** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Boxing Day > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 26

BlueSQ Bet North Monday 26 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bishop's Stortford v Histon (13:00 GMT) 13/10 12/5 6/4 112.89 %
maximize.gif Altrincham FC v Droylsden (15:00 GMT) 1/1 12/5 2 112.75 %
maximize.gif Boston United v Eastwood Town (15:00 GMT) 2/5 10/3 9/2 112.71 %
maximize.gif Corby Town v Solihull Moors (15:00 GMT) 8/11 13/5 11/4 112.25 %
maximize.gif Gainsborough Trinity v FC Halifax Town (15:00 GMT) 5/4 12/5 8/5 112.32 %
maximize.gif Harrogate Town v Guiseley (15:00 GMT) 12/5 5/2 5/6 112.63 %
maximize.gif Hinckley United v Nuneaton Town (15:00 GMT) 12/5 5/2 5/6 112.63 %
maximize.gif Hyde FC v Stalybridge Celtic (15:00 GMT) 6/5 5/2 13/8 112.05 %
maximize.gif Vauxhall Motors v Colwyn Bay (15:00 GMT) 11/8 5/2 11/8 112.61 %
maximize.gif Worcester City v Gloucester City (15:00 GMT) 8/11 13/5 11/4 112.25 %
maximize.gif Workington v Blyth Spartans (15:00 GMT) 8/11 13/5 11/4 112.25 %
BlueSQ Bet South Monday 26 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Welling United v Dartford (13:00 GMT) 1/1 12/5 2 112.75 %
maximize.gif Woking v Farnborough (13:00 GMT) 1/3 7/2 11/2 112.79 %
maximize.gif Boreham Wood v Sutton United (15:00 GMT) 8/5 12/5 5/4 112.32 %
maximize.gif Bromley v Tonbridge Angels (15:00 GMT) 11/8 5/2 11/8 112.61 %
maximize.gif Chelmsford City v Thurrock (15:00 GMT) 1/3 7/2 11/2 112.79 %
maximize.gif Dorchester Town v Salisbury City (15:00 GMT) 4/5 5/2 5/2 112.70 %
maximize.gif Dover Athletic v Eastbourne Borough (15:00 GMT) 8/11 13/5 11/4 112.25 %
maximize.gif Hampton & Richmond v Staines Town (15:00 GMT) 1/1 12/5 2 112.75 %
maximize.gif Havant & Waterlooville v Eastleigh (15:00 GMT) 5/4 12/5 8/5 112.32 %
maximize.gif Maidenhead United v Basingstoke Town (15:00 GMT) 6/4 12/5 13/10 112.89 %
maximize.gif Weston-super-Mare v Truro City (15:00 GMT) 5/6 5/2 12/5 112.63 %

Re: England > Boxing Day > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 26 Dorchester Town at home to Salisbury City (Evs, BlueSQ and Stan James) It's rare for BlueSQ to make blunders in the sections they sponsor, but I think they've called this match wrong. Salisbury's cup heroics can't be underplayed, but they are performing dismally in the league: indeed, since beating Eastbourne at the end of September they've only won one league game. Their last win away was at Staines in August. A point at Woking and those cup heroics should be admired, but the simple fact is they are going into this one with a number of team issues: Wayne Turk has returned to Forest Green, depriving them of some midfield experience and energy, and converted centre back Danny Webb is also rumoured to be heading out of the door. With Jake Reid suspended, they are lacking in potency up front, and forward Matt Wright - who has been doing well on loan at Hemel - has returned, only to head out to Swindon Super. It's looking like a makeshift side facing Dorchester. With boss Darrell Clarke suggesting the squad has been carrying a number of passengers since promotion, there will clearly be more comings and goings, and in the short term it is worth opposing them at his price. Alan Knight has come in at Dorchester and is taking a softly-softly approach, and basically persevering with a decent squad on the fringes of the playoffs. They do their best work away from home, but Evs about Dorchester is way beyond my own price.

Re: England > Boxing Day > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 26 Dover Athletic at home to Eastbourne Borough (4/5 widespread) There were plenty of good reasons to oppose Eastbourne at home to Weston last weekend and they still apply: the squad is looking a touch short of full strength and they are struggling to put in coherent performances. In truth, they are proving more fluid away, where performances have been better, but they do come up short against the better sides. At the moment, you'd have to class born-again Dover among the best the section has to offer - strong showings against Bromley and Staines may not be much to base that on, but under Nicky Forster they have undoubtedly had a mid-season lease of life that should carry them through a struggling Eastbourne.

Re: England > Boxing Day > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 26 Chelmsford v Thurrock I always hold my hands up when a result doesn’t go my way and boy was I shocked about Thurrock getting a point against Woking. Not only that but they could easily have won the match and produced their best performance of the season. It certainly gives the bottom side in the Blue Square South a platform to build on and although they face another promotion chasing team in Chelmsford, I feel they may just cause an upset. Thurrock’s away form is actually better than their home form and although the teams they have beaten are all near the bottom it should be remembered that Chelmsford have only won three home league games all season. If they had turned more of their five draws into wins then they would have been a threat to Woking but for some reason they are struggling to put wins together at home. A draw wouldn’t surprise but I am going to take a flyer and back Thurrock at Stan James’ 13/2. Given the new squad’s performance last Saturday and the fact they have had another couple of training sessions then there is plenty of scope for them to perform even better and if they do that gives them a chance of winning. Dorchester v Salisbury The away side have done really well to reach the 3rd Round of the FA Cup, but that shouldn’t mask their rotten form in the Blue Square South. They have only bagged two wins in their last twelve matches and even managed to loss to a Maidenhead side last Saturday who had not won in 14 league games. They are looking a little light on the squad front as well with suspension, injuries and a Forest Green loanee going back. Add to this the fact that they have been shocking on the road all season. Their only win away from home came against Staines back in August and they have only managed to pick up two more points since, whilst only scoring seven goals. The home side are in decent nick at the moment and are now unbeaten in nine league games. The slight concern is they have drawn five of them, including their last three, but that does include a fantastic draw at Dartford in their previous game and it is a game they very nearly won as Dartford only scored in the last minute. I think the bookies are paying too much attention to Salisbury’s FA Cup run rather than league form and even money (Blue Square) looks good value. Hinckley v Nuneaton Here we have two sides who are currently in very contrasting form. Nuneaton have really found their feet of late, they are unbeaten in eight league games and have won seven of those. The run seems to have coincided with the capture of young Wesley York who has looked a superb prospect. The home side may have been doing well in the cup competitions, but they have only won five league games all season and are winless in their last seven. Halifax stuffed them 6-1 last Saturday and given Nuneaton’s form at the moment it is pretty easy to see them gaining six points in both these fixtures over Christmas and New Year. Coral’s 5/6 looks well worth taking as I think they should be shorter than that.

Re: England > Boxing Day > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 26 Just been looking at this list of fixtures. It looks though this league is arranged so that there are a lot of local derbies on Boxing Day (Dec 26th), with the return fixtures on New Years Day (this Sunday, Jan 1st 2012). Of the 11 fixtures, 8 were genuine local derbies I think, not more than about 30 minutes drive for the away fans - Local derbies ... Welling United v Dartford Woking v Farnborough Bromley v Tonbridge Chelmsford v Thurrock Dorchester v Salisbury Hampton & Richmond v Staines Town Havant & Waterlooville v Eastleigh Maidenhead v Basingstoke I've got a theory that backing the away side in local derbies pays, as away sides often seem to do better than their form might suggest. Anyway, I've listed the odds on the away side below, followed by the results - Welling United v Dartford 2/1 Result: 1-1 Woking v Farnborough 11/2 Result: 1-0 Bromley v Tonbridge 11/8 Result: 2-2 Chelmsford v Thurrock 11/2 Result: 1-0 Dorchester v Salisbury 5/2 Result: 0-3 Hampton & Richmond v Staines Town 2/1 Result: 1-2 Havant & Waterlooville v Eastleigh 8/5 Result: 0-0 Maidenhead v Basingstoke 13/10 Result: 1-1 Of the 8 games, 2 were home wins, 2 away wins and the other 4 were draws. If you'd backed 8 away wins with level stakes you would have lost a bit of money, but I reckon if you'd backed 'draw or away' you would probably have come out ahead. And the two home wins were only 1-0 although Woking and Chelmsford were very short prices. The local nature of these divisions seems to throw up a lot of local derbies and I think there will be value opportunities for backing away teams.