** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan

WIN - 8pts Newcastle Team Goals: Over 0.5 @ 8/11 [Ladbrokes]
+5.82 from that. I usually hate betting again on the weekend when I've already got a nice profit secured but I'm going to take one more. - 4pts Manchester United Team Goals: Over 2.5 (vs. Blackburn) x Wolves: Over 0.5 (vs. Bolton) @ 2.27 [stanJames] United should merk Blackburn tomorrow. The last two teams that have come their way got spanked for five and I see a similar occurence tomorrow. Blackburn just happen to be the worst team in the country and have a horrible away record. Despite the mounting injuries in Manchester, United should have enough to see off a woeful Blackburn. I was tempted to touch United -1AH at Half Time incidentally. I sense Fergie telling his players to go out there and try and kill the game off early so he can rotate and rest players ahead of this very busy period. The other two 'five-nillers' saw United 2 and 3 nil up at half time. If that happens, I can only sense more goals in the 2nd half and consequently seeing the three goals we need here. This is well within United's reach, especially with Blackburn missing Scott Dann who is one of their most important players. Similarly I see Wolves scoring at Bolton. I opposed Bolton last week against Newcastle to some success. Bolton have conceded in every single one of their home games this season barring one match. Every one. Wolves are also decent at scoring away from home aswell. They have scored at least one goal this season away from home at the The Stadium of Light, the Emirates, Old Trafford, The Etihad, Goodison Park and Anfield! Some of those places are absolute fortresses so for Wolves to score at each of those is an achievement. Bolton are shit though, they defence is poor and they have bigger holes at the back than Danielle Lloyd. Definitely see an away goal for Wolves. Double pays just a shade over 5/4. That's me.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Arsenal - QPR Taking into account Arsenal recent form I would say that the price on the Gunners is too short. Arsenal have failed to beat teams like Fulham and Wolves at home. The only decent odds on Arsenal in this game would be a handicap, but bearing in mind how inconsistent both teams are I am not willing to back Arsenal on a handicap in this game. So the best thing would be to focus on goals. I have noticed during this and last season most of the games at the Emirates produced more goals in the second half and draw was also common result at half time. This season so far Arsenal have scored 13 goals in the first half and 21 in the second. Highest Scoring Half: 2nd @ 2.05 (2 units) William Hill

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Hey Mustafa what you think in Bolton vs. Wolves game that Wolves to pick more cards than Bolton ? They both need points so might be a reckless game with lots of faults and checking from last 4 games for both teams, Bolton picked 5 yellow cards while Wolves picked 8 Yellows and 1 Red. Opinion ? Cheers.

Hey Mustafa what you think in Bolton vs. Wolves game that Wolves to pick more cards than Bolton ? They both need points so might be a reckless game with lots of faults and checking from last 4 games for both teams' date=' Bolton picked 5 yellow cards while Wolves picked 8 Yellows and 1 Red. Opinion ? Cheers.[/quote'] The important thing to consider in my opinion when betting on cards is not only how the teams play but most importantly the referee. Like for instance Lee Probert (who was a referee yesterday) is not showing red cards often and the foul against Spearing was a red card or at least a yellow but he showed neither. As for Bolton-Wolves game Marl Clattenburg shows cards quite often and in the last 5 games in all competitions he showed red card twice in Chelsea-Man.City and D.Zagreb-Lyon games. Still I don't have an opinion on how many cards will this game produce because if it is too much at stake it does not always mean many cards. Will just add that in last 9 games between these two sides Wolves have won just once, while Bolton recorded 7 wins and 1 draw.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Norwich to win today @8/5 with PaddyPower Bobby Zamora, Andrew Johnson and Damien Duff will miss the trip to Norwich, they are all injured. The only danger will be Clint Dempsey. If Norwich will win today they will finish 2011 in the top 10 and I think the players and supporters will be tunned up for this one...

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Very nice offer from William hill avaliable, Manchester united to score more than 4.5 goals is avaliable at 5/1! On top of that I really do think Utd could conceade a couple today with a reshuffled defence and with the Yak up front, so a result of 5 - 1 is easily possible at 5/1 odds. I remember the same fixture last season ended 7 - 1.

hi everyone ' date=' forgive me im new and ignorent to all this, but on betfair they have odds of 1.15 to bet against manu to win and has over 100k bet on, why is that ? its crazy i must have this wrong ?[/quote'] The 1.15 shows the bets avaliable to lay against. Obviously 1.15 is about the reasonable odds to bet Utd to win with about 1/7 offerered widespread.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Man Utd v Blackburn - Over 3.5 Goals @ 1.80 I think we will see an open game. If Blackburn sit back they know what will happen as it did last year. Man Utd are always very strong as home and are in good form scoring many per game. I think Rooney will return to the lineup and this will give Utd more attacking power. We could also see Phil Jones who is a really decent player. Man Utd will start strong and over 90 mins will win easily in my opinion. Although the odds aren't amazing I think as much as Blackburn try they will be broken down and Steve Kean will be left with his head in his hands again. Arsenal v QPR - Both teams to score @ 2.00 Again like last week I think Arsenal are not as strong as the odds suggest. They are struggling to find goals recently as we saw against Wolves. I think they should get a fairly easy win but I can also see QPR sneaking a goal. Apart from Vermaelen I still dont trust Arsenal's defence and will QPR threat from set pieces I can see Arsenal conceding at least one. Bolton Wanderers v Wolves - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.75 I think this game will see lots of goals. Both sides will think they can get the win and it could go either way. I would not write either side off if they go down 1-0 and can see a comeback aswell. Both sides have been leaking goals recently and this is why we see them near the bottom of the table. They desperately need a win today. If there is an early goal I can see the floodgates opening and the odds for Overs seem really generous to me! Chelsea v Aston Villa - Chelsea HT - FT @ 1.66 Although Villa are hard to break down Chelsea have the chance to get the win that they really need. With the manager looking to offload players in the transfer window I think we will see Chelsea really look to put in a strong performance. I think we will see lots of attacking from Chelsea and with the likes of Sturridge and Mata they will get a goal before half time against a weak Villa side. I am not confident of Chelsea getting lots of goals but I can see them winning this bet at decent odds. Norwich v Fulham - Half Time Draw @ 2.20 This is a really hard game to call. Fulham are not in good form but their defense in my opinion isn't as bad as a 5-0 against Utd seems to make it sound. I think Norwich will attack but I can see Fulham being strong enough to stop them at least for the first half. I can see a tight first half and think the second half will provide more entertainment. I can see a home win here but I'm not confident enough to go with this. Half time draw seems like a good bet to me with a game like this. Stoke City v Wigan Athletic - Stoke to score over 1.5 goals @ 1.83 Wigan are managing to keep good teams out at the moment. Away from home is a different story and against a tall Stoke side who will just keep the crosses and throws coming in I cant see how Wigan will keep them from being overpowered. I dont see anybody in Wigans back line able to deal with this kind of threat. We all know Stoke is a hard and intimadating place to go and I think today we will see a convincing home win. Wigan's half decent run will come to an end today against a Stoke side who need a win! Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.80 The home side are very good at the Liberty as we have seen this season they are well set up and good at keeping big teams out. They have done this more than once this season and I think this is how they will setup again. As far as Spurs go they have also got a decent record in defense and I think this has all the makings of a tight match. Bale is in great form and Swansea will be out to stop him and Adebayor from getting in threatening positions. Swansea can do this and although I think Spurs will edge it I am taking this bet because of the circumstances.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Just to let everyone know that Rooney isn't in the 18-man squad today, United's line up is as follows: #MUFC XI: De Gea, Rafael, Carrick, Jones, Evra, Valencia, Park, Nani, Welbeck, Berbatov, Hernandez Subs: Anderson, Diouf, Lindegaard, Pogba, W Keane, Fryers, L Cole. NO ROONEY.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Man Utd -2.5 @ Evens, 5 Units Simple bet really. United's recent form: 5-0, 5-0, 2-0, 4-1 wins. The only game they don't beat this was @ QPR who are a far more respectable outfit than this Blackburn side. Fergie has picked a really attacking side with play been dictated by jones and carrick at the back, nani and valencia wide and then 3 strikers. Should be a fun day and could well be the end of Steve Kean.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Tough to find good value but think I have found the perfect bet for this game: Most goals 1st half 3.4 on betfair. 10 units. Going against the norm here as usually 2nd half has the most, but can see united come firing looking to put away a few early goals. Judging by the bench I also think fergie has an eye on Newcastle next week and will look to blood a few youngsters in the 2nd half should united go a few goals up in 1st half. Think in this instance the value is in first half goals. My only fear is that uniteds lunchtime Saturday game record isn't the best, but feel the value offered is great compared to other bet I was looking at. VC3

SAF doesn't take the Rovers seriously, why should he:D Please bring in Pogba, Ando and Fryers
I bet he wish he'd have taken Basle seriously though............:D Looks like an awful card to me today, looking closely for something but nothing is sticking out at me now.

Balckburn are missing Givet' date=' Olsson, Salgado, Nelsen, Dann, Dunn, Hoilett and goal keeper Robinson. the injury list is even longer than United's:rollin[/quote'] That's bet offered at William Hill on United to score 5 or more @ 6.00 looks really good now. Will take it with 1 unit. Good luck :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Anyone finds value in Chelsea vs. Aston Villa - Away Win +1,5 @ 2,025 ? Chelsea been struggling lately and from what I heard Aston Villa is playing pretty good soccer. Even +2,5 for Villa is at 1,37 which is still good considering that Chelsea would have to win by 3 goals and I doubt they can do that. Opinions ?

Anyone finds value in Chelsea vs. Aston Villa - Away Win +1,5 @ 2,025 ? Chelsea been struggling lately and from what I heard Aston Villa is playing pretty good soccer. Even +2,5 for Villa is at 1,37 which is still good considering that Chelsea would have to win by 3 goals and I doubt they can do that. Opinions ?
I was thinking of the exact same. Chelsea even when ahead rarely adds more goals and the opposition have equalised on more than 1 occasion, against wigan and Fulham are the ones I can think of recently. I was even thinking of taking a small punt on a draw at 5/1, as i think 1 - 1 or 0 - 0 are realistic scores. In previous meetings theres also been 3 - 3 and 4 - 4 draws. Finally Villa +1.5 is avaliable at 2.150 at 188, though with lower limits, and 2.140 at Pinnacle.

Looking at the odds on Blackburn on correct score market' date=' going to have a few bob on Blackburn 0-2@ 310@340 which I have taken on betfair. Blackburn have scored in all away matches, and are needing to get points on the board. I am only looking for blackburn to score first to make profit, reading a few comments on here about Man Utd v Wigan game, defence was looking a little shaky so willing to take a shot at this.[/quote'] excellent shout to far and with no rooney in the squad and berba looking poor again

Man.United - Blackburn Even though Blackburn are bottom of the table they have proven so far this season that they can score goals. They have only failed to score in 2 games this season and they did score an all of their away games and many of their games have been high scoring ones. Man.United are getting to their best form and Rooney did not play on Boxing Day so it is very likely that he will start against Blackburn and considering the good form of the Red Devils I expect goals here. Furthermore, out of the last 6 games between these two sides "Both to Score" bet would have won 4 times and 3 times there were high scoring games, namely 7-1 last season, 5-3 in 2008 (carling Cup) and 4-1 in 2007. Both to Score @ 2.50 (3 units) William Hill Over 4.5 Goals @ 3.25 (2 units) William Hill
Did not expect Blackburn to score so many goals, but happy that both bets won :beer

United will swat aside this Blackburn side' date=' not too much doubt about that. Berbatov scored 5 in this fixture last season and also scored a hat-trick in the last game against Wigan so going for the following [b']Wincast: Berbatov/United: 4/1 with Betfair
:wall Ah well, at least United lost!!!!

why do punters on here bet on mainly over 2.00 ' date=' rather bets like man u to win at 1.14 ,[b'] its a safe bet with 14% profit .. why not build slow and steady rather than go for high odds with quite a gamble ?:rollin
Manchester Utd 2 - 3 Blackburn FT I hope you learned your lesson ;)

Manchester Utd 2 - 3 Blackburn FT I hope you learned your lesson ;)
Nothing wrong with playing a 1.14, as long as it's the correct 1.14. Obviously United's line-up today was a risky 1.14, and they should of been 1.40+.