** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan

Friday 30 December 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Liverpool v Newcastle United (19:45 GMT) 1.55 4.5 8 99.24 %
Saturday 31 December 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers (12:45 GMT) 1.18 9.4 30 98.59 %
maximize.gif Arsenal v Queens Park Rangers (15:00 GMT) 1.28 6 16 100.69 %
maximize.gif Bolton Wanderers v Wolverhampton Wanderers (15:00 GMT) 2.3 3.6 3.5 99.83 %
maximize.gif Chelsea v Aston Villa (15:00 GMT) 1.31 6 14.5 99.90 %
maximize.gif Norwich City v Fulham (15:00 GMT) 2.7 3.45 2.88 100.74 %
maximize.gif Stoke City v Wigan Athletic (15:00 GMT) 1.71 4 5.72 100.96 %
maximize.gif Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur (15:00 GMT) 5.4 3.9 1.8 99.72 %
Sunday 1 January 2012HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif West Bromwich Albion v Everton (12:30 GMT) 2.66 3.4 2.92 101.25 %
maximize.gif Sunderland v Manchester City (15:00 GMT) 7.6 4.5 1.53 100.74 %

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Hey guys. I've been reading this forum for a bit now so I thought It was about time to throw in my two pence worth. After a good start to their premier league campaign Newcastle have taken a bit of a nosedive but their win last time out against Bolton should boost morale and help bring a bit of confidence to the side. To add to this they have key players coming back from injury. I think the odds are a tad generous for the home win. Liverpool's last 6 home games are as follows:

26/12/2011 Premier League Liverpool vs. Blackburn D - 1:1 10/12/2011 Premier League Liverpool vs. QPR W - 1:0 27/11/2011 Premier League Liverpool vs. Man City D - 1:1 05/11/2011 Premier League Liverpool vs. Swansea D - 0:0 22/10/2011 Premier League Liverpool vs. Norwich D - 1:1 15/10/2011 Premier League Liverpool vs. Man Utd D - 1:1
As you can see, they have won once (by the one goal) and drew the other five. Two of these draws have come against two newly promoted sides and the narrow win against the other promoted side. They have won by more than one goal in just one of their homes this season and that was a 3-1 victory over Bolton back in August. Liverpool's best form lies on the road and even then they have won just once in their last three so form home and away just now ain't great in any sense. I really think they will find it hard against a good Newcastle side who certainly do not lack in quality and ability. Newcastle +1 @ 2.075 NAP Correct Score 1-1 @ 7.5 NB

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan manchester united to win - 5 units united to win 4-0 5-0 6-0 - 1 unit united to lead 1st and 2nd half - 2 units all against blackburn....... -------------------------------------------------------------- stoke to beat wigan - 2 units reason : manchester united have thrashed the last 3 games and are on fire and are at home again stoke are playing strong and are clearly better team than wigan so i think a win is there , and they are also at home ! :hope:hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Looking at the odds on Blackburn on correct score market, going to have a few bob on Blackburn 0-2@ 310@340 which I have taken on betfair. Blackburn have scored in all away matches, and are needing to get points on the board. I am only looking for blackburn to score first to make profit, reading a few comments on here about Man Utd v Wigan game, defence was looking a little shaky so willing to take a shot at this.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan I have taken the following bets before the silly mistakes I made yesterday during Arsenal-Wolves game, so I am not chasing my loses. Liverpool - Newcastle Newcastle are not playing well at the moment and have only managed 3 wins in their last 10 games (2 of these wins were against out of form Everton and relegation candidate Bolton on Boxing Day). It looks like after they lost to Man.City their form has dropped. Liverpool are inconsistent as always. After winning twice against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge they dropped points in their last two games against relegation candidates Wigan (away) and Blackburn (home). However, they tend to play better football against so called stronger teams. Steven Gerrard played 20 minutes against Blackburn and it is very likely that he will start against Newcastle on Friday and with Gerrard the Reds are completely different side. Furthermore, Liverpool have a really impressive record against Newcastle: - won 8 out of their last 10 games; - won last 5 at Anfield; - all 8 wins were by at least 2 goals; - in 6 out of 8 wins Liverpool kept clean sheet. Liverpool -1 AH @ 1.85 (5 units) Bet365 ---------------------------------- Chelsea - Aston Villa This bet is more like a gamble than anything so I advise everyone not to place large stakes on any of the selections I suggest. In 2007 the same game was played on Boxing Day and it finished 4-4, this year when it was played on 2 January 2011 it ended 3-3, so I will take a gamble with small stakes that something similar will happen on the New Year’s Eve. Over 5.5 Goals @ 9.00 (1 unit) William Hill Draw 3-3 @ 81.00 (0.5 unit) William Hill Draw 4-4 @ 401.00 (0.5 unit) Bet365

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Bolton v Wolves: Draw (13/5) with William Hill As a rule, I'm not a great believer of the law of averages but I am interested in the Bolton game to draw considering they have yet to draw a league game all season. Bolton have had the upper hand in recent head to heads but Bolton's form this season does make it almost impossible to put money on them to win. I know the Prem is capable of surprises with all teams capable of taking points off each other (except Wigan against Man Utd!!!) and so anyting could happen in a game like this but as I lack confidence to back either team I can't help but think the draw is the safest option?

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan

why do they have over 1.5 2.5 ect ' date=' theres no such thing as half a goal. someone explain please[/quote'] What if they have over 2 goals and there are 2 goals in the game? It's easier to have it over/under 1.5, 2.5 etc.

why do they have over 1.5 2.5 ect ' date=' theres no such thing as half a goal. someone explain please[/quote'] The 'half goal' basically rules out the result (after handicap) of being a draw. So, if you bet on a team to win with an AH of -0.5 goals, you are saying that the result will be a Win to the team you bet on. You will find that -0.5 handicaps are almost exactly the same odds as Win outright odds. The bit I don't understand is why you would ever take, for example, AH -1 or -1,-1.5 when you could take -1.5 and get better odds...

The 'half goal' basically rules out the result (after handicap) of being a draw. So' date=' if you bet on a team to win with an AH of -0.5 goals, you are saying that the result will be a [i']Win to the team you bet on. You will find that -0.5 handicaps are almost exactly the same odds as Win outright odds. The bit I don't understand is why you would ever take, for example, AH -1 or -1,-1.5 when you could take -1.5 and get better odds...
He wasn't talking about handicap, he was talking about overs and unders.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Hi everyone , thanks for replys understood now .. Want a decent bet with a great chance of a cool return i believe 3 matches are looking a draw . here we go bolton - wolfs norwich city - fulham west brom - everton at odds of over 3-1 i think betting on there three will be great for a return if successfull and even odds if only one makes it.... 2 units on all three to draw ! not many goals are being exchanged with these teams and also they are pretty much even stevens. good bet i think , thoughts ? thanks :ok

not many goals are being exchanged with these teams and also they are pretty much even stevens. good bet i think , thoughts ?
Don't get me wrong but I don't think the above sentence can be considered as reasoning.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Liverpool @ 1.5 way way way too short. Especially now Suarez is out of this game. Bolton (2.3) should not be clear favourites for me against Wolves (3.5) so value on the away side I think. Fulham Norwich and Everton WBA stinks of draws so AH on the longer team might be good value As the games are coming thick and fast it is always unpredictable but hopefully I can avoid the landmines!

He wasn't talking about handicap' date=' he was talking about overs and unders.[/quote'] Oh yes, of course, silly me! :wall My query still stands over the -1.5 AH. With regards to the upcoming games, I think Wolves are nice value @ 3.25 with B365. Hennessey looks in form and Wolves have a knack of scoring of late. Coupled with Bolton's terrible season so far I think this is a fairly strong bet. Wolves to Win @3.25 ; 2 units B365

The bit I don't understand is why you would ever take, for example, AH -1 or -1,-1.5 when you could take -1.5 and get better odds...
The thing here is if the team you are backing wins only by one goal, AH -1 will return your entire stake and the -1.25 one will refund half of your stake. Whilst taking AH -1.5 would be a losing bet in this case hence the price is longer.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Man.United - Blackburn Even though Blackburn are bottom of the table they have proven so far this season that they can score goals. They have only failed to score in 2 games this season and they did score an all of their away games and many of their games have been high scoring ones. Man.United are getting to their best form and Rooney did not play on Boxing Day so it is very likely that he will start against Blackburn and considering the good form of the Red Devils I expect goals here. Furthermore, out of the last 6 games between these two sides "Both to Score" bet would have won 4 times and 3 times there were high scoring games, namely 7-1 last season, 5-3 in 2008 (carling Cup) and 4-1 in 2007. Both to Score @ 2.50 (3 units) William Hill Over 4.5 Goals @ 3.25 (2 units) William Hill

The bit I don't understand is why you would ever take, for example, AH -1 or -1,-1.5 when you could take -1.5 and get better odds...
Because it's about value, and whether you see value in the line. Realistically using the above statement, you could say why not take the - 2 because the odds are even greater. For a lot of people the - 1 / - 1.25 AH provides greater cover in the likely event that their bet falls just short of the required mark. That's why it appeals to many. As the margin between winning and losing a punt can be extremely small in many cases.

Man.United - Blackburn Even though Blackburn are bottom of the table they have proven so far this season that they can score goals. They have only failed to score in 2 games this season and they did score an all of their away games and many of their games have been high scoring ones. Man.United are getting to their best form and Rooney did not play on Boxing Day so it is very likely that he will start against Blackburn and considering the good form of the Red Devils I expect goals here. Furthermore, out of the last 6 games between these two sides "Both to Score" bet would have won 4 times and 3 times there were high scoring games, namely 7-1 last season, 5-3 in 2008 (carling Cup) and 4-1 in 2007. Both to Score @ 2.50 (3 units) William Hill Over 4.5 Goals @ 3.25 (2 units) William Hill
I quite like BTTS here too, but I think it's a brave boy that takes a bottom three side to score at Old Trafford. Also have to say Blackburn are yet to play at Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and obviously Saturday's opponents.

I quite like BTTS here too, but I think it's a brave boy that takes a bottom three side to score at Old Trafford. Also have to say Blackburn are yet to play at Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and obviously Saturday's opponents.
Was looking at the BTS here as well. From reports ten man Wigan, and Fulham before that, did have good chances to score. Also Evans is out for United, but expect Jones to be back in defense. Coral's go 3.0 on United to "win not to nil". Think if you fancy the BTS, this may be a way to go? Still undecided myself.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan I'm taking an early one for Friday's match at Anfield: - 8pts Newcastle Team Goals: Over 0.5 @ 8/11 [Ladbrokes] Doesn't take a genius to see that Alan Pardew has revolutionised Newcastle football club. They're only three points off a Champions League spot at the moment and in Demba Ba, they have one of the most improved players in the country. Getting 8/11 for them to score at Anfield this weekend is a good bet for me and the stats do their best to back that up. Newcastle have scored in seven of their 8 league away matches this season whilst Liverpool have conceded in seven of their nine home matches. Newcastle's away visits have seen them go to the Etihad, Old Trafford, Villa Park, The Stadium of Light and the Reebok whilst Liverpool put in a God awful performance at the weekend against Blackburn, letting them score a shocking goal. I'm not convinced with this Liverpool side right now and without Suarez too their team lacks any punch. Newcastle are on fire though. As mentioned above, they have a good knack of scoring away from home this season and they seemingly have a full strength squad. I can't really see them not scoring here this weekend and I will play strongly that they will.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan :DAnother good bet from me is Chelsea-Aston Villa Pick:Aston Villa +2 Chelsea's form is not impressive at all.They hardly manage to reach opponent's part of the pitch.They scored only 3 goals in their last 3 matches 2 of them were against fulham at home and against poor Wigan side.I don't think the match against Aston Villa will make an exception and we will see a low scoring game and another Draw maybe.Whatever i will play with high stakes and wont take risk.I will go for +2 for away team

:DAnother good bet from me is Chelsea-Aston Villa Pick:Aston Villa +2 Chelsea's form is not impressive at all.They hardly manage to reach opponent's part of the pitch.They scored only 3 goals in their last 3 matches 2 of them were against fulham at home and against poor Wigan side.I don't think the match against Aston Villa will make an exception and we will see a low scoring game and another Draw maybe.Whatever i will play with high stakes and wont take risk.I will go for +2 for away team
Please include the odds for your picks as well as which bookie :)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Liverpool v Newcastle\ i would say a battle for the best defensive team . To me both team are on par . Despite Taylor being injured, they are playing good defence still . On the other hand , liverpool will be without suarez , carroll will start . We all knows what Carroll is capable of right ? :wall Could see this game being real tight . Liverpool keeping possesion , newcastle waiting for counter attack . Probably this game would end 0-0 or 1-1 . Going for a safer bet after some misses in midweek . Under 2.5 goals 1.90 at my local bookmarker :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 30 Dec-1 Jan Liverpool vs Newcastle United - Newcastle @ 7 Betfair Think there's great value in taking Newcastle here. Liverpool have looked poor all season to me and are fortunate to find themselves 6th to be honest. They have real trouble scoring goals - just 21 all season. Their home form isn't great - 3 wins and 6 draws although they haven't lost at Anfield yet. I think Newcastle might be the side to inflict their first home defeat of the season though. Their away form is quite good, and they looked very good at Bolton last week - Demba Ba in particular will be key for them tomorrow night. Don't forget that they went to OT and got a point and are more than capable of scoring on their travels - 13 for the season. Liverpool look really shaky at the moment and come into this game off the back of two very poor results - draws against Blackburn and Wigan. They will also be without Luis Suarez and the whole racism furore that is surrounding the club at the moment has the potential to impact on their performance on the pitch, as I feel it has done in their last two games. It's a bit of a long shot this, but I can really see Newcastle scraping something here.

Liverpool vs Newcastle United - Newcastle @ 7 Betfair Think there's great value in taking Newcastle here. Liverpool have looked poor all season to me and are fortunate to find themselves 6th to be honest. They have real trouble scoring goals - just 21 all season. Their home form isn't great - 3 wins and 6 draws although they haven't lost at Anfield yet. I think Newcastle might be the side to inflict their first home defeat of the season though. Their away form is quite good, and they looked very good at Bolton last week - Demba Ba in particular will be key for them tomorrow night. Don't forget that they went to OT and got a point and are more than capable of scoring on their travels - 13 for the season. Liverpool look really shaky at the moment and come into this game off the back of two very poor results - draws against Blackburn and Wigan. They will also be without Luis Suarez and the whole racism furore that is surrounding the club at the moment has the potential to impact on their performance on the pitch, as I feel it has done in their last two games. It's a bit of a long shot this, but I can really see Newcastle scraping something here.
I agree I will give 02 Newcastle 2.25 bet365