Announcements
*** York Ebor Competition: Well done to 1st daveg, 2nd glavintobuy & 3rd Donnyflyer ***
** August Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd ian309, 3rd Manc **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st Zidane123, 2nd Adamross, 3rd Wanderlust, 4th Rainbow. KO Cup Winner: Peter York, Most Winners: Alastair **

Unibet Open 2012 - Next Event - London - Sept 2012

Warbirds

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A short message to say day 2 starting soon. I have a tough table draw, Almira Skripchenko and other pros, and Swedish footballer Tomas Brolin. I believe it is the feature table, but the stream I guess is not starting for another two hours. With 44600 chips I will have to make a move earlier. GL Andy Fred Sent from my GT-I9100 using PL Forum

Re: Unibet Open 2012 - Paris, 2nd-7th May - ** LIVE STREAM ** :( unlucky guys, was just catching up on this and looking forward to my first chance to tune in and rail today. Well done on getting to day 2 and I'm sure you'll make the most of the other stuff going on in Paris :ok

Re: Unibet Open 2012 - Paris, 2nd-7th May - ** LIVE STREAM ** Unlucky guys ...... was planning to see Fred in action after the footy had finished but I guess c'est la vie ! Now go get Brolin's autograph ;)

Re: Unibet Open 2012 - Paris, 2nd-7th May - ** LIVE STREAM ** Eh- Brolin went out before me :) A few more details about two key hands for me courtesy of the Unibet Open Blog (note the quality puns and the fact that every time I was mentionned, winning or losing, there was never any photo of myself :) ): [h=2]NOT WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED FOR SKRIPCHENKO[/h]By Unibet_Danafish, 12:43, May 5th, 2012 _DSC8887.jpgFrederic Janik raised to 4,000 under the gun, and to his immediate left Petra van Vugt flat-called. To her immediate left, though, Almira Skripchenko moved all in for 28,000. Back to Janik, who reshoved for 55,000, forcing a fold from van Vugt. On their backs, and moments later we had lost our Franco-Russian chess master. Skripchenko: Tc.gifTs.gif Janik: Ah.gifQc.gif Board: 6s.gifQs.gifKh.gifKc.gif5s.gif Janik is at around 90,000 after that. [h=2]JANIK PETRA-FIED[/h]By Unibet_Danafish, 13:16, May 5th, 2012 _DSC9301.jpgI didn’t see the action, but I strongly suspect that the chips went in on the turn. Frederic Janik: Qd.gifKh.gif Petra van Vugt: Td.gifTh.gif Board: Qh.gif2c.gifKd.gifTs.gif9d.gif making Janik top two pair but van Vugt trip tens. “Sorry,” said van Vugt as Janik took his leave, but she probably didn’t really mean it. She is now in possession of what we in the poker blogging world term an über-stack – she’s at around 240,000 and vying for the chip lead. Not bad for a lady who was down to just two or three thousand in Level 3… ------- thinking over the last hand, I believe I would probably play it again the same way. Petra VV was big stacked and playing for most of the pots. I might have been more aggressive on the flop but then again I thought I could extract a lot of value. Oh well, happy with my play in general. Next stop, Vegas!

Re: Unibet Open 2012 - Paris, 2nd-7th May - ** LIVE STREAM ** 11 players remain Live Stream starts at 11am UK, 12 CET Hope to see as many of you as possible in the chat box, please use "PuntersLounge" before your name, that way, I can say PL a lot lot more! EG PuntersLounge Bart, Morlspin etc

Re: Unibet Open 2012 - Paris, 2nd-7th May - ** LIVE STREAM ** [h=2]JAROSLAW BARGLIK WINS THE 2012 UNIBET OPEN PARIS (€140,539)![/h] _DSC0915.jpg?imgmax=400 I don’t think we’ve ever seen a happier Unibet Open winner than Mr. Jaroslaw Barglik. Barglik became a big stack on Day 2, largely by abusing the epic bubble period – during the two hours it took for the bubble to burst, Barglik’s stack increased from roughly 300k to 900k through the medium of extreme aggression. He would stay a big stack for the rest of the tournament. Barglik started Day 3 as chip leader, and he was still in the lead when they reached the final table. He had a 2:1 chip lead over Kent Lundmark when they went heads up, and although Lundmark took the lead for a while, Barglik soon doubled back through and was back in the lead. Lundmark was a tough opponent, though, and even when Barglik got him all in with K-5 against aces, it looked for a moment as though Lundmark might double back through. But it was not to be for the Swede, and while the EPT Barcelona champion had to make do with second place, Barglik got to lift the coveted trophy and take home the €140,539 first prize. This represents Barglik’s biggest live tournament score by a very, very long way – his previous tournament best was little more than €2,000. But the pure joy in evidence as he hoisted the trophy – his face completely expressionless throughout the tournament up until that point – was not something that just mere money could elicit. Barglik announced that the very first thing he intended to do was to take a long bath – but I suspect the swarm of Polish friends and supporters who mobbed him as the final card was dealt may have other ideas for him this evening. As they wander off into the midnight Paris streets, all that is left is for us to extend massive thanks to the Cercle Cadet poker club and everyone else involved in running this hugely successful tournament. The next Unibet Open Online takes place on July 29th, and after a break for the summer the next Unibet Open live event will take place in London from September 13-16. Satellites are running online now at Unibet, as well as for the 5th Anniversary special edition on the sunny Caribbean island of St Maarten in December. So, mes amis, this isn’t really goodbye – more au revoir.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Unibet Open 2012 - Paris, 2nd-7th May - ** LIVE STREAM **

Just shipped a package to Unibet Open London :nana :nana :nana
Whooo hooooooo The dream team is back in action! I've been signed up as the UK Lead Commentator again! Thats another 2 hours commentary from you on Day 1a or an exclusive interview when you Win!! WTG Fred!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...