** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December

Spooner

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December Game: Chelsea v Man City Prediction: In my opinion both teams will be trying to go for the win and at the very least to avoid defeat. Usually i would dismiss this game as a game where city would win (perhaps not comfortably), but home advantage is REAL, and we could well see chelsea produce a result. I think the outcome of this game is too hard to call, but if i were to take a guess, i would say CITY TO AVOID DEFEAT. Picks: Some good picks in my opinion include Over 1.5/2.5 Goals @ 1.22/1.75. Both Teams to Score @ 1.59 I definitely see goals in this match, and i see at least one of the teams scoring 2 goals at least before taking their foot off the gas. a one goal winning margin in the game against either of these sides is not safe and im sure they will go for another. I see City having at least a goal in this game, so if Chelsea score early, both teams to score would be close to a certainty. 60/65 points or more @ 2.50/3.30 Ramires/ Bosingwa to be booked @ 2.49/ 3.50 If you are thinking of going into the cards market i think these picks are good choices. I wont be surprised if it turns out to be a feisty game so i wouldnt mind going overs in the card index. Also, Bosingwa is very bad defensively and i think he will struggle against Nasri or whoever he comes up against and should get booked. Ramires is i think an obvious choice (if you think someone from Chelsea will get booked). he isnt afraid to tackle and should city go on the counter and break, im sure he will be the one chasing down the city player and "taking one for the team" I honestly dont EVER bet on the cards market, so i might not be the best guide. I have taken up Over 1.5 Goals @ 1.22 (I accumulated that with Real v Barce Over 1.5 goals and Stoke v Tottenham over 1.5 goals to get a rate of 1.90-ish) in one of my bets. All prices from Sportsbet Aus

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December

Chelsea - Manchester City Eleven out of fourteen Chelsea games ended up with at least 3 goals. Also conceded at least a goal in ten games this season. Games against top sides: Man. United 3 - 1 Chelsea Chelsea 3 - 5 Arsenal Chelsea 1 - 2 Liverpool Twelve out of fourteen Manchester City Premier League games ended up with at least 3 goals. Eleven games ended up with at least 4 goals. Also conceded goals in 10 games out of 14. Games agains top sides: Tottenham 1 - 5 Manchester City Man. Uniten 1 - 6 Manchester City Liverpool 1 - 1 Manchester City So we see both sides scoring and conceding. Specially Chelsea against top sides. And I hope this games will be no different, with at least 3-4 goals. Over 3 goals 2.20 bet365
For the same reasons I'm also taking Manchester City over 1.5 goals 2.37 bet365

Chelsea v Man City - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.73
:welcome to PL :ok Please have a read of the rules and be aware that these threads are for picks with reasoning ;) Any picks on there own need to go in the midweek/weekend bets thread :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December Blackburn +0.5 @ 2.09 :( Could not hold on for the draw, conceding a goal in injury time Tottenham @ 2.05 :@ Well that was a farce, more dodgy refereeing denied Spurs the win Season record: 61-80 (+10.45) Chelsea - Man City over 3.5 @ 2.90 centrebet With a win here, Chelsea go 3rd, and they will be looking to continue on from their succesive 3-0 wins over Newcastle and Wolves. They have scored at least 3 goals in 5 of their last 6 home games, so they do find the back of the net, and with Man City likely to be without Richards, Kolarov and maybe Zabaleta in defence, then this Chelsea attack looks good to add to the goals they have scored at home, as City have also allowed goals in each of their last 6 games. However they have been able to win their games due to their ability to score goals, as they too have scored at least 3 goals in 5 of their last 6 games. Chelsea have conceded in 6 of their last 7 games at home, and are without Luiz in defence, while their doubts about Bosingwa. With both sets of defences missing key players, and their respective attacks scoring goals, then can see goals being scored in this game

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December Chelsea vs Manchester City - Draw @ 3.6 Betfair For me, it was a toss up between either taking City or a Draw, both of which offered very good odds imo. However, because of Chelsea's recent recovery of form, I think the draw is probably the most likely result. City have been very impressive this season, but only managed a 1-1 draw away at Liverpool a few weeks ago. For me, Chelsea and Liverpool are of a similar standard, so it's by no means unlikely that the result of tonight's game will be a draw. And, at 3.6, it's great value. I'm going for a high scoring match this evening - Chelsea's defence are shaky but they are also more than capable of scoring a few themselves - so Over 3.5 goals @ 3.1 Betfair is a good bet, and I may also put some money on 2-2 or even 3-3.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December Chelsea - Man City Over 2.5 @ 1.74 Sportingbet In the prem this season only 3 of City's game have gone under 2.5 and only 2 of the Blues have gone under 2.5. Hopefully this can make up for my losses on the Spurs game :cry

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December Chelsea - Manchester City: Chelsea @ 2.50 (Stan James) 10/10 I believe the odds offered for Chelsea's win are attractive. Both teams have top quality rosters. Chelsea has stumbled at times and finds itself 10 points out of 1st place in 5th place. Man City is having a great year thus far while sitting in 1st place and remains undefeated. Chelsea has regained some form recently and has won 3 out of 4 recent matches where they kept a clean sheet in all three. Furthermore, Chelsea confidently defeated Valencia last week (3-0) to advance to the next CL round. Hence, confidence should be good in the Chelsea camp. No doubt, Man City, with an overall record of 12-2-0, will be a tough opponent for Chelsea. But, Man City may still be thinking about the failure to advance in the CL and could feel the pressure of maintaining 1st place in the ultra competitive Premier League. Man City, it should be remembered, are not use to the pressure of being the top team. In the end, I believe Chelsea's home advantage will win the day and the odds are well worth the risk of the bet.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December Chelsea v Man City - Chelsea -1 H'cap @ 4/1 Betfred (3/10) It is a tricky game to call but I do feel that if Chelsea will win this match then it'll likely be by two goals or more. My reason for this is in the 9 matches Chelsea have won this season at the bridge 8 of those 9 have been by two goals or more, they're looking more clinical upfront despite Torres not hitting form yet. Defensively they are looking a little more sounder and although City are an undefeated side + scoring for fun, I think Chelsea can keep them pretty quiet this evening. If Chelsea can take the lead then we could see them double that advantage later in the game with City doing everything they can to protect their unbeaten record, as I say not a hugely confident pick but just a general opinion that if Chelsea do win, it could be two goals or more and a big price difference 6/4 v 4/1.

Norwich V Newscastle Have to expect goals here. Newcastle missing defenders S Taylor & Coloccini, and defensive midfielder Tiote is not expected to be back. Newcastle's defence has been fairly solid this year, but I think I am right in saying the back 4 were ever-presents, and so to now miss arguably their 2 best defenders is a big blow. Also Ryan Taylor looked very ropey against Chelsea last week, Sturrige had a field day. Some stats: -In Norwich's 7 home games, there have been 22 goals - F12 A10 Avg 3.14 -In their last 3 homes, there were 12 goals - F6 A6 Avg 4.00 -Norwich have yet to keep a clean sheet in 14 games -Both teams to score has landed in 12 of the 14 games -At home they conceded 3 to Blackburn, who are relatively free scoring (6th highest in PL) -Also failed to shut out QPR, Sunderland, Swansea & WBA - all struggling for goals this season -After opening clean sheets away to QPR & Sunderland, Newcastle have failed to have a shut out in their last 5, with both teams to score landing in all 5. Even before the Newcastle injuries, stats showed goals in this game. With these key missings at the back for Newcastle, I think it seals the deal. 3pts Both Teams To Score @1.75 - Blue Square 2pts Over 2.5 goals @1.92 - Betfair :hope
Brilliant analysis; I even won on any unquoted which requires either team to score 4 goals.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December hey guys , what do you think about over 9.5 corners in chalsea game??? , odds are ~ 1.8 , i think that if one of thoes teams will score then the other team will try to bounce back and that means more attacks and more corners+ i also saw that i this last EPL round there was only 2 games where was under 9.5 corners.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December Chelsea v Man City-Over 1.5 2nd half goals @ 10/11 City have gone over this line 13/14 times. Chelsea have passed it 6/7 at home and City have passed it 6/7 away so represents great value at these odds. Will probly be sticking my free in game bet with Bet365 on next scorer Ballotelli if he plays.

hey guys ' date=' what do you think about over 9.5 corners in chalsea game??? , odds are ~ 1.8 , i think that if one of thoes teams will score then the other team will try to bounce back and that means more attacks and more corners+ i also saw that i this last EPL round there was only 2 games where was under 9.5 corners.[/quote'] Corners are very hard to predict. Obviously if one side scores, the other side will attack and be more likely to get corners, but you don't know when the first goal will be scored. And the defending side will try to prevent corners of course. Some sides are good at stopping the other side getting corners - I think Man City are good at this. And lots of goals doesn't necessarily mean lots of corners. The Chelsea v Arsenal game had 8 goals (it finished 3-5), but only 5 corners (the corner count was 3-2 to Chelsea). Current corner odds with Bet365 are: Over 10.5 @ 1.8 Under 10.5 @ 1.9 Corner Match Bet (Most Corners) odds are: Chelsea 1.61 Draw 7.5 Man City 2.75

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December I agree with the view that there will be plenty of goals in this game. The stats speak for themselves, and with the defensive injuries already mentioned to both teams, surely this game is crying out for Over 2.5 Goals (1.75 @ bet365) I'm still mulling over what to use my free £50 in-play bet for.....I think an anytime goalscorer would be a decent shout. Need to wait for the team lineup, but possibbly Balotelli anytime (3.1 @ bet365)

Corners are very hard to predict. Obviously if one side scores, the other side will attack and be more likely to get corners, but you don't know when the first goal will be scored. And the defending side will try to prevent corners of course. Some sides are good at stopping the other side getting corners - I think Man City are good at this. And lots of goals doesn't necessarily mean lots of corners. The Chelsea v Arsenal game had 8 goals (it finished 3-5), but only 5 corners (the corner count was 3-2 to Chelsea). Current corner odds with Bet365 are: Over 10.5 @ 1.8 Under 10.5 @ 1.9 Corner Match Bet (Most Corners) odds are: Chelsea 1.61 Draw 7.5 Man City 2.75
I agree with that. Corner bets are very unpredictable and I stopped doing them.

Corners are very hard to predict. Obviously if one side scores, the other side will attack and be more likely to get corners, but you don't know when the first goal will be scored. And the defending side will try to prevent corners of course. Some sides are good at stopping the other side getting corners - I think Man City are good at this. And lots of goals doesn't necessarily mean lots of corners. The Chelsea v Arsenal game had 8 goals (it finished 3-5), but only 5 corners (the corner count was 3-2 to Chelsea). Current corner odds with Bet365 are: Over 10.5 @ 1.8 Under 10.5 @ 1.9 Corner Match Bet (Most Corners) odds are: Chelsea 1.61 Draw 7.5 Man City 2.75
ok , thanks for your opinion :) i will try over 9.5 corners with small stake , because i really can't predict the winner of this game.... :\

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December Chelsea were beaten by Arsenal and Liverpool at Stamford bridge and Manchester City should stand a good chance get to something out of tonight's game. Chelsea defense is not as formidable as it was these last few years, and with players like Aguero, Balotelli and Silva they will be under tremendous pressure tonight. The battle in midfield could well decide the outcome of this match and Yaya Toure, De Jong and Barry look set to have the upper hand on the likes of Mereiles,Lampard and Mikel. With previous write ups making a good case for overs, I will bet on City to win or draw with 3 or more goals scored in this match. 2.62 Ladbrokes.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December i just read the news. Drogba is being hunted by Chinese clubs and Chelsea is only reluctantly offering him a year's extension on his contract. Here's it http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2073019/Didier-Drogba-follow-Nicolas-Anelka-Shanghai.html?ito=feeds-newsxml My guess is that should have an effect on Chelsea tonight and I think I would be backing City instead:hope

i just read the news. Drogba is being hunted by Chinese clubs and Chelsea is only reluctantly offering him a year's extension on his contract. Here's it http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2073019/Didier-Drogba-follow-Nicolas-Anelka-Shanghai.html?ito=feeds-newsxml My guess is that should have an effect on Chelsea tonight and I think I would be backing City instead:hope
It really shouldn't. The whole contract issue has been knocking around for a while and it hasn't affected Drogba's performance in recent games where he has been getting better and better.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December Discipline: Football - England: Premier League Meeting: Chelsea - Manchester City Type: Over 5.5 cards Rate: 2.20 Rate: 4 / 10 Bookmaker: Bet365 Analysis: Hit 15th Premier League at Stamford Bridge comes the present and invincible leader in league competitions Premier League - Manchester City. Type what I propose is the number of cards in the match. Since yesterday, rates slightly increased and I have no idea why. Yesterday Over 5.5 [email protected] Chelsea over 2.5 [email protected] City Over 2.5 [email protected] Today Over 5.5 [email protected] Chelsea over 2.5 cards @2.10 City over 2.5 cards @1.83 Judge meeting, Mark Clattenburg. His stats this season are as follows. Mark Clattenburg - Gosforth - 9 meetings - 31 yellow 3 red - an average of 3.4 and yellow - 0.3 red. In comparison to other gems, which judged how brutal the English league, Mark on their background falls somewhat poorly ... Speech by Deanie eg, Jones, Dowdzie or Atkinsonie. This does not mean that today Clattenburg not Show off at Stamford Bridge. When it comes to judging the most important meetings did not have too many, as much as one. He had to act as the main arbiter in the Manchester derby in which the cards themselves are not spared - 7 yellow cards and 1 red for Evans. Today, maybe not so important derby, as the meeting of United - City, but meeting that matches the prestige of both Manchesterów skirmish. Mainly type has a chance of success due to the fact that it is rather Maniciniego team, will lead the game and they will dominate in this meeting, which will result sheets for Chelsea. Do not change the fact that the team and "The Citizens' cards catch whoever is ... Even so g***322;upowaty Balotelli, who for example, in a meeting against Liverpool in six minutes has collected two yellow cards, which resulted in a red ... It is also Milner and Vincent Kompany. When it comes to the table the most brutal teams in the Premier League, Chelsea is a leader ... occupies the last position of the achievements of 35 yellow and 3 red boxes. The team from Manchester looks much better when it comes to the table that ranks high in third place having made 17 yellow and 2 red. I think that over 2.20 to 5.5 pages in this meeting is without doubt a gift from the bookmaker Bet365! Ps. I recommend this type of play in the promotion FREEBET'a on LIVE from Bet365 and choose the type of paper LIVE, depending on how the meeting was supposed to be

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December Man city to score in both halves - 16/5 with betfred City rampant up front and are able to score goals against the big teams as they proved against Man u. I think City will be sent out to get an early goal and defend it and then attack if Chelsea score. Chelsea have good attack and will most likely score. A safer bet would be both teams to score. But 16/5 to score in both halves seems pretty high so going to go with that in what could be a very open game. Man City have scored in BOTH HALVES in last 4 out of 6 BPL games. Can see a win here for City after the upset of not getting out of the CL group stage. GL :cigar

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 10-12 December There were no draws in the prem this weekend. Its amazing when that happens how many times the next game is a draw. So far this season there havent been any draws on a Monday night in the prem. Worth a couple of quid on the draw tonight @ 3.7 BF. Good Luck all! :ok

There were no draws in the prem this weekend. Its amazing when that happens how many times the next game is a draw. So far this season there havent been any draws on a Monday night in the prem. Worth a couple of quid on the draw tonight @ 3.7 BF. Good Luck all! :ok
http://forum.punterslounge.com/f6/when-last-time-epl-went-week-without-game-being-draw-124492/ Im on the Draw to :hope

Man city to score in both halves - 16/5 with betfred City rampant up front and are able to score goals against the big teams as they proved against Man u. I think City will be sent out to get an early goal and defend it and then attack if Chelsea score. Chelsea have good attack and will most likely score. A safer bet would be both teams to score. But 16/5 to score in both halves seems pretty high so going to go with that in what could be a very open game. Man City have scored in BOTH HALVES in last 4 out of 6 BPL games. Can see a win here for City after the upset of not getting out of the CL group stage. GL :cigar
got the first half goal:hope :cigar