Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Championship > 26 Dec

Monday 26 December 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Watford v Cardiff City (12:00 GMT) 3.05 3.4 2.56 101.26 %
maximize.gif Derby County v Leeds United (13:00 GMT) 3 3.45 2.6 100.78 %
maximize.gif Millwall v Portsmouth (13:00 GMT) 2.2 3.4 3.75 101.53 %
maximize.gif Southampton v Crystal Palace (13:00 GMT) 1.53 4.6 8 99.60 %
maximize.gif Barnsley v Blackpool (15:00 GMT) 2.78 3.5 2.75 100.91 %
maximize.gif Burnley v Doncaster Rovers (15:00 GMT) 1.8 3.8 5 101.87 %
maximize.gif Coventry City v Bristol City (15:00 GMT) 2.78 3.4 2.76 101.61 %
maximize.gif Leicester City v Ipswich Town (15:00 GMT) 1.62 4.33 6.5 100.19 %
maximize.gif Middlesbrough v Hull City (15:00 GMT) 2.06 3.55 4.1 101.10 %
maximize.gif Nottingham Forest v Peterborough United (15:00 GMT) 2.06 3.65 3.9 101.58 %
maximize.gif Reading v Brighton & Hove Albion (15:00 GMT) 1.81 3.75 5.5 100.10 %
maximize.gif Birmingham City v West Ham (17:30 GMT) 2.6 3.4 3 101.21 %

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Championship > 26 Dec

Ipswich looks really overpriced, anyone knows why the odds is so high? Will they miss a lot of players?
It's because they're playing Leicester away, and Ipswich have been dire recently, bar the back to back wins of course.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Championship > 26 Dec Palace 8/1 to win at Southampton/ Southampton 1.53 to win at home Palace will play a defensive formation against Southampton and will have Zaha back with the aim of hitting Southampton on the counter attack. Defensively Palace are good in this league keeping 8 clean sheets in their last 12 matches Palace beat Southampton 2 nil earlier in this season although different sides will be in action on Boxing Day and in the last 5 games at Southampton Palace have only lost once. Palace have won 5 of their away games and have yet to draw away from home Southampton drew their last home game, but they haven't lost at home for 24 matches I can see Southampton shading it, but odds look far too short for the home win and far too long for the away win However, more attractive for me is the Palace Draw No Bet @6.2 on Betfair and is something I will be taking a small interest in That's the first time I have carried out an analysis on any match

Leicester isn't that good at home and they haven't been that good lately (2 loses and 1 draw). What do you think about the odds' date=' isn't it overpriced?[/quote'] Leicester are over rated for me, and man for man Ipswich are probably worth a point. Don't like short priced favourites in this league either.

Palace 8/1 to win at Southampton/ Southampton 1.53 to win at home Palace will play a defensive formation against Southampton and will have Zaha back with the aim of hitting Southampton on the counter attack. Defensively Palace are good in this league keeping 8 clean sheets in their last 12 matches Palace beat Southampton 2 nil earlier in this season although different sides will be in action on Boxing Day and in the last 5 games at Southampton Palace have only lost once. Palace have won 5 of their away games and have yet to draw away from home Southampton drew their last home game, but they haven't lost at home for 24 matches I can see Southampton shading it, but odds look far too short for the home win and far too long for the away win However, more attractive for me is the Palace Draw No Bet @6.2 on Betfair and is something I will be taking a small interest in That's the first time I have carried out an analysis on any match
I agree, Southampton is way too short and their form is declining.. CP will get Zaha back and it will count hopefully. So CP to win 8@betfair

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Championship > 26 Dec Watford v Cardiff City Reckon the bookies have underestimated the chances of Over 2.5 goals in this one. There has always been goals in this fixture - 12 of the last 13 home/aways have featured at least 3 goals (5 out of 6 home fixtures). Cardiff have scored at least one goal in all but one away game and Watford are regularly finding the net in home games. It is the first time that Malky Mackay has returned to Vicarage Road since leaving for Cardiff and he'll be looking to prove a point (as will the Watford team he left behind). I would have priced the Overs as favourite but it can be backed at 2.2, which looks value to me. 0-0 then..!

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Championship > 26 Dec Hi to all from Greece and Merry Christmas. I agree with Cr.Palace. The odds are too high and i"ll take the risk. (Ok i took it 2 days ago :) ). I"ll go for Portsmouth to win too. Millwall isn't in good form. One win at last 7 vs Doncaster, the worst team in Championship. Portsmouth is in good form with no defeat in the last 4, included their 1st away win at Burnley, 2 weeks ago.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Championship > 26 Dec Oryt lads dont you think hull @11/4 is good value? They have won there last 4 matches middlesboro have got marvin emnes out whos is there main threat.Boro are in good form aswell but hull are a good counter attacking team with bags of pace Bristol city away to coventry look good aswell @8/5 Bristol City have not lost an away league game against Coventry for 32 years and have scored a total of 11 goals in the last four Cheers guys good luck :hope

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Championship > 26 Dec Reading v Brighton Reading to win @ 1.72 with Bet365" rel="external nofollow">Bet365 Reading looks to be in a great shape at the moment and are pushing really hard for the play-off spots which makes me choose this side for this encounter. Brighton on the other hand is not a team to omit, and not the fact that they'll have just 16 players to choose from - those being the ones mostly used this season - for this game makes me not wanna bet on them but the fact that Reading's home form and results says much about how they've recovered after not a very good start of the season. In the last 8 games, Reading lost just once at home, that being to Cardiff, which is one of the strongest sides in the league, doesn't daunt me at all. So 4 wins - 3 draws - 1 defeat in the last 8, with a victory against WHU, and draws against the Saints and Boro make me believe Reading is capable of making another great game which will keep them in the battle for the play off spots.

Watford - Cardiff İf we look head to head, see overs, but odds are underestimated. So I back over 2,5 for this match. 1cg1w.jpg
Please, if that's not your own work, can I ask that you pay credit to the site you picked up the screen print from? I think you've made a good pick judging on past statistics. Good luck!!

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Championship > 26 Dec Birmingham v West Ham WHU DNB @ 1.9 with bet365" rel="external nofollow">bet365 WHU double chance @ 1.5 with Bet365" rel="external nofollow">Bet365 Birmingham City, one of the only two teams yet to lose a game at home - the other one being the league leaders, Southampton. Surely West Ham has the power to get all three points from this trip being the best team on away records in the league with 7 wins, 2 draw, and 2 defeats until now. One interesting fact is that the Blues has not lost on Boxing Day in the last four seasons. Also, the Hammers did not lost on Boxing day since 2006 a 4-1 defeat to Pompey in the EPL. Both teams will miss a few of their first team pieces with Matt Taylor (calf), Winston Reid (shoulder) and Sam Baldock (hamstring), for the Hammers, and are not expected to return for this encounter as for the Blues Jean Beausejour (calf), Liam Ridgewell (thigh). There are also some doubts on Carew, Faubert and Faye. Important players, that can help West Ham get the result here. One thing that also makes me not look at Birmingham is the fact that they will most probably get rid of some of their best paid players in the squad and hearing this news a several days ago gives me more trust in the Hammers which are looking to return to back to back wins after they've lost two consecutive games recently and need to stay in the neck of Southampton so they can remain on the automatic promotion spots.

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Championship > 26 Dec Too drunk and tired for write ups and will be on it all day tomorrow. but my picks on the handicaps are as follows: blackpool leicester Peterborough All on the asians. Good luck and merry xmas all:ok

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Championship > 26 Dec I think the crookies have done a good job this weekend and there isn't much value around that I can see.Just a couple of small bets for me today for interest sake.First one is Watford DNB at 2.1...bet366....stakes 1/10...the main reason for this one is the fact that's it's a 12ko.Cardiff will have a 3 hour bus journey so they will have an early start after their Xmas day.I reckon they'll have to be up around 6ish.... Apart from that Cardiff probably have the better team and are higher up the table, but have only won 3 away and could only manage a draw recently against bottom team Coventry.The hornets will be tough in their own nest and I'm happy to take the bluebirds on at this price.....

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Championship > 26 Dec 5 possible draws for me in this one: Birmingham vs West Ham No draw yet for City in their last 6 games and no draw for West Ham in their last 7. Home side has been brilliant so far at home with 6 wins and 3 draws, while West Ham has been great away with 7 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats. last 2 games between these two have been ended with draws so I expect the third. draw @ 3.40 with Skybet Watford vs Cardiff Home side will welcome back their ex manager, but as rival this time, after his departure to Cardiff, trying to win the promotion here. Malky Mackkay showed his class on Cardiff, but here will be tough for the Bluebirds. Watford is tough at home and has a real specialty for drawing games: 4 in last 5 games. Cardiff also made 3 draws in the last 5 games away. draw @ 3.40 with Ladbrokes Coventry vs Bristol City The Robins have a tough clash here today as they will go on a desperate team's field. Away side is win less in last 4 games and has just 2 wins in last 5 games away with 2 draws and 1 defeat. Coventry has just 3 draws in last 11 games, the other being defeats. Most probably here will be a draw as Bristol is not having enough power to win against Coventry. draw @ 3.40 with Ladbrokes Derby vs Leeds United Home side has an impressive record against Leeds in the last games and that should be seen also today. But Leeds is not so weak to be defeated here and I fancy a draw. 4 of the last 6 games were wins for Derby, the other 2 games ending as draws. Leeds is targeting promotion, but a win here will be difficult to be obtained. draw @ 3.47 with >Pinnacle Sports Millwall vs Portsmouth Home side is in a desperate situation with 2 points above the red line. They have 5 draws at home and 4 wins, only 2 defeats. They lost from their power in last season and now they are facing a serious battle for surviving. The Pompey team is having 27 points and has 3 draws away. They ahve a good trend these days with 2 wins and 2 draws in last 5 games and just 1 defeat in last 7 matches. Expect a draw here @ 3.41 with >Pinnacle Sports

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Championship > 26 Dec Boro vs Hull Great match here, a derby and also a game that I would really love to see. Both teams are comming after a great series of result: home side after 3 consecutive wins, while Hull City after 4 wins. Boro had a series of draws lately in the season on home ground, 0-0 or 1-1. They are tough to be defeated here, only PSV and West Ham did it. Hull had also 3 draws, 3 wins and 2 defeats in last 8 games on away surfaces. Tony Mowbray, the manager of Boro will have to wait to see if striker Emnes and midfielders Zemmama and Thomson are fit, being doubtful for now. Hull has no problems for now and caretaker manager Nicky Barmy can name an unchanged squad for this one. I do not think Boro can win against Hull. The Tigers have been great and I think can snatch a draw here pretty easily. draw @ 3.50 with Ladbrokes

Re: England > Boxing Day > Npower Football League Championship > 26 Dec Nottingham vs Peterborough The errors made in summer are seen now for the Foresters and that is already a fact. They replaced McClaren with Cotterill, but not even this one brought the changes that were hoped for. And now we see that this not a managerial problem, but a players value problem. Expect a tight clash and personally I will go for Posh win and over 2.5 goals and also this bet. wes Morgan is out for Nottingham, along with striker Miller and long term absentee Cohen. Peterborough will have back striker Frecklington and striker Tomlin. This would be excellent for Darren Fergusson attacking philosophy as both thes men alongside with Boyd had been great options in that area. Forrest managed a draw in Bristol last round after 4 consecutive losses. They haven't scored in last 5 games. Posh made already 2 games under 2.5 goals, but if course scoring was never a problem for teh London Road located team. Away side not to lose, normally! draw @ 3.72 with >Pinnacle Sports

Too drunk and tired for write ups and will be on it all day tomorrow. but my picks on the handicaps are as follows: blackpool leicester Peterborough All on the asians. Good luck and merry xmas all:ok
Woken up with a banging headache and wanted to add a bit of meat to these selections... Barnsley v Blackpool +0 (AH) @ 1.95 Bet365 Balckpool have lost just 1 of their last 8 games which was away at leicester and I think Holloway is doing a steady job at steering them towards promotion. Barnsley have been in good form themselves but they have lost their last 2 games which included a 5-3 defeat against Ipswich which was a poor show. The tangerines are a tough nut to crack. They keep it tight at the back and are capable of getting in the goals. They nearly pulled off a coup at Southampton in their last away match with a 2-2 draw which is more than respectable. i think they can go one better and get the win against a Barnsley side who have stuttered in their last couple of games. Leicester-1 (AH) v Ipswich @ 1.925 Leicester have been in fairly poor form recently but i expect Pearson is going to turn things round and what better opportunity than against an Ipswich side who have been leaking goals all over the place. Ipswich have won their last 2 games but i think it will come to an end against a good Leicester side. Town have shipped in 23 goals against them in their last 8 games. Even in their last away win they managed to let 3 goals in whilst scoring 5. But you can't rely on scoring 5 goals every time you get a win. I'm confident the foxes have the firepower to break the tractor boys poor defence and I certainly don't see Ipswich outscoring them. If Leicester take the lead I wouldn't be surprised to see Ipswich reverting to type and see another goal glut against them. It's a comfortable Leicester win for me. Nottm Forest v Peterborough +0.5 (AH) Forest are way too low here for me and the +0.5 on the Posh sticks out like a sore thumb. Forest have not scored in their last FIVE games. How you can have anyone on a -0.5 handicap on that basis is crazy. Even in the game before where they did score, it was against an Ipswich side who were letting in goals for fun. The only thing which made me hesitate with this bet was the injury worry to lee tomlin who is a key player for Posh, especially with them having a small squad. But he may now make this game. Peterborough are having a steady season and they have picked up 2 draws against leicester and Birmingham away with a narrow defeat against a good Reading side in their last 3 games on the road. no one has any easy game against Ferguson's side. Against a Forest team in terrible form and who just can't score, the value is all on Peterborough's side. They picked up good points at better teams than Forest and I think they can at least get a draw here.

Sport Football (England - Cham)
Event Leicester - Ipswich
Selection Ipswich +0.25 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 26/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.85
Reasoning Two teams that been playing under their potential with a lot of dissapointing results because of that. The home side are currently 11th in the league while the guests are sitting as low as 19th with a game in hand. There form have been rising, with 6 points in their last 2 matches. Leicester are still having problems and suffers from a weak form, last match they lost away to the team that is concidered the worst in the Championship - Doncaster. Both teams have been conceding goals and ofc both have a lot of attacking potential, as specially Ipswich have shown all season. There have been big swings thou in their matches with late comebacks, turnarounds - for both teams involved. So its hard to trust them. And with a tradition of goals in this fixture (4-2) last may. It was a hard decision to go for the over market or take a shot at unreliable guests. A few factors however, got me going with the in form team. 1. The home team get back there captain Matt Mill who prob will go str8 in middle of Def. at the same time as his partner Aleksandar Tunchev is ready to play after injury. The away side have back a trio of defenders Ivar Ingemarsson, Damien Delaney och Tommy Smith. 2. The away team have ofc better form and their attack looks a bit sharper as Leicester will have limited wide players for this one. Nugent ofc a big threat but Andrews and co look deadlier atm. That together with there two str8 wins and home teams weak form - even in this league where anything goes. Made me decide on the value of away team and not with the goal market which over 3 - over 3.5 was the option there. Also the h2h is very even. From 62 meetings Ipswich have a slight edge with 26 wins to the home sides 22. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope the value here payes off. GL!

I think the crookies have done a good job this weekend and there isn't much value around that I can see.Just a couple of small bets for me today for interest sake.First one is Watford DNB at 2.1...bet366....stakes 1/10...the main reason for this one is the fact that's it's a 12ko.Cardiff will have a 3 hour bus journey so they will have an early start after their Xmas day.I reckon they'll have to be up around 6ish.... Apart from that Cardiff probably have the better team and are higher up the table, but have only won 3 away and could only manage a draw recently against bottom team Coventry.The hornets will be tough in their own nest and I'm happy to take the bluebirds on at this price.....
1-1, money back....