPR_WBA 1:1 only one over 2.5 in 6 games.. Norwich 1 over in 4 games between them last 3 games are under 2.5 i think we will see anoher Draw like Swansea-QPR 1;1,0:0 or maybe 1:0 bet365 is offering 1.9 and i will go for it Newcastle-Man utd Pick:goal/goal We all saw how bad play United defence against Blackburn at home.I think their problems in defence will continue in this match and Newactle will take advantage of them scoring at least 1 goal.Of course rested in the last match Giggs,Rooney and Valencia who took part inthe second half against Blacburn will start the match and United will score too.1.85 with Bet365 is a good stake and i will take it.good Luck

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Fulham - Arsenal
Selection Fulham
Strength 10/10
Date 02/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 4.32
Reasoning Bookies are again wrong and overestimating Arsenal. Even though Arsenal did some good matches away from home this season, they are in a poor form now. FUlham got a point on Emirates in a 1-1 draw and they can get more than that now, especially after failing to win to Norwich and considering they will have a tough encounter against motivated Blackburn away, next round. I think they will go straight for the win in this one and with Arsenal's defensive record away from home I can see them succeed.

Event Wolves - Chelsea
Selection Wolves 0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 4.25
Reasoning I can totally see Wolves getting at least a point here. Wolves scored in all of their last 5 games, away to Man Utd, even though they lost 4-1, at home against Norwich in a 2-2 draw and away to Arsenal in a 1-1 draw, being the most important ones. CHelsea are obviously in a poor form. I have seen them play, they seem to lack ideas. They have just lost 3-1 at home against Aston Villa and they concede enough in the away matches. Wolves will be playing to get at least a point here cause they have a tough match against Tottenham next round. CHelsea only won once in the last 5 matches and they drew away to Wigan, lost to QPR(red cards of course) and even though they won 3-0 to Newcastle that was not the reality in the field. Chelsea plays poor this season and I think Villas Boas will leave the club soon.

Event Wigan - Sunderland
Selection DRAW
Strength 10/10
Date 03/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.35
Reasoning Sunderland are playing well after changin the coach. Martin O'Neil is a good coach that made that great Aston Villa team a few years ago. The progress is already seen, they won 3-2 to QPR, 1-0 at home against Man City(lucky and maybe unfair) and got a draw against Everton. Aston Villa were very good with Martin when playing away from home, I remember that. Wigan on the other hand are not that poor either and they are quite disperate, that's why I think they're not gonna lose this one(that and of course the lack of any big motivation for SUnderland). They got 2 points from the matches against LIverpool and Arsenal at home and also produced a bit of a surprise by not losing at Stoke(and if they weren't as dumb as to receive a red maybe they could have get more). They have some tough encounters in the next rounds, against Man City at home, QPR away and Tottenham, so they must get points from this one. ANyway considering SUnerland's form and morale I don't think they're gonna lose(SUnderland), because they have a match to Chelsea next round and I don't think they can hope to get more than a point from that(probably exactly how it's gonna be ... a draw) even though CHelsea are in poor form. So, draw.

Event Aston Villa - Swansea
Selection Swansea 0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.57
Reasoning I know this isn't the most popular idea, but I will be taking Swansea to win here or get at least a draw. THey got a draw away to Newcastle and to Liverpool, both pretty strong home sides and Aston Villa are playing worse at home and have a lot of defeats lately. Swansea will have some very tough matches in the next few rounds, against Arsenal at home, SUnderland away and Chelsea at home. From these matches they can't hope to get too many points and although they are far enough from the relegation line(5 points) they should take into consideration winning as many points as they can from simpler matches like these. I'm not saying Aston Villa are a poor team, they just seem to be more prone to losing at home and they are in a good enough position in the table to afford losing some points.