Announcements
** Nap's Competition Result : 1st Barnsley Chop, 2nd Daisychain, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert, 4th Marmalade, KO Cup Tipsterix, Most Winners Calva Decoy**
**June Poker League Result : 1st Autogree £75, 2nd Rivrd £45, 3rd Ian309 £30**
Sign in to follow this  
Jase82

UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December "Tomorrow's game might seem inconsequential but it's not; it's important to me," affirmed Claudio Ranieri on the eve of Inter v CSKA Moscow. "It's important to me because when I arrived we had zero points and when we went to Moscow we were playing to stay in the Champions League.Winning tomorrow would mean bringing more money into the club's coffers and also maintaining our UEFA co-efficient high; that's very important because we're losing points, important points, and we don't remember that we'll end up losing teams in the Champions League and the Europa League" Above quote taken from Inter official website, Inter have had mixed results this season and another poor performance will be frowned upon by the management. I watched Cska's Moscow match against Lille and the performance of the home team was one of the most atrocious ones that I ever witnessed. Granted they had some absences but it was a must win match and they could not string three passes together once in this match. Can't see them improving even with the return of the absentees of their last CL match. I'm going for Inter win at generous odds of 2.6 Ladbrokes.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Basel vs Manchester United Home side is not able to keep a clean sheet and seeing them with Otelul twice, they will be meat for United. Manchester is a strong team and can cause damage to anyone, especially to a swiss team. I see goals here, Basel is not Villa and Manchester knows to get what they need. Always Manchester showed the class when needed and now they need. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 with bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December

"Tomorrow's game might seem inconsequential but it's not; it's important to me," affirmed Claudio Ranieri on the eve of Inter v CSKA Moscow. "It's important to me because when I arrived we had zero points and when we went to Moscow we were playing to stay in the Champions League.Winning tomorrow would mean bringing more money into the club's coffers and also maintaining our UEFA co-efficient high; that's very important because we're losing points, important points, and we don't remember that we'll end up losing teams in the Champions League and the Europa League" Above quote taken from Inter official website, Inter have had mixed results this season and another poor performance will be frowned upon by the management. I watched Cska's Moscow match against Lille and the performance of the home team was one of the most atrocious ones that I ever witnessed. Granted they had some absences but it was a must win match and they could not string three passes together once in this match. Can't see them improving even with the return of the absentees of their last CL match. I'm going for Inter win at generous odds of 2.6 Ladbrokes.
you are a smart guy and I will pay attention here!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Lille vs Trabzonspor selection 12 or more corners @ 7/5 Paddy Power In Lille' 2 home Champions league games so far there have been 28 corners.Of these Lille have had 20 themselves.Their style of play brings corners.On top of that this is a must win game for Lille and they will have to attack.Trabzonspor themselves know that if Cska win against an already qualified Inter they could be out.With both sides needing a win there should be enough corners to cover this line

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Lille V Trabzonspor As already mentioned, fancy bookings in this game. Personally think Lille will win, and so there is a fair chance the Turks will lose the plot, particularly late on. Also, in event Lille aren't leading, Trabzonspor will be defending for their lives. Therefore am backing yellow cards for Trabsonspor exclusively. 1pt Over 3.5 yellow cards for Trabzonspor @3.0 - William Hill 1.5pts Over 2.5 yellow cards for Trabzonspor @1.67 - BWin 1.5pts Over 1.5 yellow cards for Trabzonspor in 2nd half @1.70 - Bwin :hope

Took a small stakes double earlier for a bit of interest in tonight's games, let's see what happens: Man United (to bt Basle) x Napoli (to bt Villareal) DOUBLE @ 3.2 (Pinnacle:3pts) Can only see a United victory in Switzerland tonight, they are paying for some sloppy defensive displays at home earlier in the group, but I think Ferguson will have them ready for this, and I'd expect a professional display from a United side who are a class above Basle. Rio and Vidic should play at centre back which gives United a strong base to build from, they have a few injuries up front but I think Fergie will go with Rooney on his own anyway, supported by Park possibly, with Nani, Young wide. Basle produced a good display at Old Trafford but I think they are heading out tonight, I'd expect United will wrap up a solid win. Bit wary of Napoli away from home, but I just cannot ignore how poor Villareal have been this season, they've lost all 5 games in Europe, have injuries to the likes of Rossi long-term, plus Cani, Borja, Catala are out tonight and there are a few others like Zapata, Nilmar who are possibly able to play but may not be thrown in, as they have a big league game at the weekend and nothing to play for here. They've looked toothless at times and have had to throw some young players in too early, plus also conceding goals at will. I like Napoli, really feel they deserve to go through, Mazzarri was able to make a few changes for the weekend win vs Lecce, and they should be in good shape heading into tonight with their best players ready to go. I'd expect something like this: De Sanctis, Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica, Maggio, Inler, Gargano, Dossena, Hamsik, Lavezzi and Cavani. It's a good team, well-balanced, dogged in central midfield, hard-working players all over the place, and quality in attack. I usually wouldnt touch Napoli outright win away from home in Europe but I think tonight may be the time to do it. GL!...........:hope
I think the bookies have priced United up correctly but completely agree with you about Napoli, nothing more to add really. Here is a good article which features the Villareal-Napoli game tonight. http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2011/12/07/2791659/how-seriously-will-bayern-munich-villarreal-take-their-games

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December D Zagreb V Lyon As mentioned already, Lyon face an uphill battle to qualify. Lyon need to throw cation to the wind, and depending on how the game is going and also the news from Amsterdam, they will either be going all out for more goals in the 2nd half, or they may stop trying. Believe Zagreb will keep going regardless, being at home, and this being their last game on the big stage. Small stakes as these are speculative: 0.5pts D Zagreb to score in both halves @5.5 - Unibet 0.5pts 2 or more D Zagreb goals in 2nd half @6.57* - William Hill 0.3pts Lyon HT/Draw FT @17.0 - Stan James 0.2pts Lyon HT/D Zagreb FT @41.0 - BWin *Dutching of 2 goals @8.5 and 3 or more @29 :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Hi guys. I was reading this forum for some months, but only today I desided to register in. Firs of all sorry for my english. It is not my first language. I'm in sports gambling for maybe 4-5 years. Not a rookie, but still need tons of work and time to become better :p So the one thing that keeps my annoying that everybody saying that Villarral have nothing to play for. 1. How about the money? 400,000eur for a draw. 800,000eur for a win. How about that? Now a days everybody needs money. Specialy in football with these astronomic bills on wages, new players signings and stuff like that. 2. I would say its more not about pride. But its about a shame. Thay are a big club. At the moment with big problems, but still big club. And to get kicked out of the Champions League without any points would be a shame to the players and fans and this club.

Man City v Bayern Munich - MAN CITY @ 4/7 Last chance saloon for Man City to try and scrape through. Nothing less than a win will do. They will live in hope that Villarael can avoid defeat at home to Napoli. Lille v Trabzonspor - LILLE @ 4/9 A win for Lille and they are through. They have 2 good creative midfielders in Eden Hazard and Joe Cole. Fairly solid at home. They'll make home advantage count to go through. Dinamo Zagreb v Lyon - LYON @ 5/6 Big ask for Lyon to qualify (need to win, hope Ajax lose, and overturn 7 goal difference). They can do their part by winning in Zagreb. Zagreb have defenders missing and Lyon will be going for goals. Basel v Man Utd - MAN UTD @ 1/2 Man Utd need a draw to go through. A draw would leave a very nervy ending. Man Utd will go for this and do a professional job on Basel. £10 Acca would return £62.40 R.Madrid have great value @ 5/4. In the posts above their squad still looks pretty good. Inter may already be through but 17/10 at home is big. They will not want to disappoint their home fans anymore.
Don't know who you are betting with but your getting poor prices! Man Utd at least 4/6 with most firms while Man City are pretty much the same, 4/6! Would boost your acca a good bit!

Hi guys. I was reading this forum for some months, but only today I desided to register in. Firs of all sorry for my english. It is not my first language. I'm in sports gambling for maybe 4-5 years. Not a rookie, but still need tons of work and time to become better :p So the one thing that keeps my annoying that everybody saying that Villarral have nothing to play for. 1. How about the money? 400,000eur for a draw. 800,000eur for a win. How about that? Now a days everybody needs money. Specialy in football with these astronomic bills on wages, new players signings and stuff like that. 2. I would say its more not about pride. But its about a shame. Thay are a big club. At the moment with big problems, but still big club. And to get kicked out of the Champions League without any points would be a shame to the players and fans and this club.
:welcome to PL :ok Your English is fine ;) Look forward to seeing your tips :)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December I don't understand what's the mether who will play for Baern, Man City have team strong enough to beat every team in europe - I think Man City will win this even on HC , just to prove every body that in this group every of the team could be the winner

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Manchester UTD have performed rather poorly by their standards in this group stage. Draws with Basel and Benfica at home, in 2 games where they conceded 5 goals. They used mixed squads against Otelul but still got maximum points, and another draw at Benfica. Right now they can only hope for the second place since Benfica are topping the group and play with minnows Otelul at home. To get that second place they need just a point here in Switzerland, but I doubt Sir Alex will be pleased to defend a point here, and in his mind the first place must be given a shot. Basel have played better on the road in this group stage, at home they were more vulnerable. I see a win for United here, and bookies are generous with odds. Manchester @1.70

Event D. Zagreb - Lyon
Selection Over 2,5
Strength 10/10
Date 07/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 1.91
Reasoning This Dinamo zagreb and the way they played against Real Madrid in the last game seem to be an amateur team. If Lyon hammer them tonight, i wouldn't be surprised. Lyon don't depend only of their result to qualify but they have to do their part winning by a clear margin. Dinam Zagreb will miss three main defensive players:Cufre, Tonel and Simunic, and this won't help them for sure. Lyon can have their mission easier like this, and despite that, i believe DInamo Zagreb will score at least one goal in this game. Over 2,5 goals seem to be a good choice here.

I just wonder how much money is involved in these two games. After all, its Man City and Napoli being in the group with 2 clubs who are in totally different financial situations. I am thinking of these facts : From potential 4 000 000 euros Villareal won 0 euros. They won 0 matches and draw 0 matches. Now they are in some sort of position to decide if their players will "break" Napoli's players legs or let them dance safely to another victory. Who comes in group phase of CL and gets 0 profit from it? Nobody and that is something that will never happen. Villareal has to eat too. It is just the question who is going to pay for it. Man City, or its owners, have very clear plan for this institution. In 2008*9. they finished 10th in EPL, in 2009*10 5th and its more and more likely that this year they are going to win it. Last year they also won FA Cup and it all sounds amazing for a newspapers article and I believe Wikipedia will give them good spot so everybody can see the rising era of Abu Dhabi group team. Because I know that in here I am not allowed to talk about potential match fixing, conspiracy and corruption in modern football, I wont. I just want to tell other punters that Man City and Napoli are the ugliest pair of shoes modern football scene has. And no matter how ugly they are, scene is promoting them every day telling others how good and comfortable they are when we all know that scene is not wearing them for their goodness and comfort they provide but because they cost so freaking much. I am not going to give away my picks because I can't give the full reasoning why I picked. Blame the forum politics for that :)
I cannot believe you actually took the time to write this.

Already been discussed at length but I think Man City are far too short for the game against Bayern even with all the factors taking into account. Managed to lay Man City @ 1.62 myself on Betfair, available to lay currently @ 1.72 which is still on the short side in my view.
What factors are they? Man City need to win to have a chance or qualifying and I'm going to presume Bayern will stick out a weakened team, having already won the group, and that their performances domestically after Champions League have been poor, clearly showing signs of fatigue. For the record, City are going in my accumulator this evening....

Took a small stakes double earlier for a bit of interest in tonight's games, let's see what happens: Man United (to bt Basle) x Napoli (to bt Villareal) DOUBLE @ 3.2 (Pinnacle:3pts) Can only see a United victory in Switzerland tonight, they are paying for some sloppy defensive displays at home earlier in the group, but I think Ferguson will have them ready for this, and I'd expect a professional display from a United side who are a class above Basle. Rio and Vidic should play at centre back which gives United a strong base to build from, they have a few injuries up front but I think Fergie will go with Rooney on his own anyway, supported by Park possibly, with Nani, Young wide. Basle produced a good display at Old Trafford but I think they are heading out tonight, I'd expect United will wrap up a solid win. Bit wary of Napoli away from home, but I just cannot ignore how poor Villareal have been this season, they've lost all 5 games in Europe, have injuries to the likes of Rossi long-term, plus Cani, Borja, Catala are out tonight and there are a few others like Zapata, Nilmar who are possibly able to play but may not be thrown in, as they have a big league game at the weekend and nothing to play for here. They've looked toothless at times and have had to throw some young players in too early, plus also conceding goals at will. I like Napoli, really feel they deserve to go through, Mazzarri was able to make a few changes for the weekend win vs Lecce, and they should be in good shape heading into tonight with their best players ready to go. I'd expect something like this: De Sanctis, Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica, Maggio, Inler, Gargano, Dossena, Hamsik, Lavezzi and Cavani. It's a good team, well-balanced, dogged in central midfield, hard-working players all over the place, and quality in attack. I usually wouldnt touch Napoli outright win away from home in Europe but I think tonight may be the time to do it. GL!...........:hope
Love this bet and I'm on it myself :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Bayern team is weak. Butt, Rafinha, Boateng, Concento, Babstuber, Pranjic, Alaba, Luiz Gustavo, Tymoshchuk, Petersen, Olic. Glad I didn't back Bayern on any kind of handicap now..

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December my bets for today acca: Corner Match Bet LYON vs Dinamo 4/5 Corner Match Bet MAN CITY vs Bayern 3/10 Full Time Result Ajax vs REAL MADRID Race to 3 corners LILLE vs Trabzonspor 2/9 Acca offers 5/1 for all four above

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Ajax v Real Madrid I plan to watch this game tonight. I think there is probably some value with Real Madrid @ 2.25. Ajax have virtually qualified. Even if they lose tonight, it would take Lyon to win in Zagreb AND a big swing in goal difference for Lyon to overtake Ajax. But I suspect Ajax won't want to take the risk, just in case, and knowing Madrid's ability to score a lot of goals. If Ajax play defensively though, this might make a Madrid win more likely. They might just let Madrid have the ball and try to keep the game very tight. And if Zagreb take the lead against Lyon, I think Ajax might relax because they will feel confident of qualifying. Overall I think this game is likely to be tight, with Madrid doing more attacking. If Ajax can defend successfully, there might be value in under 2.5 goals @ 2.2. Anyway, I look forward to seeing how it goes. Could be an interesting game.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Some bayern info from BBC: "Bayern Munich, who have made umpteen changes to their side having already guaranteed top spot in the group, with the likes of Mario Gomez, Thomas Mueller, Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben missing out. Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko also start for the hosts." Anyone have more info on likely Bayern team? I dont think this is Man Citys time for CL glory if Bayern had first team out, I would back the away win. Although missing the likes of Ribery and Robben, Gomez and Mueller has put me off this for now. I cant see anything but a win for Napoli at Villareal so will back napoli @4/5 with paddy power. Villareal in a complete state at the moment in every aspect of the game, Napoli will really want the win to go through...8pts :cigar

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Lyon need to win big in Zagreb to stand any chance of qualifying and i think they will pile forward from the off. although Zagreb have been pretty lean at home in the CL this season. Still, i can see Lyon pushing at any oportunity in the Zagreb half. Bayern team looks pretty weak and a above is a must win game for City, City good at set plays and their full backs love to push forward. Real Madrid will play weakened team but I cant see anything less than a win. Reserves are very strong and Mourinho will want to send a message to the rest of Europe with 6 wins out of 6 Lille generate a lot of corners and with this game needing to win, i cant see Trabzonspor attacking much in the first half. lot of possession will be in the away end in the first half

Real Madrid 11/10 against Ajax, forgot to mention in above post. All these with bet365
:welcome to PL :ok Goodluck with your bets.... please remember all bets without reason can go in the weekend / midweek bets thread ;) ... http://forum.punterslounge.com/f6/midweek-bets-thread-6th-8th-december-124284/

Some bayern info from BBC: "Bayern Munich, who have made umpteen changes to their side having already guaranteed top spot in the group, with the likes of Mario Gomez, Thomas Mueller, Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben missing out. Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko also start for the hosts." Anyone have more info on likely Bayern team? I dont think this is Man Citys time for CL glory if Bayern had first team out, I would back the away win. Although missing the likes of Ribery and Robben, Gomez and Mueller has put me off this for now. I cant see anything but a win for Napoli at Villareal so will back napoli @4/5 with paddy power. Villareal in a complete state at the moment in every aspect of the game, Napoli will really want the win to go through...8pts :cigar
Bayern team is weak. Butt, Rafinha, Boateng, Concento, Babstuber, Pranjic, Alaba, Luiz Gustavo, Tymoshchuk, Petersen, Olic.

Anyone have more info on likely Bayern team?
It's a b-team, they even rest Neuer, Lahm, Müller, Gomez. Contento, the left-back, is maybe not even 2nd division quality. Really, not much quality, offense harmless. City -1 shouldn't be a problem, as naive as it sounds.

:welcome to PL :ok Goodluck with your bets.... please remember all bets without reason can go in the weekend / midweek bets thread ;) ... http://forum.punterslounge.com/f6/midweek-bets-thread-6th-8th-december-124284/
thank you thank you. have been sports betting a while and actually stumbled on this forum when i googled for info on the of the games tonight. look forward to receiving some healthy tips and giving some back too!

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December im staying away from man city v bayern, bit of experience in there and dont think bayern squad is as bad as it looks, tymoshchuck and olic good players and the rest are far from poor footballers. Anyway im going with: Man Utd 4/6 - Too much European experience to go out at this stage. Fergie knows what has to been done and Im sure his players will know their part. Man U wont exit CL tonight. Real Madrid 11/10 - Ajax through, Jose always plays to win, even with a second string team. Napoli 5/6 - Have to win to have a chance, and I reckon they will cause a big upset in Manchester if city manage to beat bayern. Especially against a weak Villareal with nothing to play for. Villareal in a complete mess and have more to worry about than this game. I know there is cash for winning but i dont expect Villareal to be too worried about this CL game. Treble @ £10 gives £63 with Paddy power GL :cigar