** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December

Jase82

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December

Mate, remember that the more selections you got the chance for winning gets lower and lower. Yes, if you win this will be great but how often does that happen :) Good luck with that pick. About your pick for BTS in chelsea game, as i wrote a minute ago - valencia will do anything to score at least once, but i`m not sure they will do it.
I totally agree with you...But on this multiple I would bet maximum 25 £ If you prefer betting on 2-3 picks max then you would have to change your investment... I see people winning multiples of 12-13 teams....

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you...But on this multiple I would bet maximum 25 £ If you prefer betting on 2-3 picks max then you would have to change your investment... I see people winning multiples of 12-13 teams....
The amount of investments is something different for everyone :) Your standard of life allows you to bet 25 £ on this multiple while i would go with max of 10 euro :) I just gave my opinion that it`s a bit risky that multiple. Like we say in my country - The pleasure has no price :) so enjoy your multiple :hope

I do like Zlatan4Ever style of posting. He`s bringing something fresh and different in the forum. So let`s everyone focus on how to make money than what colour the posts are. I put my eye on 2 games tonight and i`ll post my opinion. Porto - Zenith I see a home win here, a must win game for Porto. Yes "must" does not mean it will happen for sure, but i`m full of confidence that Porto will take what they need here. It was real shock after the first 4 games for Porto to have only 4 points so they buckle up and took the 3 vital points in Donetsk. A win today can even give them the 1st place in the group if AEK lose from Donetsk. Zenith defence is not that hard imo so 0-0 draw is out of the question. Chelsea-Valencia Same situation here, chelsea need a win to qualify and they can even top the group. No doubt Valencia will try anything to score at least once witch will cause a lot of problems for Chelsea. IMO the blues are getting out of that little crisis they where in. Last weekend win against Newcastle will surely give them confidence for tonight and will give AVB some fresh air. I expect a home win tonight. Porto+Chelsea @ 2.83 :ok
Reasonable thinking. Maybe you can improve your bet with combinations like : Porto to win + score over 1.5 goals. Same applies to Chealsea match. Cause if you have an opinion that this double with work and that your favorites will take wins you have to think how their rivals will play. I don't think Valencia will let Chealsea to take away sneaky 1/0 win. Same for Porto match. So following that scenario you should improve that bet!

Sport Football (Champions League)
Event Chelsea - Valencia
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 06/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.92
Reasoning Chelsea hosts Valencia at "Stamford Bridge" in maybe the most interesting game from the last round of the champions league group stage tonight. Chelsea made their task a lot diffcult after they lost their last game against Bayer Leverkusen with 1:2. Now the team needs a win or at least a goalless draw to progress to the next round of the champions league. But Villas Boas for sure will not want to play for a draw and will try to motivate his side to start attacking from the first whistle and to make their job easier with an early goal. Valencia in other hand is in great form. The team won seven of their last eight games in all competitions (lost only against Real Madrid 2:3). In the previous round the team smashed Genk with 7:0 and now Unai Emeri and his side will try their best to win in London and to secure their place in the next round. Defenders Ruis and Costa are both out of the game with injuries, as well as Canales and Maduro.

Sport Football (Champions League)
Event Borusia Dortmund - Marseille
Selection Over 2.5 goals
Strength 10/10
Date 06/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betclic @ 1.85
Reasoning Dortmund is playing really bad in the champions league this season, but still the team have a little chance to progress to the next round. For that Borusia have to win with more than three goals against Marseille and in the same time Arsenal not to lose in Greece. The task is really tougg, but in front of their fans the team will do everything they can and without any question will start attacking from the first whistle, because they don't have other option. Striker Lewandovski is in great form, while the goalscorer of the team in the last season Barrios is still not ready for a full 90 minutes and will probably start from the bench. Marseille in other hand will not be sure for their progress to the next round even with a draw, so they have to go for the three points in this match too, which means that we'll see an open game with probably a lot of goals.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December I am so amazed of how people are saying that odds on Borrusia to qualify have some value. In situation when they have to beat a team with 4 or more goals when they lost to them 3/0 earlier in the group, plus, to get a positive score from another group game is everything but value. It is worth a try but it is not value and if you believe that it is worth a try and you are not thinking of value you are not punter but a gambler

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December Chelsea @ 1.75 pinnacle Both teams need to win in order to progress through to the next phase, but believe Chelsea will be much better here than their EPL form shows. They have been very good at home in the CL, beating Bayer Leverkusen 2-0 and Racing Genk 5-0, while Valencia drew 0-0 at Racing Genk and lost 2-1 at Bayer Leverkusen in their two away games in this group. Chelsea did well to draw 1-1 in the game at Valencia where they led until the 87th minute where Kalou handled the ball and gave up the win. Pressure is on both sides, but the home ground advantage, and for some, maybe their careers at Chelsea will be shortened if they are knocked out of the CL, should inspire them to produce that extra bit to win the game. Porto - Zenit St Petersburg over 2.5 @ 1.88 pinnacle Both teams will be looking for the win to not only qualify, but possibly gain top spot. Porto have scored in each of their 5 CL games so far this season, and need to do so once again, but they have allowed goals in 4 of these CL games, includind their two home games where they beat Shaktar Donetsk 2-1 and drew 1-1 with Apoel Nicosia. Zenit have scored in 4 of their 5 CL games, and though they have kept a clean sheet in their last two games, they did concede goals in their two away games, losing 2-1 at Apoel Nicosia and drawing 2-2 at Shaktar Donetsk. Zenit won 3-1 earlier in these qualifying rounds against Porto, and expect this to be another game with goals in it, as Porto especially will need to score, and if they do score early, then this is likely to go over

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December Once again the Champions League threads descend into needless insults and jibes. I've been on a little clean up - Sorry Zlatan your lovely picture was one of the posts to be removed. Please let's keep personal insults out of these threads.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December I'm the one that received the unjust insults...and for some reason my post has been removed. Anyways... OLYMPIAKOS: Megyeri, Torosidis, Mellberg, Papadopoulos, Marcano, Potouridis, Holebas, Orbaiz, Maniatis, Mirallas, Djebbour. ARSENAL: Fabianski, Djorou, Vermaelen, Squillaci, Santos, Coquelin, Frimpong, Benayoun, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh, Arshavin. WITH THESE PROBABLE LINEUPS, I'M TAKING OLYMPIAKOS TO WIN @1.91 (BWIN)...

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December please write here about Napoli and tomorrow's games! http://forum.punterslounge.com/f59/uefa-champions-league-wednesday-7th-december-123882/ for today... Chelsea v Valencia 2or3 goals @2,00 bet365 3/10 Chelsea must go to win, while a draw with goals satisfies Spanish team. My opinion is that Valencia play quite well this season and it's possible to qualify on. Villas-Boas just can not find the right formula for success of his team, and guests have a great counter attack. I don't predict who will win this match, only expect a moderate number of goals. Olympiacos v Arsenal X @3,60 bet365 2/10 Piraeus need win, and on the other hand Gunners have already secured first place. So Wenger will perform a combined team with a lot of young players. Olympiakos have problems with injured players (from midfield) but will also have incredible support from the stands. Most likely outcome will be a draw for me. Borussia D v Marseille over2,5 @1,82 nordicbet 4/10 Many have already said everything that was needed. Both teams will go for victory, and in case of early goal bet is certain. Apoel v Shakhtar X2 @1,67 nordicbet 4/10 A very strange situation in this group where the Cypriots currently the first, and miners without any hope of qualifying. But home team is in trouble due to injuries of several important players, and guests come to play last game for money and pride.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December Valencia to beat Chelsea 4.6@bwin 4/10! Chelsea - Valencia - Over 2.5 1.8@bwin 7/10! Well, this one should be a great encounter today, only win @ Stamford Brigde will do it for visitors. i always like theese situations when the better team on paper playing do or die game with an underdog like Valencia. But you have to agree that Chelsea looks little bit weak, only last win in Premiership vs Newcastle , but before that? 2 loss to liverpool, terible loss to Bayer, and to be honnest Chelsea looks bad this season and i don't know why they should be such a favourite today. On the other hand Valencia superb start of the season, they're fighting everyone in La liga even barca (2:2 at home) + Real Madrid (loss 2:3), i thought that after Mata and villa leaving this club they will disapear from top 5 in Laliga but team proved that they are prettty good, have a good organization and a spirit to fight every game, they trashed Genk 6-0 last time in CL, why they can't win today in London? Specially when opponents strugling. Also including perfect Sturidge form and will pick him to score anytime @2.2 bwin 4/10 2:1 for visitors will be perfect result with Daniel scoring last minute :lol ok gl to all! :hope

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December the bookies have placed chelsea as favourites but i cannot see them as outright winners with all their inconsistencies especially as valencia has still everything to play for. the first leg showed that they are pretty even teams but the added pressure on chelsea will not help them. they will be worried of going all out attack as valenica can punish them on quick counter. i still think they will go through to next round but with a draw

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December I believe the bookies have misjudged this game. It is true that Apoel are top of the group with 10 points, unbeaten in 5 games, while Shakthar is winless in 5 games, bottom of the group with just 2 points, but truth is Shakthar has by far a better squad of players, and I like to think the reason of their unfortunate run in Champions League is the inexperience of their young, but promising players. For example in Ukraine, they are demolishing everything, even kicked out Dynamo Kiev from the Cup, 3-2 win in Kiev. And with teams like Kharkov, Vorskla also making a good run in Europe this season it's really hard to believe Apoel is so much better than Shakthar that they deserve to be favorites here. So from my point of view, 3.30 odds for Shakthar away at Nicosia is a christmas present. Shakthar @3.30 Sportingbet

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December I for one really like the look of a Plzen - Milan draw, milan through already with no zlatan and also aquilani suspended. Plzen only need the draw to guarantee europa as far as i know so I can see milan defending as they do away from home, but if plzen nick one then i dont doubt milan will come out to get the equaliser before retreating again to cover their draw and pride. Draw @ 3.25 0-0 @ 9.00 1-1 @ 6.00 at Bet 365 Any of the above and you'll have my backing ;)

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December APOEL vs Shakhtior Many players out for APOEL and big ambition from Lucescu in this one. He will want to leave UEFA with something remarkable and that should be a win in the lats match. APOEL will be without: striker Pinto (12apps 1 goal) def Paulo Jorge (7apps) suspended. Injured: Aílton (8apps 1 goal) Ivan Trickovski (7apps 1 goal) and William Boaventura (5apps 1 goal). away +0.25 AH @ 1.85 with Canbet Chelsea vs Valencia Home side surprised many people with their win in Newcastle and I congratulated myself for not touching the match. They proves to be a strong side and strong pretender to win game. Valencia will come here needing a win and will be very hard for them to do so. I do expect goals as the teams have potential to do that. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 with >bet365 Barcelona vs BATE Guardiola announced that Nou Camp will see new players in the team so there might be less goals than the main team produced so far. Bate will be without important striker Rodionov and I expect them to play defensively. I think 2 or 3 goals will be what we shall see here. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.10 with >bet365 Plzen vs Milan Originally I wanted to chose a Milan DNB, but than I realized that will not be many goals here, but some there ill be. Milan is Milan and will want to not lose the match. To be sure of that they will must score. Plzen showed a class over BATE, but 4 under Barca. This time, they will play against a much weaker Milan with many absentees: Alberto Aquilani is suspended. Mark van Bommel missed the Genoa game with a swollen knee; Pato was a late withdrawal with flu. Christian Abbiati has a dislocated shoulder, Alessandro Nesta a pelvic injury, Philippe Mexès a broken hand and Mathieu Flamini knee ligament damage. Antonio Cassano is recovering from heart surgery and Gennaro Gattuso also injured. Expect a tight game and 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with >bet365 Genk vs Leverkusen away side must win to win the group. Maybe was a dream to win this group, but here they are, first in tables, one point ahead, with their fate in their own hands, in front of Chelsea and Valencia. Cannot lose the qualification now, but still needing a win for being first in tables. Genk is having just 2 points and is defeated even by Beerschot 0-2. expect them to be decent and not been defeated by many goals. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.0 with >bet365

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December Plzen - Milan 'Both to Score' @1.90 (Matched at Betfair): Milan misses a lot of players, but still has a more then decent team. Enough quality to score this match. Main problem for Milan is their goalie/defense. That isn't strong with Amelia / Sciglio, Bonera, Mexes and Taiwo. So Plzen can score too. 1-1 Suits both teams very well. It grants Plzen Europa League and Milan doesn't loose. Easy money I think.

APOEL vs Shakhtior Many players out for APOEL and big ambition from Lucescu in this one. He will want to leave UEFA with something remarkable and that should be a win in the lats match. APOEL will be without: striker Pinto (12apps 1 goal) def Paulo Jorge (7apps) suspended. Injured: Aílton (8apps 1 goal) Ivan Trickovski (7apps 1 goal) and William Boaventura (5apps 1 goal). away +0.25 AH @ 1.85 with Canbet Chelsea vs Valencia Home side surprised many people with their win in Newcastle and I congratulated myself for not touching the match. They proves to be a strong side and strong pretender to win game. Valencia will come here needing a win and will be very hard for them to do so. I do expect goals as the teams have potential to do that. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 with >bet365 Barcelona vs BATE Guardiola announced that Nou Camp will see new players in the team so there might be less goals than the main team produced so far. Bate will be without important striker Rodionov and I expect them to play defensively. I think 2 or 3 goals will be what we shall see here. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.10 with >bet365 Plzen vs Milan Originally I wanted to chose a Milan DNB, but than I realized that will not be many goals here, but some there ill be. Milan is Milan and will want to not lose the match. To be sure of that they will must score. Plzen showed a class over BATE, but 4 under Barca. This time, they will play against a much weaker Milan with many absentees: Alberto Aquilani is suspended. Mark van Bommel missed the Genoa game with a swollen knee; Pato was a late withdrawal with flu. Christian Abbiati has a dislocated shoulder, Alessandro Nesta a pelvic injury, Philippe Mexès a broken hand and Mathieu Flamini knee ligament damage. Antonio Cassano is recovering from heart surgery and Gennaro Gattuso also injured. Expect a tight game and 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with >bet365 Genk vs Leverkusen away side must win to win the group. Maybe was a dream to win this group, but here they are, first in tables, one point ahead, with their fate in their own hands, in front of Chelsea and Valencia. Cannot lose the qualification now, but still needing a win for being first in tables. Genk is having just 2 points and is defeated even by Beerschot 0-2. expect them to be decent and not been defeated by many goals. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.0 with >bet365
Great picks as always :clap

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December can anyone recommend a valu for monet accuulator for this evenings matches. wanna put a tenner on, looking for a return of around 60 quid, 5/6-1. any recommendations? As your probably aware im a newcomer to the forum, followed as a guest for a while however thought id join up. thanks people

can anyone recommend a valu for monet accuulator for this evenings matches. wanna put a tenner on' date=' looking for a return of around 60 quid, 5/6-1. any recommendations? As your probably aware im a newcomer to the forum, followed as a guest for a while however thought id join up. thanks people[/quote'] :welcome to PL... Have a look over the thread as there are a lot of tips that if you're desperate, could be thrown into an accumulator. Please remember these threads are for the discussion of reasoned picks and analysis, though ;)

Valencia needs a draw to progress ... It will be very hard for the host to open the score with this defensive minded opponent

I think you've got this slightly wrong. Chelsea qualify with a 0-0 draw, Valencia qualify with a score-draw (1-1 or higher). So the onus is on Valencia to attack, because they have to score and Chelsea don't.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December Olympiacos - Arsenal: Olympiacos @ 1.95 (Paddy Power) 10/10 This is a massive match for Olympiacos. With a win and a draw or loss from Marseille the Greek team advances to the next CL round. The hosts' attempt to win will be aided by Arsenal's relative indifference for the result given that they have already advanced as winners of the group. Olympiacos lost in London (2-1) but gave Arsenal a run for their money. In this encounter Wenger will probably play a second string squad which may find it more difficult to play in Piraeus' George Karaiskaki stadium which is always a difficult venue for visiting teams. The odds are acceptable for the risk, I believe.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December Just thinking about possible scenarios in the Chelsea v Valencia game tonight. Chelsea need a 0-0 draw or a win. Valencia need a score draw (1-1 or higher) or a win. So if Chelsea score first, Valencia need to score one goal to qualify (with a 1-1 draw). If Valencia score first though, Chelsea need to score twice, as a 1-1 draw is not enough. I am guessing that Valencia will do more of the early attacking. The longer the match goes without Valencia scoring, the more pressure will be on them, but on the other hand if Valencia score first, there will be a lot of pressure on Chelsea.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December Chelsea v Valencia - HOME WIN Chelsea to get the win they need to go through. 0-0 draw would also be enough but can't see them playing for a goaless draw at home, would be a very nervy ending. Plezn v AC Milan - DRAW/AWAY Milan to avoid defeat against Plezn. PLezn almost certainly secured the Europa league place (unless Bate win at Barcelona!!). Genk v Leverkusen - AWAY WIN Leverkusen to get the win to clinch the group. Massive incentive to avoid Barcelona and Real Madrid in the next round. Porto v Zenit - HOME WIN Porto to beat Zenit and go through. Zenit aren't good travellers and Porto will make the most of their home advantage to go through.

Just thinking about possible scenarios in the Chelsea v Valencia game tonight. Chelsea need a 0-0 draw or a win. Valencia need a score draw (1-1 or higher) or a win. So if Chelsea score first, Valencia need to score one goal to qualify (with a 1-1 draw). If Valencia score first though, Chelsea need to score twice, as a 1-1 draw is not enough. I am guessing that Valencia will do more of the early attacking. The longer the match goes without Valencia scoring, the more pressure will be on them, but on the other hand if Valencia score first, there will be a lot of pressure on Chelsea.
I think Chelsea will win finaly at home...Chelsea dont win at home Valencia... 28/09/11 UCL Valencia 1 - 1 Chelsea 11/12/07 UCL Chelsea 0 - 0 Valencia 03/10/07 UCL Valencia 1 - 2 Chelsea 10/04/07 UCL Valencia 1 - 2 Chelsea 04/04/07 UCL Chelsea 1 - 1 Valencia H2H on Chelsea....clear HW