** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 17

BlueSQ Bet North Saturday 17 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Blyth Spartans v Altrincham FC (15:00 GMT) 9/5 13/5 11/10 111.11 %
maximize.gif Colwyn Bay v Worcester City (15:00 GMT) 5/4 5/2 8/5 111.48 %
maximize.gif Droylsden v Corby Town (15:00 GMT) 6/5 13/5 13/8 111.33 %
maximize.gif Eastwood Town v Workington (15:00 GMT) 13/8 13/5 6/5 111.33 %
maximize.gif FC Halifax Town v Hinckley United (15:00 GMT) 4/7 11/4 7/2 111.36 %
maximize.gif Gloucester City v Bishop's Stortford (15:00 GMT) 4/6 14/5 3 111.32 %
maximize.gif Guiseley v Boston United (15:00 GMT) 8/11 11/4 11/4 111.23 %
maximize.gif Histon v Gainsborough Trinity (15:00 GMT) 9/5 13/5 11/10 111.11 %
maximize.gif Hyde FC v Vauxhall Motors (15:00 GMT) 2/5 10/3 5 111.17 %
maximize.gif Nuneaton Town v Harrogate Town (15:00 GMT) 8/15 14/5 4 111.53 %
maximize.gif Solihull Moors v Stalybridge Celtic (15:00 GMT) 2 13/5 1/1 111.11 %
BlueSQ Bet South Saturday 17 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Basingstoke Town v Chelmsford City (15:00 GMT) 6/4 12/5 7/5 111.08 %
maximize.gif Dartford v Dorchester Town (15:00 GMT) 8/11 11/4 11/4 111.23 %
maximize.gif Eastbourne Borough v Weston-super-Mare (15:00 GMT) 4/5 13/5 13/5 111.11 %
maximize.gif Eastleigh v Boreham Wood (15:00 GMT) 6/5 13/5 13/8 111.33 %
maximize.gif Farnborough v Bromley (15:00 GMT) 8/11 11/4 11/4 111.23 %
maximize.gif Salisbury City v Maidenhead United (15:00 GMT) 4/6 14/5 3 111.32 %
maximize.gif Staines Town v Dover Athletic (15:00 GMT) 9/5 13/5 11/10 111.11 %
maximize.gif Sutton United v Welling United (15:00 GMT) 5/4 5/2 8/5 111.48 %
maximize.gif Thurrock v Woking (15:00 GMT) 5 10/3 2/5 111.17 %
maximize.gif Tonbridge Angels v Havant & Waterlooville (15:00 GMT) 1/1 13/5 2 111.11 %
maximize.gif Truro City v Hampton & Richmond (15:00 GMT) 1/1 13/5 2 111.11 %

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 17 Workington away at Eastwood Town (2.54 Titanbet) I'm going to have a try again with Workington. Since August, Eastwood have only beaten Vauxhall Motors, and though this is priced up as an even relegation battle I think Workington have more solid claims: as I was arguing a few weeks back, Worko are getting better, despite a miserable away record. They played decently at home to Halifax and away at Nuneaton and had their moments at Guiseley, though they lost all these games narrowly. Goalscoring is an issue, and with Jonny Wright still on the sidelines for a spell, it’s not going to get any easier. Darren Edmonson has been criticised this season, but that’s unfair I think – he’s been working miracles with a small squad, and he hasn’t had much of a pack to shuffle, but that may change today as some loanees come in. Whatever team they put out tomorrow, they are in much ruder health than Eastwood, whose off the field trials have been well documented here. Boss John Ramshaw has been critical of the squad he has to manage - “someone else’s team,” is how he puts it, which won’t exactly lift spirits in the dressing room before this crucial games. He's trying to address things: Peter Knox is a surprising returnee from Frickley, and they boast Liam Francis in defence, and the squad on paper looks to be better than their current position, but they've no home wins since August and are nowhere near at the moment.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 17 Weston-super-Mare away at Eastbourne Borough (3.98 10Bet) I've been bullish about both sides of late, but there's no doubt that Eastbourne are struggling to get the blend right at home - their only win in six at home in all competitions was against Ryman 1 N side AFC Sudbury (and that a pretty fortunate one). Weston are much improved this season, though to be fair find it hard close games out away and they also have some absentees to deal with this weekend. Even so, at this price - much higher than my own price - they are a very sporting play.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 17 Afternoon chaps, my first day posting on here. Bit of background information, for my sins I am a lifelong Dover Athletic fan and we've certainly had some highs and lows in the 20 years I've been a fan. Looking at our game away to Staines this weekend, I can't see past us. We had been struggling for goals and had a few poor performances but Nicky Forster is starting to make his mark on the squad. We've released 5 in the last 10 days, are on the verge of signing Eastbourne Borough captain Elphick, and had a confidence-boosting 4-0 win over Bromley at the weekend. Tomorrow we travel to Staines who sit in 21st in the league, winning only 2 of their 9 home games so far, and I think we have too much for them. My tips for our game tomorrow are the straight win @ 1.90 (bet365) and if I were to be pushed for a correct score, I like the look of 3-1 to us @ 15.00 (also bet365). Good luck all :)

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 17

Afternoon chaps, my first day posting on here. Bit of background information, for my sins I am a lifelong Dover Athletic fan and we've certainly had some highs and lows in the 20 years I've been a fan. Looking at our game away to Staines this weekend, I can't see past us. We had been struggling for goals and had a few poor performances but Nicky Forster is starting to make his mark on the squad. We've released 5 in the last 10 days, are on the verge of signing Eastbourne Borough captain Elphick, and had a confidence-boosting 4-0 win over Bromley at the weekend. Tomorrow we travel to Staines who sit in 21st in the league, winning only 2 of their 9 home games so far, and I think we have too much for them. My tips for our game tomorrow are the straight win @ 1.90 (bet365) and if I were to be pushed for a correct score, I like the look of 3-1 to us @ 15.00 (also bet365). Good luck all :)
Hi Jack - and welcome to the non-league forum at PL! To be honest, I can't see a great deal in the price. Dover are better man for man, and I'd make them favourites, but I'd set a price of around 11/10 for them - I always do my own prices and look for those games where I believe I have an edge. Staines have been terrible this season, but they have improved considerably in the past few weeks - five unbeaten now (albeit against poorish opposition); Dover also look to be improving but that's based on a single result against a very poor Bromley outfit, although the recent squad changes look very interesting. Best of luck, though, and I look forward to your insights on Dover for the rest of the season - they are definitely on the watchlist for next season's anteposts!

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 17

Hi Jack - and welcome to the non-league forum at PL! To be honest, I can't see a great deal in the price. Dover are better man for man, and I'd make them favourites, but I'd set a price of around 11/10 for them - I always do my own prices and look for those games where I believe I have an edge. Staines have been terrible this season, but they have improved considerably in the past few weeks - five unbeaten now (albeit against poorish opposition); Dover also look to be improving but that's based on a single result against a very poor Bromley outfit, although the recent squad changes look very interesting. Best of luck, though, and I look forward to your insights on Dover for the rest of the season - they are definitely on the watchlist for next season's anteposts!
Thanks :) We should've been on watchlists for the following season's anteposts for a few years now ;) but maybe next year will be our year. Always respect your opinions, maybe it's my bias but I'd have marked us up at 4/6 for this one so was delighted to see the odds offered. I accept they've gone on a bit of an unbeaten run but can't see much in their wins over Thurrock, Maidenhead and Folkestone - most teams in the league should manage 7, or 9, points against them. And a bit of breaking news for you - we've just signed Terry Dixon on loan. 6 foot 1, 21 year old striker from Bradford City. Started off at Spurs and West Ham, also represented Ireland at under 16, 17 and 21 levels. Can't wait to see him in action.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 17 Yes, I saw the Terry Dixon news and I understand your excitement, though it's fair to say he hasn't made much impact yet either at Bradford C or anywhere else, so it's hard to judge (he was on loan at Stevenage last season). Staines have been wrestling with squad issues all season, and haven't had a settled starting XI even through the unbeaten run, and they'll be missing Mark Nwokeji (injured anyway) and Gareth Risbridger tomorrow, along with a couple of long-termers. Ali Chaaban is the one to watch up front for them - when he's on song he's an imperious performer at this level; when he's not, he's hilarious to watch as he blames his team mates for everything! They've rejigged the defence a bit in recent weeks and it was one of the slowest turning back fours in the section. Dover can definitely get three points; my only quibble is the price.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 17 Great to have another fan on here. I won plenty backing Dover last year and they pretty much became my second side I had seen them play that much. Heres my tips anyway. Blyth Spartans v Altrincham I fully admit that you never know what you are going to get from Altrincham, especially away from home, but at Sportingbet’s 13/10 I have to get involved as they take on the bottom side in the Blue Square North. Altrincham did actually win their last away game and an impressive victory it was as well against Halifax. If they can improve their away form there is no doubt they can still get into the play-off picture as they have a strong team and this looks a good game for them to put back to back away victories together for the first time this season. Blyth may have sacked their manager in the week but I’m not sure what difference it will make as you still have a team who have forgotten how to win and have won only twice in the league all season. Altrincham have a much better side and should really be odds on to win this match. The fact they aren’t means I have to get involved despite the away form up to now. Solihull Moors v Stalybridge Celtic Here we have another team in Stalybridge who should be odds on but aren’t. There is little doubt in my mind that they are the best team in the Blue Square North this season and they should be able to ease past Solihull. I do have to add that the hosts have been in very good form at home as they have won five of their last six league games there. I think it is fair to say though that the run of fixtures has been reasonably kind and Celtic pose an altogether different proposition. Paddy Power and bwin are both 6/5 about an away win. Thurrock v Woking Woking really do look a class above their Blue Square South opposition this season and it would be a pretty massive shock if they are not playing Blue Square Premier football next season. I have seen them in action three times this season and I get the feeling I haven’t even seen them at their best. Obviously they have impressed me but given what I have read about them in reports they have put in much better performances especially recently. They have had a tricky set of fixtures having to play Dover, Chelmsford, Sutton and Dartford (the teams currently in third, fourth, fifth and sixth positions in the league) in four of their last five games, but they won three of them and drew against Chelmsford. Only second place Welling have managed to beat them in the Blue Square South all season and it would be a massive shock should bottom side Thurrock be the second team. Thurrock had a change of manager and some new players prior to the game against Eastleigh on Saturday, but it didn’t stop the rot and were flattered by a 3-2 score line given they got two late goals to make it look better than it was. Thurrock’s home form is a sorry state as well as they have only picked up two points, scored five goals and conceded 24. Woking’s class really should tell and if they don’t win by two goals or more I would be pretty surprised. Blue Square have them at 10/11 on the handicap and that looks the bet of the weekend.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 17 Hyde -2AH , 3.55 bet365 , 10units Hyde used to fight against relegation until last season and they were even saved once because one of the other teams that were above them in the rankings got relegated because they did not have enough money to compete in this league . Last season they did ok and for some periods were among the best performers in the league . This season they are the best . Stalybridge is also good but I think they can not keep the pace especially because they will have congested schedule in the following months so Hyde with more rest between games and I think slightly better team should outlast them . Vauxhall Motors were better than hyde two seasons ago but now Hyde went up and they are still near the bootm and fighting against relegation . Both teams play games with lots of goals scored so the odds for over 3.5 are small and because of that I will bet Hyde to win by at least two . They won 4:1 but were 4:0 up until 90th in their previous home game against a team of similar quality to Vauxhall so they should not have much trouble if any scoring 4 goals today.