** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Bangladesh vs Pakistan T20 International & ODI Series

kevshat

Pakistan travel to Bangladesh for a mini tour which begins on Tuesday for a T20 match and then 3 ODI's before a test series with all the matches live on Sky in the UK. With the World T20 not far away now and England playing Pakistan in 6 weeks time there will probably be a fair bit of media attention on this series which should result in some good betting opportunities. Schedule:

Tue Nov 29 11:00 GMT | 17:00 local 11:00 GMT Only T20I - Bangladesh v Pakistan Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur 32.png 18 - 28° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif
Thu Dec 1 07:30 GMT | 13:30 local 07:30 GMT 1st ODI - Bangladesh v Pakistan Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur 32.png 20 - 28° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif
Sat Dec 3 07:30 GMT | 13:30 local 07:30 GMT 2nd ODI - Bangladesh v Pakistan Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur 30.png 20 - 29° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif
Tue Dec 6 07:30 GMT | 13:30 local 07:30 GMT 3rd ODI - Bangladesh v Pakistan Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
N/A

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs Pakistan T20 International & ODI Series 3 for me in the T20. 4pts Bangladesh +4.5 wickets/40.5 runs 3/4 Sportingbet This looks like a decent sized handicap to me even allowing for the fact that we'll need 6 wickets if Bangladesh bat first. I still think it's too big and has to be taken. If Pakistan bat first I believe Bangladesh can stay within 40 of them particularly as Pakistan can often stutter when they have to create angles and force the pace with the bat. Bangladesh have a couple of very good spinners who can keep things tight enough. Those spinners can get wickets too if they bowl second especially if Bangladesh have put up a decent score prior to the Pakistan innings. For a twenty20 match to have a handicap this big is strange. Sri Lanka's attack troubled Pakistan in the T20 on Friday so Bangladesh's can and I think they'll stay within this handicap. 3pts S.al-Hasan's Performance Pts - 38&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Shakib al Hasan continues to score solid points against all the established nations and in his own conditions which are favourable to him I see no reason why he can't cover what looks like a low total. An average day with the bat and the ball will see this line covered but quite often he produces a good day with one if not both. He's more than capable of two wickets and probably capable of 38 runs too. With catches also in play there's more than enough in this target to suggest it's perfectly achievable. 1pt ew M.Rahim Top Bangladesh Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1-3) Mushfiqur Rahim remains a quality batsman at any level particularly the international one and being given the captaincy appears to have taken him to a whole new level and even at 5/1 I'm still happy to take him to top score here. Rahim plays spin and seam equally as well which is good because he'll face quality in both areas here. He can play the rebuilding innings and he can play the bish bash bosh innings as we saw last time out against the West Indies. With him batting higher up the order I think he has every chance of top scoring in this innings and at 5/1 he remains a decent looking each way bet.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs Pakistan T20 International & ODI Series Annoyingly -1.5 for the T20. Team news killed me a bit with the Bangladesh handicap as did whoever prepared that wicket with the likes of Afridi and Ajmal around and just when it looked like Rahim was getting in a position to top score he was run out when really the guy at the other end should've sacrificed himself. C'est la vie. 1st ODI is on Thursday.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs Pakistan T20 International & ODI Series One bet for the series. 2pts M.Rahim Top Bangladesh Series Batsman 6/1 Victor Chandler Mushfiqur Rahim showed in the T20 that he was one of the few Bangladeshi batsmen who knew how to play the Pakistan spinners and that is going to be a massive part of this ODI series. Granted Tamim Iqbal and Shahriar Nafees will come back into the side but Iqbal has never really taken apart a spin heavy attack and Nafees is inconsistent at the best of times. There might be the odd cameo from someone down the order like we saw with Nasir Hossain in the T20 and the likes of Shakib will probably produce something of note with the bat but I think for consistency over the three matches Mushfiqur is our man. Since he's been given the captaincy he has moved up the order and seems to be thriving on the responsibility. He landed this touch for me in the West Indies series and I think he can do it again here too.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs Pakistan T20 International & ODI Series 3 for me in the opening ODI. 6pts Under 6.5 6's 8/11 Stan James Although the stats don't suggest this is a good bet I believe it is. There were only 3 6's in the T20 match here and scoring wasn't easy at all on a track which turned from the first ball. If that was the plan for the Bangladesh players in this series then it won't be easy to eradicate that within a day and a half of the T20. In contrast if we look at the two sides on show I don't see this Pakistan attack conceding too many in the way of 6's and at the same time until Umar Akmal walks out at number 5 there isn't what I would call a natural 6 hitter for Pakistan either. I readily accept Umar Akmal and Shahid Afridi are two of the bigger 6 hitters in the game but there has to be a strong chance if Bangladesh bat first that neither will get a significant bat. Given the shortage of 6's in the T20 match a couple of days ago and the way the wicket in that match played I think this match will contain fewer than 7 6's. 4pts S.al-Hasan's Performance Pts - 47&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Shakib covered this total in the T20 match on Tuesday and I see no reason why he can't cover it again here. In conditions which will suit him he's more than capable of picking up the required points in the field here but he's equally as capable of picking them up with the bat too. As I said in the T20 match an average day with bat and ball gets this job done and a good day with either does as well so there's no reason to desert Bangladesh's most talented player while the lines are like this. 3pts M.Hafeez's Performance Pts - 56&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Mohammad Hafeez also covered this line in the T20 match and the way he was just allowed to bowl without the Bangladesh batsmen trying to get after him as the part time of the three spinners says to me he can cover it again in this match. I'm quite confident Hafeez will get 10 overs in this match such was the way he bowled in the T20 and the way Bangladesh played spin in general. With the bat he has free reign to bat for as long as he likes as he opens the batting and if he gets in it's hard to see him not slashing a significant proportion of this target if not cover it completely. He's more than good enough with the bat to cover this with the willow but I'm certain that be it by catches or wickets he will contribute to the total in the field which leads me to a small bet on the overs here too.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs Pakistan T20 International & ODI Series +4.71pts for the 1st ODI with the 6's and the Shakib bets winning and +3.21 overall now. I'll have the same two in the 2nd ODI on Saturday. 5pts Under 5.5 6's Evs Stan James So far in a T20 and an ODI we've seen 4 6's which in itself paints a picture of why this line is too low. This ground is the one which has been used for both those matches and they've both turned a low and kept very low and Bangladesh in particular are having trouble knowing what a good score is and to find a way to score off the spinners here. Pakistan aren't doing a lot better in that department either and while the personnel is probably available to go over this total I'm far from convinced the wicket will allow it. With so few 6's in the series so far coupled with the way the wicket has played I think the unders is the right bet here. 4pts S.al-Hasan's Performance Pts - 44&Over 8/11 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Shakib has covered his performance targets in both matches against Pakistan so far and even though he covered it last time out the line has gone down which I find a bit strange. What I like about him now is he hasn't really contributed with the bat yet so when he does he's going to score a really big performance number because it seems set in stone that he'll take wickets with his spin. All the scoring methods are in play and if anything the bowling method will be enhanced by the turning wickets and the fact the ground is being used for the third time in less than a week so with that in mind I'll happily take Shakib's overs once again.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs Pakistan T20 International & ODI Series Both those bets won. That puts me +11.12 for the series so far. The 3rd ODI is tomorrow but it's a dead rubber. Had this match been in Dhaka like the last two I might've got involved but I'm no fan of dead rubbers really especially here where it has been a bit unpredictable so I'll leave it there in terms of bets for the series. If Rahim overturns his 109 run deficit that will be a bonus but if not I'll take +9.12 and move on to the tests later in the week.