Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** July Competition Winners: Well done to Pete1971 (NAPS), Barnsley Chop (KO Cup), bluemal (Goodwood) & Rivrd (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
Atko

Tennis - November 28 to December 4

Re: Tennis - November 28 to December 4 For those big punters looking to make an easy small return look no further than Spain @ 1/4 with VC to win the Davis Cup. I know some people will come on saying that there is no such thing as easy money but I honestly can't see Spain getting beat at home in clay with the team they have. Rafa is unplayable by anyone on clay with the exception of Djokovic at his peak especially over 5 sets, Ferrer is one of the most inform players at the moment and clay is his favourite surface and Verdasco & Lopez are both very handy players on their day. Spain has all 4 players in the top 24 in the world including 2 in the top 5 and also beat Argentina in their own backyard in the final in 2008 without Nadal. The Argies team although not bad compared to most countries won't be able to compete and even Del Potro has come out and said on clay this is probably the best ever team!!! VC are offering great odds compared to everyone else who is either 1/6 or 1/7 and i'm going to be hitting them BIG!!!!! :ok

Re: Tennis - November 28 to December 4 Juan Martin Del Potro to beat David Ferrer @11/8 bet 365 STRENGTH (5/10) Feel there is value in this price. Ferrer has had a long hard season, and showed signs of wear and tear in his last couple of matches at the 02. He even admitted he was tired yesterday, and rued the fact that Argentinians had over two weeks to practice on clay while he and Rafa were slogging in London. This best of five of setter may be a bit too much for him. Del Potro has the same easy power as Berdych(who overpowered David last week), and has won his last two against Ferrer (admittedly before his wrist injury which he hasn't quite fully recovered from yet it seems). The one match he did lose to him was on grass, Del Potro's worst surface and way back in 08. We saw last week that Ferrer can hit the wall after a while against players with heavy shots and Del Potro's power still carries on clay. With his freshness, and his recent record against Ferrer which suggests he's comfortable with the challenge he brings; I can see Del Potro levelling the scores for the Argentinians with a four of five set victory. :hope

Re: Tennis - November 28 to December 4 Ferrer to beat Del Potro -3.5 games @ 10/11 Paddy Power Have to disagree with you Slider I think Ferrer is a worthy favourite against Del Potro and i'm backing him at -3.5 games. Although i appreciate your points I think Ferrer has had more or less a week off since the O2 which is more than adequate in re-charging the batteries. These players are used to playing week in week out. If this was on a hard court I would think differently but Del Potro wont have anywhere near the same power on clay and this plays into Ferrer's hands. In a baseline rally the Spaniard has the guile & experience to work openings that very few players on the ATP tour can. The fact Ferrer has done so well on the hard court / indoor phrase of the season shows just how well he is playing as he usually struggles, particularly with the power of some opponents. Take into accounts his 11-0 record on clay in Davis Cup rubbers plus his 2 titles (Acapulco (Clay) & Auckland) & Runner Up 4 times (Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Bastad (all clay) & Shanghai) this year plus many other SF's including the Masters Cup you have a player who has had a super year and will want to cap it all with the Davis Cup in his own backyard. Looking at Del Porto he might have had two weeks to practice on the clay but let's be honest he needs it. He has only played 10 matches on the ATP tour in 2 years on clay and certainly isn't the player he was before his wrist injury. Even on his favourite surface hard, he has had some shock defeats recently to the likes of Blake, Granollers-Pujol & Simon and i'm backing Ferrer to take him out in 4 sets, beat the -3.5 line and put Spain 2-0 up after Rafa hammers Monaco. :ok

Re: Tennis - November 28 to December 4 Nadal -8.5 vs Monaco. 1.80 @ Bwin (7/10) Nadal has admitted that he is tired and even lost passion for the game etc. But this is big for him, this Davis Cup final, at home and on clay. You can't ask for better conditions. Rafa is 14-0 on clay in Davis Cup and barring mother of all shockers will improve it to 15-0. Monaco's favorite surface is also clay but match-up is terrible, I have to admit. Monaco not much of a server, so will have to find ways to beat Nadal from the baseline which most of the time won't happen. Monaco beat Rafa via retirement in Cincy in 2007 but that was on hard courts. Nadal is 2-0 against Monaco on clay and has dropped just 6 games in 4 sets (6-1, 6-1 and 6-1, 6-3). Another demolition should happen. Prefer handicap than unders as there might be one close set, not more than that though. Bwin has got very attractive handicap line @ -8.5 games which is a bit short for me. Would have put even 10 games on this one. Tired or not tired, Nadal should win this match with big margin.

Re: Tennis - November 28 to December 4 Sport Tennis Event Nadal - Monaco Selection Under 29.5 Strength 10/10 Date 02/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.72 Reasoning Nadal is big favourite, odds for the 3-0 are too low and I must try under 29.5 The biggest line on the market, other bookies have 27.5 here. Nadal lead 2-1 in h2h, but Monaco won on hard surface and by Rafael retiretment. Nadal after Longon loss in group for sure want show the highest level here, at home. Comfortable win for Rafael! :hope

Re: Tennis - November 28 to December 4 Fancy a Spanish armada today ... Rafael Nadal v Juan Monaco - Rafael Nadal -9 games AH @ 1.855 with Pinnacle (6pts) Horrid, horrid opening match for the Argentinians here. Nadal may not have been at his best at the O2 but it's a totally different animal on clay, especially in Spain. He'll put Monaco under an enormous amount of pressure, on serve and from the baseline. I like Monaco as a player but this ought to be too much for him. He was battered by Federer in the US Open and that match proved to me that he doesn't have the power in his shots to beat the big boys. Nadal will want to get this done quickly and efficiently. I don't think Monaco has enough to resist that. Can't see past an easy Nadal win. David Ferrer v Juan Martin Del Potro - David Ferrer -3.5 games : 1.847 with Pinnacle (5pts) This match ought to be closer than Nadal-Monaco but at the end of the day, I still see a pretty cosy Spanish winner. Del Potro will no doubt be up for this one but I'd put Ferrer in the top four clay players in the world. He's totally at home on this surface, as he can defend more effectively and move easier. The H2H speaks in Del Potro's favour but I still think we'll see the best of him next year as he builds up confidence in his wrist again. He's got the power to hurt Ferrer but on clay, he'll find it more difficult to hit through him. Ferrer was outstanding in London and I expect his good form to continue here. Handicap could even be covered in five sets so no qualms about taking it. Good luck :ok

Re: Tennis - November 28 to December 4

port Tennis
Event Nadal R. (Esp) - Monaco J. (Arg)
Selection Monaco J. +2.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.45
Reasoning I watched Rafa Nadal at Masters tournament finals in London, he was in very poor fit that's why Federer crushed him in straight sets 6-3 6-0, another tough loss came against Tsonga. Nadal doesn't look like as himself, he played only three matches in past two months he lost two won one, but his game is very poor. Rafa has had no aggression, weak serving, he just return the balls right into his opponent not searching the lines. If he plays like that on his favourit surface he will struggle again. Monaco as South American also prefers clay court, he defeat Ferrer in Valencia a month ago, another good win was over Simon, Fish, Ferrero, I think he has power to take one set against weak at the moment Spaniard.

Re: Tennis - November 28 to December 4 I do not like going against you guys, but I will chip in with small stakes. (1/10) Juan Monaco (+7.5) to bt. Rafael Nadal @ 3.20 with Paddy Power Yep, Nadal is the favourite and everything, but one has to wonder about his form. Horrible in London, claiming that he is "tired" in interviews even after so much rest - who knows what can happen. He will probably grind it out in the end and get the point, but 7.5 handicap is something I am willing to back (3/10) David Ferrer vs. Juan Martin Del Potro - Over 37.5 games @ 1.80 with Paddy Power Two great players, best-of-five sets match - and we get this line. Del Potro is not going to crush Ferrer, but he has the serve and power to stay close enough and win a set or two - that is for sure. This line is ridiculously low imo.

I do not like going against you guys, but I will chip in with small stakes. (1/10) Juan Monaco (+7.5) to bt. Rafael Nadal @ 3.20 with Paddy Power Yep, Nadal is the favourite and everything, but one has to wonder about his form. Horrible in London, claiming that he is "tired" in interviews even after so much rest - who knows what can happen. He will probably grind it out in the end and get the point, but 7.5 handicap is something I am willing to back (3/10) David Ferrer vs. Juan Martin Del Potro - Over 37.5 games @ 1.80 with Paddy Power Two great players, best-of-five sets match - and we get this line. Del Potro is not going to crush Ferrer, but he has the serve and power to stay close enough and win a set or two - that is for sure. This line is ridiculously low imo.
At least one of us will be celebrating a win. If I was horse I'd have been put down by now, my recent tennis form is shocking :eek

Ferrer to beat Del Potro -3.5 games @ 10/11 Paddy Power Have to disagree with you Slider I think Ferrer is a worthy favourite against Del Potro and i'm backing him at -3.5 games. Although i appreciate your points I think Ferrer has had more or less a week off since the O2 which is more than adequate in re-charging the batteries. These players are used to playing week in week out. If this was on a hard court I would think differently but Del Potro wont have anywhere near the same power on clay and this plays into Ferrer's hands. In a baseline rally the Spaniard has the guile & experience to work openings that very few players on the ATP tour can. The fact Ferrer has done so well on the hard court / indoor phrase of the season shows just how well he is playing as he usually struggles, particularly with the power of some opponents. Take into accounts his 11-0 record on clay in Davis Cup rubbers plus his 2 titles (Acapulco (Clay) & Auckland) & Runner Up 4 times (Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Bastad (all clay) & Shanghai) this year plus many other SF's including the Masters Cup you have a player who has had a super year and will want to cap it all with the Davis Cup in his own backyard. Looking at Del Porto he might have had two weeks to practice on the clay but let's be honest he needs it. He has only played 10 matches on the ATP tour in 2 years on clay and certainly isn't the player he was before his wrist injury. Even on his favourite surface hard, he has had some shock defeats recently to the likes of Blake, Granollers-Pujol & Simon and i'm backing Ferrer to take him out in 4 sets, beat the -3.5 line and put Spain 2-0 up after Rafa hammers Monaco. :ok
:clap:clap:clap The wee spaniard had me worried for a while but came through in the end. Del Potro played a brilliant 2nd & 3rd set but at a level he was unable to maintain and looked very tired in the 5th despite a late ralley. Glad to to get the win in the end and with Spain 2-0 up my overall bet is looking good!!! :nana:drums:cow

- Rafael Nadal -9 games AH @ 1.855 with Pinnacle (6pts) WIN - David Ferrer -3.5 games : 1.847 with Pinnacle (5pts) WIN
These two bets were the last of 2011 in the tennis for me, so delighted to record some nice wins. Been, in the main, a profitable year in the tennis. Some tremendous tips throughout the year from everyone here, so big kudos to all involved. See you in 2012 :ok

Re: Tennis - November 28 to December 4 Sport Tennis Event Nadal - Del Potro Selection Under 31.5 Strength 10/10 Date 04/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90 Reasoning I watched both players in first matches in this Davis Cup Final - Nadal looked like a giant, totally unbreakable on the serve, unebelivavle forehand shots and fantastic footwork. Del Potro played 5 sets against David Ferrer, in decider been two classes worse. Del Potro in this moment can't touch Nadal level on clay surface. Comfortable win for Rafael.

For those big punters looking to make an easy small return look no further than Spain @ 1/4 with VC to win the Davis Cup. I know some people will come on saying that there is no such thing as easy money but I honestly can't see Spain getting beat at home in clay with the team they have. Rafa is unplayable by anyone on clay with the exception of Djokovic at his peak especially over 5 sets, Ferrer is one of the most inform players at the moment and clay is his favourite surface and Verdasco & Lopez are both very handy players on their day. Spain has all 4 players in the top 24 in the world including 2 in the top 5 and also beat Argentina in their own backyard in the final in 2008 without Nadal. The Argies team although not bad compared to most countries won't be able to compete and even Del Potro has come out and said on clay this is probably the best ever team!!! VC are offering great odds compared to everyone else who is either 1/6 or 1/7 and i'm going to be hitting them BIG!!!!! :ok
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap