** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December

Spooner

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December

I think what he means is if we bet in Euro's, Dollars, Pounds or whatever. I bet in Euro's, so if I bet 1 unit ( for example 10 Euro's ) I can win 10 x 2.65= € 26,50
true. If you bet in isreali shekla, you'd get 26.5 shekla

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Stoke results after EL games: 4/4 losses, 1 goal scored, 14 conceded Pulis did some changes to the squad, but Everton rocorded back to back wins in EPL and should get the points here Small punt also on Everton to score >3.5 @9 with bet365

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Arsenal (vs Wigan) x Spurs (vs Bolton) Double @ 2.04 (Paddy Power:6pts) Gonna go for a Nth London double this weekend. We travel to Wigan and I do think we have a great chance of getting the 3 pts as I see Wigan as one of, if not the worst side in the league with a shocking defence. Our good league form slowed last weekend with a laboured draw vs Fulham but luck wasnt with us on the day and we had a gruelling clash with Dortmund a few days previously which left us heavy-legged. We were able to rotate mostly in midweek vs City so alot of the senior players should be fresh and ready for this. I expect: Szczesny, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Santos, Song, Arteta, Ramsey, Theo, Van Persie, Gervinho. I do see us creating a good few chances in this one as I've been thorougly unimpressed with Wigans defending this season. Away win for me. Spurs take on Bolton and looking at the form of both sides, would have to favour a home win. Bolton are really struggling this season, not impressed with them at all. They had good depth in attack last season with Sturridge, Elmander, Davies and Lee was fit on the wing, this season they are lacking that quality, dont score enough and are leaking goals at will. Only a few of Spurs senior players played in midweek so they should be fresh and ready for this one. Home win I think. Everton to bt Stoke @ 1.75 (Paddy Power:5pts) I tend to avoid Everton at odds-on at home, but I've not been impressed with Stoke lately bar the Blackburn game, and they are usually pretty average on the road. Add in a tough match vs Kiev last night(they rotated a bit aswell tbf) and I have to favour Everton in this one. The Blues have had a mixed season, they are really lacking firepower this season but they've ground out a couple of good wins in the last 2 games at home to Wolves and away to Bolton. I think this is another great chance to secure 3 points, wouldnt go big on it though as I worry about Everton's ability to really score enough goals. But I can see a 2-1 or 2-0 win for them. GL!

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Spurs vs Bolton Spurs win and under 3.5 goals 11/8 (bet365) As an Arsenal fan its painful to say it but in reality spurs are playing some great stuff at the moment. They have won 7 out of there last 8 premier league games and are on a great run of form, Bolton on the other hand are in the relgation zone having lost 4 out of there last 5. I can see this game being 2-0 or 3-0 spurs and am going to cover 3-1 as although there very good going forward there defence is not so convincing. :hope

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Wigan - Arsenal
Selection Arsenal
Strength 10/10
Date 03/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.60
Reasoning Arsenal should win this one without any problem. The Gunners made a mistake last weekend against Fulham at home (1:1) and now the team will be motivated not to lose any other points against teams from the bottom half of the table and to make the difference between them and the leaders even bigger. In the midweek Arsenal lost 0:1 against Manchester City and got eliminated from Carling cup, but for this game Arsen Wenger used young players, which actually played a very good game and just didn't have luck at the end. Also Arsenal will for sure be the winners of their group in the Champions League, so this is another tournament, that the gunners didn't have to worry anymore this calendar year. With Van Persi, Gervinho, Walcott and Ramsey the team is looking scary enough and Wigan won't have any chance to stop them. Wigan won last weekend against Sunderland, but they had a lot of luck and even with the three points, the team didn't show any improvement in their game and have to do a lot better if they want to keep their place in the Premier League for the next season.
I too like Arsenal at this price. Not too keen on Ramsey, but Walcott's pace down the right will scare the Wigan defence and RvP will find gaps in a poor Wigan defence. Gervinho down the left looks good for Arsenal. As for conceding goals, Ben Watson's set pieces look the most likely threat but otherwise a comfortable win for Arsenal :cheers

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Manchester City - Norwich over 3.5 goals 1/1 at Paddy Power. Two teams who like to attack, and in Norwich's case not the best defence or match up against Manchester City. I can see Mancini resting a few big games ahead of their important midweek Champions League clash with Bayern Munich, but his replacements aren't bad ;) Another chance for Edin Dzeko to tally up a few more goals Dimitar Berbatov style. City themselves give away sloppy goals and I can picture Morison taking advantage of some sloppy defending in this one. Pilkington delivers a good set piece too, so if Mancini decides to give Savic another chance in the middle of defence then Norwich should be able to find themselves a headed goal. Should be a good one for MotD - I'm anticipating lots of goals :hope

Spurs vs Bolton Spurs win and under 3.5 goals 11/8 (bet365) As an Arsenal fan its painful to say it but in reality spurs are playing some great stuff at the moment. They have won 7 out of there last 8 premier league games and are on a great run of form, Bolton on the other hand are in the relgation zone having lost 4 out of there last 5. I can see this game being 2-0 or 3-0 spurs and am going to cover 3-1 as although there very good going forward there defence is not so convincing. :hope
It's actually 9 of the last 10 :ok

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Arsenal WIN vs Wigan and Villa vs United Under 3.5 @ 2.1 Arsenal are on good form in the league despite hiccup last time out against Fulham 1-1. Their fatigue was evident as a solid Fulham deservedly held out for a draw. Having rested the majority of those players in a 1-0 loss to City in the Carling Cup they should have had plenty of time to recover, especially players "on edge" such as Van Persie Song Arteta and Ramsey who have played almost every league game. They don't have a good record at the JJB but have usually faced them after or before key games or in a bad injury spell. They have Wilshere and RB Sagna out who are key players, but their team still looks vastly superior to Wigan's with Vermaelen, Song, Ramsey, Walcott and Van Perise all been very impressive this season. There isn't too much to say about Wigan this season except they have been in dire form. Their start of 5 pts from 9 (against all 3 new teams) seems loooong ago. 8 successive defeats against mainly midtable teams mean they have a horrendous fixture list- playing the top 7 teams all in the next 10 games! (swap newcastle for stoke away). They beat Sunderland last time due to a last minute slip from sunderland defender though it should be noted this team are in awful form themselves. Not too many injury concerns for Wigan and no doubt they would have got confidence from good win last time out. Without N'Zogbia and off form Rodallega they look poor attacking and no Alcaraz here (him and Figueroa best defenders) means their defence will be more exposed to Arsenal attacks. Cannot see anything other than away win. United have lost some verve from early season and missed the chance to capitalise on rare dropped points by City with 1-1 draw at home to Newcastle. In 8 out of 9 games away in all comps they haven't gone over 3.5 goals. Defensively they have been very solid- 1 goal conceded in 4 (PL) since THAT manchester derby. This comes as no surprise, with the return of Vidic. Villa in all comps at home have gone under 3.5 6 out of 8 times. The only times they didn't were against Norwich (3-2) and relegation threatened Blackburn (3-1). Against Utd who have solidified I cannot see them scoring more than 1. And United have focussed on the defence after set backs in results this season (playing Rooney in midfield is testament to the loss of attacking threat) so I can see them doing the same here to get over poor result in carling cup. Utd to win narrowly in a low scoring game I feel. Betfair :hope

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Not much to add but agree with the backing of Swansea and Newcastle on the handicap which has been mentioned. Chelsea and Blackburn are two sides who are obviously completely out of form and with numerous problems, so can't have them as 2.1 favourites, both against sides high in confidence. Have gone for the +0.5 AH in either case.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Also Wigan vs Arsenal over 2.5 looks good, 1.75 with Betfair. This game has seen a lot of goals in the last few years, going over 3 times in a row with some memorable games. Arsenal will play the way they always do away from home vs bottom half sides which always leads to open games. Both defences are prone to errors. All but one of Arsenal's away games have gone over whilst a majority of Wigan's home games have gone over. Looks good odds to me.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December At those odds lay MANU still weak and no squad depth as proved against Palace lay MANC 1.2 is just too good to turn down 11 v 11 lay CHELSEA way under priced out of form back ARSENAL cant see Wigan being tight enough back SPURS Bolton are toothless spineless and tactically clueless Draw written all over Rovers and the Shot shy Swans Away win for Stoke 6.0 is to good to turn down and they have players returning. Everton are a good team and will be top ten when they get some one in who can hit a barn door, until then they will labour on.:hope

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Meeting: Newcastle United - Chelsea Type: Both teams to score Rate: 1.72 Rate: 7 / 10 Analysis: At 13:45 the meeting will begin at 14 inagurację Premier League. At a recent St. yet. James Park, come to team meetings between Newcastle and Chelsea. Alan Pardew wards, without a doubt this season surprised by his attitude, currently occupying fourth position in the league. Newcastle now undergoing heavy "Test". Indeed, in recent weeks they had to be measured against teams from Manchester. In this line, however, will have to face "The Blues". Newcastle United since the beginning of the season, playing pretty good football, which may be liked. In meetings with top teams League, fought as equals. Alan Pardew proteges in their own stadium, they are unbeaten. Although the St. James Park has already arrived brands such as Arsenal or Tottenham. Despite this stadium, "Magpie" was not conquered by any of these teams. Newcastle 0-0 Arsenal zremisowało and also split on points with Tottenham, tied 2-2 meeting. The meeting between these teams, for sure guarantee us a lot of emotion. Match at Arena Sports Direct, will be very important for Newcastle. Will be honored the memory of the former Newcastle player, who recently committed suicide. Speech, of course, Gary Speedzie, who in the team, "Magpie" spent six years, appearing in 213 meetings and typing on the scoresheet 23 times. Chelsea can not boast of the best records in recent meetings. The team from London has lost five matches, the last nine in all competitions. Andre Villas - Boas does not deal in recent weeks. What does not change the fact that Chelsea is still a dangerous team. Three of the last four league meetings between these teams ended in division points. It is worth noting that the team Newcastle striker Demba Ba we have that in the last twelve meetings, scored nine goals for "Magpie". As for absenteeism in both teams, both with guest hosts as well as in unfortunately they have arisen. The team from Direct Sports Arena, will not see Cheick Tiote, whose knee injury ruled out. Besides Iworyjczykiem, Sylvain Marveaux will not play, currently treating injured groin. But back to the composition of Leon Best, who unlike his colleague Marveauxa the Team already managed to handle the injury, the same ligament. For the composition of "The Blues" after serving a suspension, back John Terry. Are still unavailable John Obi Mikel and Michael Essien. It promises to be a very interesting meeting in which we see a lot of fighting. Question that one can only ask, is "who will come out of this battle with his head tilted upwards?". The answer is rather simple, which is why I recommend to play that both teams to score. - Meeting: Blackburn Rovers - Swansea City Type: Both teams to score Rate: 1.72 Rate: 5 / 10 Analysis: Promises to be a very interesting encounter at Ewood Park, Blackburn Rovers between Swansea City and beniaminkiem. Hosts currently occupy the last position in the table, having your account just seven points. The only victory the team was able to refer Blackburn, took place at "their own rubbish ', when the wards Steve Kean, won after a hard battle with the team," Gunners ". The meeting ended with the result 4:3. Despite this victory, nothing has changed in the Rovers team, at home losing three consecutive meetings. First arrived at Ewood Park team from Manchester. "The Citizens' celebrated host of empty-handed, beating them 0-4. The next meeting at Ewood Park Tottenham Hotspur racked up points by winning 1:2. The last meeting of the league encounter at home, then lost 0-1 to Chelsea. Swansea City, newly promoted as doing quite well. It is now in thirteenth place and has won 14 points. Darling in exit meetings copes average, noting the six meetings, four defeats and two draws. It could seem that it is in the game against Blackburn, it comes to breaking the streak exit, nothing wrong Blackburn sixteen league games at home against Swansea won thirteen times, the last victory over Rovers, Swansea took place in 1971, then that "The Swans' 2-1 win. However, many points to draw a gate. "Blue - White" in the league meetings, meetings of sixteen did not keep a clean sheet. Waro also add that Blackburn Rovers, played on Tuesday a meeting of the Carling Cup. "The Riversiders" docile, Cardiff Away team, losing 2-0, and thus bade farewell to these competitions. Given the composition of who returns to Blackburn it may seem that the chances to score a goal by Swansea are negligible. And now to the point. For Rovers team, defensive back trio in the form of a team captain - Christopher Samba and Martin Olsson and Michel Salgado. But lacking playmaker Steven Nzonziego team. In Swansea and will not play right-back Angel Rangel, which will replace the Jazz Richards. Will also be striker Danny Graham. Despite the team's return to Blackburn Rovers and Swansea absenteeism in the team, I look forward to a very fierce encounter, in which no one gets the full pot, but both teams to score. - Meeting: Manchester City - Norwich City Type: Manchester City to score over 2.5 goals Rate: 1.72 Rate: 8 / 10 Analysis: The meeting between the Premier League leader, and beniaminkiem of Norwich. Rather, the outcome of this meeting is clear. No one in Manchester, in addition to United fans, do not believe that Norwich can subtract any points excellent dysponowanemu City. "The Citizens' meeting on Tuesday, they played in the Carling Cup. Rival was demanding, because, as we have measured the Manchester City against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium. Unfortunately, despite the fact that the "Gunners" putting a better chance of scoring situations, and they were a tad better than the guests, fell the result 0:1. City played in this meeting, "reserves". I wrote it in quotes, because if you can call it that eleven City, which consisted of players like Pantilimon, Kolo Toure, De Jong, Hargreaves, Johnson, Kolarov, Nasri or Dzeko. This is a very well known names, which include a power of Manchester City. In this case, prior to the meeting against Norwich, you can not talk about any fatigue hosts. At Etihad Stadium, and across the English league, Mancini wards, are unbeaten. At home have six meetings, six victories. What is more at home shooting average 3 goals per game. Norwich is the best writing down a darling in the Premier League. Are exactly in the middle of the table, the tenth position and sixteen points on your account. I must admit that in exit meetings deal on average. In six meetings away, once they managed to grab three points, two share points and three times coming down the pitch defeated. Everything indicates, however, that after tomorrow's meeting at Etihad Stadium, their balance deteriorates by one defeat. The composition of Manchester City, Mario Balotelli returns and Gareth Barry, who return from suspension. Because the composition of the falls, however, Aleksandr Kolarov. Norwich and "strengthen" the two central defenders back Zak Whitbread and Daniel Ayala. Questionable performance is borrowed from Manchester United will Laeta Richie, is still excluded Elliott Ward. As can be seen in the two crews rather not have serious shortcomings, but as we know it City has a stronger squad, which rather win at Etihad Stadium. The only question is how high? I think the meeting will end with a score 3-0, and therefore, the type I propose in this meeting is over gate home team. - Meeting: Wigan Athletic - Arsenal Type: Arsenal to score over 2.5 goals Rate: 2.75 Rate: 3 / 10 Analysis: At the same time, while Manchester City will fight for another victory in the league, at the DW Stadium comes to a meeting between Wigan Athletic and Arsenal. This meeting will be crucial for Wenger's team in a moment I will explain why. Arsenal still climbing to the top of the table, winning match after match. But in the last round, in which the leader has lost points tied with Liverpool, the "Gunners" lost points at home, tied 1-1 in the London derby against Fulham. The draw for Arsenal, he was as lost, because in all the players Arsene Wenger's meeting were the better team on the class, but lacked finish. The meeting fell two goals, two goals scored, "Gunners", namely Thomas Vermaelen, who despite their own goals for the team scored an own goal. The meeting ended with the result 1:1. Despite this, again, Arsenal showed the good side. The best sniper squad Robin Van Persie seems to be unstoppable, despite the fact that no goals scored in the last meeting of the league. "The Gunners" just three days after the league meeting, they played the Carling Cup quarter-final, losing 0-1 to Manchester City. The attitude of players defeat the meeting cheered probably the most demanding fan of "The Gunners". Arsene Wenger would not overwork your players with the basic eleven, among other things gave the rest to our compatriot Szczęsnemu Wojtek, who was replaced by Lukasz Fabianski. The defense got free Andre Santos, Per Mertesacker and Thomas Vermaelen, the latter played just ten minutes against City. In addition to the defensive players arranged, free also got virtually all of the players who are offensive help and Arsenal. It is, of course, Alex Song, Mikel Arteta, Aaron Ramsey, Theo Walcott and Robin Van Persie. You may thing that, like in the team, "The Citizens" - Arsenal is fully rested for the meeting. "The Latics" is a team located in the relegation places, actually a similar course as in the 2010/2011 season. Nineteenth item and just nine points, but it is worth noting that peer for Wigan in two meetings against Blackburn Rovers and Sunderland have won four points. They managed to tie at home to Blackburn 3-3 and win the last meeting with Sunderland 2-1. It is not known whether this growing form of Wigan, and maybe pure coincidence but a weak disposition, and Blackburn and Sunderland. Wigan when it comes to goal earned, not something to be proud. In the past thirteen meetings of the Premier League, they have only twelve times to pack the ball to the net rival ... This is a very poor result, which is not optimistic before today's meeting. Despite this, Arsenal ewidetnie on trips "is not" team Wigan. In the last two meetings at the DW Stadium, Wenger's proteges have won just one point ... When it comes to injuries and suspension in both crews a little of this is. In Wigan we will not see Antolin Alcaraz, who pauses last game after a foul on Richard Stearmanie. But back to the composition of the defender Emmerson Boyce. The team of "The Gunners" are still missing Bacary'ego Sangny, Wilsherea Jack, Carl and Kieran Gibbs Jekinsona, in addition to the list of injured Abou Diaby joined again, and Thomas Rosicky. All signs in the heavens and the earth, indicates that the DW Stadium will see a fierce encounter. However, I think Martinez proteges are not able to stop rushing Arsenal. If Arsenal today, will have better performance than in previous meetings, I expect the likes of the pogrom 0:3 - 0:4. - Meeting: Aston Villa - Manchester United Type: Both teams to score Rate: 1.83 Rate: 6 / 10 Analysis: In my second most interesting meeting for the 14th Premier League. At Villa Park, coming runner-up table, which recently has a poor form, or Manchester United. Manchseter United, after a fantastic start to the season slowed the pace, you would thing that as many as a very ... resulting wymęczonymi results after 1-0, and even defeat in the last meeting of the Carling Cup. Manchester Untied, at home losing 1:2 after extra time at Crystal Palace. Actually, it seems to me that it was in the game against Aston Villa, Sir Alex Ferguson's wards in the end break the ice and begin play as early in the season, but are you sure? Aston Villa could be said, that opens the second half of the table. On the eighth players are Alex McLeish, having to his credit sixteen points and losing for the seventh Arsenal seven points. Even so, at their stadium does not tend to lose, the six meetings have lost only once and tied twice, besides a set of points gained from such teams jak Blackburn Rovers, Wigan and Norwich, it can not power the Premier League, but it is always victory. In five of six meetings at home of Aston Villa fired at least one goal, they could not only against Wolverhampton, then fell goalless draw. The team of Villa Park, returning after an injury the team captain Stiliyan Petrov. Away from Old Trafford, will have to cope without Dimiatara Berbatov, Danny Welbeck and two young but very frequently occurring in the first team players, we are talking about Rafael and Fabio Silva. Manchester United have lost only one game of the last thirty-one meetings. But in the last four meetings, both teams fired on at least one goal. According to my humble person, at Villa Park scored a gate draw, because I bet that both teams to score. I invite and encourage you to discuss!

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Swansea and Everton wins stand out for me this weekend in the Premier League. Everton playing a Stoke side who have a woeful record when playing after playing in Europe mid-week and Everton starting to play well now with back to back wins. As for Swansea, we all know they are extremely tough to beat and great defensively. Their problem is they don't have much invention up front. However this Blackburn side are fairly easy to break down. Confidence at Ewood Park must be very low at the moment after being dumped out of the cup. Surely its only a matter of time before the manager leaves or is sacked. I expect Swansea to take full advantage. Anything over 2/1 looks like a great price!

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Newcastle vs Chelsea - Newcastle @ 3.95 Betfair What a brilliant price for Newcastle. We're all well aware of Chelsea's poor form, and AVB doesn't look like being able to arrest the slump any time soon. By contrast, Newcastle have only lost to City, and looked good at Old Trafford last week. They're even better at home, and Chelsea are a far weaker team than United. Chelsea have only kept 3 clean sheets all season, so Newcastle are more than likely to score. Their defence is very strong as well, and it's going to take a lot for Chelsea to even get a goal at St James'. It's going to be 1-0 Newcastle, and I'm absolutely certain of it. Tottenham vs Bolton - Draw @ 5.7 Betfair Spurs' good form cannot and will not last forever. They played on Wednesday, and lost in very poor fashion. Obviously they are rightly favourites here against a Bolton side that has been poor this season but this is a great price on Bolton nicking a hard fought draw here. I've got faith that Coyle will be able to turn Bolton's fortunes around, and what better place to start than here? Not a banker by any means, but a good price for a cheeky punt.

Arsenal (vs Wigan) x Spurs (vs Bolton) Double @ 2.04 (Paddy Power:6pts) Gonna go for a Nth London double this weekend. We travel to Wigan and I do think we have a great chance of getting the 3 pts as I see Wigan as one of, if not the worst side in the league with a shocking defence. Our good league form slowed last weekend with a laboured draw vs Fulham but luck wasnt with us on the day and we had a gruelling clash with Dortmund a few days previously which left us heavy-legged. We were able to rotate mostly in midweek vs City so alot of the senior players should be fresh and ready for this. I expect: Szczesny, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Santos, Song, Arteta, Ramsey, Theo, Van Persie, Gervinho. I do see us creating a good few chances in this one as I've been thorougly unimpressed with Wigans defending this season. Away win for me. Spurs take on Bolton and looking at the form of both sides, would have to favour a home win. Bolton are really struggling this season, not impressed with them at all. They had good depth in attack last season with Sturridge, Elmander, Davies and Lee was fit on the wing, this season they are lacking that quality, dont score enough and are leaking goals at will. Only a few of Spurs senior players played in midweek so they should be fresh and ready for this one. Home win I think. Everton to bt Stoke @ 1.75 (Paddy Power:5pts) I tend to avoid Everton at odds-on at home, but I've not been impressed with Stoke lately bar the Blackburn game, and they are usually pretty average on the road. Add in a tough match vs Kiev last night(they rotated a bit aswell tbf) and I have to favour Everton in this one. The Blues have had a mixed season, they are really lacking firepower this season but they've ground out a couple of good wins in the last 2 games at home to Wolves and away to Bolton. I think this is another great chance to secure 3 points, wouldnt go big on it though as I worry about Everton's ability to really score enough goals. But I can see a 2-1 or 2-0 win for them. GL!
NICE BET SIR! (i mean the arsenal/tott. double) ....I totally agree on this one, will follow you CHEERS! :hope:beer

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Newcastle - Chelsea: Chelsea @ 2.10 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 The teams are in 4th and 5th place respectively with 26 and 25 points respectively. Arguably, Newcastle has been overachieving given the expectations at the start of the season. Certainly, Chelsea have hit some bad form recently. However, this is why we have such good odds for Chelsea on offer. There is a significant difference in the quality of the teams' roster and Chelsea has a chance here to put the brakes on the slide and overtake Newcastle in the standings. The odds are attractive, I think. Wigan - Arsenal: Arsenal @ 1.62 (Coral) 10/10 After 8 consecutive defeats Wigan picked up a draw against Blackburn and a win against Sunderland in the last 2 matches. I don't think the good results will continue against Arsenal. The guests have a significantly better roster and Arsenal has been playing well over the last 6 matches and should be able to defeat relegation level teams like Wigan. Aston Villa - Manchester United: Manchester United @ 1.75 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Aston Villa has lost 3 out of its 6 recent matches including a 1-2 home loss to WBA (14th place). The host's overall record of 3-7-3 reveals a difficulty in getting wins. Manchester United has a clearly better roster and has defeated in away matches teams of similar quality. I expect the guests to get a "clinical" 0-1 or 0-2 win here and keep pace with Man City for the title.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Newcastle vs Chelsea Chelsea are averaging about 2 cards more than Newcastle. Newcastle's opponents have received the Most Booking Points in 4 out of 6 of their home games thus far this season whereas Chelsea have gotten the Most Booking Points in 3 out of 4 of their away games this season. Statistically it is highly likely for Chelsea to get the most booking points in this tough fixture where the pressure will be on them to perform given their recent poor form. 6pts Most Booking Points - Chelsea @ 2.20 Bluesquare Wigan vs Arsenal Was tempted to take on the Asian Handicap, but with Arsenal having to play Champions League games midweek, I am swerving it. Everyone knows that Arsenal are one of the more in-form teams at the moment and have been ever since the defeat to Man United. Wigan were on a horrible run of 8 straight defeats, but in the recent 2 weeks have won and drawn their games against Sunderland and Blackburn respectively. In both of these matches, their defense has looked shaky conceding a total of 4 goals along the way. This is something I feel Arsenal can take advantage of. Arsenal are undefeated in 6 matches having won 5 of them. I just think the in-form Van Persie will have way too much for the shaky defense of Wigan and I see this game being over by half-time. 5pts Arsenal to win @ 1.62 Coral Tottenham vs Bolton The odds may not be pretty, but I cannot see past a game full of goals in this game. All 6 of Bolton's away games have ended with Over 2.5 Goals and 4 out of 5 of Tottenham's home games have ended with Over 2.5 Goals. Add in the fact, Tottenham are unbeaten in 10 games I think as well as the fact they lost in midweek in the Europa Cup at home will surely motivate them to get back to winning ways as soon as possible. Money back if exactly 3 goals are scored and if 4 are scored we win our bet. 4pts Over 3.0 Goals @ 1.67 Bet365 Man City vs Norwich This is more of a speculative punt than anything to be honest. I feel with City having to play Bayern Munich midweek in a crucial game, they may not be entirely focused and could possibly end the half with perhaps only 1 or less goals scored. I fancy City to get the job done in the second half. City have scored 2 or more goals in all but one of their games this season (i.e. vs Liverpool). Also I read this stat on Goal.com, which mentioned City's games have had a minimum of 2 goals scored in 12 out of the 13 games they have played thus far this season. Gonna take a stab at this. 3pts Highest Scoring Half - 2nd Half @ 2.10 Coral

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Im going to go against some of you guys in: Blackburn vs Swansea 6/5 Newcastle vs Chelsea 11/10 32red Though the main reasoning for laying both these teams is their recent form. However even taking that into consideration I feel its really 50/50 on 1 vs X2 thus the value being on the favourites. Chelsea and blackburn both have quality players that Swansea or Newcastle cannot match. Ive watched blackburn play recently and they perhaps deserve better for the way they've played games. Steve kean isnt a complete retard and has plenty of experience in the league before becoming first team manager and there are reasons why Venkys perhaps backed Kean. Samba is back from injury and Yakubu, Hoilet, Formica, Rochina, Nzonzi all avaliable is a major boost. Fixtures have dried up at E-wood in recent months so the supporters though unhappy will still get behind their team with good voice. Newcastle obviously have been the suprise package. Though Chelsea in crisis, Villas-Boas looks extremely coo and capable of handling situations. He has plenty of quality in his squad and should be firm enough to come away with all 3 points to leapfrog Newcastle for a champions league spot.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Nothing like waking up with a hangover and researching bets for 4 hours in bed haha. Firstly, I followed a couple of people here with some single bets (won't give reasoning because I won't add anything new) because I like them, these are: Event: Newcastle v Chelsea Selection: DRAW NO BET - backing Newcastle @ 2.84 (Betfair - 2 units) Although I feel this game will end in a score draw, I feel that if someone is going to win, it's probably going to be Newcastle. Selection: Correct score: 1-1, 2-2 and 3-3. I've spread 1.5 units on these 3 score lines and if either of the bets above wins and the other losses, I'll be covered, although if Newcastle win I'll won't win that much, but if it ends a score draw then yay for me :P Event: QPR vs West Brom Selection: Over 2.5 @ 2.08 (Betfair - 2 Units) I think there's value to be found here with these kinds of odds in a matchup like this.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Other than that, I decided to take 2 multiple bets. One is realistic and I feel it has a good chance of winning while the other is purely for fun. Overall odds: 9.25 - 1 Unit QPR v West Brom - Over 2.5 goals @ 2.01 Aston Villa v Man Utd - Under 3.5 Goals @ 1.34 All of United's away games have ended under 3.5 (except the 0-5 win @ Bolton), other than that, the last 4 away games have ended 0-1, 0-1, 1-1 and 1-1. Pretty confident this game will be under under 2.5 but taking under 3.5 to be extra safe. Wigan v Arsenal - Backing Arsenal @ 1.55 I don't think Wigan have it in them to take points from 3 games in a row, while Arsenal have rested players and will be eager to take all 3 points here, especially after dropping points at home vs Fulham and after losing to Manchester City in the Carling Cup. Everton v Stoke - Backing Everton @ 1.7 Firstly, like a couple of people already mentioned, Stoke are just horrible after playing in the EL. Add the fact that Everton are in good form now, plus the fact that Stoke have lost their last 4 away games (5-0 @Bolton, 3-1 @Arsenal, 2-0 @Swansea & 4-0 @Sunderland). I'd be amazed if there were to get anything out of this game. I know Everton lost their 2 home games before their win over Wolves, but those were against Liverpool and Manchester United. Tottenham v Bolton - Backing Tottenham @ 1.28 What to say? Tottenham are always good especially at home, Adebayor is in red hot form. Bolton are woeful and have lost @Spurs during their last 3 visits. 1 Unit @ odds of 9.25 with Betfair.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Newcastle - Chelsea over 2.5 @ 1.99 pinnacle Newcastle will lift for this game, as they remember one of their former players, Gary Speed. They are 4th on the table and after a very good start, now start to meet the top teams. After losing 3-1 to Man City, they managed a 1-1 draw with Man Utd, and there is plenty to suggest that they will be very competitive against an underperforming Chelsea side. While they have scored in their last 9 games, the problem for Newcastle is that they have conceded in 8 of them, with 7 of the last 8 of these games going over. Chelsea are 5th and are desperate to get their season going again, as they slide away from the top two. They have won 2 of their last 3 games, but have not been overly impressive in their wins, and head to the north east where they draw both times against Newcastle last year, 1-1 up there, and 2-2 at home. The defence has been shaky and were found out by Liverpool, and with Ba in good scoring form, and Ben Arfa making his presence felt, like Newcastle to score, but at the same time, like Chelsea with Sturridge and Mata, to hit Newcastle down the flanks. With the recent form of these two sides suggesting that goals are likely from both sides, then like this to see another one to send it over Blackburn - Swansea under 2.5 @ 1.90 pinnacle Blackburn are in dire straits as the pressure mounts on their manager Kean. They have conceded 3 goals in 3 of their last 4 games, which occurred on the road, but the only home game amongst these 4 games saw Chelsea edge them them out 1-0. They have been shut out in 3 of their 5 home games, and will not find it easy to score on this Swansea side, which has the most clean sheets in the league, with 6 so far, but 5 of these have come at home. On the road, only in their last away game at Liverpool did they not concede, drawing 0-0, as they also have not scored in 3 of their 6 road games. Swansea have shown that they are a tough team to score on, and like them to keep put Blackburn, while the home side, who has not had a clean sheet in their last 16 EPL games, may finally get one here, as they are likely to get back Samba, Olsson and Salgado, which will strengthen their defence if they all play. While leaning on Swansea maybe to edge this, taking the more likely outcome of being a low scoring game Man City - Norwich over 3.5 @ 2.05 pinnacle Man City are flying high as they have been scoring goals, as they have scored at least two goals in 12 of their 13 games, with 10 of these games, seeing at least 3 goals scored in them, including 6 of their 7 home games. If Norwich continue their habit of conceding, where they have conceded in each of their 13 games, then can see Man City putting a few in here. To their credit, Norwich have not been shy in going forward and have scored in each of their last 6 games, as well as in 5 of their last 6 road games. City's defence has leaked goals, with at least a goal allowed in their last 6 games, as well as their last 3 home games. Liking both teams to score, while doubt that Man City, will score just once, as they have been hitting the back of the net, quite frequently. QPR - West Brom over 2.5 @ 2.06 pinnacle Both teams have been erratic, with 2 wins and 3 losses in their last 5 games, as they seek a win here and maybe get into the top half of the table. QPR has scored in each of their last 4 games, but the concern is that their defence has allowed at least two goals in each of these games. With Long likely to return for West Brom, then his partnership with Odemwingie may bear some fruit here. West Brom have scored in 5 of their last 7 games, with only Arsenal and Liverpool denying them, as they have also scored at least two goals in 4 of these games. However they too have had problems in keeping clean sheets, as they have only do so on one occasion in these last 7 games. Furthermore, they have allowed at least two goals in 4 of these games, so they too are likely to concede here. Like both teams to score and both look for the winner to send it over, as they did go over in 5 of their last 6 meetings, back when both were in the Championship. Tottenham - Bolton over 3.5 @ 2.19 pinnacle Spurs have been playing well lately and at home, where they have won their last 4 games, they have been too good for the opposition. They have scored at least two goals in their last ten games, while scoring at least 3 goals in 3 of their last 4 games, so they have been finding the back of the net. Bolton have lost 4 of their last 5 away games, and have conceded at least two goals in 8 of their last 10 games, so Spurs will like their chances of scoring at least a couple here. Bolton have scored in 5 of their 7 games, so they do have the players who can score for them, while Spurs have just one cleans sheet in their last 8 games, so their defence is anything but rock solid, so like the away team to find the net. With 6 of Spurs 13 games, and 8 of Bolton's 13 games, seeing at least 4 goals scored in them, then like both teams to play their part in a high scoring game. Wigan - Arsenal over 3.5 @ 2.68 bet365 Wigan have conceded in each of their last 10 games, as well as at least two goals in 8 of these games, and given Arsenal's very good form of late, then can see the away side, who have scored at lest two goals in 5 of their last 6 games, scoring here. However, Wigan have been scoring, as they have found the net in 6 of their last 9 games, and at home, they have scored in 5 of their 6 home games. Arsenal have allowed goals in 6 of their last 7 games, and though they have scored 13 goals in their last 5 road games, they have conceded 18 goals as well, and a trip to Wigan is not going to be easy. They have won one, drawn one and lost one in their last 3 visits there, but each of these games, have seen at least 4 goals in them. Wigan has scored a total of 6 goals while Arsenal have scored 8 goals in these last 3 meetings there, and like both teams to score here, and liking them to score a few more. Aston Villa - Man Utd under 2.5 @ 1.94 pinnacle Villa have not scored in their last two games, as both games have gone under, and expect them to be even more resolute in defence as Man Utd comes to town. At home, they have two clean sheets in their last 6 games there, with 4 of these games going under, as they make it hard for visiting teams to take a win away from there. Man Utd have been edging out teams, without dominating them, and have been doing enough to get the 3 points. They have 4 clean sheets in their last 7 games, as they gone under in 6 of them, but the attack has been spluttering, and finding goals hard to come by, as they have scored just one goal in each of their last 6 games. Like Villa to look to frustrate Man Utd for as long as possible, while Man Utd's defence, should be solid enough once again to not to concede more than one here Season record: 54-69 (+15.20)

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Aston Villa - Man.United Even though Aston Villa is not playing well at the moment they score goals especially at home. So far they scored 10 goals in 5 out of 6 games. Man.United also score goals but their defense is not so good and they have conceded in all of their last 3 games. Last season they came from behind at Villa Park to salvage a point and both teams scored in both games between these two sides last season. Moreover, both to score bet also won in last 3 out of 4 games between these teams at Villa Park. Both to Score @ 1.91 (2 units) William Hill

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Newcastle Utd - Chelsea
Selection over 3 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.83
Reasoning Newcastle are in strong fit right now, they are still unbeaten at home 4-2-0 record, recoding two games with three goals, two with four goals in last five at home. Newcastle defeat Everton 2-1, Blackubrn 3-1, Fulham 2-1, drew 2-2 with another strong London's club Totthenam. On the other hand Chelsea are in poor fit at the moment they failed twice against Liverpool in ten days allowing two goals in each of that two matches. Chelsea record two over in last four away games, 3-1 loss in Manchester against United, 1-5 win when visited Bolton. If Chelsea didn't win today three points they will miss title spot for sure, that's why they will play offensive, but Newcastle's great attacker Demba Ba is in strong fit and I expect home to score also few goals.

Arsenal (vs Wigan) x Spurs (vs Bolton) Double @ 2.04 (Paddy Power:6pts) Gonna go for a Nth London double this weekend. We travel to Wigan and I do think we have a great chance of getting the 3 pts as I see Wigan as one of, if not the worst side in the league with a shocking defence. Our good league form slowed last weekend with a laboured draw vs Fulham but luck wasnt with us on the day and we had a gruelling clash with Dortmund a few days previously which left us heavy-legged. We were able to rotate mostly in midweek vs City so alot of the senior players should be fresh and ready for this. I expect: Szczesny, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Santos, Song, Arteta, Ramsey, Theo, Van Persie, Gervinho. I do see us creating a good few chances in this one as I've been thorougly unimpressed with Wigans defending this season. Away win for me. Spurs take on Bolton and looking at the form of both sides, would have to favour a home win. Bolton are really struggling this season, not impressed with them at all. They had good depth in attack last season with Sturridge, Elmander, Davies and Lee was fit on the wing, this season they are lacking that quality, dont score enough and are leaking goals at will. Only a few of Spurs senior players played in midweek so they should be fresh and ready for this one. Home win I think.
Good call on this one, easy win for both sides :ok