** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December

Saturday 10 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Levante UD v Sevilla (17:00 GMT) 2.88 3.35 2.7 101.61 %
maximize.gif Real Betis v Valencia (19:00 GMT) 3.45 3.4 2.3 101.88 %
maximize.gif Real Madrid v FC Barcelona (21:00 GMT) 2.46 3.65 3.05 100.83 %
Sunday 11 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Rayo Vallecano v Real Sporting de Gijon (11:00 GMT) 2.1 3.35 4.1 101.86 %
maximize.gif Getafe v Granada CF (15:00 GMT) 1.83 3.65 5.1 101.55 %
maximize.gif Villarreal v Real Sociedad (15:00 GMT) 1.86 3.65 5 100.89 %
maximize.gif Málaga v Osasuna (17:00 GMT) 1.67 4.1 6.2 100.40 %
maximize.gif Real Zaragoza v Real Mallorca (17:00 GMT) 2.2 3.35 3.75 101.97 %
maximize.gif Athletic Bilbao v Racing Santander (18:45 GMT) 1.44 4.8 10 100.06 %
maximize.gif Espanyol v Atlético Madrid (20:30 GMT) 2.8 3.4 2.72 101.89 %

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December I know that it is early, but I like to open the discussion. All in all, we are present at this forum for that reason. :) Real-Barca. I cannot see how can this derby finish with under?! OK, they had some unders recently, but I think the situation is different now. Madrid can finally revenge to Barcelona for many defeats recently and I think that if they open the scoring, they won't satisfy with 1:0. They will bite for more and more. On the other hand, Barca can use some of the space that Ronaldo&Co will leave behind. My main bet is Madrid to score over 1,5 goals @2,2 at my local bookie. I also like Malaga to win, but I reluctantly bet against Osasuna because they have been a nightmare for me through all of these years. A draw is also possible IMO.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December

I know that it is early, but I like to open the discussion. All in all, we are present at this forum for that reason. :) Real-Barca. I cannot see how can this derby finish with under?! OK, they had some unders recently, but I think the situation is different now. Madrid can finally revenge to Barcelona for many defeats recently and I think that if they open the scoring, they won't satisfy with 1:0. They will bite for more and more. On the other hand, Barca can use some of the space that Ronaldo&Co will leave behind. My main bet is Madrid to score over 1,5 goals @2,2 at my local bookie. I also like Malaga to win, but I reluctantly bet against Osasuna because they have been a nightmare for me through all of these years. A draw is also possible IMO.
That is a very good price. my bookie gives madrid to score 2 or more goals @ 1.97 I too would almost definitely consider this bet. the problem is im struggling to remember when madrid actually put two or more in the back of the net against barce. nevertheless, barce's defence this season isnt the same as last, and just looking at their past 3 la liga games, it SEEMS they havent really settled on a partner for pique at the back. it will be abidal and alves at left and right back again, probably mach in the centre. even if puyol plays i think (only heard things, havent actaully watched him play) he wont be as good as he was last season. On top of that, the game is held at the Santiago Bernabeu, so i think this bet is a very good one Another bet to consider Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.65. the price is a little bit short for my liking, but i think this is almost a certainty. I havent done that much research nor have i looked that deeply into the betting markets for this game yet. maybe accumulate it with something and we get a decent rate. Will appreciate any comments anyone has on this game

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December El Clásico Over 65 booking points @ 5/6 Victor Chandler I think we all know the character of this game and how it has developed since Mourinho is in charge. Here are some stats to underline that. Mourinho's Real played 7 times against Barca: Real: 29 yellow cards (avg. 4.14) 1 double-yellow (avg. 0.14) 5 red cards ( avg. 0.71) avg. booking points: 64.26 Barca: 21 yellow cards (avg. 3.0) 2 red cards (avg. 0,29) avg. booking points: 37.14 Total booking points per game: 101.4

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December Marca appearing to be debating whether Mourinho is likely to go with Diarra-Alonso-Khedira in midfield, don't know if this has any basis to it? Marca have covered everything on this game so far in so much detail and I half expect there to be a photo of the refs pre-match meal at some point tomorrow.. I don't think Mourinho will go defensive in midfield against Barca, he tried it before and it backfired, particularly at the Bernabeu he showed that the way to play them is to press the defenders high up the pitch and you can force mistakes, basically distrupt the service to Messi, Iniesta and Xavi. Barca don't like to play the ball long, and the defenders aren't the best distributers of the ball, imo this is the best way to get at them.. Barca aren't playing as well as they were but they has to be an apprehension about taking on Barca in any game, Madrid played largely a 'B' team midweek who played half paced and they still beat Ajax 3-0, they are certainly the form team in Europe currently. Barca will be heavily relying on Messi as usual, Villa is out of goalscoring form but I imagine Sanchez must stand a good chance of starting, looked good so far when I have seen him. Goals is the obvious call in this one but also the most logical one in my eyes, I would be staggered to see Barca keep a clean sheet, Madrid must have averaged at least 3.5 goals a game at home this season and the Barca defence isn't the greatest, I would fancy Madrid mainly because they are at home but won't be betting much I don't think, will probably have a small bet on over 3 goals which is about 2.1.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December I think I'm going to enjoy the Clasico this weekend with no money on it. Part of me wants to get on Barca so badly. I mean when will they ever be 2/1 to win a match again in the near future. I'll leave it and go with an early one: - 4pts Real Betis vs Valencia -0.25AH @ 21/20 [bet365] Betis are in some horrible form. They've lost nine of their last ten matches and the one that they didn't lose was a drab 0-0 draw at home. They don't score enough goals. In that ten game stretch, they've scored four times. It's just not good enough for a team that has no injury problems. Valencia on the other hand are a good isde. The worry here is that I don't really know what impact the defeat to Chelsea in midweek will have on them. I took to their record after Champions League matches this season though and my worries were eased. They've played five group matches in the Champions League this season and have won on the following weekend in four out of the five games (With three of them being away from home (Levante, Gijon and Rayo)). I guess the Chelsea game may hit them a bit harder than the others but they're playing against a very bad side in Betis, they should have enough to see them off and getting odds-against with the some partial cover on the draw is good enough for me to go in.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December Newly promoted Real Betis is little bit struggling at the top spanish division. They're record of last 10 games is 0W 1D 9L. And I realy dont see them winning against third best spanish team. Also from last 10 H2H games, Valencia won 9 of them, even though some of them was long time ago :eyes But of course sometimes sh!t happens in football, so I take Valencia (AH-0) 1.675 bet365

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December Espanyol average yellow cards in one home game - 3.7 Atl. Madrid average yellow cards in one away game - 3.8 Referee of this games is Paradas Romero. This season he was refereeing seven La Liga games and shown 43 yellow cards. Average 6.1 yellow card per game. Last 7 H2H games between these two teams ended up with 5-10 yellow cards. Over 5.5 yellow cards 1.53 bwin

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December El Classico, a match that is the whole football world is waiting. The two Spanish giants face in a match where emotions are sure to surface. Previous encounters provided great entertainment to the public. 5 goals, 12 cards, 3 of which were red. Match the end of the heated emotions as well as the famous Mourinho's "magic pinch", which led to the Lord was sentenced to several matches. This is certainly still in the minds of the players and coaches, so it will overcharge and the number of violations will continue to grow. The light of statistics team encounters has been about 6 cards per game (a surprising number of times, however, only after 23min), so the card game the first half seems quite likely. Taking into account the previous encounter with the added power, to find the book markers factor begins to show a gift, which can not fail to receive. Real Madrid - Barcelona (Time of first booking) 00:00 - 22:59 1.72 @Nordicbet

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December Rayo Vallecano average yellow cards in one home game - 2.3 Sporting Gijon average yellow cards in one away game - 2.8 Referee Mateu Lahoz. He was in charge six games this season. Shown only 20 yellow cards. Average is 3.3 yellow cards per game. The only time he took yellow card of his pocket six times was Real Madrid - Atl. Madrid derby. When Atl. Madrid players was like on drugs. It looked like they trying to break Real players. Anyway I don't think this time we will see more than 5 yellow cards. Under 5.5 yellow cards 1.53 bwin

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December Real Madrid vs Barcelona The last 7 out of 10 La Liga meetings have ended with under 11 Corners. With a 70% success rate, I will have a stab at this trend. 6pts Under 11 Corners @ 1.62 StanJames Real Betis vs Valencia Real Betis have lost 9 of their last 10 games. This includes 3 out of 4 of their most recent home games. On the other hand Valencia have won 4 of their last 5 games and also have been performing reasonably well away from home, winning 4 out of 6 of their away games. 5pts Valencia @ 2.40 VC Malaga vs Osasuna There have been Over 2.5 Goals in 5 out of 6 of Malaga's home games this season and there have been Over 2.5 Goals in 5 out of 7 of Osasuna's away games. Expect to see goals in this game. 4pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.00 StanJames

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December Real Madrid - Barcelona Now it's officially confirmed that Real Madrid will be playing attacking 4-3-3 formation. With C.Ronaldo and Di Maria on the flanks and Higuain or Benzema in the middle (but I realy think it will be Benzema who starts). And in the midfield someone of Kaka, Ozil, Alonso, Khedira or Lass. And we all know that Barcelona allways plays attacking style. Plus last season these two teams played 7 times with each other. And scored 20 goals. Over 2.5 1.825 bet365

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Real Madrid - Barcelona
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 10/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90
Reasoning It's finally time for maybe the biggest derby in Europe, or let's say in the whole world. Real Madrid and Barcelona will meet at "Santiago Bernaeu for the seventh classico of the year - which probably is the record for most games in a calendar year between them. The situation is that after every other of those games Real Madrid had closed the ga between them and Barcelona and this was shown at its best in the games for the supercup in the begining of the season. In those two games Real didn't play with ten man at the bach like the other classicos. Mourinho's team was pressing the catalans all over the field and in my opinion we will see something like that tonight too. This only means that the game will be open, the situations for goals will be a lot and we'll see a lot of goals. And it just can't be another way when you have playes like Messi, Ronaldo, Benzema, Villa, Pedro, Higuain, Di Maria and Sanchez at the same time on the field. Both teams have one missing each. Affelay is out for Barcelona, while Ricardo Carvalho will miss in the Mourinho squad.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December Betis - Valencia: Valencia @ 2.50 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 The odds offered for Valencia's win are attractive, I think. After winning the first 4 matches of the season Betis has gone 0-1-9 and sits in 17th place. Betis has the worst home record (2-1-3). Valencia may be disappointed about not qualifying for the next CL round but they can now focus on the league. Currently, Valencia sits in 3rd place with 30 points just 4 points behind 2nd place Barcelona and 7 points behind 1st place Real Madrid. Valencia has won 5 out of the last 6 league matches with the defeat coming against Real Madrid. The odds are great for Valencia's win.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December Does anyone have any info or advice which might sway me away from an accumulator of Real/Barca OVER 2.5 goals and Valencia to win over Betis? Total value of the accumulator is 1.74 + 2.35 = 3.60. Given Betis' horrendous recent form (0-1-9 is it?) and Valencia's strong league position (3rd), I can't argue against taking the odds offered by Bodog for a Valencia win (2.35) along with an OVER on Real/Barca, since Mourinho has already come out saying they will play a 4-3-3 -- so either a 2-1 Real win or another 5-0 Barca thrashing seem plausible to me. Some additional stats (courtesy of WinDrawWin) to be considered along with those provided by punters above: - Real has scored 2 or more goals in 11 out of 14 games - Barca has scored 2 or more goals in 11 out of 15 games As long as The Special One doesn't choose to park the bus, I see no reason why this game shouldn't produce at least three goals. Good luck to everyone today! :hope Note: I use Bodog to place my bets because I live in the US...one of the only sites I've found which offers football odds along with props for every American sport. Online bookie options here are fairly limited due to some of the recent online gaming laws passed by our government.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December Real Madrid vs Barcelona This match is going to show why we all love football. This is a game that will be full of tactics and great goal occasions, but I do not expect a thriller of goals. The teams are knowing each other so well and I expect they will also defend well. These players can annihilate each other easily and I think will be the toughjest match ever between these two. My bet is 2 or 3 goals in the match @ 2.05 with Betfred

Does anyone have any info or advice which might sway me away from an accumulator of Real/Barca OVER 2.5 goals and Valencia to win over Betis? Total value of the accumulator is 1.74 + 2.35 = 3.60. Given Betis' horrendous recent form (0-1-9 is it?) and Valencia's strong league position (3rd), I can't argue against taking the odds offered by Bodog for a Valencia win (2.35) along with an OVER on Real/Barca
Valencia might not pass easily the game from Tuesday, defeat 0-3 in London with Chelsea (Champions League). I think the mood wont be that good. Stats are simply stats, Betis have lost 4 or 5 with 0-1 score, the 0-1-9 you present is unreal. Still, Betis has a chance to end this bad run against a team that comes after a deception. First goal: Betis, possible.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December Yet I believe Valencia has far more quality than Betis, who is simply a Segunda team, but what you say about Tuesday and Valencia's mood is also true and represented in the odds I think, otherwise normal odds here would be like 1.80ish dont you think? I somehow dont think Valencia will loose this one, you know Valencia and how hard they loose this season, except for the CL games. So if Betis scores first I will go with Valencia -0.5, :hope About the Real-Barca game I don't really know what to think, except that there should be goals, alot of people say it is unprredictable game and YES it is, but I recon that GOALS and the OVER is as close as value comes to us tonight, considering the odds ofcourse. :drums

Valencia might not pass easily the game from Tuesday' date=' defeat 0-3 in London with Chelsea (Champions League). I think the mood wont be that good. Stats are simply stats, Betis have lost 4 or 5 with 0-1 score, the 0-1-9 you present is unreal. Still, Betis has a chance to end this bad run against a team that comes after a deception. First goal: Betis, possible.[/quote'] My other worry is that in spite of Betis' poor form, their squad doesn't have any real injury concerns -- one MF (Sevilla) is out due to a knee sprain. For Valencia, defender Jordi Alba is out from suspension, and Montero/Ezequiel have not been training and will be game-time decisions. I am leaning away from the accumulator and considering just sticking with Real/Barca OVER 2.5 goals at this point... Thanks for your input! Any insight is always appreciated.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December Real Madrid - Barcelona Real this season, added very much, especially in the control of the ball, something sorely lacking in the last season meetings with Barcelona. Barcelona defense can judge by the game from Champions League with Milan, away. Barca played as he wanted, but Milan were regularly creating scoring moments on the catalans gate. Barcelona easily outplay modest opponents with they 73% possesion of the ball an rarely concede goals. But when they play against an opponent with a good midfield and attack here comes the problems. Still, it is logical to assume that Barca in this match will have more the initiative. Real Madrid with they counter-attack can catch the catalans on the errors couple of time.. it will be more than enough. In the previous season Real couldnt match Barca, but looking at the h2h from this one we see Real scoring at least twice (SuperCup). If we take a look to Barcelona's away matches: they get two goals from Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Valencia. In my view Real Madrid score at least two goals, Barca simply dont know how to play defensively and to make a couple of mistakes tonight it is likely. Barcelona will seek more victory, wich will allow Real more room for action. Mourinho to remember main task to win title and not vendetta vs Pep Guardiola. The portuguese if he will set for a draw will be good, might block acces to theyr own half of Barcelona trio from the midfield otherwise it will be hard. This way Mou will imposive his own rules. If he try to win and revenge past year failure.. it is clear avantage for Barcelona. At this moment with 3p clear over Barca and a game in hand, theoretically 6p advantage - Real can settle for a draw, of course if we ignore the personal motives of Mourinho. Reccomend "myself": just sit back with my vodka and peanuts and.. watch hopefully a good and entertaining game. GL with your bets if you intend to bet on this match. The referee of this encounter is the one that give in the SuperCup, earlier this season: 9 yellow cards (3 for Barca vs 6 Real Madrid) and 3 red. Like: Total Match Over 9.5 corners @ 1.75 .. Unibet With regards, Abdelmalik Safin - Russian Football Expert tipping on the World's Best Betting Forum, The Punters Lounge uePCg.png

Real Madrid - Barcelona Real this season, added very much, especially in the control of the ball, something sorely lacking in the last season meetings with Barcelona. Barcelona defense can judge by the game from Champions League with Milan, away. Barca played as he wanted, but Milan were regularly creating scoring moments on the catalans gate. Barcelona easily outplay modest opponents with they 73% possesion of the ball an rarely concede goals. But when they play against an opponent with a good midfield and attack here comes the problems. Still, it is logical to assume that Barca in this match will have more the initiative. Real Madrid with they counter-attack can catch the catalans on the errors couple of time.. it will be more than enough. In the previous season Real couldnt match Barca, but looking at the h2h from this one we see Real scoring at least twice (SuperCup). If we take a look to Barcelona's away matches: they get two goals from Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Valencia. In my view Real Madrid score at least two goals, Barca simply dont know how to play defensively and to make a couple of mistakes tonight it is likely.
Nice write up :ok Just to add expected light rain in Madrid while it is raining rather heavy in Seville right now.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 10-11 December Real - Barca It is an corner bet. It is widely known that Barcelona dont get many corners in their game, dont have the correct statistic, but remember ther last home game in Super cup, and Real had some 6 or 7 corners more then. Overall i believe Real should have an upper hand in this game, as this is probably their season, but going for the corner hcp today. Also card market might be tempting, set on 9.5 hcp on bet365 Real -0.5 corners (aka, Real to win by one corner at least) @ 1.83 bet365

Real - Barca It is an corner bet. It is widely known that Barcelona dont get many corners in their game, dont have the correct statistic, but remember ther last home game in Super cup, and Real had some 6 or 7 corners more then.
Corners FT 9-2 (HT:5-0) Real Madrid - Barcelona (SuperCup) 15.08.2011 :ok Good bet this with corners, Real -0.5 @ 1.825 Bet365 I myself, a corner "maniak" stats keeping from past 2 seasons on the strong leagues around Europe

El Classico, a match that is the whole football world is waiting. The two Spanish giants face in a match where emotions are sure to surface. Previous encounters provided great entertainment to the public. 5 goals, 12 cards, 3 of which were red. Match the end of the heated emotions as well as the famous Mourinho's "magic pinch", which led to the Lord was sentenced to several matches. This is certainly still in the minds of the players and coaches, so it will overcharge and the number of violations will continue to grow. The light of statistics team encounters has been about 6 cards per game (a surprising number of times, however, only after 23min), so the card game the first half seems quite likely. Taking into account the previous encounter with the added power, to find the book markers factor begins to show a gift, which can not fail to receive. Real Madrid - Barcelona (Time of first booking) 00:00 - 22:59 1.72 @Nordicbet
One factor you have to look at here is the Referee - Borbalan has not given a card out before this time in his last 5 league games. He has let the games run and most of his first bookings appear around the 40minute mark. I am not discounting the added rivalry between the 2 teams but it is something to consider. On another note the ref has shown the red card in his last 2 league games. With the last meeting between the 2 also being reffed by Borbalan, where he sent of 3 players I have to go for a Red Card in the Match @ 2.00 with PPower Incidentally his first card in the previous match came in the 28th minute.