** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December

Spooner

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December

Im going to go against some of you guys in: Blackburn vs Swansea 6/5 Newcastle vs Chelsea 11/10 32red Though the main reasoning for laying both these teams is their recent form. However even taking that into consideration I feel its really 50/50 on 1 vs X2 thus the value being on the favourites. Chelsea and blackburn both have quality players that Swansea or Newcastle cannot match. Ive watched blackburn play recently and they perhaps deserve better for the way they've played games. Steve kean isnt a complete retard and has plenty of experience in the league before becoming first team manager and there are reasons why Venkys perhaps backed Kean. Samba is back from injury and Yakubu, Hoilet, Formica, Rochina, Nzonzi all avaliable is a major boost. Fixtures have dried up at E-wood in recent months so the supporters though unhappy will still get behind their team with good voice. Newcastle obviously have been the suprise package. Though Chelsea in crisis, Villas-Boas looks extremely coo and capable of handling situations. He has plenty of quality in his squad and should be firm enough to come away with all 3 points to leapfrog Newcastle for a champions league spot.
Both crazy games, but as predicted the quality from blackburn and chelsea eventually sealed the win. Hope Utd see through a poor Aston villa side imo to complete a good day :hope

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs vs Bolton Spurs win and under 3.5 goals 11/8 (bet365) As an Arsenal fan its painful to say it but in reality spurs are playing some great stuff at the moment. They have won 7 out of there last 8 premier league games and are on a great run of form, Bolton on the other hand are in the relgation zone having lost 4 out of there last 5. I can see this game being 2-0 or 3-0 spurs and am going to cover 3-1 as although there very good going forward there defence is not so convincing. :hope
:ok

6pts Most Booking Points - Chelsea @ 2.20 Bluesquare :nana 5pts Arsenal to win @ 1.62 Coral :nana 4pts (Tottenham) Over 3.0 Goals @ 1.67 Bet365 :\ 3pts (Man City) Highest Scoring Half - 2nd Half @ 2.10 Coral :nana
Pretty good day, with 3 out of 4 of my bets coming in, with stake returned in the other. Great shouts in here, good job all! :ok

Meeting: Newcastle United - Chelsea Type: Both teams to score Rate: 1.72 Rate: 7 / 10 Result: 0:3 :wall - Meeting: Blackburn Rovers - Swansea City Type: Both teams to score Rate: 1.72 Rate: 5 / 10 Result: 4:2 :nana - Meeting: Manchester City - Norwich City Type: Manchester City to score over 2.5 goals Rate: 1.72 Rate: 8 / 10 Result: 5:1 :nana - Meeting: Wigan Athletic - Arsenal Type: Arsenal to score over 2.5 goals Rate: 2.75 Rate: 3 / 10 Result: 0:4 :nana - Meeting: Aston Villa - Manchester United Type: Both teams to score Rate: 1.83 Rate: 6 / 10 Result: :wall
Premier League 3/5 , and United still playing.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Wolves v Sunderland. Both to score. 1.72 @ Bet365 (6/10) Looks like a score draw to me, let's say 1-1. Or a narrow home win. Sunderland with the much needed coaching change. O'Neill is not expected to be in charge just yet. Wolves are creating tons of chances in their matches and have to improve convertion rate to get more wins. They will score today for sure. Not convinced they can keep a clean sheet, though. Coaching changes naturally inspire teams to perform and that is what I expect from Black Cats. Wolves have not kept a clean sheet at home in last four. In last 10 matches between these two each team has scored at least once.

One early pick: Swansea +0AH @ 2.5 - 4/10 units (Bet365) Saturdays trip to Blackburn is a great opportunity for Swansea to get their first away win of the season. Swansea have made a good start to life in the PL and i consider the 14 points they have taken from 13 games a very good return considering they have already played Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea away from home. I have watched them on a couple of occasions now and some of the football they play is superb, with the likes Allen, Sinclair and Dyer in midfield and Danny Graham spearheading the attack i think they will cause the Blackburn defence some problems. I dont need to go into the problems that Blackburn face, a solitary PL victory in 13 games says it all. The fans arnt fully behind the team at the moment with Steve Kean at the helm and it would not surprise me if he becomes the 2nd manager of the season to go, perhaps this weekend if they fail to register a win? My only question of Swansea would be over their abilty to convert their chances, hence why i have taken the draw as cover, but with a leaky Blackburn defence i think they will be able to :hope
Not my greatest selection. Just seen the highlights some of the defending on show was very poor. Both sides will certainly have to tighten up if they wish to be playing premiership football. Silly sending off ruined Swansea's chance when they were starting to get back into it :\

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Everton vs Stoke Although Everton probably deserve to be odds on, I wouldn't be diving on us. Depending on the line-ups I think a lay of Everton might be the call for this. Everton have kept 2 cleans sheets this season, against struggling Bolton and against Blackburn, where we conceeded 2 penalties. Today I really don't think Distin is going to make it so you're looking at Heitinga and Jagielka in the centre with Baines and Hibbert at full-back. That is actually a very small back-line and against a team like Stoke you're asking to be punished. Up front it's well documented that Everton are no great shakes. With Drenthe being out injured we have little creativity or pace and will be relying on Baines getting forward to make something happen. Bilyaletdinov would probably be our most creative outlet but its unlikely he will play ahead of Cahill but Moyes is very loyal to Cahill despite him doing nothing of note for about a year now. I could rabbit on all day but I won't. I just don't think this is set in stone and I am very worried about the height of our defence against Stoke. Peter Crouch anytime @ 11/4 is worth having a go at I reckon.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Everton & Sunderland double: 9/2 with Victor Chandler A simple double for simple reasons: Everton (3/4) are at home and facing a Stoke team that plays poorly away, especially after playing in Europe on the previous Thursday. Also, if you look at Everton's record over their last 11 games their defeats have come against 5 of the top 6, and Stoke are nowhere near that quality. Sunderland (21/10) players will also be aware of the fact that Martin O'Neill will be in the stands watching their every move so as individuals they'll be keen to impress. Wolves' only home wins so far this season have been against very poor teams: Wigan, Blackburn and Fulham in Week 2 when Fulham were playing terribly.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Newcastle - Chelsea over 2.5 @ 1.99 :D Blackburn - Swansea under 2.5 @ 1.90 :( Man City - Norwich over 3.5 @ 2.05 :D QPR - West Brom over 2.5 @ 2.06 :( Tottenham - Bolton over 3.5 @ 2.19 :( Wigan - Arsenal over 3.5 @ 2.68 :D Aston Villa - Man Utd under 2.5 @ 1.94 :D Season record: 58-72 (+15.86) Everton - Stoke over 2.5 @ 2.06 pinnacle Everton have found some form of late, winning 3 of their last 5 games, and they have been scoring despite not having the strikers to do so. Still they have managed to score in 5 of their last 6 games, and scored twice in their last two games, as they have made the most of the limited chances they create. With Stoke having conceded in each of their last 5 games, with 4 of these games, they allowed at least 3 goals in, then like Everton to breach this defence, and score at least once here. Stoke have scored in 4 of their last 5 games, and at least twice in their last two games, as they stopped a 4 game losing sequence with a 3-1 win over Blackburn last week. They will like their chances of scoring on Everton given that it looks like Distin in particular may be out again, and will use their height as an advantage here. Everton had conceded in 9 straight games until they beat Bolton 2-0 last week, but can see Stoke scoring here. Everton have scored and conceded in 4 of their last 6 games, with these 4 games going over, as well as 3 of their last 5 home games, while Stoke have scored and conceded in 4 of their last 5 games, with all 5 of these games going over, as well as in 3 of their last 4 away games they have gone over. Expect Stoke to reverse their poor performances after a Europa League game, given that they rested the majority of their first team from the draw with Dynamo Kiev, and should be able to take it to Everton. Like the look of goals in this game. Wolves - Sunderland over 2.5 @ 2.06 pinnacle With both sides sitting 16th and 17th respectively on the ladder, then a win is massive for both sides. Wolves have been struggling, as they have conceded in each of their last 10 games, and allowed at least two goals in 9 of them, and with Sunderland looking to impress their new manager, who will likely be watching from the stand, then like the visitors to score, as they have done so in 8 of their last 10 games. Wolves have been scoring at home, banging in 6 goals in their last 3 home games, but the problem is that they have allowed 5 goals as well. With Sunderland having allowed 5 goals in their last 4 away games, while scoring 4 themselves, then likely that they will be able to score on the visitors, as they have players out injured in defence, and it was one of the main reasons why Bruce got the sack. These two teams have featured in 4 high scoring games in their last 4 meetings in the EPL, and with their current problems in not been able to keep a clean sheet, then can see this game also seeing goals in it. Taking this one early with the lines dropping: Liverpool @ 2.25 pinnacle Liverpool suffered a big blow with the loss of Lucas who injured his knee and his out for the season, but their away form has been good this season as they have won their last 3 away games at Chelsea, West Brom and Everton, where they have scored twice in each of them, and only Chelsea managed to score on them. They have allowed the least amount of goals in the EPL (just 12) and like their defence to contain a Fulham side, that has lost their last two home games 3-1 to both Tottenham and Everton. While they have only scored 17 goals this season, they have managed to create plenty of clear cut chances, and it is only a matter of time that Suarez starts to hit the back of the net regularly. Furthermore, they have won 3 of their last 4 game at Fulham, and like Kenny's boys to win again, as their passing and movement has been very good when on song. The draw with Man city and the Carling Cup win over Chelsea will have boosted their confidence, and they know that these type of games they have to win if they are to accomplish their aim of getting into the top 4 by the end of the season

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Everton v Stoke - First Goalscorer Fellaini 14/1 with Paddypower (each-way) Fellaini's had a return to form and confidence by the look of it lately and I'm having a speculative punt that the positive thinking that comes with this will see him presented with some goal scoring opportunities. I expect the game to be a bit scrappy and hopefully he can get on the end of something in the area. I don't really see much value in Everton's main attackers so getting in to this at small stakes.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Everton @4/6, 1 Unit Stoke have been poor this season and the Europa League certainly hasn't helped. Stoke have lost every game following a Europa League clash and I'm backing this trend to continue this week, having played in Europe on Thursday night. Everton had a tough start but are back to winning ways after narrow losses to Newcastle and Man United. I think they comfortable outclass Stoke today. Also Have and threefold of: Everton Draw (Wolves v Sunderland) Liverpool 1 unit @ 12/1 Everton for the reasons above. I really can't find anything of value in the Wolves game, Wolves have been the worse team so far in my opinion, but Sunderland have had a poor run and will be nervy after the change of management this week. I expect a boring 0-0/1-1. Liverpool have beaten Chelsea twice and drawn (and could have beaten) Man City in the space of 10 days. I think they are much stronger than Fulham and despite Liverpool's blip against Swansea, they have to be winning these games if they expect to be competing for a champions league spot at the end of the season.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December e527e19ff5799c5bd6f4ecd080ec2889.gif With the russian foot on the winter break, I'll try to fly away with my selections on the remaining leagues (untill March 2012). Using same staking plan, units management from the Russian Football. It remains to pick the.. winner and to stake.. right. After a bad start for this month, going 1st and 2nd December 0-1-5 -26.0 units , turned Saturday (3r) with 5-0-2, net profit + 45.14 units. Its all right its okay cuz I am on my way to keep it right December 2012 (max. units per match = 10): +5=1-7 (41.67%) +19.14 units staked: 82 won: 58.14 lost: 39 yield: +23.34% avg. stake: 6.31/10 avg. odds: 2.31 England - Premier League Wolves - Sunderland Reccomend: Sunderland (+0.25) Asian Handicap @ 1.826 4/10 Pinnacle Asian Handicap Explained: The underdog team is advanced with a quarter goal before the kick off. Example: Wolves vs Sunderland / Asian Handicap – 0:1/4 (0.25) Home Odds – 1.964 / Away Odds – 1.826 * I bet 4 units on Sunderland to win with +1/4 (+0.25) asian handicap. * To win entirely the stake, I need Sunderland to win the game. If they win the game, I win 4 X 1.826 = 7.304 units. It means I will make 7.3 - 4 = 3.3 u profit. * If a draw occurs, I get half of my stake (2 units) back and win the other half (2 u) at 1.826. It means, I win 2 units (back) + (2 units X 1.826) = 5.62 units. My profit in this case will be 5.62 - 4 = 1.62 units. * If Wolves wins, the initial stake (4 units)... lost. Read previews on this encounter and see many go with Sunderland on this one. Sacking of Sunderand's coach it might be a turning point for this team, it remains to see if it will pay off this psyhological move from the first game. Looking back in Spanish Primera, last night we had Racing Santander vs Villareal, something similar happened with Racing as the argentinian Cuper resigned. Result: Racing won 1-0. Wolves despite going over 2,5 in 8 of theyr last 9, with past 5 consecutive will face a strong willed Sunderland side that will put on tight defensive. All said by others fellow tipsters about this match. 1d89ad0181d6efa3ea7fc5bca8ec49da.gif Other possible bets: * Both team to score? No @ 2.00 Bet365 * Under 2.5 goals * Sunderland Clean Sheet? Yes Will go here with 4pts on the away win +0.25, not beeing my highest stake for this Sunday. With regards, Abdelmalik Safin - Russian Football Expert tipping on the world's best forum for sporting information, The Punters' Lounge. Voted for the 3rd consecutive year, best russian handicapper (selections for the russian football leagues) by the prestigious magazine "Cocktail Bets" 11820.gif

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Everton - Stoke: Everton @ 1.75 (Paddy Power) 10/10 After a bad string of results where Everton went 1-0-5, the hosts have picked up 2 consecutive wins and go into this match with some confidence. Stoke played a mid-week Europa League encounter and will have some extra fatigue. The guests don't have the depth in the roster to deal with league matches and the Europa League and this has led to some poor results (Stoke sit in 13th place) with the team losing 4 out of the last 5 matches. Furthermore, Stoke has a poor away record (1-1-4) and a poor H2H record against Everton (1-2-3). The odds, I think, are acceptable for Everton's win. Wolves - Sunderland: Draw @ 3.30 (Blue Square) 10/10 The teams sit in 17th and 16th place respectively and are desperate for points in an attempt to distance themselves from the relegation line. Neither team has played well recently and I believe that both will want to avoid defeat as a priority which may make this match a defensive encounter. This, I think, increases the chances of the draw result which is offered at good odds and worth the risk in a match where both teams have only 1 win in their last 8 matches.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Think Wolves odds are too long (2.54 on Betfair) for their game against Sunderland today. Sunderland have appointed O'Neill but he won't actually be in charge for this game. Wolves haven't been that impressive this season but neither have Sunderland. Not that much difference in quality between two sides you'd say Sunderland have the edge but home advantage is always big and Wolves had a good home record last season and beat Wigan in their last home game. They'll surely see this has a big chance to get three points, Sunderland not the best of travellers and surely home win is clearly most likely result here.

Everton & Sunderland double: 9/2 with Victor Chandler A simple double for simple reasons: Everton (3/4) are at home and facing a Stoke team that plays poorly away, especially after playing in Europe on the previous Thursday. Also, if you look at Everton's record over their last 11 games their defeats have come against 5 of the top 6, and Stoke are nowhere near that quality. Sunderland (21/10) players will also be aware of the fact that Martin O'Neill will be in the stands watching their every move so as individuals they'll be keen to impress. Wolves' only home wins so far this season have been against very poor teams: Wigan, Blackburn and Fulham in Week 2 when Fulham were playing terribly.
Don't know what's up with me lately, couldnt pick the winner of a one-horse race this week ffs. Well done to all winners.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December I should have read your post before my ht/ft back of Everton, good info. Although Everton probably deserve to be odds on, I wouldn't be diving on us. Depending on the line-ups I think a lay of Everton might be the call for this. Everton have kept 2 cleans sheets this season, against struggling Bolton and against Blackburn, where we conceeded 2 penalties. Today I really don't think Distin is going to make it so you're looking at Heitinga and Jagielka in the centre with Baines and Hibbert at full-back. That is actually a very small back-line and against a team like Stoke you're asking to be punished. Up front it's well documented that Everton are no great shakes. With Drenthe being out injured we have little creativity or pace and will be relying on Baines getting forward to make something happen. Bilyaletdinov would probably be our most creative outlet but its unlikely he will play ahead of Cahill but Moyes is very loyal to Cahill despite him doing nothing of note for about a year now. I could rabbit on all day but I won't. I just don't think this is set in stone and I am very worried about the height of our defence against Stoke. Peter Crouch anytime @ 11/4 is worth having a go at I reckon.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Hey guys, first post. Found this forum a couple of hours ago and if only I'd found it earlier. I'm a noive to gambling but thought I would be ok with the following accumulator: Man Utd Chelsea Wolves Everton Osasuna Schalke Napoli Those damn Toffees let me down. :( Wish I'd read HoldenCaulfield's post.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Based on some posts here, current form and last season's 2-5 Liverpool win. I think Liverpool will win tomorrow's match, so I decided to go with the Correct Score market: I spread 2 Units on the following score lines: Liverpool to win: 0-2 (@11.5 with Betfair) 1-2 (@10.0) 1-3 (@20.0) Ever since their 4-0 drubbing @ Spurs, Liverpool have won 0-2 @ Everton, 0-2 @ West Brom. & 1-2 @ Chelsea. While Fulham have lost their last 2 home games, 1-3 vs Everton and 1-3 vs Tottenham. I reckon there's no way Fulham will win this and a slight chance of a score draw occurring, so I decided to go with what I think are the 3 most likely score lines.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Fulham vs Liverpool Pick: 2 Probable starting eleven: Fulham: Schwarzer, Baird, Senderos, Hangeland, Riise, Murphy, Etuhu, Dempsey, Ruiz, Zamora, Dembele Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Henderson, Adam, Spearing, Downing, Suarez, Carroll Liverpool away form is excellent. They have three consecutive victories in Premier League. The opponents were not naive. Just look the results: 20.11. Chelsea - Liverpool 1:2 29.10. West Brom - Liverpool 0:2 01.10. Everton - Liverpool 0:2 Even more, Liverpool is doing great job in Carling cup too. And they have also three consecutive victories on road. The last one was again at Stamford Bridge. That is why I am thinking Liverpool will win at Craven Cottage tonight. Both teams are not complete for this encounter. Kenny Dalglish will miss injured Lucas Leiva, whiloe Martin Jol has two injured players - Stephen Kelly and Damien Duff. They will probably be replaced by Chris Baird and Brian Ruiz. I think the quality is on Liverpool side. They are better team at the moment and they are closer to the victory here. The players confidence is surely high after the last two victories at Stamford Bridge and I am expecting Liverpool to win.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Will keep this short. I think Liverpool have the tools to win tonight, albiet Lucas is a big miss. But with the likes of Bellamy, Suarez and Maxi in the side, they are very dangerous on the counter attack. Therefore I think there is a fair chance that they could win by more than 1 goal, particularly if they were to take a first half lead and Fulham had to chase the game more. Most bookies have Liverpool -1EH around 3.75 - 4.00 mark. But William Hill have a special offer of Liverpool to win by 2 or more at 5.00. I think this enhanced price is big enough to have a go. 1pt Liverpool to win by 2 or more @5.00 - William Hill :hope

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December I actually had Fulham +0.5 AH on my list, but there seems to be so many convincing arguments for Liverpool in here, I'm gonna just sidestep this one and watch. I think it will be a close game, have a feeling Fulham are improving and can be tough enough at home when they put it together. Lucas is a big loss, I'm convinced about that and I do think his endeavour and positioning will be missed. I think it will be a close game tbh and wouldn't attach too much importance to Liverpool's win there last season when looking at an angle for tonight, although you cannot ignore their recent form which is more important. Anyway, not getting involved, might be an interesting watch though.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December I myself was all for lumping on Liverpool but I think they are vastly underpriced for a start, and with Lucas out they have lost their man of match for most games this season, Henderson as replacement does not fill me with confidence. He was dreadfull against city, passes going astray, 1st touches going wayward and shots all going pear shaped. For me I would take 2.3 on Liverpool if Lucas was playing but with the team Liverpool are putting out tonight I would be looking for at least 3.00, value is on home side or 1X. Tough to call but will watch first 10-15 mins to see how the script plays out

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December I'm in two minds about Liverpool vs Fulham. I had a Fulham season ticket las year and know a lot about them (well I hope so anyway). Though Lucas is influential for Pool, I don't think his absence will be that big a miss against Fulham who tend not to attack through the central space due to the limited creativity there, Murphy really shows his age and neither Sidwell or Etuhu are creative. They work best with Zamora winning a ball up to him and building the attack deep in the opponents half from this, usually with Dempsey and Dembele diagonally running to support him. Defensively they can be exposed (as they were last season at LB due to the woeful Salcido) but I haven't seen enough of their new look defence this year to comment. I actually would be inclined to bet on Fulham (score predict 2-1) to win but am no way confident enough to do so and without starting line ups so best thing to probably bet is BBTS; but in saying that I'll probably give this game a miss :ok