** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 3

BlueSQ Bet North Saturday 3 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bishop's Stortford v Blyth Spartans (15:00 GMT) 10/11 13/5 11/5 111.41 %
maximize.gif Colwyn Bay v Droylsden (15:00 GMT) 13/10 13/5 6/4 111.26 %
maximize.gif Corby Town v Gainsborough Trinity (15:00 GMT) 10/11 13/5 11/5 111.41 %
maximize.gif Eastwood Town v Nuneaton Town (15:00 GMT) 7/2 11/4 4/7 111.36 %
maximize.gif FC Halifax Town v Altrincham FC (15:00 GMT) 8/11 11/4 11/4 111.23 %
maximize.gif Gloucester City v Hinckley United (15:00 GMT) 4/5 13/5 13/5 111.11 %
maximize.gif Guiseley v Workington (15:00 GMT) 4/9 10/3 9/2 111.22 %
maximize.gif Solihull Moors v Harrogate Town (15:00 GMT) 10/11 13/5 11/5 111.41 %
maximize.gif Stalybridge Celtic v Boston United (15:00 GMT) 8/15 10/3 7/2 111.25 %
maximize.gif Vauxhall Motors v Histon (15:00 GMT) 6/5 13/5 13/8 111.33 %
maximize.gif Worcester City v Hyde FC (15:00 GMT) 2 13/5 1/1 111.11 %
BlueSQ Bet South Saturday 3 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Bromley v Eastbourne Borough (15:00 GMT) 6/4 13/5 13/10 111.26 %
maximize.gif Dartford v Dover Athletic (15:00 GMT) 6/5 12/5 7/4 111.23 %
maximize.gif Farnborough v Truro City (15:00 GMT) 9/5 13/5 11/10 111.11 %
maximize.gif Havant & Waterlooville v Weston-super-Mare (15:00 GMT) 10/11 13/5 11/5 111.41 %
maximize.gif Maidenhead United v Dorchester Town (15:00 GMT) 13/10 13/5 6/4 111.26 %
maximize.gif Thurrock v Staines Town (15:00 GMT) 7/5 12/5 6/4 111.08 %
maximize.gif Tonbridge Angels v Welling United (15:00 GMT) 6/4 11/4 5/4 111.11 %
maximize.gif Woking v Eastleigh (15:00 GMT) 4/9 10/3 9/2 111.22 %

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 3 Weston-super-Mare away at Havant & Waterlooville (3.38 Titanbet) Weston are usually an unreliable play away from home - they're a relatively inexperienced side but they have grown together under Craig Laird and show a commendable togetherness. Mark Preece adds some higher-level nous to the squad and these days they even boast Marc McGregor back in the ranks, although they have plenty of alternatives up front. On paper, the Havant squad looks a goal-and-a-bit stronger, but they are in a very downbeat frame of mind at the moment, bested by a pretty average Weymouth in the Trophy replay this week, and winless since some improved performances in October. Weston have already beaten Havant in the league and FA Cup this season and though Havant have shuffled the bodies around, there is no sense that they are any better now. Weston are an excellent play at the price. Eastbourne Borough away at Bromley (11/8 Corals) Though Eastbourne haven't won away in the league since September, they have been playing okay (with the odd blip). That might be all they need against a Bromley side who look completely out of sorts, with 16 conceded in five straight defeats in all competitions. With no wiggle room in the markets it's hard to see Bromley improving in the short-term. It's a generous price about the visitors who, after an indifferent start to life at this level, look set for a better second half to the season.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 3 Bishop’s Stortford v Blyth Spartans The other four tips all come in the Blue Square North starting with two teams in the relegation zone. Blyth have only managed two wins all season, the last of which came against Boston on September 17th. Their other win came against Saturday’s opponents in the third game of the season, but given Stortford were poor at the start of the season and were facing a huge trip north I don’t think we can read too much into that. As I’ve mentioned on here a few times, Blyth’s away form is awful. They have only picked up two points, against Histon on the opening day of the season and against Eastwood on September 3rd, and have still only scored two goals in eight away games. It’s a long trip for them and when they had a similarly long trip to Gloucester and the end of October they were woeful and lost 4-0. Granted it’s been seven games since the home side last won in the league, but they have drawn three of their last four and got a decent win over Blue Square South side Tonbridge Angels in the FA Trophy on Tuesday. Their home form is solid enough given their league position and I am happy to take even money with bet365 on them gaining a fourth home league success. Halifax v Altrincham Altrincham are another team who have got a shocking away record. They have only won once on their travels this season (a 6-1 win at Colwyn Bay) and have suffered five defeats in eight games. They seem to be one of those teams who are totally different at home compared to when away and given they are at a Halifax team who are starting to find their form, I think they will struggle. Halifax are currently second in the form table and have only lost once in their last six league matches. They tend to struggle when a team shuts up shop as Colwyn Bay did on Tuesday night in the FA Trophy and Solihull did a similar thing in the league recently. Altrincham are unlikely to be as negative and if the usual Altrincham away team turns up there is only one outcome here. Halifax are even money with bet365. Vauxhall Motors v Histon As I mentioned last Saturday Histon look opposable whilst Omar Riza and Dave Livermore are missing from the starting line-up and so it proved as they lost 2-1 to Uxbridge, a team two leagues below. I was at that game and Uxbridge fully deserved their injury time winner. Once Histon missed a penalty to go two up they just seemed to lack ideas and although the opposition made the odd mistake, Histon weren’t good enough to capitalise. Back in the league they now face a long trip to the other side of the country and with a very young squad they look worth taking on. Motors have a decent enough squad this season and although they haven’t maybe picked up as many points as they should they aren’t doing too badly at the moment. They should have enough to see off Histon and bet365 are best at 6/5. Worcester v Hyde I was very keen on Worcester last week but they disappointed in losing to Harrogate in the FA Trophy. Maybe it’s cup competitions they don’t like as they also lost in their first FA Cup game so I am prepared to give them another chance even though they are playing top of the table Hyde. As I mentioned last week Worcester have only lost once at home in the league and I get the feeling Hyde are due a defeat. They may have won three of their last four league matches but I don’t think they are looking as good as they did earlier in the season and they have also lost their best player Ryan Crowther to Fleetwood during that time as well. Hyde have had a pretty kind fixture list of late and this is their toughest test for a while. I am happy to take a chance on the home team at VC’s 23/10.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet North & South Dec 3

Bishop’s Stortford v Blyth Spartans The other four tips all come in the Blue Square North starting with two teams in the relegation zone. Blyth have only managed two wins all season, the last of which came against Boston on September 17th. Their other win came against Saturday’s opponents in the third game of the season, but given Stortford were poor at the start of the season and were facing a huge trip north I don’t think we can read too much into that. As I’ve mentioned on here a few times, Blyth’s away form is awful. They have only picked up two points, against Histon on the opening day of the season and against Eastwood on September 3rd, and have still only scored two goals in eight away games. It’s a long trip for them and when they had a similarly long trip to Gloucester and the end of October they were woeful and lost 4-0. Granted it’s been seven games since the home side last won in the league, but they have drawn three of their last four and got a decent win over Blue Square South side Tonbridge Angels in the FA Trophy on Tuesday. Their home form is solid enough given their league position and I am happy to take even money with bet365 on them gaining a fourth home league success. quote] Last chance saloon for Blyth manager Steve Cuggy tomorrow. I've gone for Bishops Stortford. I know a few Spartans fans and confidence in the ranks amongst the players seems totally shot. It appears as though he is a dead man walking. Big, big game for Blyth and they are on a terrible run.