** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December

Saturday 17 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Real Mallorca v Getafe (17:00 GMT) 2.16 3.45 3.8 101.60 %
maximize.gif Real Sporting de Gijon v Espanyol (17:00 GMT) 2.32 3.35 3.5 101.53 %
maximize.gif Athletic Bilbao v Real Zaragoza (19:00 GMT) 1.48 4.5 8.5 101.55 %
maximize.gif Sevilla v Real Madrid (21:00 GMT) 8 4.75 1.49 100.67 %
Sunday 18 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Atlético Madrid v Real Betis (11:00 GMT) 1.57 4.33 7 101.00 %
maximize.gif Granada CF v Levante UD (15:00 GMT) 2.58 3.3 3.2 100.31 %
maximize.gif Osasuna v Villarreal (17:00 GMT) 2.2 3.5 3.85 100.00 %
maximize.gif Racing Santander v Real Sociedad (18:45 GMT) 2.28 3.35 3.55 101.88 %
maximize.gif Valencia v Málaga (20:30 GMT) 1.8 3.8 5.25 100.92 %

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December Are Real Madrid not a stupidly good price against Sevilla away? Sevilla have quality going forward but they can't match Madrid, especially not a Madrid going to be highly motivated after just losing the El Classico. 1/2 on some websites, seems like an easy big money maker here.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December Hi Abewe, your nickname to me's gonna be Spamchops! I know what you're saying about the 1/2, Seville so in an out, 2-6 at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán last year, not for me but agree it could look big at 11pm tomorrow Standout for me is Osasuna at home to Villareal, just gotta be layed at 2.16 on Betfair, Osa are a solid outfit at home an it might be being a bit unfair on them to say but if Villareal can defend crosses and set pieces they can hopefully nullify the attacking threat I know the yellow submarine have been in freefall but there's still enough class in the team they are likely to field on sunday to warrant a lay of the home side

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December Atletico Madrid vs Real Betis Atletico Madrid have won their last 3 home games in a row whereas Real Betis have lost their last 6 away games in a row. Got to side with the more in-form home side. 6pts Atletico Madrid to win @ 1.62 BlueSquare

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Mallorca - Getafe
Selection Mallorca -0.25 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 17/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.85
Reasoning Mallorca is in very good shape lately. The team is playing very good football and have no defeat in five straight games now (2-3-0). This form helped the team to climb and to get away from the relegation zone. Their home form however is still way off the standard that the team want to be (3-3-2) and today against a poor away team like Getafe the three points will be really valuable. Mallorca have no problems with injured or suspended players and the only absences are Nunes and Lacrus, but they both have only two games so far this season. Getafe is from the teams that have two different faces. At home they are playing terrificly (4-3-1 and the team won even against Barcelona). Their away form in other hand is just awful, with just one point in seven games (0-1-6 and 16 conceded goals). Pedro Leon is the only big miss for Getafe for the game, but he is out for more than a month now. Mallorca didn't manage to win only two of the nine games that the team had played so far at "Iberostar" against Getafe (7-1-1).

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December Atletico look a good bet this weekend, but they have messed me up TOO many times in the past especially after midweek games. Bilbao also look good at home this weekend but their recent form worries me alot. I don't understand why Javi Martinez is being played in defence all the time and it seems that they can't score nowadays if Llorente doesn't turn up. Real Madrid also look a good bet at 1.50. Can't see anything other than an away win there. Definitely expected that to be shorter. Same with Valencia, Malaga are a good side but at the Mestalla, they should go down to a defeat. Valencia worry me thouhg, I still dont quite understand how they threw that game away last week and they seem to be still getting over losing to Chelsea so easily. The bet of the weekend then has to be Osasuna. They had a 4-3-0 recrod at home this year to Villareals HORRIBLE 0-2-5 record away. Osasuna aren't conceding at home either and without Nilnar, Rossi and others, Villareal lack potency. At odds against, I would say they're the team to be on.

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Ath. Bilbao - Zaragoza
Selection Bilbao - 2 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 17/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.35
Reasoning The guests have not won in their last 8 La liga games, and have not been able to score in their last 4, something that have been significant for Aguirres team the whole season. Their home stats are bad and their away stats worse. They are bottom in the table and this is not the match to turn the tide. Bilbao, always a force at home, is adapting to Bielsas tactics and style, and have had some trouble. Llorentes absence have also effected them. Still they are getting better. A second string team did well to score to away at PSG in EL, and with the dissapointment of only getting a draw at home to Racing last time , they will look to resurect their home form. I dont think the main relegation candidates have much to hope for against a strong and motivated home team, with better quality. Aguirre might not survive past the holidays despite the vote of confidence from the president of the club.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December The odds on Real Madrid at 1.5 was weird(too high)...I back them earlier at that and just checked again with Bet365 and it is now at 1.53.:unsure Read the team news, Real Madrid is just missing Ricardo Cavalho and they plan to field their stars today(most was rested during the last match in Copa Del Ray). Sevilla on the other hand is missing Diego Perotti and plans to field the same squad that lost to Levante last weekend. Of course I'm backing Real Madrid and for whatever reason their odds are like that, maybe it's an early Christmas present :cow

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December I was wondering myself why the price on Real is going up. But I just can't find any bad news on Real. So my guess is that people is taking Sevilla on AH or something like that. But I still think Real will win. And most of the H2H games is in Real advantage. Plus after losing to Barca, Real players will be extra motivated to win and finish this half of season by leading the league. And I took Real -1 my self.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December Yes the more I research this game, the more I want to back Real Madrid. Bet365 currently have Real Madrid at 4/7 which is almost too good to be true. I can only sense that the price will cave when the team news is officially announced so I took Real Madrid-1AH @ 1.875 over at Bet365.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December Sevilla vs Real Madrid Madrid's price is very appealing, i cant see how they will lose this game, they have only lost twice all season, and have won their last 8 away games in all competitions. With only Valencia being the only team to give them a run for their money when they were defeated 3-2. I'd certainly take the Madrid price tonight. Real Madrid to win @ 1/2 skybet

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December Seville vs Real Madrid On this one, I wish nothing but a winning bet for me.. for you too. Ok, lets put it quickly with this bookie, I am in a hurry going to a night club with some girls, hopefully see in the morning betting ticket won. Clos Gomez referee of this match conducted previous season Real Madrid - Seville 14 (9-5) Yellow Cards. In the past season with Real: Hercules - Real 3 Bilbao - Real 8 Real - Espanyol 8 Real - Seville 14 ------------------- Seville - Bilbao 11 Real - Seville 14 2011/12 Real - Getafe 6 So far this year: *One of Sevilla's home games this bet won, 1/8 *Three of Real Marid away games, this bet has won , 3/8 Note: Direct red card = 2 yellow cards My call: 4-6. So, be it .. minimum of 8 yellow cards, dont forget me! Reccomend: Over 7.5 Yellow Cards Asian @ 2.025 Bet365

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December Real Madrid XI to face Sevilla: Casillas; Arbeloa, Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo; Xabi Alonso, Lass; Di María, Callejón, Cristiano; Benzema. Nothing in that XI to suggest Real will struggle tonight. Happy to be on them.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December cards play: 18:00 Santander - Real Sociedad / over 5.5 cards / 1.72 bet365 / stake 7/10 Primera I made this bet on a reffery and I count on him big time here! Carlos Velasco Carbollo had refferied in 6 games this season and he had 5 games over 5,5 cards, so just one game ended under! He likes to show cards and to include in that this game is a derby game of Santander and Sociedad. Of last 12 games we seen 7 red cards! Also this is a relegaton place battel so cards arr to bee seen!

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Osasuna vs. Villareal
Selection Osasuna
Strength 10/10
Date 18/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.10
Reasoning Osasuna Pamplona meets at the Villareal, two teams that have reversed roles from the previous season. The hosts now are fighting for a place in Europe while Villarreal are struggling in bottom of the table. Osasuna ranks 9th with 22 points obtained in 15 steps, have 5 wins, 7 draws and 3 defeats, 19:27 goal average. In seven matches played at home, Osasuna won no less than 4 wins and 3 draws, without suffering any defeat, had 11 goals scored and only 4 received, and in the last 4 games have achieved 2 wins and 2 draws. It seems that after the shock suffered in the match against Real Madrid 7:1, coached by Mendilibar team woke up. They managed to establish itself at Espanyol with 2:1 and the same score at home to Betis, and drew in the last round 1:1 to Malaga, the team with demands. In the mid-week win to Almeria with 3:1 in the Cup. Villareal is a disappointment this season, reached 17 in the rankings with 15 points from 15 games, had three wins, six draws and six defeats, only 12 goals scored and 21 received. In eight trips failed to get any win, 3 draws and 5 defeats "yellow submarine" is balance, 2:13 goal difference. The Champions League was a disappointment considering that failed to achieve any point in the group. In the mid week drew 1:1 with Mirandes in Cup. Previous season, Osasuna won with 1:0.

Seville vs Real Madrid On this one, I wish nothing but a winning bet for me.. for you too. Clos Gomez referee of this match conducted previous season Real - Seville with 14 (9-5) Yellow Cards. Note: Direct red card = 2 yellow cards My call: 4-6. So, be it .. minimum of 8 yellow cards, dont forget me! Reccomend: Over 7.5 Yellow Cards Asian @ 2.025 Bet365
FT: 5-7 YC :drums

Atletico Madrid vs Real Betis Atletico Madrid have won their last 3 home games in a row whereas Real Betis have lost their last 6 away games in a row. Got to side with the more in-form home side. 6pts Atletico Madrid to win @ 1.62 BlueSquare
So much for the home form. Sadly Atletico was unable to take advantage of their chances of scoring goals and even failed to come back to win when Real Betis had a man sent off with 30mins more to go. -6pts :(

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December (3/10) Levante (+0) to bt. Grenada @ 2.18 with Pinnacle Why are Levante even the underdogs here? Surely they have not given up all hope just yet and they will bounce back from the slump sooner or later. This opponent is definitely beatable and I do not see them getting beaten by a completely inferior side.

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Osasuna - Villarreal
Selection Villarreal +0.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 18/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.70
Reasoning I'm going with the away team here. It's just a matter of time before Villarreal finally get over that shock at the start of the season and start climbing in the table. The team was struck with a lot of injuries all season so far and there is no surprise that they are in the bottom half of the table. Villarreal is playing terrible away from home so far (0-3-5) with just two goals scored in those eight games. Juan Garrido again will not have the chance to count on his best squad - Catala, De Guzman and the long absent Rossi are all out, but still the yellow submarine can take at least a point from this visit. Osasuna is in great form. The team lost only once in their last eight games in La Liga (1:7 against Real Madrid). Also Osasuna still have no defeat at their home ground (4-3-0), but even with this great stats I will go against them tonight. Kike Sola and Marc Bertran will be the two big absents for the team.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December Im with Czech Punter,Grenada look to be the weaker side of the two,saying that Levante have been put in their place really recently.The one thing about Grenada is that lack goals and thats not goona change,so im always be willing to take them on. Juanlu has hit 4 goals away from home for Levante,back him for 1st goalscorer at 11 various bookies Levante (0) a/h 2.1 bet365 - 3pts Juanlu 1st goalscorer 11/1 skybet - 1pt

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December Sport Football (Spain) Event Valencia - Malaga Selection Over 2.5 Strength 10/10 Date 18/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.88 Reasoning In last season here Valencia won 4:3. In this moment Valencia players are bad run, out from Champions League, lost against Betis on away and draw against poor Cadiz in Cup. Players want break bad streak tonight. Malaga for sure feel chances for three points and go with defense tactic at Mestalla. I see open match with minimum 3 goals.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 17-18 December Santander - Sociedad: Draw @ 3.30 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 There isn't much difference between the teams, I think. Santander is in 19th place with 13 points and Sociedad is in 16th place with 16 points. Both teams have a 2-3-3 record in the last 8 matches. Being at the bottom of the table, I think both teams will make avoiding defeat a priority and this increases the chances of the draw result. The odds for the draw are worth the risk between to similar teams in terms of form and quality.

Santander - Sociedad: Draw @ 3.30 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 There isn't much difference between the teams, I think. Santander is in 19th place with 13 points and Sociedad is in 16th place with 16 points. Both teams have a 2-3-3 record in the last 8 matches. Being at the bottom of the table, I think both teams will make avoiding defeat a priority and this increases the chances of the draw result. The odds for the draw are worth the risk between to similar teams in terms of form and quality.
Yes! :clap