** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 3

Saturday 3 December 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Barrow v Ebbsfleet United (15:00 GMT) 19/20 12/5 14/5 106.75 %
maximize.gif Bath City v AFC Telford United (15:00 GMT) 7/4 9/4 8/5 105.59 %
maximize.gif Darlington v Forest Green Rovers (15:00 GMT) 11/10 9/4 5/2 106.96 %
maximize.gif Mansfield Town v Braintree Town (15:00 GMT) 10/11 12/5 14/5 107.94 %
maximize.gif Newport County v Lincoln City (15:00 GMT) 5/4 11/5 2 109.03 %
maximize.gif Southport v Alfreton Town (15:00 GMT) 4/7 14/5 5 107.02 %
maximize.gif York City v Kettering Town (15:00 GMT) 2/9 9/2 19/2 109.19 %

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 3 I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts on Forest Green away at Darlington. Currently @ 5/2 with Bet365, looks decent value considering there strong form (5-1-0) in there last 6 games and also the fact they've only lost once away all season. I was hoping to try and catch the Darlington game on TV last night but watched Spurs instead (wish i hadnt :lol) but by the sounds of it they did well against the league leaders.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 3 I only really got to watch the 2nd half and Darlo barely threatened at all and it always looked like Wrexham would get something from the game. From the sounds of it Wrexham were pretty poor in the 1st half but Darlo's goal was only a pen. I would suggest the price looks on the big side on FGR in my view.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 3

I only really got to watch the 2nd half and Darlo barely threatened at all and it always looked like Wrexham would get something from the game. From the sounds of it Wrexham were pretty poor in the 1st half but Darlo's goal was only a pen. I would suggest the price looks on the big side on FGR in my view.
Cheers, already chopped down to 21/10. Somebody else obviously shared my view!

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 3 I'd concur with the thoughts above on FGR's chances, on my ratings they are massive value at the best available price of 9/4 at Coral & Betfred. However, because of their high number of away draws I have split my stake, half on the FGR win at 9/4 and half on DNB 11/8 with Skybet. I'll be backing Barrow (Evs Bet365) who are a decent proposition at home and will also probably back Telford to win at Bath to small stakes if I can get some 2/1 - Telford's price is currently drifting. Good luck with all your bets this weekend

I'd concur with the thoughts above on FGR's chances, on my ratings they are massive value at the best available price of 9/4 at Coral & Betfred. However, because of their high number of away draws I have split my stake, half on the FGR win at 9/4 and half on DNB 11/8 with Skybet. I'll be backing Barrow (Evs Bet365) who are a decent proposition at home and will also probably back Telford to win at Bath to small stakes if I can get some 2/1 - Telford's price is currently drifting. Good luck with all your bets this weekend
Thats because some of us fancy Bath. I shall post my stuff tomorrow.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 3 Bath v AFC Telford Both sides got decent away draws on Tuesday, with Bath gaining a point at Cambridge and AFC getting one at Luton. Bath still only have one victory, against Darlington, to their name this season but have come pretty close of late to adding to that. They have drawn three of their last four and the one they lost at Southport they were unfortunate not to pick up any points. Bath were much the better side on Tuesday night and could easily have gained all three points, and having witnessed their performance against Dagenham & Redbridge in the FA Cup last week I think a second win is going to come sooner rather than later. AFC Telford may have got a point at Luton but they certainly rode their luck with the woodwork and some superb goalkeeping helping them out. They got a highly controversial win over Barrow last Saturday as the ball apparently didn’t actually cross the line for the only goal of the game. That win was their first league win since beating Alfreton at the end of September and for me Bath are playing better at the moment. If Bath continue to play like they have then this is certainly a game they can win and Coral are biggest at 8/5. Darlington v Forest Green Rovers Rovers continued their superb form by halting Southport’s run on Tuesday with an easy 3-1 success. As I mentioned on Tuesday night their away form has been impressive this season and they look over priced to beat Darlington. Darlington had managed three wins on the bounce since Mark Cooper left prior to their loss on Wednesday night against Wrexham. For me though the form doesn’t count for an awful lot and they didn’t look that impressive from what I watched of the Wrexham game. They still seem to have off the field problems and don’t seem close to announcing a new manager. I find it hard to see why Forest Green should be as big as 9/4 (Coral) to win and they look a good bet at that price. Southport v Alfreton After correctly predicting that Southport’s great run would come to an end on Tuesday I am going to take a chance that Alfreton can also beat them on Saturday. It was beginning to look a bit grim for Alfreton, but their last three performances have been much improved. They got a point against Gateshead and then a crucial win over Hayes & Yeading, before losing 1-0 to Barrow on Tuesday. They performed well though in that defeat and now they are showing a lot more fight I am happy to take a chance at 9/2 (Coral and William Hill) that they can beat a Southport side who, as I pointed out on Tuesday, have been flattered by recent results.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 3 What are peoples thoughts on Newport tommorow? I think they are finally out the relegation zone after that thumping 4-0 win. Holdsworth said his Lincoln side put in a lot of effort midweek but they are lacking quality, I feel this will be a tough ask for the away side to get anything from Wales. Can Newport take advantage? Newport @ EVS looks tempting to me, am I missing something?

What are peoples thoughts on Newport tommorow? I think they are finally out the relegation zone after that thumping 4-0 win. Holdsworth said his Lincoln side put in a lot of effort midweek but they are lacking quality, I feel this will be a tough ask for the away side to get anything from Wales. Can Newport take advantage? Newport @ EVS looks tempting to me, am I missing something?
Hmm Im not sure myself. I still wouldnt be trusting Newport at short odds as despite the fact they scored four the other night they can struggle for goals. Lincoln have certainly improved under Holdsworth and its wasy to let them off the defeats by York and Wrexham whilst theyve won their other two in the last four. A 4-0 win over Hayes doesnt suddenly mean Newport have become a decent side over night. I dont have a strong view on the result and thats why evens is rather skinny in my view.

I understand your doubts about Newport addpea' date=' they have failed to deliver on so many occasions this season. Quite often I think they've turned a corner and then they hit a brick wall.[/quote'] Having backed them ante-post I gave them plenty of chances but Id want to see more from them before I started backing them at even money. Edinburgh actually has come out and said that the team was put together all wrong in the Summer which doesnt say much for Hudson. Good luck if you do get involved.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 3 One spread appeals today: a sell of Darlington's mini-performance at 22 (Sporting and Spreadex). Forest Green's improvement has been lucratively covered on here, and I wouldn't put anyone off backing the win. But my favoured trade is a sell of Darlo's mini, which measures their match performance. They have also improved markedly and deserved something out of the Wrexham game but go into this with a potentially light strike force (Ryan Bowman hobbled off at Wrexham and Liam Hatch is still suspended). I think they might struggle to score more than one, and probably won't have the tools to go for the jugular if FGR are out of sorts. I suspect a 1-0, 0-0, 1-1 or 0-1 score is likely, and off those results only the Darlo win is a loss (of eight points).

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 3 Echo adpea on Bath. They have been playing better than their recent results suggest and I think that they will beat Afc Telford comfortably. I also like Barrow at home to Ebbsfleet who have been recently beaten by both Darlo and Lincoln, two sides not in great form themselves. Newport should win but too short for me. (I think Edinburgh would say that Hudson got it badly wrong, if only to dampen hopes of an early turn around. not convinced by him at all yet.)

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Dec 3 One buy among the list of player goal minute quotes at Sporting is AFC Telford's Steve Jones at 15. He's not been there but has already notched against Barrow and has a longer CV than anyone else in the squad. That experience, added to his lively performances so far, make this an interesting buy, given that he's up against a defence that, though improved, don't do clean sheets. I'm less confident than others here about a Bath win, but I think both teams will score and Jones for Telford is a low priced buy in those circumstances.