** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

France - Ligue 1 - 20-21 December

Tuesday 20 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AS Nancy v Olympique Marseille (20:00 GMT) 4.5 3.45 2 101.21 %
Wednesday 21 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AJ Auxerre v Dijon FCO (18:00 GMT) 1.85 3.6 5.7 99.38 %
maximize.gif Evian TG v Montpellier HSC (18:00 GMT) 3.6 3.25 2.4 100.21 %
maximize.gif FC Lorient v SM Caen (18:00 GMT) 1.85 3.5 5.4 101.14 %
maximize.gif Lille OSC v OGC Nice (18:00 GMT) 1.4 4.5 11 102.74 %
maximize.gif Sochaux-Montbéliard v AC Ajaccio (18:00 GMT) 1.7 3.75 6.5 100.87 %
maximize.gif Stade Rennais v Girondins de Bordeaux (18:00 GMT) 2.21 3.3 4 100.55 %
maximize.gif Toulouse FC v Stade Brestois 29 (18:00 GMT) 1.9 3.3 5.5 100.87 %
maximize.gif Valenciennes FC v Olympique Lyonnais (18:00 GMT) 3.35 3.25 2.5 100.62 %
maximize.gif Saint-Étienne v Paris Saint-Germain (20:00 GMT) 3.75 3.25 2.4 99.10 %

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 20-21 December

Event Nancy - Marseille
Selection Marseille
Strength 10/10
Date 20/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.00
Reasoning Marseille won the last game against Lorient scoring the winning goal in added time after being loosing by 0-1 with just 10 minutes to play, and now they want to win anothr three points at Nancy, to end well the year 2011 and continue their persecution to the European places. They cannot loose more points or they risk to be too much far from the European zone. Marseille made a great end game against Lorient and if they play like they did in that ending part of the game they shouldn't have problems in winning at Nancy too. They have one of the best defences of L1 and Nancy the worst attack of the L1.

Event Lille - Nice
Selection Under 2,5
Strength 10/10
Date 21/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.86
Reasoning Lille is unbeaten in the last 16 Ligue 1 games and they are near the top. The most important to them now is to get the three points to continue this great run, as they want to get a place in the next Champions League. But they are failing their scoring levels. Also the games between the two teams use to be balanced and with few goals: 2010/2011 Ligue 1 08/29/2010 Week 4 LOSC Lille Métropole - OGC Nice 1 - 1 2009/2010 Ligue 1 09/27/2009 Week 7 LOSC Lille Métropole - OGC Nice 1 - 1 2008/2009 Ligue 1 05/17/2009 Week 36 LOSC Lille Métropole - OGC Nice 1 - 1 2007/2008 Ligue 1 11/10/2007 Week 14 LOSC Lille Métropole - OGC Nice 1 - 1 2006/2007 Ligue 1 09/30/2006 Week 8 LOSC Lille Métropole - OGC Nice 1 - 0 Like this, and as Lille is full concentrate in get the three points and not in giving spectacle, i think this game will end again with less than three goals.

Event Rennes - Bordeaux
Selection Bordeaux DNB (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.68
Reasoning Rennes is not well, so, why not a Bordeaux win today? Even counting with a Rennes reaction, Bordeaux will play to get a positive result. The confidence in the hosts is not good and the ambition of Bordeaux is to win three points that makes them overpass Rennes in the table. It will not be a easy game but it is not a impossible mission either. Bordeaux has more potential than their place at the moment and their ambition is to climb in the table and they have value to do it. Bordeaux to close the year with a positive result is my prediction before Ligue1 enter in winter break.

Event Rennes - Bordeaux
Selection Bordeaux DNB (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.68
Reasoning Rennes is not well, so, why not a Bordeaux win today? Even counting with a Rennes reaction, Bordeaux will play to get a positive result. The confidence in the hosts is not good and the ambition of Bordeaux is to win three points that makes them overpass Rennes in the table. It will not be a easy game but it is not a impossible mission either. Bordeaux has more potential than their place at the moment and their ambition is to climb in the table and they have value to do it. Bordeaux to close the year with a positive result is my prediction before Ligue1 enter in winter break.
If you wrote "reasoning" then give us damn reason. You wrote the following : Rennes doesn't is not in good form (what everyone can see from any ligue 1 table site) so Bordeaux can win. Bordo will play for win. Rennes has bad form. Game wont be easy but Bordo can win. Bordo has potention to win. Bordo can earn points. Bordo want to have positive results before winter break. Are you serious?! Nobody plays to lose and everyone wants to earn points and everyone has chance of winning. What a nonsense posts.

If you wrote "reasoning" then give us damn reason. You wrote the following : Rennes doesn't is not in good form (what everyone can see from any ligue 1 table site) so Bordeaux can win. Bordo will play for win. Rennes has bad form. Game wont be easy but Bordo can win. Bordo has potention to win. Bordo can earn points. Bordo want to have positive results before winter break. Are you serious?! Nobody plays to lose and everyone wants to earn points and everyone has chance of winning. What a nonsense posts.
I think you are being harsh here to a non native English speaker. He basically means he thinks Bordeaux are are better team than their league position suggests and that Rennes aren't in the best of form. He also adds that Bordeaux have extra motivation because they'll want to end on a high going into the winter break. He obviously thinks there is some value in this line. You complain about reasoning then your next post tells us what you are on but you don't post a single line of your reasoning. Maybe you should tell us why you are going for the picks you have pointed out here?
And btw I am going to play Lille game over 2.5 and Rennes to win.

pls do any body hav an ideal abt this Valenciennes vs Lyon, coz am likin d odds on lyon
Valenciennes has a very good form streak going on, they lost only something like 1 game in their last 10 at home. I won't recommend touching on Lyon as their recent form has not been very stable. :unsure

Valenciennes has a very good form streak going on, they lost only something like 1 game in their last 10 at home. I won't recommend touching on Lyon as their recent form has not been very stable. :unsure
What are you talking about Lyon is on the rise their form right now is the best in months :). I like the odds very much myself, but both PSG and Lyon games can end up draw, so I will have to think carefully all over again :).

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 20-21 December Toulouse> Brest = 1 (1.85) Totosì stake 5 / 10 Toulouse position 7° points 30 Brest position 11° points 20 Preview: Toulouse: Injured: Akpa Akpro (midfielder 10 / 0), E. Riviere (striker 8 / 1); Suspended: Tabanou (midfielder 18 / 2). Brest: Injured: Kantari (defender 0 / 0), Ferradj (midfielder 0 / 0), Guidileye (midfielder 3 / 0), Culma (midfielder 13 / 0), Bigné (midfielder 0 / 0), Ayiti J. (striker 5 / 0 ); Suspended: Grougi (midfielder 15 / 6). The Toulouse has a score in-house w6-d2-l1 goals scored 12 goals against 6 while the Brest has a score out of the house-w0-d5-l4 goals scored 4 goals against 9. The Toulouse drew the last league match away from home with the score 1-1 against Montpellier and the Brest has won the last league game at home with the score 1-0 at Auxerre. Both teams play a football since the very difensivistico Toulouse in 18 games played so far has registered under 13 while outside the home visiting team has scored only 4 goals in 9 games. I think this is a very careful game for both teams to score and with little action, however, considering the many absences in the visiting team more than the disastrous road map out of the house I think Toulouse will win the game with minimal waste. Last season Toulouse has won both games against Brest (2-0 home and 2-0 away). Toulouse has not lost in any of the last 7 meetings. Umut Bulut is the leading scorer for Toulouse with its 4 goals. Bruno Grougi has made ​​6 to Brest. :hope:hope:hope

What are you talking about Lyon is on the rise their form right now is the best in months :). I like the odds very much myself' date=' but both PSG and Lyon games can end up draw, so I will have to think carefully all over again :).[/quote'] Lyon has played 15 games since a draw. They are away against a good home side. My pick is DRAW! :beer

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 20-21 December Auxerre vs Dijon Great match tonight here between two teams in a low form. Home side has 2 wins in last 5 games, while away side has 1 in last 5. Normally Dijon should put problems here, but the goals section is much more safer and interesting for me. 4 of the last 5 ended 2 or 3 goals for home side and 4 of the last 5 games for Dijon were inside that interval. 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 bet365

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 20-21 December Evian TG vs Montpellier Home side almost won a point in Lyon last round, but a mistake of the goalkeeper made them concede a stupid goal. 4 of the last 5 games and 3 of the last home games have been with 2-3 goals for Evian. 1 of the last 5 games were inside the interval of 2-3 goals for away side. 2 or 3 goals is my bet @ 2.00 with bet365

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 20-21 December Lille vs Nice Home side is the ex champion and will try to get back on top of the League. They are meeting 3rd spotted team from bottom range. Nice is a very economic side, especially on away games, losing rarely more than 1 goal difference. home side stayed 3 times in the interval while Nice 4 in last 5 games. 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365

Sport Football (France)
Event Valenciennes - Lyon
Selection Valenciennes
Strength 10/10
Date 21/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 3.20
Reasoning Lyon have won their last 4 league matches. They score a lot of goals, but they concede a lot to. Today they will be without Gonalons and Bastos while CB Lovren and attacker Jimmy Briand, who had a good game last time out, are doubtful, and there participation could be limited. Valenciennes havent lost in their last 19 home games. Recently they halted leaders Montpelliers unbeaten run here. CB Angoua is suspended. Lyon have not managed to take a win at this arena on their last 3 attempts. And Valenciennes home record with the fact that they need 3 points in this tight table, make these odds present value to me. There should be goals in this one, and concidering lyons defense and spaces that will come up for the home team I think they should get a couple at least and hopefully outscore there guests today.

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 20-21 December Rennes vs Bordeaux Home side is in a painful situation with no win in last 5 games. They are undefeated at home with 2 wins only in 9 games. Away side has 3 wins and 1 draw in last 4 games, but away they have a bad record with 1 win and 1 draw in last 5 games. Expect a match with 2-3 goals also here. @ 1.95 bet365

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 20-21 December Sochaux vs Ajaccio Home side has now a big chance for going victorious. They meet a team that won just 12 points so far. Sochaux has 18 and maybe same feeling of winning are having also their opponents tonight. 1 points in last 5 games for home side. 2 points in last 5 games for away side. This is a match that can go in any direction, but I prefer to study goals section. Home side had 3 out of 5 last games home, inside the interval of 2 or 3 goals. Away side has also 3 out of 5 last games away, inside the interval of 2 or 3 goals. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 with bet365

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 20-21 December Toulouse vs Brest Home side is looking god at home and seems that they solved their ineficiency problems they had 5-6 rounds ago. Brest amanged to score everywhere and have been a team that stayed inside this interval of 2-3 goals most of the time: 9 of the last 12 games. Logic bet for me is 2 or 3 goals in the match @ 2.00 with bet365

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 20-21 December Valenciennes vs Lyon Home side is going to produce the surprise tonight as they meet a team that is not losing in last 5 games. Valenciennes is going to sell their skin very expensive and I think they can also score against Lyon. Lyon wasn't too friendly with my approach here, having just 2 games in last 5 inside the interval. Home side ended 4 in last 5 games 2-3 goals. 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 20-21 December Saint Ettiene vs PSG Home side has been so far the most in form team of this period, while PSG is still looking for consistency having just 1 win in last 5 games. PSG is having some good results lately but most if them were home. Saint Ettiene can get closer to the first spots with a win here and this is what they will try to do. Expect a tight game and obviously 2-3 goal sin the match. Home side has been inside that interval in 4 of their last 5 games, while PSG has been there 3 of the last 5 games away. 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365

pls do any body hav an ideal abt this Valenciennes vs Lyon, coz am likin d odds on lyon
You're likin the odds because there's a reason why they d'put those odds. Valenciennes has an "excellent" record at home considering the team is positioned at the end of the table. They're not an easy opponent when at their home. This doesen't mean that Lyon's gonna loose, maybe you should consider Lyon 2 DNB

You are rockin the 2-3 goals' date=' arent you?! :D Interesting type of bet, its always around evens, and 2-3 goals is very likely outcome in lot of games man would think. I try to avoid goal bets nowadays, feels good.[/quote'] Rocking?this guy is -90units so far.just riding his luck as he knows fcuk all about this league :puke don't pay attention.guy doesn't know what he is talking about ;) I bet he never even saw Valenciennes playing.Team actually plays very good at home and i don't think it will be an easy game for Lyon. Val. beat Monteplier at home and drew against Lille.They are unbeaten in last 4 games at home.

Re: France - Ligue 1 - 20-21 December Rennes v Bordeaux under 2.5 goals @1.60 67% of both ren. and Bord. ended with under 2.5 goals.Bord. didn't concede in last 4 matches. while Rennes doesn't score more then 1 goal in last 5 matches.Bordeaux is on a rise lately while rennes lost their form after bright start.

Rocking?this guy is -90units so far.just riding his luck as he knows fcuk all about this league :puke don't pay attention.guy doesn't know what he is talking about ;) I bet he never even saw Valenciennes playing.Team actually plays very good at home and i don't think it will be an easy game for Lyon. Val. beat Monteplier at home and drew against Lille.They are unbeaten in last 4 games at home.
Mahno, dear friend from Ukraine...;) The guy sportxtipster in fact is not going very wrong here. If he is involved in in-play betting too, these picks ( 2-3 Goals ) are not bad at all. First, at odds around evens what he needs ( if singles ) is 5 out of 9 to come right and he is already on profit. Second - the most common results statistically are 1-1, 2-1 and 2-0, no wonder the odds for them are lower in all games. All these results fit in the range the guy is targeting with his bets. Third - 2-3 Goals especially with large stake bets are great at most games in-play games, and a great start to develop a possible ( further ) profit or possibly cover yourself. Of course there are extreme games, I know as I mostly go in-play, for many reasons... To make myself clear I can deliver good calculations, based on 2-3 Goals staked before the game @ 2,00 ( for example ) - if zero, one or 2 goals are scored in the First Half. It will point out that you can come a winner of most bets, or cover all or part of your losses, with in-play action. I don't think that you in particular need this explanations - I hope you see my point, as you are smart enough to figure it out right away ;)...To make my point stronger, statistically more goals are scored in the Second Half, and again ( surprise-surprise odds on Most Goals in Second Half are always lower that First Half or level ) - do I need to say more to you? I don't think so :ok Now does sportxtipster knows French Football well, does he do in-play or does he simply goes for these picks based on stats or else - none of my business really. I often don't like his reasoning, yesterday I posted something about one of his statements in Ligue 2 Thread, some 70-80% based on zero stat-source, which is very dangerous to drop like this in a Forum - people might get mislead...Still, those 2-3 Goals are not bad if you have time enough for in-play - I do in the winter, I am only busy summer time as my avatar says... Good Luck with your bets