** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December

Friday 9 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hertha BSC v FC Schalke 04 (19:30 GMT) 2.86 3.55 2.64 101.01 %
Saturday 10 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif 1. FC Köln v SC Freiburg (14:30 GMT) 2.35 3.65 3.3 100.25 %
maximize.gif 1. FC Nürnberg v 1899 Hoffenheim (14:30 GMT) 2.44 3.45 3.1 102.23 %
maximize.gif 1. FSV Mainz 05 v Hamburger SV (14:30 GMT) 2.32 3.55 3.3 101.58 %
maximize.gif FC Augsburg v Borussia Mönchengladbach (14:30 GMT) 4 3.7 2.03 101.29 %
maximize.gif Werder Bremen v VfL Wolfsburg (14:30 GMT) 1.68 4.3 5.78 100.08 %
maximize.gif Hannover 96 v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (17:30 GMT) 2.88 3.55 2.64 100.77 %
Sunday 11 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Borussia Dortmund v 1. FC Kaiserslautern (14:30 GMT) 1.26 6.6 15 101.18 %
maximize.gif VfB Stuttgart v FC Bayern München (16:30 GMT) 6 4.3 1.64 100.90 %
Tuesday 13 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif 1. FC Köln v 1. FSV Mainz 05 (19:30 GMT) 2.48 3.27 2.69 108.08 %

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December Augsburg - Mgladbach my bet: Mgladbach odd: 2 (victor chandler) Mgladbach wants to climb up the league table and they are only at a point difference with Bayern.Playing against the bottom team?This is definitely a game to collect all 3 points.:cigar

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December Hertha Berlin - Schalke: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.85 (Bet365) 10/10 Hertha has 66.7% of its matches resulting in over 2.5 goals overall and 57.1% of its matches at home resulting in overs. Schalke has played to over 2.5 goals in 73.3% of its matches overall and 71.4% in away matches. Given the aforementioned statistics I believe the odds for the over 2.5 goals bet is fair.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December Hertha> Schalke=over (1.80) / both teams to score (1.61) bet365 stake 6 / 10 Hertha position 9° points 19 Schalke position 4° points 28 Preview: Hertha: injured: Maik Franz (defender 7 / 0). Schalke: Injured: Levan Kenia (midfielder 0 / 0), Ralf Fahrmann (goalkeeper 9 / 0), Peer Kluge (midfielder 3 / 0), Tim Hoogland (defender 0 / 0), Jefferson Farfan (forward 10 / 2). Hertha has a score in-house w2-d3-l2 goals scored 10 goals against 8 Schalke has a score out of the house w3-d1-l3 goals scored 10 goals against 12. Hertha in the last 5 games has seen over 4, even in the last 5 games Schalke recorded over 4. Both teams prefer very much the offensive phase leaving unguarded and easily pierceable defenses. Schalke is playing well in the league and in Europe. Match actions to be full of goals. Hertha in the last four has never won. Pierre-Michel Lasogga is the leading scorer for Hertha with 6 goals. Klaas Jan Huntelaar has made ​​for Schalke 13. A year ago, it was Schalke 15 in the standings with 16 points. It is now 4 with 28 points. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December

Augsburg - Mgladbach my bet: Mgladbach odd: 2 (victor chandler) Mgladbach wants to climb up the league table and they are only at a point difference with Bayern.Playing against the bottom team?This is definitely a game to collect all 3 points.:cigar
With Reus out, i cant see myself putting money on BM. Still GL with the bet.

Hertha Berlin - Schalke: Over 2.5 goals @ 1.85 (Bet365) 10/10 Hertha has 66.7% of its matches resulting in over 2.5 goals overall and 57.1% of its matches at home resulting in overs. Schalke has played to over 2.5 goals in 73.3% of its matches overall and 71.4% in away matches. Given the aforementioned statistics I believe the odds for the over 2.5 goals bet is fair.
The only thing that worries me here is that the game is played on friday. Ask any German and he/she will tell you about unders on friday games - apart from that BTS or overs are good bet.

The only thing that worries me here is that the game is played on friday. Ask any German and he/she will tell you about unders on friday games - apart from that BTS or overs are good bet.
Over the 15 rounds played there have been 14 Friday night matches. The over/under 2.5 goals results are evenly split (7 matches ended over and 7 ended under). So, statistically I wouldn't worry.

I hear rumours about Klaas Jan Huntelaar might not be playing tonight for schalke.. If that is a fact playing schalke wont be that good bet.
According to the official Schalke website he has been sick at the begin of the week but he already trained with the team on Wednesday, so this sounds like he will be available tonight. With Jones and Padadopoulus two defensive player return after suspension and maybe important defender Höwedes will be back in the starting line-up as well after recovering from an injury.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December I don't see much value in the odds for tonight's match, I think bookies/markets got it pretty right. I'll try something in the goalscorers market. Lasogga anytime goalscorer @ 3.4 Betfair. He has mostly flown under the radar as whole Germany is talking about fancier youngsters like Gotze and Reus. But Lasogga is probably the greatest young striking talent in Germany. 6 goals, 3 assists in 13 games, not bad for a 19-years old in his first Bundesliga season. The main reason why I pick this one is that he had two huge games against his former clubs Wolfsburg (1 goal, 2 assists) and Leverkusen (2 goals). He also played for Schalke and is from that special region (Ruhr valley).

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December Sport Football (Germany) Event Hertha - Schalke Selection Schalke +0 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 09/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 1.90 Reasoning In my opinion Schalke have good chances for three points. Schalke in last round show very good offensive football against Augsburg, take 3-1 win at home. Schalke have only 3 points less than leader of the table Bayern. Schalke on away is good team - 3 wins in 7 rounds, in last time beat Hamburg or Leverkusen. Hertha is out of form, 4 matches without a single win, only 2 wins at home in this season. Defense not working good in this moment. Schalke not lose last 7 matches in h2h, draw no bet is good option

Hertha> Schalke=over (1.80) / both teams to score (1.61) bet365 stake 6 / 10 Hertha position 9° points 19 Schalke position 4° points 28 Preview: Hertha: injured: Maik Franz (defender 7 / 0). Schalke: Injured: Levan Kenia (midfielder 0 / 0), Ralf Fahrmann (goalkeeper 9 / 0), Peer Kluge (midfielder 3 / 0), Tim Hoogland (defender 0 / 0), Jefferson Farfan (forward 10 / 2). Hertha has a score in-house w2-d3-l2 goals scored 10 goals against 8 Schalke has a score out of the house w3-d1-l3 goals scored 10 goals against 12. Hertha in the last 5 games has seen over 4, even in the last 5 games Schalke recorded over 4. Both teams prefer very much the offensive phase leaving unguarded and easily pierceable defenses. Schalke is playing well in the league and in Europe. Match actions to be full of goals. Hertha in the last four has never won. Pierre-Michel Lasogga is the leading scorer for Hertha with 6 goals. Klaas Jan Huntelaar has made ​​for Schalke 13. A year ago, it was Schalke 15 in the standings with 16 points. It is now 4 with 28 points. :hope:hope:hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHH :ok

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December Nürnberg - Hoffenheim, 15:30 CET, Over 2.5 goals (2.11, sbobet) Tricky situation for this match. Both teams are in desperate need of points. Its been a long time Hoffenheim scored a win and especially away form home they showed very weak performance. Its time to get back on track before winter break. Nürnberg however with not too bad results at home but mostly against poor teams like Kaiserslautern. The important thing is that both teams will be nervous playing this match because both are expected to win. In my opinion this will lead to mistakes and mistakes are good for goals. Neither Hoffenheim nor Nürnberg showed consistent defence performance. Another advantage for Hoffenheim since they are strong in counterattacks with fast Ryan Babel. I think bookies underrate odds for over/under in this match and there should be nice value in over 2.5!

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December Mainz-Hamburg = Hamburg+0,5 @ 1.83 Bet365 Mainz are a good team and back on track with 7 points out of the last 3 games. With two home wins against Stuttgart and Bayern they finally proved that they're competetive after losing three key players. But the idea represented in the odds (home win around 2.0/2.1) is that Mainz are strong favourites to win nearly every home game as there are not many teams atm that are stronger form-wise than Hamburg. And this idea is wrong in my eyes. When they beat Suttgart it was a deserved win but the match turning goal was a result of a wrong penalty call. When they beat Bayern it was a huge team effort, they played some wonderful pressing and got their counter-attacks, but they only had 30% possession and they can't repeat such a passive game against any other BL team, they will have much more of the ball and need to do something without the space Bayern gave them. Plus overperforming at home vs Bayern is not a rare thing in the BL. I rate them high, but not 2.0-high. Hamburg on the other hand haven't lost under Fink (6 games 2-4-0). If you watch them play, you'll see that they're still not stable or 100% balanced, but somehow we're talking about a complete different team, their defense is better, attacking players like Jansen seem on the way to old strength, they appear much more confident and show team spirit. They earned a draw at Leverkusen and Hannover in two tough away games and should've probably gotten more out of it. Good form, good mind-set and on a 'not losing' streak. Good value in my eyes.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December STUTTGART-BAYERN MUNCHEN 5/10 Come across that it'll be hard game for Bayern nonetheless Stuttgart is team which Bayern like. Stuttgart begun good but now they slow down. Last games mainly against Werder Brema showed trouble in defence. A lot of situation for Brema , Stuttgart had huge lucky that lose it 0:2 only ! Bayern has huge potential in offence and I'll expect that we see similar situation like Brema. Away perfomances by Bayern aren't convincig but now full line-up will to Heycknes disposition. Last time Bayern had troubles in defence. Individual challenges by Van Buyten were poor. Positivie is that he scored but his task is good work in defence ! Bayer will play after Champions League game but there played without main players as Robben,Kross,Gomez,Frank, Muller or Neuer. Few players had a flu but now everything is good and all players will ready to clash against Stuttgart. Bayern offence with huge power, two best wingers who shouldn't has problem with challenges against Boca or Molinaro.Good is that Kross will play, I like him because he's good assist player. Maza or Tasci aren't high maintenance players and I see here few goals for Bayern. Selling point for Stuttgart is ofence of course. Player of the month Harnik, Cacau, Okazaki, Kwist are good technical players who should create chance.I read that VFB will play very high and agressive, Mainz prefere this style and we could see it against Bayern but I don't belive that Bayern do the same mistake ! The strongest line-up (without Schweinsteiger) and here will be away win with handicap. 3-1 or 4-1 for me. Took earlier at Pinnacle...now 1,88 Bayern (AH -1) @ 1,97

Sport Football (Germany)
Event Stuttgart - Bayern Munich
Selection Bayern Munich
Strength 10/10
Date 11/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.58
Reasoning Bayern Munich have made some bad results recently and now the team needs to find their best form again if they want to keep their first place before the winter break in the Bundesliga. Sweinsteiger is still out with an injury, but the good news for Heynckes is that Arjen Robben is finally fully fit and can start today in the first eleven. Bayern have lost three of their last five games in all competitions (0:1 against Dortmund, 2:3 against Mainz and 0:2 against Manchester City). In the last round of the Bundesliga the team trashed Werder with 4:1 and exactly Robben scored twice after he came on as a substitude in the second half. Stuttgart is definetly in their best form right now. The team has won only once in their last five games in the Bundesliga (1-2-2) and today against the favorites for the title Bayern the team will have a lot of troubles. Bayern won their last three meetings against Stuttgart. Also in their last two games away from home the team trashed their opponent with 5:3 and 6:3.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December Borussia vs Kaiserslautern Borussia is very good side at home and will have again a word to say about where the title will go this season. Just 4 goals conceded at home are giving me hope about my bet. Kaiserslautern has been very underish side this year and made many draws lately. The price on Borussia is not what I buy usually so I do expect some goals here. Bourssia scores regularly 2-3 goals at home. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.1 with PaddyPower

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December Stuttgart vs Bayern Away side will do everything to win the match as they suffered in last games. They are the leaders but Schalke and Borussia are able to disturb them permanently if they will not win such games. Stutgart normally a good side at home, but this will be a very hard match for them. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.1 with PaddyPower

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December Koln vs Mainz Home side is looking very determined to win this game, but Mainz is not weak at all when playing away from home. Podolski has been linked with a move in the winter, although his slary is played by some rich men in Koln (they are doing this for publicity purposes). Otherwise, the club would not afford to pay that sum. Arsenal and Schalke04 are looking for him, but only time will tell where and when. The team needs Podolski now and he should go far more above the 13 goals he has so far if he wants to put Koln upper in standings. Mainz is having 4 draws in last 6 games away, scored 9 goals and conceded 10. Despite seeing many under 2.5 goals in the games between these two, I can say we will see goals. There many absentees from Koln and many from Mainz. The more important are from Mainz instead. Koln without: Schwabke, Andrezinho, Vaaßen, Petit, Chihi, Kialka, Novakovic1. FSV Mainz 05 without: Karius, Gopko, Noveski, Ivanschitz, Risse, Gavranovic, Parker, Szalai. I think we can go 2 or 3 goals in this game @ 2.00 with bet365

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December Cologne-Mainz Cologne +0 @ 1.90 Bet365 I wrote something about Mainz last Saturday in this thread and I think the market is overrating them again. Good team but under 'normal' circumstances not good enough to take three points from Cologne. Their pressing requires a lot of energy they get from the home crowd, away from home they show a different style of play, a weaker mentality. It's tough to beat them though, they only lost once in six away games. But if you look at the opponents they faced on the road (apart from Hannover we're talking about mediocre/weak home teams), I think it's more remarkable they only won once. An important point is that they will miss Ivanschitz, he's their best goal scorer. You know how many goals he made? 5. That really tells the whole story about Mainz, they lack goal scoring skills. But Ivanschitz was very important in recent games. When they were 2-0 down at Wolfsburg, he got a penalty and scored it (FT 2-2). He scored the opening goal against Bayern and delivered an assist (FT 3-2). Stuttgart - penalty (FT 3-1). And so on. Cologne are probably the most two-faced team in the league and it's tough to rely on them as a punter. But in recent home games I found them very intense and pretty convincing. Of course, we can't forget the 0-3 against Gladbach at home. But that was a derby against one of the most inform teams right now (despite their loss at Augsburg...). Other than that Cologne have shown some good displays against teams that are definitely not weaker than Mainz (Hoffenheim, Hannover...). 4 wins in the last 5 home games, 11:3 goals in those games. The most important factor for Cologne is of course Podolski, doing some unbelievable stuff this season, 13 goals, 5 assists in 14 games. There's a lot of talking about his contract situation and possible transfers but this somehow makes him only better. If you find some good odds on him scoring, it might be a good alternative. I haven't found any (only around 6/5). But with him they're favourites to win this and a good bit underrated by the market imho. Edit: odds drifting, now @2.05... Bet365 and Pinnacle really got Mainz as favourites. But there are no news that Podolski won't play (or sth like that).

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December Cologne - Mainz: Cologne 0 (AH) @ 1.98 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 This is a bit of a tricky match to call since both teams are making a reasoned effort to improve their results. In the last 8 matches both sides collected 10 points with Cologne having a 3-1-4 record and Mainz a 2-4-2 record. But, I believe that the home advantage may tilt the result in Cologne's favour. The hosts have a 4-1-3 record including wins in 3 out of the last 4 home matches where they defeated teams higher in the table than Mainz (Hannover, Hoffenheim). Mainz's away record of 1-4-1 is below average with 66.7% of results being draws. Hence, the level ball bet provides the needed security in case of another draw.

Cologne - Mainz: Cologne 0 (AH) @ 1.98 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 But, I believe that the home advantage may tilt the result in Cologne's favour.
Köln really strong last weekend. Peszko and Podolski in good condition. Mainz did a good job at home against hamburg. they were the stronger team, but leader ivanschitz got injured. mainz might feel insecure. In addition to that, Mainz couldn´t win in Köln for over 6 years. Asian Handicap 0 is an excellent safe bet. But I like Köln @2.6. Like I wrote before, Ivanschitz who was really stron for Mainz in the last weeks is injured.

Köln really strong last weekend. Peszko and Podolski in good condition. Mainz did a good job at home against hamburg. they were the stronger team' date=' but leader ivanschitz got injured. mainz might feel insecure. [b']In addition to that, Mainz couldn´t win in Köln for over 6 years. Asian Handicap 0 is an excellent safe bet. But I like Köln @2.6. Like I wrote before, Ivanschitz who was really stron for Mainz in the last weeks is injured.
The home side has won this H2H in each of the last ten encounters between the two sides, and only once in a total of 15 matches have the visiting side won (a Bundesliga II match in 2003). Koln's home record vs Mainz - P7 W6 D0 L1 Mainz's home record vs Koln - P8 W6 D2 L0

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December Koln - Mainz I got to agree with what was written before, Koln should get a boos from their latest game, where they probably surprised themsleves with quality performance, Mainz solid team, but not on last years level. I believe that with current state of affairs, and with mentioned Ivanshitz out, the odds for Koln at least not to loose are excellent. Koln 0 @ 1.92 sbo

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 9-13 December Koln vs Mainz - Lukas Podolski Anytime Goalscorer and Koln to win - 3.75 [PaddyPower] Having followed many of the posters above on the Koln [0AH] line, I've decided to have a small play on this too. Of Koln's 15 Bundesliga matches this season, they have scored in 11 of these, with Podolski scoring in 9 of these. He's scored 7 of Koln's 11 goals in the last five Bundesliga matches he has played in. Clearly he is a very important player for the home side and I think if Koln are going to get the win tonight then the goals with come from Podolski again. PaddyPower's odds seem very generous IMO.