** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 19-20

BlueSQ Bet Prem Monday 19 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif York City v Kidderminster Harriers (19:45 GMT) 4/5 14/5 4 101.87 %
Tuesday 20 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hayes & Yeading v Fleetwood Town (19:45 GMT) 5 3 3/5 104.17 %
BlueSQ Bet South Monday 19 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Boreham Wood v Chelmsford City (19:45 GMT) 8/5 5/2 5/4 111.48 %
maximize.gif Sutton United v Truro City (19:45 GMT) 8/13 14/5 10/3 111.30 %
Ryman Prem Monday 19 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Wealdstone v Tooting & Mitcham United (19:45 GMT) 8/15 10/3 7/2 111.25 %
maximize.gif Carshalton Athletic v East Thurrock United (19:45 GMT) 4/7 11/4 7/2 111.36 %
maximize.gif Wingate & Finchley v Bury Town (19:45 GMT) 9/5 13/5 11/10 111.11 %
Evo-Stik Southern Tuesday 20 Dec Hitchin Town v Stourbridge 1 - 2/1 x - 13/5 2 - Evs (Bet365)

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 19-20 One spread trade for me on the live game: York City's Matty Blair's goal minutes at 12 to buy with Sporting. The figure seems quite high for a wideman who has only got a handful of goals this season, though he should start as one of the forward three in a 4-3-3 and most of the boxes are ticked: he's in form, a likely starter, he's up against his old club, and Kidderminster are not the sort of outfit that can be trusted to defend well on the road. And there's a chance the York City wideman will start in a more central role than than he has been doing in recent league games, as York switched to a 3-5-2 in the Trophy replay with Solihull, though this isn't the sort of game in which to be experimenting.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 19-20 Another spread play for me tonight and it's a bit of a novely: penalty goal minutes at 15 with Sporting. It's a curious fact that there have been a lot of penalty incidents in Harriers' games of late, including one missed at Cambridge in the 0-0 and one, oddly, awarded against Bath by the ref and later denied after consultation with the lino. Both sides are progressive enough to give the respective defenders something to thing about and on a zippy pitch and in the likely rain, the conditions won't make defending easy.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 19-20

What do you think about a York win at those odds Ships?
In my view the price is about right, maybe even a tad skinny. If I had to name a winner it would be York but Kiddie on a good run in the league so it wont be easy for them. Its a game to watch and hopefully enjoy and learn from for me, especially as I havent seen York in action yet this season.

What do you think about a York win at those odds Ships?
To be honest, I think the value is gone out of the York price. They are rightly favourites, but home performances have been a mixture of the patchy at the times and the brilliant (though on balance they are excellent at home). Kidderminster look a little too open away, which will give the home side a sniff of interest. I think both sides will score, though conditions may play their part tonight. I'm looking to play total goals on the spreads in running as I see the game having a lot of ebb and flow to it, and I won't be betting on the match prices. I certainly wouldn't put you off York, but personally I'd want a touch more in the price.

In my view the price is about right' date=' maybe even a tad skinny. If I had to name a winner it would be York but Kiddie on a good run in the league so it wont be easy for them. Its a game to watch and hopefully enjoy and learn from for me, especially as I havent seen York in action yet this season.[/quote'] Just had a glance at the BSP wide table and Kidderminster are low on away draw rations, also they are doing better than I thought. Think you're right addpea, too marginal to get involved. Will try and get a racing post tommorow me thinks.

To be honest' date=' I think the value is gone out of the York price. They are rightly favourites, but home performances have been a mixture of the patchy at the times and the brilliant (though on balance they are excellent at home). Kidderminster look a little too open away, which will give the home side a sniff of interest. I think both sides will score, though conditions may play their part tonight. I'm looking to play total goals on the spreads in running as I see the game having a lot of ebb and flow to it, and I won't be betting on the match prices. I certainly wouldn't put you off York, but personally I'd want a touch more in the price.[/quote'] No that's cool Ships, I don't have a massive feeling for York. Interesting what you say about Kidderminster being open away, the wide table reflects this as their away outcomes are polarised: W6 D1 L4 Gentlemen your wisdom as always is much appreciated.

Another spread play for me tonight and it's a bit of a novely: penalty goal minutes at 15 with Sporting. It's a curious fact that there have been a lot of penalty incidents in Harriers' games of late' date=' including one missed at Cambridge in the 0-0 and one, oddly, awarded against Bath by the ref and later denied after consultation with the lino. Both sides are progressive enough to give the respective defenders something to thing about and on a zippy pitch and in the likely rain, the conditions won't make defending easy.[/quote'] Followed you with this one Ships having seen a similar thing in our game on Saturday. When we played at York earlier in the season they attacked us with a lot of pace whereas Kidderminster couldn't cope with AMS' and Willmott's pace when we went there so in the conditions a penalty could easily come. I just hope if it's York who get the penalty that Jason Walker doesn't have another brain explosion in front of the cameras like he did last time he took one on TV else I'll have double reason to hate the bloke :lol.

Followed you with this one Ships having seen a similar thing in our game on Saturday. When we played at York earlier in the season they attacked us with a lot of pace whereas Kidderminster couldn't cope with AMS' and Willmott's pace when we went there so in the conditions a penalty could easily come. I just hope if it's York who get the penalty that Jason Walker doesn't have another brain explosion in front of the cameras like he did last time he took one on TV else I'll have double reason to hate the bloke :lol.
Your fine on the Walker front as hes injured and isnt playing tonight.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 19-20 In my view, Kidderminster at 4.00 for the draw and 5.23 currently for the win are a must take (more on the draw than on the win). I can't really understand odds such as this when we're talking 4th vs 8th on the table, with York winning 7 of their 12 home games and Kiddie losing just 4 of their 11 away. Aside from the dismantling of Kettering, York haven't put too many past anyone...their defense is very good, while Kiddie's defense is sometimes not so great (and they're on a so-so run away), so I understand why they're favored, but even still...I wouldn't expect such great odds on the away side.

In my view' date=' Kidderminster at 4.00 for the draw and 5.23 currently for the win are a must take (more on the draw than on the win). I can't really understand odds such as this when we're talking 4th vs 8th on the table, with York winning 7 of their 12 home games and Kiddie losing just 4 of their 11 away. Aside from the dismantling of Kettering, York haven't put too many past anyone...their defense is very good, while Kiddie's defense is sometimes not so great (and they're on a so-so run away), so I understand why they're favored, but even still...I wouldn't expect such great odds on the away side.[/quote'] Just to add to this, aside from the Kettering game, York have won five of nine games as large home favorites. They beat Barrow, Bath, Braintree, Grimsby, Lincoln. Dogs...Alfreton won here @ 7.6, Telford @ 5.18, and Cambridge and Darlington took a point.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 19-20 Harriers are reverting to 4-5-1 tonight, packing the midfield with Kyle Storer, Jack Byrne and Lee Hendrie. On the flanks will be Callum Gittings and Dave Hankin who will have to be positive to support lone striker, Jamille Matt. On the penalty front, Harriers have themselves been awarded 6 or 7 pens since the end of September. Lee Vaughan has converted 4 of the 5 he has taken - the others were whilst he was suspended. Vaughan is worth a few quid at 10/1 to score anytime with Blue Square. Being a bit contrarian, I think Harriers may be able to keep this tight and, especially in the likely poor conditions, goals could be at a premium. I'm not sufficiently objective, perhaps, but do feel Harriers are decent value at 4/1.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 19-20 Cracking game and the right result in the end - well done to Harriers backers allthethings and Labrador, who got some excellent prices. York, for me, were missing a midfield general and they got back into the game when Kidderminster sat back, a not unreasonable tactic in the circumstances. The pen minutes spread didn't make up although there was a slight profit on the Blair trade - he was bought up massively when the teams were announced and I was tempted to sell out but held on, gaining only an extra couple of points. As you can imagine, trading goals - three to buy before the start - proved pretty lucrative.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 19-20 Im going to back Sutton on the Asian Handicap with Bet 365 at 11/10. Truro are only travelling with a squad of 13 tonight and the manager is having to start his first game of the season (he came on as a sub on Saturday). Its fair to say their results have perked up of late, but they havent faced anyone as good as Sutton. The home side returned to form by beating Welling 4-3 in a thriller on Saturday and I think they should have too much for Truro.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 19-20 Just been out to get the Racing Post. In the BSP they have tipped Wrexham 3pts at 13-5. In my view the prices are probably about right and it seems they are just trying to cover their awful pre-season tips. They have also gone 2pts on Vardy to be top scorer at 11-4. Although I dont think he will leave I do find it a little daft that they dont mention that there is a possibility that he could leave. In the BSN they have tipped Hyde 3pts at 5-4. It seems to be partly based on the fact Staly have only picked up 1 point in their last two games which seems dangerous to me. I think Staly are still the right favs to win the league as I have no doubt they are the best team. Obviously the two games over Christmas and New Year are massive and the best team doesnt always win the league but they find it surprising Hyde arent favs and I dont. The leave the BSS alone which isnt a surprise as its hard to see Woking being caught. They tip Lewes in the Ryman Premier 0.5pts at 8-1. Can understand that one more as I feel they will continue to improve as the season goes on and they already have Lowestoft covered. In the Evo-Stick South they tip Stourbridge 1pt at 7-1 and they already have Brackley covered. The league is wide open for me and Stourbridge would have as good a chance as anyone. They leave the Evo-Stick north alone as Chester are too short and they have already got Hednesford covered.

Im going to back Sutton on the Asian Handicap with Bet 365 at 11/10. Truro are only travelling with a squad of 13 tonight and the manager is having to start his first game of the season (he came on as a sub on Saturday). Its fair to say their results have perked up of late' date=' but they havent faced anyone as good as Sutton. The home side returned to form by beating Welling 4-3 in a thriller on Saturday and I think they should have too much for Truro.[/quote'] Worth pointing out that a number of those Truro players travelling up are carrying long-term knocks. Odd that PaddyPower's handicap price of -1 Sutton has drifted to 9/5.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Dec 19-20 The RP is also tipping Bury Town tonight - at 11/10. You can now get 6/4 at Bet365 as there has been a bit of a plunge on Wingate & Finchley. They've been battling through a crippling injury list and though 11/10 was a poor price, 6/4 is much more attractive about Bury - as we've said on here a number times, Wingate & Finchley are in poor nick after a capable start and they were easily brushed aside by Cray at the weekend. Cray also beat Bury last week at home, by the same 2-0 score, but that was a much closer affair.

Why the gamble on wingate? As you say it makes little sense on the face of it
All I can think is that is has to do with Bury's ropey away record. But they have faced Cray, Lewes, Harrow and Carshalton in the last four, only gaining a single point, but they could easily have got more, and within that sequence they also got a draw at Farnborough in the Trophy. They have also won at AFC Hornchurch this season. They look a bit light on numbers on no worse that they have been for about six weeks now. 6/4 is a bit daft.