** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December

Jase82

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December

According to www.kicker.de OLIC AND ROBBEN will both definitely be in the starting lineup. The site predicts following starting eleven for Munich: Neuer - Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Contento - Luiz Gustavo, Tymoshchuk - Robben, Alaba, Olic - Gomez Same lineup found on www.sportal.de
Robben stayed home with flu. I don't know if Heynckes will rest Lahm, Müller (I don't expect it), but a Bayern team without Schweinsteiger, Kroos and Robben (all absent) will struggle heavily.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one playing Ajax - Real Madrid? Handicap 1:0 for Real Madrid is 4.20! Regular win for Real Madrid is 2.5.:cow
Reald Madrid will as always go to Ajax to win. Mourinho wants to win every match his teams play in. With Barca at the weekend he will rest players but with the quality Madrid have on the bench the team will still be better than Ajax. Lets face it with Kaka and Benzema up front I just cant see Madrid not scoring. Madrid have beaten Ajax on the asian handicap the last 3 times they have met, I see no reason why this wont happen again tmmrw night. The team may line up something like this - Adan Arbeloa, Albiol, Varane, Coentrao Xabi Alonso, Sahin Altintop, Kaka, Callejon Benzema Not a weak team in my eye and more than capable of turning an average Ajax team over. I havent seen the squad list yet but it wouldn't surprise me to see Ozil, Ronaldo and Di Maria on the bench just in case he needs to play one of the big guns. Mourinho will want to win and keep the positive mood going forward into this weekends El Classico.

Reald Madrid will as always go to Ajax to win. Mourinho wants to win every match his teams play in. With Barca at the weekend he will rest players but with the quality Madrid have on the bench the team will still be better than Ajax. Lets face it with Kaka and Benzema up front I just cant see Madrid not scoring. Madrid have beaten Ajax on the asian handicap the last 3 times they have met, I see no reason why this wont happen again tmmrw night. The team may line up something like this - Adan Arbeloa, Albiol, Varane, Coentrao Xabi Alonso, Sahin Altintop, Kaka, Callejon Benzema Not a weak team in my eye and more than capable of turning an average Ajax team over. I havent seen the squad list yet but it wouldn't surprise me to see Ozil, Ronaldo and Di Maria on the bench just in case he needs to play one of the big guns. Mourinho will want to win and keep the positive mood going forward into this weekends El Classico.
Good point and I just can't see Real losing this one and @ 2.50 I will definitely consider them or maybe DNB @ 1.60 will be good for a double with something else.

Good point and I just can't see Real losing this one and @ 2.50 I will definitely consider them or maybe DNB @ 1.60 will be good for a double with something else.
I am going to wait until I see final squad lineup before taking the plunge. Madrid have impressed more than any other side this season. Accrording to the following press article it looks like Ajax have some problems with injuries going into this match. An under-strength Ajax looks set to play a Real Madrid reserve team in a crucial Champions League Group D match on Wednesday, with a draw enough to secure Frank de Boer's side a place in the knockout stage for the first time since 2005-2006. Madrid is already assured of winning the group so coach Jose Mourinho is expected to leave many of his stars in Madrid or on the bench to rest ahead of the weekend "clasico" league clash with arch rival Barcelona. Mourinho was announcing his squad later Tuesday after training in Madrid. Lyon trails Ajax by three points and can only finish second if it wins at Dinamo Zagreb, Ajax loses and there is a seven-goal swing in goal difference. Zagreb has yet to register a point and is playing only for pride. Spanish league leader Madrid won 3-0 at Sporting Gijon on Saturday with goals from Angel Di Maria, Cristiano Ronaldo and Marcelo to extend its current winning streak to 14 straight games in all competitions. It is seeking to become only the fifth team to win all six of its group matches in Champions League history, and the first since Barcelona in 2002-2003. Madrid midfielder Mesut Oezil said he believed Ajax had a good shot at finishing second in the group. "It is difficult to know for sure, Lyon has options as well, but Ajax is a little stronger than last year," Oezil said. "We are going to have difficult moments there. But we want to win every game, including in Amsterdam." Ajax will again play with a heavily depleted attack. First choice striker Kolbeinn Sigthorsson is still recovering from an ankle injury, while his replacement, Siem de Jong (thigh) is also unfit. Left winger Derk Boerrigter is out with a back injury and defender Toby Alderweireld had to leave training early Tuesday with a suspected hamstring injury. Forwards Miralem Sulejmani and Dmitry Bulykin are also injury worries, but both trained Tuesday and could be fit. Right back Gregory van der Wiel returns from injury to provide Ajax an extra attacking option with his runs and crosses from the right flank. "It would be a great result for the team to reach the second round," Van der Wiel said.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Madrid squad as follows - Keepers - Adan, Mejias, Pacheco Def - Arbeloa, Coentrao, Varane, Albiol, Mendes Mid - Kaka, Ozil, Di maria, Sahin, Althinop, Callejon, Granero, Alonso, Fwd- Higuain, Benzema, Jese Madrid reserve team lol :lol:lol

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December It is still available @ 2.50 with some bookies so took it as well with Bet365. Edit: With teams like Real Madrid where the competition is high to get into first eleven when players get a chance in a game like we will have tomorrow they will play with more passion to show what they can do.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Ajax could be good value to win, as they are playing at home and are playing to secure 2nd position in the group. Real madrid will be playing a weakened team as they have already qualified and are playing a very important game against Barcelona on saturday. Ajax to win @2/1 skybet

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Besides Robben and Kroos who both were not able to make it to Manchester due to flue there are Thomas Mueller and Mario Gomez who also suffer from the same symptoms as Robben and Kroos. Will check the starting eleven for Munich tomorrow but without these four and Schweinsteiger they might be to weak to get some points IN Manchester...

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Ajax Amsterdam (Holland) vs Real Madrid (Spain) On this match we take a look at the stats, corners this time. Reccomend: Total Corners Ajax: Over 5.5 @ 2.05 Bwin Total Corners : Over 10.5 @ 2.00 Bet365 The 4-3-3 Ajax plays as ussual (see bellow post line-ups) are producing a lots of corners, I remember when my Spartak Moscow played with Ajax kids. It went 13-0 corners FT, but FT results 0-0 simply because Ajax are still naive, want to get with ball into the net. In the return we showed how looks practice: two shoots from close range and two stunning goals by Spartak, FT reverse 3-0. Now this system lets see what are up on this season from the Champions League. At home / Ajax Individual Total Corners : 10-7 vs Lyon 10-4 vs Dinamo Zagreb Away: D. Zagreb - Ajax 2:9 Lyon - Ajax 4:5 Real Madrid - Ajax 1-6.. Ajax "covered" in Madrid the handicap -4 :) Away / Real Madrid Individual Total Corners: D. Zagreb - RM 11:6 Lyon - RM 6:8 RM with a mixed team here, Ajax shall pass again theyr limits and push from the wings to break Real's defense. Total match over 10.5 - with two wings Callejon and Kaka Real Madrid will put some corners here. Two big guns, tall players up front: Benzema and Higuain. Real Madrid for the outcome looks good, knowing Mou want to finish with a perfect 6-0-0 he wont play for the boring 0-0. The players that will come for Real tonight will want to prouve something to the portuguese coach, that he can count on them. Manchester City (England) vs Bavaria (Germany) It is certainly understandable why odds are low on the City, because the whole world will be on the sign 1, such as they have to win, but this is nonsense. They need to win, if Napoli fails in Spain, and if the italians will win, then City may have to play for.. the bookies (by the end of the match). A situation similar to yesterday in the group with Dortmund. There were also told that the Germans should win and needed to win, but all depended on the match in Athens, as well as there Olympiakos was leading, then the Germans it was possible to give up. By the break Dortmund lead 2-1, but you've probably seen what was happening in Athens in the same time. The result, Dortmund lost 2:3, and Marseile went on. Here, the situation may be exactly the same. To play hosts for 1.55 not worth. Moreover, Mancini if ​​he loses, he will not be sacked, for the City in the english championship confidently holds the first place, and always for the domestic championship stood higher priority than all the European Cups (Asking someone from England wich you preffer: Premier League or Champions League title? It cannot be compared the two). This doesnt mean City has no chance to advance, according to Mancini they have 30% so the other 70% goes for Napoli. It is better to bet live regardess of the outcome from the other match, Villareal - Napoli. Lille (France) vs Trabzonspor (Turkey) Lille are agressivelly playing, the have to put a pression from the beggining on the turks, Trabzon dont look good: 2 wins from the last 10. Lille shall put at least 4 corners in the first half - according theyr stats: Lille vs Inter 12:3 Lille vs CSKA Msk 8:5 CSKA Msk vs Trabzon 1:9 Inter vs Trabzon 9:0 Reccomend: Lille Total: Over 6.5 corners @ 1.75 Bwin Fouls Commited: Total Over 31.5 @ 1.85 Betcity Yellow card min 85 to 90: Yes @ 1.85 Betcity With regards, Abdelmalik Safin - Russian Football Expert tipping on the world's best forum for sporting information, The Punters' Lounge 11820.gif

do you know line ups for both sides?
Yes, possible 75% to be true. One moment According to Marca (Spain) scaled.php?server=846&filename=ajaxrealm.jpg&res=medium Likely Ozil and Di Maria to be on the bench. Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo, Pepe, Carvalho, Sergio Ramos all out.

Ajax (Holland) vs Real Madrid (Spain) On this match we take a look at the stats, corners this time.
Yes, possible 75% to be true. One moment According to Marca (Spain) scaled.php?server=846&filename=ajaxrealm.jpg&res=medium Likely Ozil and Di Maria to be on the bench. Casillas, Cristiano Ronaldo, Pepe, Carvalho, Sergio Ramos all out.
damn tahts a weak madrid side, btw for corners hope this helps http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/matches/round=2000263/match=2007664/index.html look under the "tournament statistic" title

damn tahts a weak madrid side' date=' btw for corners hope this helps http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/matches/round=2000263/match=2007664/index.html look under the "tournament statistic" title
Benzema Higuain Kaka Callejon Xabi Alonso Sahin Coentrao Albiol and you call that a weak real? :lol

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December I think its bizarre Mourinho is even considering going with Alonso, Benzema, Higuain, Kaka in the starting line-up, but all signs are that he is, why start Alonso!? Their best passer of the ball? Keep him fresh for the weekend, know he was suspended for Gijon but still..

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December From a purely statistical point of view, the Dinamo Zagreb-Lyon match is interesting in the fact that Both Teams NOT To Score is priced at 2.10 [PaddyPower]. This would have landed in 8/11 of Zagreb's European matches this season, and in 4/5 in the CL proper. It's worth noting the only time in the group stage this bet wouldn't have landed in the CL proper was in Matchday Five, where they scored two goals in the last ten minutes at the Bernabéu, although they were already 6-0 down at this stage. The bet would have landed in all five of Lyon's CL matches this season, and Lyon have failed to score away from home in the Champions League this season. As I said, purely statistics here. I haven't seen enough of either side to comment on how the sides are expected to line up or how they're performing recently, but the price seems tempting given the numbers.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December I seriously believe that Lille winning is the bet of the day. They are doing well lately and have experience in international competitions unlike Turks who will be under great pressure. In their first game Lille scored quite early and then conceived from a penalty in last 15 mins. They surprised by winning CSKA on that heavy Russian temperature which ensures that they are completely focused on passing to knockout bracket. On the other side we have Turks who won only that first game against Inter. I believe Lille has studied that CSKA - Trabzornspor game to the maximum and that they will be able to crack their defensive line. I am expecting a lot of yellow cards on the Turks side.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Manchester City v FC Bayern München Some intresting info about the away team, many players will be resting.Robben,Kroos,Schweinsteiger definitly all out, Gomez and Müller both flu and both doubt..Win is a must for M.City and in this situation i believe the home side will win. Manchester City to win Twitter : @Tahmin10

Benfica v Otelul Galati Yes maybe the home side have not a victory at home this year in CL, but this time is the situation different they are playing for everthing..And if M.United lost in Basel some point or points they can qualif at leader to the next stage.. Benfica to win
Benfica is already qualified for the next stage cause they score 1 away goal more in their encounters with Man Utd. I'm sure they will beat Galati here cause winning the group is attractive since this year it seems to guarentee you can avoid the toughest opponents. But the price on them is a joke, so only asian handicaps would be attractive. And here we have the problem that a 1-0 victory would be enough to finish on top for Benfica no matter what will happen in Basel and they dont have an easy opponent with Maritimo next weekend and cant afford to drop many points in this championship in their title race against Porto. So i doubt if they will put to much effort into the match . Asian Handicap on Galati not attractive for me either, despite Romanians did not get slaughtered in Basel and Manchester but i dont trust them one bit. Its no bet for me

I think its bizarre Mourinho is even considering going with Alonso' date=' Benzema, Higuain, Kaka in the starting line-up, but all signs are that he is, why start Alonso!? Their best passer of the ball? Keep him fresh for the weekend, know he was suspended for Gijon but still..[/quote'] That's what Mourinho does, he always plays for a win and wants to win all games.

That's what Mourinho does' date=' he always plays for a win and wants to win all games.[/quote'] Playing both big strikers Benzema and Higuain :lol definetly Mourinho goes for the record: only team with 6-0-0 after group stage.

ajax verse real madrid Any1 fancy over 1,5 goals at 1.25? l put that in my multi hopefully pays off,
very good choice for an accumulator. almost certain to happen. worth noting: neither side need to win, and ajax only need to draw. with that being said, a 0-0, 1-0, or 0-1 seems unlikely. will definitely be using this bet as well.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Basel v Man Utd match ? I see a draw here . Looking at MU recent forms . Their players wasnt consistent and wining match with just a goal or two . With chicharito out . I cant really see MU having enough attack for this game . Man City v Bayern Munich Gonna be a dramatic game . Man city will have plenty of opportunity to score . Look out for Bayern counter . But Bayern is without Robben,Kroos,Schweinsteiger,Gomez,Müller . Bayern Munich not to lose . Tough game here . Im not laying but definitely watching .

Re: UEFA Champions League > Wednesday 7th December Game: Basel v Man Utd Prediction: Utd to avoid losing. Utd, only need a draw to progress to the next stage. I think Utd progressing to the next stage is a certainty. Gaining top spot in the group will be tough, as Utd will need to beat Basel away from home at a bigger margin then Benfica v Otelul (should benfica win at home). I think Utd will give it a go anyway, but wont be too stressed if they dont seal top spot. Pick: There are a couple bets here that i think have "value". If you think Utd will win the game then, Wayne Rooney to score and Utd to win @ 2.75, Welbeck to score and Utd to win @ 3.2 might both be very reasonable bets. Utd must avoid defeat, and with Berba and Chicharito out, Rooney and Welbeck look like the prime candidates to score. Note: these are "value" bets in my opinion, as in bets that i think provide a good reward for the risk it entails. Accumulator Picks: Double Chance, Utd to win or Draw @ 1.10 or Utd to win either half @ 1.30 the whole rationale of my picks are based on the notion that Utd will avoid losing at any cost. note that this means 0 - 0 could be a possibility. However, with Basel needing a WIN to qualify, im sure they will be giving it a go and will try to score. this means two things, more space for utd to exploit on the counter, and should they score** utd will need to score again to avoid defeat (or win). more likely, basel will probably be pushing for the win throughout the game and Utd's quality will see them put 1 or 2 in the back of the net and snatching the win. Edit: all prices from sportsbet Australia