** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: KFC Big Bash League

kevshat

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash League Freak of a knock from Wright well and truly put paid to that, cant believe the Hurricanes cough up 200 two games on the trot! Birt was unlucky to go the way he did, he stays and I think they chase it down with a couple of overs to spare. 28 from an over with two dot balls and a wicket :lol I must say I dont pay attention to these things to closely, but are there no free hits in this comp? Think thats me done for the match betting now, have an outright on Strikers that isnt looking great but still gives me a bit of interest until the real cricket starts on the 17th :ok

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash League I have no pics here so am going off what I read on cric info, but Birt played on after a no ball, presuming it must have been a high delivery and not front foot? Agree Strikers are far to skinny considering their patchy form so far.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash League Yeah it was a waist high full toss Alf. Shame really because he looked like he was going to have the target covered with balls to spare even despite Wright's pyrotechnics. I fancy the Sixers myself but I'm not sure I have enough faith on their batting line up to take them so I'll just hope I'm wrong for the sake of the Adelaide outright.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash League Not the kind of bet I usually go for but I like the look of Borgas and Rohrer to top score for their respective sides, both priced @ 6/1 with Paddys. Both solid middle order batsmen capable of swinging the lumber when need be. The less than solid batting lineups on both sides mean every chance of these getting a fair amount of overs in the middle. Will never forget Borgas making me more than a few quid when I backed Scotland mid innings against Ireland last summer, more of the same please! :notworthy

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash League No joy with the Hurricanes the other day so back to +17.74 for the tournament now. Will have a go at Thursday's match. 3pts Brisbane Heat to beat Melbourne Renegades 13/10 Bet365 I've been critical of Brisbane Heat in this tournament but the signs have been there in the last couple of matches that they might be getting their act together. To plunder over 200 against the Hobart bowling attack is no mean effort and they held their nerves together at the death when a side who had lost all their matches up until then would be expected to surrender meekly. That bodes well for them here because they are up against the tournament's biggest disappointments in the Melbourne Renegades. Their star studded batting line up hasn't truely fired yet and Afridi aside their bowling attack has done very little despite being full of international players. Brisbane will take a spin trio of Daniel Vettori, Nathan Hauritz and Roelof van der Merwe to Melbourne. The latter could be a massive threat with the bat too. With Hayden in good form and the likes of van der Merwe and Daniel Christian capable of hitting a long ball and the spin trio able to strange sides Brisbane could go well here. If the Renegades fire to their full potential with bat and ball they should have too much for the Heat but given that it hasn't happened yet I'll take Brisbane to cause a bit of an upset and keep their slim hopes of qualifying alive.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash League Hey Kev.. you are quite a Pro in predicting the results.. :clap I never noticed this website, and in some loss in big bash as yet.. Also unhappy with the fact that there is no prediction for todays match of Brisbane Heat Vs Sydney Thnder.. :cry even though there was 5 days gap.. Hoping to find the prediction before the match starts.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash League The Heat won that last bet for me so I'm now up to +21.64pts overall as we enter the last few matches. Double header on Wednesday and I'll take one in it. 4pts Hobart Hurricanes to beat Melbourne Renegades 4/5 Ladbrokes Hobart Hurricanes know a win will give them a home semi final here and I expect them to achieve that against a Renegades side who has disappointed all competition and who have decided to rest a few players ahead of getting back to the rest of the domestic season. Abdul Razzaq has come and gone from the team and one or two others are being saved. Hobart Hurricanes appear to still be without Ricky Ponting and Ben Hilfenhaus even though the Australia players have been released to play in the Sydney/Perth match but even if they are missing the Hurricanes are going perfectly well without them. Owais Shah and Travis Birt are firing with the bat while the likes of Jason Krejza, Xavier Doherty and Rana Naved all bowl well in Tazzy conditions. With the Renegades motivation having to be questionable and Hobart wanting the win I think the 4/5 on the home side is a safe bet knowing we're on the side who will be leaving nothing behind in their performance.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash League Adelaide have been knocked out so I come into the semi finals +20.84pts overall. The first semi final is on Saturday and I'll take one. 4pts Melbourne Stars to beat Perth Scorchers 11/10 Blue Square I think the Stars are a big price here. This is that classic semi final situation where a team has played so well all season and cruised into the semi final and they have to face the side who have finished with a flourish and who come into the match in good spirits and so often the side with all the momentum go on and win the match and I think that will happen here. Melbourne Stars have won their last three matches and have a lot of big game players. Their batting line up took time to click into gear but now that it has they are becoming a very dangerous side indeed. There was no way a cricket team with Shane Warne in it were going to disappear from this tournament without leaving their mark on it and they could well end up going into the final. Perth lost their last match albeit by just the one run and they had already achieved what they had set out to do by then in getting a home semi final. When these two met at the MCG earlier in the competition there were just 8 runs in it. Melbourne's batting line up hadn't clicked into gear at that stage but now that it has I think they can overturn that defeat and go to the WACA and pick up the win which will send them into next week's final.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash League Melbourne lost that semi final to leave me +16.84pts. The final of the tournament is on Saturday and while I think the Sixers could well win it with their knowledge of how to win from the New South Wales guise I think the odds are about right with Perth having the home advantage. So I'll take my 16.84pts and run but good luck to anyone who plays anything in the final.

Re: Cricket: KFC Big Bash League Very well played kevshat. I'm new to this forum and too late for the Big Bash, though I did post my analysis elsewhere and had a very successful tournament. Next in Australia we have the Australia v India T20 Series, Commonwealth Bank ODI Tri-Series and Ryobi Cup conclusion - all in the next couple of weeks. You seem to have a very good read on the Australian cricket summer so if you put threads up for these I'm more than happy to contribute and collaborate. Am waiting on the ODI squad announcements but have done analysis and taken positions on the other two already.