Announcements
** November Poker League Result : 1st ian309, 2nd muttley, 3rd Burnley Joe **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **
** November Nap's Competition Result: 1st andellio, 2nd Saddlesore, 3rd bymatrix, 4th MrJol KO Cup: DonnyFlyer, Most Winners: Astleavista**

England > Npower Football League One > 2 January

Monday 2 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Rochdale v Preston North End (13:00 GMT) 2.79 3.5 2.62 102.51 %
maximize.gif AFC Bournemouth v Wycombe Wanderers (15:00 GMT) 1.9 3.6 4.5 102.38 %
maximize.gif Bury v Walsall (15:00 GMT) 1.99 3.6 4.2 101.84 %
maximize.gif Carlisle United v Sheffield United (15:00 GMT) 2.92 3.45 2.62 101.33 %
maximize.gif Charlton Athletic v Brentford (15:00 GMT) 1.73 4 5.5 100.99 %
maximize.gif Chesterfield v Oldham Athletic (15:00 GMT) 2.62 3.4 2.88 102.23 %
maximize.gif Exeter City v Yeovil Town (15:00 GMT) 2.2 3.4 3.6 102.64 %
maximize.gif Hartlepool United v Scunthorpe United (15:00 GMT) 2.3 3.5 3.5 100.62 %
maximize.gif Milton Keynes Dons v Colchester United (15:00 GMT) 1.64 4.2 6.18 100.97 %
maximize.gif Notts County v Huddersfield Town (15:00 GMT) 3.1 3.4 2.5 101.67 %
maximize.gif Sheffield Wednesday v Tranmere Rovers (15:00 GMT) 1.63 4.2 6.5 100.54 %
maximize.gif Stevenage v Leyton Orient (15:00 GMT) 1.81 3.8 5.2 100.80 %

Re: England > Npower Football League One > 2 January Judging by the traffic on L1 and L2 threads for tomorrow I am not the only one who struggles to find value... Anyway after a careful analysis I am taking one bet for tomorrow: Sheffield Wednesday - Tranmere Rovers - 1 - 1.61 with Blue Sq. Sheffield Wednesday have the best home record in League One. 8 wins and 2 draws. They drew at home with Brentford, who are a very good away side, and with very strong Huddersfield in the 4-4 thriller. They are yet to lose at Hillsborough. Their form has also been very good recently, in last six games they won 4, drew one and lost one to Walsall which was more like a moment of madness as they were leading until 89 minutes. Tranmere on the other hand have slipped in the table after a good start and in last six games they won just one - their last game at home to Bury. Their away form isn't impressive - they beat Leyton at the beginning of the season when everyone else was beating Leyton, they beat Brentford who are good away but dreadful at home and they beat Hartlepool who have the worst home record of the division. Wedesnday have a full squad tomorrow and I am happy to take them at those odds as my own odds suggest they should be priced at around 1.4 EDIT: Just as I was typing, Adam7982 wrote similar thing.

Re: England > Npower Football League One > 2 January

Judging by the traffic on L1 and L2 threads for tomorrow I am not the only one who struggles to find value... Anyway after a careful analysis I am taking one bet for tomorrow: Sheffield Wednesday - Tranmere Rovers - 1 - 1.61 with Blue Sq. Sheffield Wednesday have the best home record in League One. 8 wins and 2 draws. They drew at home with Brentford, who are a very good away side, and with very strong Huddersfield in the 4-4 thriller. They are yet to lose at Hillsborough. Their form has also been very good recently, in last six games they won 4, drew one and lost one to Walsall which was more like a moment of madness as they were leading until 89 minutes. Tranmere on the other hand have slipped in the table after a good start and in last six games they won just one - their last game at home to Bury. Their away form isn't impressive - they beat Leyton at the beginning of the season when everyone else was beating Leyton, they beat Brentford who are good away but dreadful at home and they beat Hartlepool who have the worst home record of the division. Wedesnday have a full squad tomorrow and I am happy to take them at those odds as my own odds suggest they should be priced at around 1.4 EDIT: Just as I was typing, Adam7982 wrote similar thing.
Much more in-depth write up well done mate good post.

Re: England > Npower Football League One > 2 January I hope Wednesday can deliver tomorrow, i've watched them alot since i was little and since i've been betting i cant bring myself to place a big bet on them as its stressful enough without the prospect of losing money, but i will be considering a single bet of a few quid on them (already got them in an accumulator);).

Re: England > Npower Football League One > 2 January I´m thinking of backing a few away teams. League 1 is the worst league for home teams so far. Leyton Orient +0.75 1.84 Pinnacle 4/10 Home team Stevenage is in a good shape (won three in a row). But I doubt that the high price on Orient, who are hard to beat, is justified. Leyton have lost only once from last 6 away vs. home team No1 Sheff Wednesday (result was 0-1). Stevenage have drawn too many games at home (recently 0-0 vs. Walsall and Yeovil), overall their home record is 5-4-2...besides that Leyton beat Charlton, so they should be in a good mood to get something from this match. Away win for 4.88 is tempting as well, as the match should be a little closer than odds suggest. Oldham AH0 2.0 Pinnacle 5/10 Home team Chesterfield is in a bad situation and looks like being doomed. Oldham are no world beaters but they played 4 draws in a row away (Charlton, Bournemouth, Carlisle, Preston). Now it´s about time to win. Their win vs. Notts should give them a little confidence. Chesterfield have only 2 draws in last 6 at home (vs. Yeovil and Walsall). Can be a draw here, but if a team is likely to win, it should be Oldham.

Re: England > Npower Football League One > 2 January Notts County vs Huddersfield Town County have lost their last 4 games in a row, listening to Martin Allen's interview after the Oldham match, he said he will have to play some youth players in today's match, I'm not sure if this is due to injuries or a last resort to try and break their losing streak!! For Town, Jordan Rhodes (6 goals in the last 3 games !) should start after having a scan on his leg. I think Town will have too much class against a Notts County team low on confidence. Huddersfield Town to win @ 2.5 Betfair 7/10 Charlton vs Brentford Brentford come into this match on the back of a great comeback against the MK Dons on New years eve. Trailing 0-3 at halftime the Bees came into the second hald all guns blazing and such was the shift in momentum that they scored three goals and could have easily been 4 if there was an extra couple of mins in injury time (FT 3-3). Brentford treated this result as if it was a victory and the players in their post match interviews were chomping at the bit to get the Charlton match started. Brentford have already played Charlton at the Valley this season and won easily 3-0 albeit in the JPT, last season in this fixture Brentford won 1-0.. Brentford are unbeaten in their last 5 games. Charlton are coming into this fixture on the back of a "controversial" loss away at Leyton Orient, an injury time winner away at Yeovil and a home draw with Oldham. Chris Powell has made his 22nd signing for this season - Leon Clarke (from Swindon) who has previously been on loan at Chesterfield and has already scored against Brentford this season... I'm not sure if he will start today. After seeing Charlton draw with Oldham at home, it gives me the belief that Brentford too might be able to get at least a point. Brentford to win @ 5.1 Betfair 3/10 Draw @ 3.95 Betfair 6/10

This is my third attempt to write this....damn you technology!!So Feic it....I think Wednesday are overpriced at 8/13 and the 10/11 DNB for Sheffield united holds value...I was going to do a longer preview but I'm afraid the Internet may go again!!!
Wednesday won and United lost,after hitting the woodwork a couple of times....so it evened itself out...

Judging by the traffic on L1 and L2 threads for tomorrow I am not the only one who struggles to find value... Anyway after a careful analysis I am taking one bet for tomorrow: Sheffield Wednesday - Tranmere Rovers - 1 - 1.61 with Blue Sq.
2:1 - Bet won :beer Two quick goals for Wednesday and they they kind of hung on but Tranmere pulled one back in the last 10 mins. I wonder whether there was any realistic threat of an equaliser? I am looking forward to reading reports!