** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Blackbelt Poker 6-max turbo Double or Nothing Challenge

deadlydaveLDN

My history of completing challenges is not good. However I don't think many/any of the past ones have had a clear/easily achievable target. This one does, so that will hopefully make me keep going with it. I recently played a couple of live tournaments. Although I didn't cash in either I've come to the conclusion that they are seriously soft, and want to play more. But I don't plan on spending several thousand every month playing in them at a stage where that would kill my bankroll if I run bad for a few months. Enter Black Belt Poker http://www.blackbeltpoker.com/rewards/rewards/ I won't bore you with all the details, but essentially it's really a complex rakeback deal, where you can purcahse live tournament entries or be staked for live tournaments. I've decided that the quickest way to earn belt points is 6-max turbo double or nothings. I will be playing from $11 to $33. Obviously I need to win 55% to break even. I am currently a Orange Belt, meaning I earn 4pts/$ raked. I think I can probably rake around $50/hr, or 200pts. Essentially by the end of this month I will be Purple Belt comfortably. At which point it will be 5pts/$ raked, or 250pts/hr. Again, it will be pretty easy (assuming I'm breaking even/winning in these things) to reach Green Belt. That is the point the challenge will really begin. I think I'll have to play close to 150hrs of mind numbing double or nothings in February to reach Blue Belt (which is where the staking deal begins) -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am aware I have massively criticized this format of poker before. And I still hate it, I just think it's the easiest way to reach my goal. Not sure exactly what I'm going to post in this thread. Probably the occasional bankroll/belt points update. Starting out with a bankroll of £200. I will be more than happy to just break even, but the standard of play I've seen so far, I think a winning % of around 60% is probably going to be quite easy.

Re: Blackbelt Poker 6-max turbo Double or Nothing Challenge Gl with your challenge Dave. Will be following your progress with interest. :hope I used to play (admittedly lower level, up to $11's) Don's and would say the target % is very much achieveable and indeed beatable, especially on ipoker. As with all sng's, it's just the boredom that got to me in the end, missed the buzz of a good tourney. As long as you structure your sessions & breaks and don't push the volume too much when feeling under the weather I'm sure you will do great. You've certainly got the skills to tid. Gl buddy :ok

Re: Blackbelt Poker 6-max turbo Double or Nothing Challenge

My history of completing challenges is not good.
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin Understatement of the year!! :p Your challenges always seem to start off explaining why this challenge is different and will be completed :\ Hope you finish the challenge and achieve your goals :ok

would say the target % is very much achieveable and indeed beatable' date=' especially on ipoker. [/quote'] I say this as very much uninformed opinion and just preconception - so could easily be wrong. Is iPoker, and especially the DoNs not swamped with Bots, "collusion rings" and breakeven rakeback grinders?

Re: Blackbelt Poker 6-max turbo Double or Nothing Challenge Is ipoker actually any worse in terms of this than other platforms GaF? prob not. Indeed ipoker has a strict no rakeback policy, although I appreciate certain skins seem to have got around this in other ways. Just offered up from my own experience (albeit not great volume, but in excess of 1,500 games, on admittedly low buyins and a few years ago now). Happy to dig out my old stats if it helps. I found you can often cash just playing ultra tight with a good icm push/fold. Often less experienced players start to panic when the blinds get high and they'll push quite light in order not to blind out. Alternatively build up a stack early on and punish/push people around but be prepared to fold to resistence. Happy to stand corrected by more experienced players however and ofc totally up to Dave how he approaches these.

I say this as very much uninformed opinion and just preconception - so could easily be wrong. Is iPoker, and especially the DoNs not swamped with Bots, "collusion rings" and breakeven rakeback grinders?
If it is then they're the dumbest bots/collusion rings ever.