** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Favourites system

Sco

I have been using this system as a paper trial for a short time, tested it out on the Adelaide open, and also backtested it by reviewing some of the older results. Basically the idea is fairly simple; to back odds on players adding them in doubles, trebles and accumulators. I find that this works much better than with football, firstly because there is no draw so the odds on favourite cant draw after peppering the opponents goal, and secondly I find that there arent as many upsets in football. After the first round results (which you'll find in one of the tennis forums) I made a fair bit of money so am going to start this for real now. I will select the amount of points to back with, depending on the factors below: How to select -Generally I pick odds on favourites around 1.3. -Consult the tennis forums for possible 'big' upsets, and tennisadviser.com for thier potential upsets. -If I select a favourite of around 1.6 then add to it a few certain ones (federer, roddick etc) -Form tables, past head to heads, favourite surface etc... 1st Selection Ancic to beat Phau @1.37 on betfair 20pts Ancic in my opinion is one of the outside favourites for the tournament as a whole. He showed what he can do at Wimbledon last year beating Henman, and has continued steadily climbing up the rankings. Phau despite a shock win in the first round will not be strong enough to beat Ancic here, so a large bet of 20pts on this. 2nd Selection Coria to beat R Mello @1.39 on betfair 10pts Coria fell at the first hurdle in this competition last year, and this is not his favoured surface. )We all know he was practically unbeatable on clay) However he was very impressive in the first round, where a upset was a destinct possiblility to a very up and coming star. He can be quite up and down though, so only 10pts on this one. Bank Starting bank = 100 Current bank = 70 Total staked = 30 Number of bets = 2 Winning bets Losing bets Strike rate Yield Profit/Loss Just to let everyone know that many of these games are shown live on eurosport (All late at night though), and live score.com is a very good on this tournament for scores. Sco

Re: Tennis Favourites system Ok one more selection to be made here: 3rd Selection Accumulator at 2.77 @bet365 5pts Henman, Hewitt, Ferrero, Coria, Roddick, Ancic and Lopez. These are all strong favourites to win. Ferrero and Lopez are the ones who may let this one slip, but all the others I am pretty certain of here. Starting bank = 100 Current bank = 65 Total staked = 35 Number of bets = 3 Winning bets = Losing bets = Strike rate = Yield = Profit/Loss = Sco

Re: Tennis Favourites system Results Ancic to beat Phau @1.37 on betfair 20pts :nana Returns 27.3pts Coria to beat R Mello @1.39 on betfair 10pts:nana Returns 13.9pts Accumulator at 2.77 @bet365 5pts:nana Returns 13.85pts Accumulator for Hewitt, Henman, Roddick, Hantuchova, V Williams :nana Returns 6.36pts Bank Starting bank = 100 Current bank = 122.62 Total staked = 38.79 Number of bets = 4 Winning bets = 4 Losing bets = 0 Strike rate = 100% Yield = 58.3% Profit/Loss = +22.62pts Well I think i have added up the bank correctly and got all the calculations right. I will be posting up my bets for tommorrows games soon, and in the Australian Open thread I have posted some non favourite bets. Sco 61.21

Re: Tennis Favourites system 1st Selection Petrova to beat Maleeva @1.4 at bet365 20pts As edtkh mentioned in the Australian Open thread, I think is a really good price for petrova who has youth on her side for this encounter. Whilst I dont think they have ever matched up before, I think that she will just be too strong for her on the day. 2nd Selection Accumulator at 1.43 @bet365 15pts S Williams, Federer, Elia, Mauresmo Going quite strongly on this one, as Federer and Williams are surely dead certs here. Although I have mentioned Elia as a possible upset I think she should come through this one, although it may go to 3 sets. Mauresmo has played quite well so far, and I was at first alittle worried about strapping to the knee but so far it seems not to have effected. Fingers crossed and good luck to all:hope Will update bank after all results are in Sco

Re: Tennis Favourites system Hi Sco, I am really interested to see how this turns out. Like you, I am in to short-priced stuff and I looked at doing something similar a few months ago but could not make a profit from it. My approach was not as good as yours as it was purely statistical, based on the odds. I did a lot of analysis using the data from www.tennis-data.co.uk, which gives several years of match data plus the odds from several bookmakers, but I couldn't find any profitable strategies. I hope that you can find the necessary extra edge. Good Luck!

Re: Tennis Favourites system Well I mean I do use the tennis staistics. I cant remember the exact sites...but they are all from the drop down menu's at the top of the forum. I think that there is value to be found in short priced stuff, just as long as if there is even the slightest doubt in your mind...just leave it. Otherwise thats when you get undone. Trying to be greedy i suppose. Well glad to see someones following, and as i said I do think there is profit to be made here. Sco

Re: Tennis Favourites system Results Petrova to beat Maleeva @1.4 on betfair 20pts :nana Returns 28pts Accumulator @1.43 on betfair 15pts:nana Returns 21.14pts (Federers game was void, but as it only added odds of 1.02 it hardly effected the result) Bank Starting bank = 100 Current bank = 136.76 Total staked = 73.79 Number of bets = 6 Winning bets = 6 Losing bets = 0 Strike rate = 100% Yield = 49.82% Profit/Loss = +36.76pts I will have a look and see if there are any selections for tonights games, and if there are then I will post back up. Good luck to all. Sco

Re: Tennis Favourites system Sco, After reading your thread, decided to start putting on big accumulators and seeing what happens! Tennis certainly seems to goto form a lot more! Put this accumulator on yesterday and so far so good! 10pts on it, wish I had done it from the first round! Could have had a whole host of acc's on! Fitz

A Ivanovic V A MauresmoA Mauresmo to Win@ 1.16Won
S Kuznetsova V M Diaz OlivaS Kuznetsova to Win@ 1.06Won
S Williams V S MirzaSerena Williams to Win@ 1.03Won
M Maleeva V N PetrovaN Petrova to Win@ 1.30Won
Na Li V M SharapovaM Sharapova to Win@ 1.18Won
A Molik V T PanovaA Molik to Win@ 1.10Open
A Myskina V L RaymondA Myskina to Win@ 1.14Open
V Williams V A SmashnovaVenus Williams to Win@ 1.08Open
R Federer V J NieminenR Federer to Win@ 1.03N/R
L Hewitt V J I ChelaL Hewitt to Win@ 1.11Open
A Roddick V J MelzerA Roddick to Win@ 1.07Open

Re: Tennis Favourites system Here are a few more selections for tommorrows games. My past experience shows that my results towards the letter stages of tournaments arent as good so if anyone is following, do your esearch and be sure. Selection 1 Canas to beat Stepanek @1.4 on bet365 10pts Selection 2 Henman, Myskina and Roddick to win @1.5 on betfair 20pts It would be a shock for me if any of these lose really. Canas has a 100% record against Stepanek and has been playing some good tennis. Henman has beaten Davydenko on the previous 2 visits, and should IMO win this one with ease. Roddick and Myskina I cant see losing either as they have both looked very strong. Thanks and good luck:hope Sco

Re: Tennis Favourites system

Roddick and Myskina I cant see losing either as they have both looked very strong.
Are you watching the same Myskina as me? She has been awful, serving badly and missing too much from the back. Was looking to oppose her with Raymond who has been flying, however, she is injured, may or may not play, so Myskina will most likely win anyway:o.

Re: Tennis Favourites system Mr Intensity: I would agree with you in some respects, she has looked a little shakey I suppose, but my comment was aimed probably more towards Roddick, but that was my bad. Still I suppose it is a good traight to have when players can win without playing well, so Im still confident she will win. Ian: I think your accumulator looks fairly safe there. I managed to win a 10-1 accumulator in the first round, and is generally how I am making money from tennis. (This system and the tournaments this year have me up about 70pts) 3rd Selection Dementieva, Henman, Roddick @1.66 on bet365 20pts As I said above am certain of the Henman and Roddick games, and Dementieva does have a great record against hantuchova. She should win this fairly easily and I think 1.66 is a good price for (if i dare say it) 3 dead certs. Anyway fingers crossed and good luck

Re: Tennis Favourites system Henman is not my friend at the moment! Lost me 40pts and he may as well have not bothered to turn up! I will update the bank soon, with some selections for tonigh...lets hope we do a little better today! Sco

Re: Tennis Favourites system Ok here is the new bank roll: Bank Starting bank = 100 Current bank = 100.76 Total staked = 123.79 Number of bets = 9 Winning bets = 7 Losing bets = 2 Strike rate = 78% Yield = 0.006% Profit/Loss = +0.76pts Selection 1 Agassi, Safin double @1.623 on betfair 10pts Thats all I think for tonights games, although I may add another...i'l have a think Sco

Re: Tennis Favourites system 2nd selection Hrbaty to beat Johansson @1.5 on betfair 20pts This one is pretty close to call, however he has been playing well Hrbaty, and Johansson has played a few 5 setters, so he could be a little fatigued. Henman has already showed how fatigued people play, so Im gonna go big on this. I also have to say that he has a great record against Johansson it currently stand at 5-2 so there is a huge oppertunity here. Sco

Re: Tennis Favourites system 2 winners here, I have just a couple more selections: V Williams to beat Alicia molik @1.61 on betfair 15pts Will post back up with the new bank in the morning. Just one thing to beaqr in mind...the odds from bet365 are not always the best, so perhaps anyone following could bear this in mind. Sco

• 14 years later...