** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December

Spooner

Saturday 3 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Newcastle United v Chelsea (12:45 GMT) 4 3.5 2.12 100.74 %
maximize.gif Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City (15:00 GMT) 2.28 3.5 3.45 101.42 %
maximize.gif Manchester City v Norwich City (15:00 GMT) 1.22 7.4 20 100.48 %
maximize.gif Queens Park Rangers v West Bromwich Albion (15:00 GMT) 2.32 3.45 3.45 101.07 %
maximize.gif Tottenham Hotspur v Bolton Wanderers (15:00 GMT) 1.33 5.6 13 100.55 %
maximize.gif Wigan Athletic v Arsenal (15:00 GMT) 6.5 4.3 1.62 100.37 %
maximize.gif Aston Villa v Manchester United (17:30 GMT) 5.8 3.85 1.74 100.69 %
Sunday 4 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Everton v Stoke City (15:00 GMT) 1.8 3.7 5.75 99.97 %
maximize.gif Wolverhampton Wanderers v Sunderland (16:00 GMT) 2.52 3.45 3.15 100.41 %
Monday 5 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Fulham v Liverpool (20:00 GMT) 3.6 3.4 2.28 101.05 %

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December I expect our price to drop to about 1.90 by the time we play on monday night so I am taking this early: Liverpool to win at Fulham 2.2 Victor Chandler. We have been much a better outfit away from home this season picking up good wins at the Emirates and Stamford Bridge for 2 examples. We are now undefeated in 11 competitive games, confidence is high amongst the camp and supporters. Our performances have been to a high standard of late winning at Stamford Bridge twice in two weeks and we should of beat City if it wasnt for Joe Harts heroics. Players like Maxi and Bellamy are coming into form so I expect them to start ahead of Carroll and Downing. The only slight setback to us at the moment is the injury Lucas picked up yesterday, however that will be assesed during the week and I would expect him to be fit to play. Fulham are not really good scorers in the league, they have only been able to score 2 or more goals 3 times this season. And with Liverpool being so hard to break down at the moment with them also now having the joint best defensive record in the Premier League I cant see Fulham causing us many problems to be honest. I cast my mind back to this fixture last season at Craven Cottage. Yet again, it was a monday night game and Liverpool absolutely dominated what was thought of being a tricky game 5-2.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Good post AHughes but for me Liverpool is a team that play really good football against top sides and drops points against so called weaker teams. In the end dropping points against teams like Sunderland or Swansea at home is the main reason why the Reds can't win the title for many years.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December

Good post AHughes but for me Liverpool is a team that play really good football against top sides and drops points against so called weaker teams. In the end dropping points against teams like Sunderland or Swansea at home is the main reason why the Reds can't win the title for many years.
Yes, I do know what you mean by that, but we have only been slipping up at home to be fair. Another recent away game in which we dominated was West Brom where we won 2-0, the Baggies did not test us all game really. But really the points we have dropped at home recently have not been because we have played badly, it is because of the fantastic goalkeeping performances we have seen at Anfield this season from Ruddy,Vorm,De Gea and Hart.

Tempted to take Newcastle on a DNB at 4.7. As Mustafa mentioned above Chelsea have hit a huge dip at the moment and Newcastle are having a really good season. They also have home advantage. Thoughts?
4.7 on DNB on Newcastle? Where on earth did you get that price? They are only 4 for the win!

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Norwich does look very long at first glance considering that they played well at Manchester united and at chelsea. Despite losing 2 - 0 and 3 - 1 respectively they created chances to score but failed to convert. Though they played with team spirit and for their manager and fans, Manchester city are simply ruthless at home. I just can't see Norwich surviving 90 minutes of onslaught with the likes of Silva Aguero and Dzeko who looks a completely different player from the wings. One run down the left against liverpool nearly got a win for them, and the other to set up the goal for aguero to beat arsenal only yesterday. But having said all that 1/5 won't be a price id want to get involved in, so the prices are just about right imo. Unless they drift without any major blow to the team might I get involved. Feeling like a mug i fancy Blackburn at home to swansea, Wigan to get something from Arsenal and managerless sunderland to beat wolves. Will probably explain more later, if anyone is ever interested! Thats me done for a silly day. Good night

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December I really like blackburn and everton's wins.Stoke will play vs Dinamo midweek and then in Sunday will visit Everton who is a good home playing team.Worst home team-Blackburn faces worst away team-Swansea at home.We should bare in mind that blackburn's worst results at home are against City,Chelsea,Tottenham,Everton.Even though they managed a win against high flying Arsenal.My bets will be Blackburn and Everton GL!!:hope

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Newcastle - Chelsea Newcastle are playing really well this season and so far have only lost 1 game away against Man.City. Chelsea however, are playing badly and have already lost 4 games this season. Their form dropped after defeat to Arsenal at home and since then they only managed 2 wins against teams at the bottom of the table, namely Wolves and Blackburn. In Champions League they drew away against Genk and lost to B.Leverkusen. Newcastle have a mixed record against Chelsea at home but they are in good form at the moment, they took a point at Old Trafford and I can't see them losing at home to this Chelsea side. Newcastle DNB @ 2.62 (2 units) Bet365 ----------------------------------------------- QPR - West Brom. Both teams are playing open football. Last 4 QPR games and last 3 West Brom. games produced 3 or more goals. These sides met in the Championship during the last years 6 times and 5 of these games produced 3 or more goals. Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.00 (2 units) Bet365

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Wigan Athletic Vs. Arsenal Selection: Arsenal -1.5 @ 2.65 Pinnacle Stake: 10/10 I fancy Arsenal to win by at least a couple of goals when they face Wigan at the DW Stadium. Arsenal rested their first team midweek in the league cup and should be fresh for the trip North. Wigan are coming off only their 2nd Premiership win this season beating Sunderland 2-1. I think it's fair to say that Wigan were flattered by the result with a Sunderland error gift wrapping them the victory in injury time. Wigan have looked defensively vulnerable in many of their games this season and obviously Arsenal have the quality to expose weak defenses. If Arsenal score early then I see an open game resulting in the gunners winning comfortably. I don't see the handicap odds of 2.65 lasting forever so I will be jumping on board before the price changes, good luck :hope

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December QPR Vs. West Bromwich Albion Selection: Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.02 Pinnacle Stake: 10/10 I agree with Mustafa that over 2.5 goals looks like a good bet when QPR face West Brom at Loftus Road. Both teams like to play football and are relatively evenly matched so I expect them both to be playing for the win. QPR's recent form shows 4 out of their past 5 game have all ended in overs with a total of 18 goals (3.6 goals per game). West Brom's recent form also has 4 out of their past 5 games ending in overs with a total of 15 goals (3 goals per game). When these two met last year in the championship the scores were 3-1 and 2-2 respectively. I think odds of slightly better than evens for this trend to continue represents good value, good luck :hope

Newcastle - Chelsea Newcastle are playing really well this season and so far have only lost 1 game away against Man.City. Chelsea however, are playing badly and have already lost 4 games this season. Their form dropped after defeat to Arsenal at home and since then they only managed 2 wins against teams at the bottom of the table, namely Wolves and Blackburn. In Champions League they drew away against Genk and lost to B.Leverkusen. Newcastle have a mixed record against Chelsea at home but they are in good form at the moment, they took a point at Old Trafford and I can't see them losing at home to this Chelsea side. Newcastle DNB @ 2.62 (2 units) Bet365 -----------------------------------------------
Hey Mustafa, I take it you don't have access to all of the UK bookies?? I am sure you know that there are a number of bookies offering bigger - as I mentioned above Stan James are as big as 3.00

Hey guys' date=' this may sound very very stupid, but what currency are you guys using?[/quote'] I guess punters in UK use pounds in Europe Euros or whatever is convenient for them. I personally use Euros because 1 Euro is almost the same as my local currency.

Hey guys' date=' this may sound very very stupid, but what currency are you guys using?[/quote'] :welcome to PL skillz By currency, I presume you're asking about the points/bet strengths that people use? Basically, the points system is used instead of cash values, because it gives a better idea of how much confidence someone has in their bet. Most people stake between 1 and 10 points, with 1 point (or 0.5pts, 0.25pts etc) being their lowest stake and 10 points their highest. Now 1 point could equate to £1 to some punters and £100 to others, but the point is a 1 point bet shows they are playing with minimal stakes by their own standards. When you see bet strengths of 10/10, that usually indicates that the poster uses flat stakes - i.e. same amount is placed on every bet. Hope that helps. :ok

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December One early pick: Swansea +0AH @ 2.5 - 4/10 units (Bet365) Saturdays trip to Blackburn is a great opportunity for Swansea to get their first away win of the season. Swansea have made a good start to life in the PL and i consider the 14 points they have taken from 13 games a very good return considering they have already played Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea away from home. I have watched them on a couple of occasions now and some of the football they play is superb, with the likes Allen, Sinclair and Dyer in midfield and Danny Graham spearheading the attack i think they will cause the Blackburn defence some problems. I dont need to go into the problems that Blackburn face, a solitary PL victory in 13 games says it all. The fans arnt fully behind the team at the moment with Steve Kean at the helm and it would not surprise me if he becomes the 2nd manager of the season to go, perhaps this weekend if they fail to register a win? My only question of Swansea would be over their abilty to convert their chances, hence why i have taken the draw as cover, but with a leaky Blackburn defence i think they will be able to :hope

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs. Sunderland Selection: Sunderland @ 3.23 Pinnacle Stake: 10/10 I think Sunderland look good value when they play against Wolves in Sunday's late fixture. Obviously results have not been going the Black Cats way this season and Steve Bruce has been fired this week for their struggles. I think the sacking of Bruce will help give the Sunderland team the impetus needed to win while playing against fellow strugglers Wolverhampton. In terms of player quality I favor the Sunderland squad and while both teams are on 11 points in the EPL, Sunderland's goal difference is 10 goals better. It is my opinion that Sunderland are the better team but they have just not picked up the points after a tough fixture list to start the season. Wolves 3-0 drubbing to Chelsea last weekend did little to strengthen my opinion on their chances this weekend. The odds for Sunderland seem to be dropping in the market but Pinnacle are still offering a generous 3.23 for the away win and I shall be taking them on, good luck :hope

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December I'm all over Newcastle this weekend, I'll be attending the game and backing them to win! These games do tend to end in draws but it's clear Chelsea defense are not adapting to AVB (Porto) style (high line) defending. If tiote is back he will control game with cabaye and fast paced wingers will hopefully split Chelsea defense! £10 on 2-1 and 3-1 to Newcastle!

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 3-5 December What I meant guys, was that when you put for example 10 units @2.65, what currency is the 2.65 in? Thanks for the help. Here are some of my tips, could you guys critique them, point me in a better direction if you notice a flaw in my logic, I'm still a rookie punter: Newcastle VS Chelsea. (a 1-1 draw can't see chelsea doing much to newcastle's tight defence this season also due to their poor form under AVB so far, Newcastle [email protected], [email protected] .) Blackburn VS Swansea. (who knows i'm leaning towards a blackburn win just because the time has come, leave that one out if you want.) Man City VS Norwich. (can only see one result there to be honest.) QPR VS West Brom. (over 2.5, as other people have said, I strongly agree) Spurs VS Bolton. (one result here really expect spurs to dominate this game with a 3-1 scoreline, adebayor is on fire for spurs keep that in mind!) Wigan VS Arsenal. (expect arsenal to win convincingly, with RVP on fire we can see him firing the goals for arsenal. only one outcome for this game.) Aston Villa VS Man Utd. (fergie is devastated after united's draw to newcastle last week and cc loss to crystal palace in mid week, and will need to win to keep pressure on man city, expect a win here for united.) Everton VS Stoke. (everton are currently in good form and they are playing at goodison park expect the blues of merseyside to come out with all 3 points, stoke's defence is shaky at times and will be tired from their europa fixture this week.) Wolves VS Sunderland. (sunderland have sacked their manager steve bruce, expect sunderland to go out all guns blazing to get the win because the players know that it is their fault that the manager has been sacked. sunderland have acquired a huge number of stars in the summer and their side has more quality than wolves it's about time they start performing and getting results, keep in mind that in the next couple of weeks sunderland's fortunes might turn good as martin o'neill might be announced as the new sunderland boss in the coming days.) Fulham VS Liverpool. (monday night football is here again, expect liverpool to be too strong for fulham, liverpool have finally geld as a team and are hard to stop. we see this through their wins against chelsea and that cracking game against man city where the match could of gone either way. Liverpool [email protected], you wouldn't bet against that, also expect a high scoring game liverpool's fortunes have turned for the better and will stop hitting the post lol, remember liverpool did beat fulham 5-2 last season on a monday night thriller. also keep in mind that over 2.5 goals is paying 2.40

What I meant guys, was that when you put for example 10 units @2.65, what currency is the 2.65 in? Thanks for the help.
I don't understand the question. The 2.65 isn't in any currency. The 2.65 is decimal odds.

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Wigan - Arsenal
Selection Arsenal
Strength 10/10
Date 03/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.60
Reasoning Arsenal should win this one without any problem. The Gunners made a mistake last weekend against Fulham at home (1:1) and now the team will be motivated not to lose any other points against teams from the bottom half of the table and to make the difference between them and the leaders even bigger. In the midweek Arsenal lost 0:1 against Manchester City and got eliminated from Carling cup, but for this game Arsen Wenger used young players, which actually played a very good game and just didn't have luck at the end. Also Arsenal will for sure be the winners of their group in the Champions League, so this is another tournament, that the gunners didn't have to worry anymore this calendar year. With Van Persi, Gervinho, Walcott and Ramsey the team is looking scary enough and Wigan won't have any chance to stop them. Wigan won last weekend against Sunderland, but they had a lot of luck and even with the three points, the team didn't show any improvement in their game and have to do a lot better if they want to keep their place in the Premier League for the next season.

I don't understand the question. The 2.65 isn't in any currency. The 2.65 is decimal odds.
I think what he means is if we bet in Euro's, Dollars, Pounds or whatever. I bet in Euro's, so if I bet 1 unit ( for example 10 Euro's ) I can win 10 x 2.65= € 26,50