** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - WTA Auckland

Sport Tennis
Event Monica Puig - Bibiane Schoofs
Selection Bibiane Schoofs
Strength 2/10
Date 30/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.70
Reasoning WTA Auckland (NZL) - qualification - hard. It will be second meeting between these players and perfect opportunity for revenge. Monica Puig leads 1-0 in head-to-head series. They played at Chiasso ITF and Puig won in three sets but after big problems 6-4 0-6 7-6. As you see Bibiane won second set very easy 6-0. It was unfortunate loss. In my opinion she can beat Monica today. Monica Puig is 18 years old, plays right-handed. She is playing great this year, she has won 3 ITF tournaments. Bibiane is playing good tennis this year, too. What is important she played in the quarterfinal at Luxembourg WTA. It was great result! Her favourite surface is claycourt but on hard she looks properly. I see a chance for Bibiane Schoofs here. Odd is really nice.
Sport Tennis
Event Iryna Bremond - Kristyna Pliskova
Selection Kristyna Pliskova
Strength 2/10
Date 30/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.50
Reasoning WTA Auckland (NZL) - qualification - hard. It will be very interesting match. Iryna Bremond is a favorite but in my opinion it will be close match and everything is possible. Kristyna Pliskova is a young, talented player. You should know that she leads 1-0 in head-to-head series! She defeated Iryna Bremond at Nottingham 2 ITF. She will be difficult opponent for Iryna Bremond because she is left-handed. Her service is really good - that is her advantage. Iryna Bremond is playing good tennis this year but is it enough? I think Kristyna Pliskova can make suprise in this match.
Sport Tennis
Event Mathilde Johansson - Regina Kulikova
Selection Regina Kulikova
Strength 3/10
Date 30/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.55
Reasoning WTA Auckland (NZL) - qualification. Regina Kulikova is a favorite and she should beat Mathilde Johansson. If you think that Regina Kulikova is weak player, you are wrong. She is quite young and can play great. Do you remember who defeated Daniela Hantuchova in the first round at Australian Open this year? Regina Kulikova! She won after big fight 7-6, 3-6, 9-7. What is more, she leads 1-0 in head-to-head series. They played a month ago at Dubai ITF and Regina Kulikova won in two sets. Regina won against Svetlana Kuznetsova at WTA Dubai last year. She can play really good! In my opinion her service is better than Johansson's serve. I give her more chances in rallies, too.

Re: Tennis - WTA Auckland

Sport Tennis
Event Kristina Barrois - Kurumi Nara
Selection Kurumi Nara
Strength 2/10
Date 30/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.25
Reasoning WTA Auckland (NZL) - qualification. I watched Kristina Barrois's matches many times and I have to say that she is a dangarous player - especially on fast surfaces so it will be difficult match for Kurumi Nara. Barrois possesses strong service. What is more she likes plays style service&volley. Her serve is really hard to break so probably Nara will have not many break points. I think Kurumi Nara can win because Barrois is without big shape. She has lost 3 matches in a row. What is more, she doesn't like play here - in 2010 lost in qualification, lost in the quarterfinal in 2009 and in the qualification in 2008. Kurumi Nara plays very good in rallies. She won tournament Grapevine 2 ITF in the last month. I see a chance for her in this meeting.
Sport Tennis
Event Sofia Arvidsson - Eva Birnerova
Selection Sofia Arvidsson
Strength 3/10
Date 30/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.50
Reasoning WTA Auckland (NZL) - qualification. Sofia Arvidsson is a favorite in this match but what is interesting Eva Birnerova leads 3-2 in head-to-head series. For me these statistics don't matter. The last match they played 5 years ago! Eva Birnerova is not dangerous player, she plays weakly, making many unforced errors, mistakes. This year is fantastic for Sofia. She played in the final Limoges ITF or in the semifinal at WTA Bastad. She defeated Jelena Jankovic at WTA Brussels. It was really good result. Sofia Arvidsson can play on high level. Her service is not powerfull but she plays great in rallies. In my opinion Eva Birnerova will have many problems in this match.
Sport Tennis
Event Erika Sema - Alison Riske
Selection Alison Riske
Strength 3/10
Date 30/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.50
Reasoning WTA Auckland (NZL) - qualification - hard. Everyone knows Alison Riske. She is a big talent. Riske is playing good tennis this year. She won the last tournament in Nantes (ITF), defeated many good rivals like Cornet, Parra-Santonja. She won at Joue-Les-Tours ITF - won against opponents like Amanmuradova, Krajicek, Malek.To be honest I have to say that I didn't watch Erika Sema in the last month but I watched her many times in the past. Her service is not strong so I think Alison will have many chances, many break points. On the other hand Erika Sema plays very good in rallies so it won't be easy match for Riske. Alison is favorite and I think she will win but stake can't be high.

Re: Tennis - WTA Auckland

Sport Tennis
Event Pauline Parmentier - Sharon Fichman
Selection Pauline Parmentier
Strength 2/10
Date 31/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.61
Reasoning WTA Auckland (NZL) - qualification. Pauline Parmentier is a favorite here but I'm sure that it will be tough match for her. Sharon Fichman leads 1-0 in head-to-head series. They played two years ago at Saint-Malo ITF and Sharon Fichman won in three sets. She destroyed Pauline Parmentier 6-0 in third set! Pauline Parmentier definitely wants to return the favor. Motivation must be high. Sharon Fichman didn't play on November and December. She might have problems in this match. Pauline Parmentier likes play on this surface. She should beat Sharon.
Sport Tennis
Event Noppawan Lertcheewakarn - Aravane Rezai
Selection Aravane Rezai
Strength 2/10
Date 31/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.61
Reasoning WTA Auckland (NZL) - qualification. It will be first meeting between Aravane Rezai and Noppawan Lertcheewakarn. Aravane Rezai is a favorite. She likes play here - great results reached - final in 2008, semifinal in 2009! Everyone knows that if Rezai is in good shape, it's hard to beat her. For example she played great tournament in Dallas - played in the final. It will be very interesting match because Noppawan Lertcheewakarn is in good shape, her favourite surface is hardcourt. Noppawan Lertcheewakarn won Dubai ITF (won all matches in two sets!). It is worth recalling that Noppawan Lertcheewakarn won one set against Samantha Stosur and WTA Osaka! Stosur won US Open this year, defeated Serena Williams in the final. Rezai is chimerical player so stake should be low!
Sport Tennis
Event Sania Mirza - Coco Vandeweghe
Selection Sania Mirza
Strength 2/10
Date 31/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.75
Reasoning WTA Auckland (NZL) - qualification. It will be first meeting between these players. Sania Mirza is a favorite but I'm sure that it will be close match and everything is possible. Both players like play on hardcourt. This year is not great for Sania but she played a couple of good tournaments. Sania Mirza played in the quarterfinal in Charleston many difficult opponents like Vania King, Cornet or Sabine Lisicki ! Coco Vandeweghe is a young talented player and she will be diffucult rival for Sonia. She feels very good on hardcourt. She possesses powerfull service so I don't see many break points for Mirza. Sania has to play great in rallies and takes her chances.