** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Snooker: 2011 UK Championship Dec. 3-11

Mirage

Re: Snooker: 2011 UK Championship Dec. 3-11 Cheers Mirage. Needed that day. Back to -3.6pts now. Not going to call the first semi final just yet. Will watch the first session and then see if there's a chance to get involved then. I'll take two to begin with. 5pts N.Robertson vs J.Trump - Over 14.5 Frames 8/11 Skybet 4pts Over 10.5 50+ breaks 11/10 Paddy Power I think this could be a fantastic semi final because both men have started showing that their top form isn't too far away. I was impressed with Judd's break building against Stephen Maguire but his safety and at times his long potting left a bit to be desired. Neil Robertson gave the air of a very confident man after his win over Ding Junhui and why wouldn't he? He has an exceptional record in tournaments when he reaches this stage of them and he knows he's played good snooker all season not just this week. I suspect with the one table environment Judd will start to come into his own and the entertainer in him will really come out but when all is said and done there is a semi final to be won and I don't think either will win it easily. Both men are aggressive potters capable of winning frames in one visit so I expect to see plenty of half century breaks in this match and I would expect the biggest win to be 9-6 either way but it could be a whole lot closer. I don't see either winning 9-5 or worse so I'll take the overs in both the frames and the half centuries here.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: 2011 UK Championship Dec. 3-11 Cracking opening semi final. Slightly annoying for me as although the frames came in comfortably there were only 10 50 breaks made all the more annoying with Robertson getting a horrible kick on 49 which was the difference between winning and losing. Small loss on that semi final so back to -3.95 overall now.

Re: Snooker: 2011 UK Championship Dec. 3-11 2 for me in the second semi final. 4pts R.Walden to beat M.Allen 6/4 Ladbrokes 5pts Under 1.5 centuries 6/5 William Hill Ricky Walden continues to play some lovely snooker in this tournament and I think he's playing better than Mark Allen so far this week. Allen has got through by scrapping and really fighting hard whereas in the main Walden has cruised through and been in control throughout all of his matches save maybe for when he was 2-1 down to Murphy. His response to that situation was that of a man who is in control of both his game and his emotions and it's the emotion side of the game that can sometimes hinder Mark Allen who lays it all on the line and often allows his opponent to see how he's feeling. Ricky Walden keeps his hidden which I always prefer. This will be Mark Allen's 7th major semi final and as yet he hasn't won any of the previous 6 so he has a bit of a monkey to get rid of in this match. Ricky Walden has been to and won the Shanghai Masters final so he knows how to get past this stage. I think Walden is playing the better snooker this week and with a Masters wildcard a reward if he wins this week he has all the extra motivation needed to go on and win. Between them in their three matches this week the pair have made just two century breaks in winning 36 frames between them. Over a maximum of 17 here two more looks unlikely. Neither are what you would call prolific century makers which is a help and we saw in the first semi final this table isn't playing as easy as the players would like. That semi final with all the potting ability and talent on show produced just one century and I don't see this one producing two either. Walden to win a match with no more than one ton is how I see this going.

So its a Trump v Allen final and Judd will start favourite and proberly rightly so.Im pretty sure Allen has a very favourable record against Judd tho, he always seems to beat him and win quite well when they meet.After watching the whole of the first semi and the second session of the semi tonight I do feel the Allen semi was of better quality tho so the value could lie with him, but think I might just sleep on it for now. Sent from my HTC Desire using PL Forum

Re: Snooker: 2011 UK Championship Dec. 3-11

So its a Trump v Allen final and Judd will start favourite and proberly rightly so.Im pretty sure Allen has a very favourable record against Judd tho, he always seems to beat him and win quite well when they meet.After watching the whole of the first semi and the second session of the semi tonight I do feel the Allen semi was of better quality tho so the value could lie with him, but think I might just sleep on it for now. Sent from my HTC Desire using PL Forum
Dont waste your money on Allen, he hasnt a hope of beating Trump on form! Night Night sleep well xxx

Re: Snooker: 2011 UK Championship Dec. 3-11

Based on there form in these UK Champs these two are quite equally matched.So how you can say Allen hasn't a chance on form I'm not too sure.The pair have met thirteen times in the past and Allen leads the head to head 12-1. Sent from my HTC Desire using PL Forum
The past means nothing! Trump is only coming into his own the past year or so! Allen has had 1 century break in the whole tournament, he even said himself yesterday that he doesnt have much chance of beating Trump the way he is playing! I personally think Trump will win, but its all about opinions Bertie! How can you say the form has been equally matched in the UK Championships this year so far? Allen has beat Gunnell, Carter, Fu and Walden.. Trump has beat Maguire, Ronnie O Sullivan and Neil Robertson! A bit of a huge difference there dont you think?

Re: Snooker: 2011 UK Championship Dec. 3-11 Annoying semi final there. Will update the P/L at the end but I want to get these up before the final begins. 4pts M.Allen to beat J.Trump 15/8 William Hill 5pts Over 16.5 frames 10/11 William Hill 4pts M.Allen Highest Break 5/4 Skybet Some of these prices on Mark Allen are almost insulting to be quite honest. I think most snooker fans, myself included, want Trump to win this final but I can't ignore these prices on the Ulsterman who has played solid if unspectacular snooker all week. I've said it all week and I'll say it again I don't believe apart from 4 frames against Stephen Maguire, that Trump has played anything like his best snooker this week and I think should that continue Allen will have every chance here. I was ultra impressed with him in the semi final second session. After seeing 4 frames go at the blink of an eye from 3-1, particularly the 6th frame and the way that one went it took some real courage to come out and play like he did in the second session. For four frames he hardly missed an important ball and when the winning line came he galloped over it in the end which was equally as impressive given the demons you just know would have been in his head. Having got rid of that monkey from his back Mark Allen can enjoy this final now. It appears not many outside of his camp expect him to win and he's guaranteed a nice purse for a week's work so I think we might see the Pistol's cue arm flow a bit here. And that leads me to believe there could well be a high break from him in this final. Judd's hit 3 centuries to Allen's one this week but Judd's all came against Stephen Maguire who is such an aggressive player he often leads himself open to big breaks with the attacking shots he plays. Judd's highest break in his semi final was only 84 and I've began to notice once the frame is won Judd goes into 'naughty snooker' mode. Mark Allen will want to keep Judd off the table as long as possible in this final so if he has a chance to clear up he'll take it so I think Allen to have the highest break is well worth a chance. Whoever wins this final I expect it to be quite close. There will be some nerves and tension around tonight but with the pressure off and the bit between his teeth I fancy Mark Allen to win a tight and hopefully fantastic final here.

Re: Snooker: 2011 UK Championship Dec. 3-11 Poor week for me, finished with a big loss. Been away for the last couple of days and just got back so couldn't get involved in the 2nd semi final and the final - probably a good thing :lol Good luck to those with bets today!

Re: Snooker: 2011 UK Championship Dec. 3-11 I haven't had a punt on the snooker for a good while but at 7/2 (Bet 365) in-play at the moment (Trump 5-3 up) I reckon there is a bit of value on my fellow countryman Mark Allen to lift the title. Martin O'Neill came up trumps (excuse the pun:p) for me earlier with the Sunderland victory and it could be a good day all round for Northern Ireland of Allen was to pull this one out of the fire. Just a wee interest 1/10 stakes for me.:hope GL all with an interest left in the last session.

Re: Snooker: 2011 UK Championship Dec. 3-11 Good to see you ending on a high there Kev :clap Well done to everyone who had winners. Cracking final to end what, in my opinion, has been an average week in terms of quality. Bring on the Masters, hopefully a profitable tournament for me!

Re: Snooker: 2011 UK Championship Dec. 3-11 Not a single loser in the snooker all week, bliss! But that was thanks for Judd Trump... Backed him in every round, and backed him outright at 7/4! Bliss! :nana I think Ding is going to win a big tournament soon, so im going to follow him next i think!

Re: Snooker: 2011 UK Championship Dec. 3-11 Forgot to round up my P/L for the tournament so will do that now. Sadly Allen's revival couldn't quite land him the title so I end the week -7.4pts in what was an unlucky week with at least 4-5 crossbars hit. Well done with all who had winners this week and as Mirage says roll on the Masters. A couple of PTC events before then though.