** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December

Jase82

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December

For A.C. Milan I would play BOTH TO SCORE @ 1.70 (totosi) due to the fact that Milan's probable line up should be: MILAN: Amelia, De Sciglio, Bonera, Mexes, Taiwo, Ambrosini, Emanuelson, Nocerino, Seedorf, Robinho, Pato. According to my point of view this defense should represent ZER0 stability. Pato-Robinho should score one sooner or later... BARCA I would play OVER 2.5 GOALS...@ 1.48, they have a competitive young team...Although only Piquè is playing look at the probable line-ups: BARCELLONA: Pinto, Montoya, Fontas, Pique, Maxwell, Thiago Alcantara, Dos Santos, Sergi Roberto, Deulofeu, Pedro, Cuenca. All great promises/players... Cuenca is pretty impressive. I've seen him play last week...the rest are all good players starting from Montoya, which Luis Enrique wanted to bring to Rome, Dos Santos which is benched because of Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets,Sanchez etc... Chelsea is OVER 2.5 goals for me/ both to score @1.72/1.83 (totosi) Two teams that deperately want to go on...
MORE MONEY FOR EVERYONE....THIS WAS A GOOD MULTIPLE...WOULD'VE GOT MORE MONEY IF VALENCIA SCORED TOO...

Shakhtar @3.60 bet365 Shakhtar without single victory in group and have nothing to loose.Players will play for pride while APOEL already qualified and has no interest in this game.I see both teams playing open football it means Shakhtar's brazilians will have more space up front.Shakhtar finaly got good keeper-Rybka.Still some missing players in defence but if upfront will be on fire then i see nothing but away win.
2-0 Shakhtar won :cheers
It's true that Barca will be relaxed and even with B-Squad they will still beat BATE.I just not sure if they will apply pressure from firt minutes.BATE will try to resist at the begining so all in all Half time DRAW @3.10
a bit unlucky here :(
Had few risky bets with small stakes today but this is my double with medium stake: Shakhtar +0.5AH :) Valencia +1.5AH :( works out about @2.4 Alraedy said about Shakhtars motivation and apart from that APOEL is missing few important players. Chelsae and Valencia should be tight match as both fighting for the second place.Even if Chelsea win i don't think it will be by more then 2 goals.Valencia will play for a draw. After reading more info i'm going to add one more double and this is it for me: Shakhtar +0.5AH :) Milan +0.5AH :) double @2.20 both doubles with bet365
Well 1 double loose 1 win. Overall made profit tonight,plus extra profit from in-play. Another good night after yesterday :beer

Zenit Total Corners: Over 3.5 @ 1.61 2 Total Corners: Over 10.5 @ 1.70 10-2 Zenit Total Corners: Over 4.5 @ 2.40 2 First Yellow Card: Zenit @ 1.83 Yellow or Red Card: Criscito (Zenit) @ 3.50 Yellow or Red Card: Danny (Zenit) @ 3.75 Both to score? Yes @ 1.81 Total Shots on Goal: Over 10.5 @ 1.70 9-0 Yellow Card: min. 85 to end? Yes @ 1.85 Genk Total Corners: Over 3.5 @ 1.72 5 Total Corners: Over 9.5 @ 1.90 5-7
:wall Tomorrow another day.. learn from mistakes, simply pick up totals after checking the corners stats I keep, Total Under/Over. I'll be back

Olympiacos - Arsenal: Olympiacos @ 1.95 (Paddy Power) 10/10 This is a massive match for Olympiacos. With a win and a draw or loss from Marseille the Greek team advances to the next CL round. The hosts' attempt to win will be aided by Arsenal's relative indifference for the result given that they have already advanced as winners of the group. Olympiacos lost in London (2-1) but gave Arsenal a run for their money. In this encounter Wenger will probably play a second string squad which may find it more difficult to play in Piraeus' George Karaiskaki stadium which is always a difficult venue for visiting teams. The odds are acceptable for the risk, I believe.
Final Score: 3-1 :clap Happy the bet won, but I'm wondering what happened in Dortmund.....:unsure The German team was up 2-0 and then the French team scored 3 goals :eyes in the second half to win the match and gain qualification....Hmmm...

Bearing this in mind, I am tempted by the odds on Valencia corners. Valencia have won 30 corners in their 5 group games versus Chelsea's 21 - http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/matches/round=2000263/match=2007649/index.html and with Valencia needing a goal, it seems likely that they will do more of the early attacking, with Chelsea being more cautious and trying to keep possession. So Bet 365's odds of 2.62 on 'Race to 3 Corners: Valencia' looks good value. If Valencia don't score early on I think it is quite likely that they will get more corners in the match, making 3.4 for them to have 'Most Corners' good value. (If Valencia do score early on, then that would scupper these bets as Chelsea would probably start attacking Valencia). There are various other corner bets available like 'Most Corners First Half' and 'Number of Away Team First half corners'. It's important to remember that most of these are 3-way bets - e.g. if you bet on 'Most Corners: Valencia' and the corner count is 5 corners each, you lose :eyes
The 'Race to 3 Corners' bet won :ok The half-time corner count was 3-3 (Valencia got 3 first). Then, with Chelsea leading 2-0 at half-time, Valencia attacked early in the second half, and the final corner count was 3-8.

Gent v Bayer Leverkusen I think Genk are good value at 6.5 for this game. Leverkusen have qualified, and could win the group even if they lose this game. Genk are out. Genk drew at home to Chelsea and Valencia, and Leverkusen lost their first two away games. So I think Genk's odds should be a lot shorter than 6.5. Bet 365 offer two bets which I think are good value: Genk +1.5 1.675 (This would win even if Genk lose by 1 goal) Asian Handicap Corners Genk +1.5 2.0 Genk have won more corners than Leverkusen in the group games so far. I think they will probably get more corners tonight, so I think the handicap +1.5 is good value.
Result: Genk 1 Leverkusen 1 Corners: 5-7 Possible lesson: Perhaps should have taken the match handicap bet and left the corners bet - corners bets are normally more risky and less predictable. I saw the match and thought Leverkusen deserved to win the game, which they dominated. But Genk defended pretty well.

Impressive on the corners Kavka :ok
:cry sometimes I do silly bets that cost me, knowing I have my corners stats wich help me a lots - still want to try different ways of betting but no more.. looking on my notes, at first sight Ajax - Real Madrid possible team totals and total match here. Real Madrid with a mixed team.

please write here about Napoli and tomorrow's games! http://forum.punterslounge.com/f59/uefa-champions-league-wednesday-7th-december-123882/ for today... Chelsea v Valencia 2or3 goals @2,00 bet365 3/10 :clap Chelsea must go to win, while a draw with goals satisfies Spanish team. My opinion is that Valencia play quite well this season and it's possible to qualify on. Villas-Boas just can not find the right formula for success of his team, and guests have a great counter attack. I don't predict who will win this match, only expect a moderate number of goals. Olympiacos v Arsenal X @3,60 bet365 2/10 :( Piraeus need win, and on the other hand Gunners have already secured first place. So Wenger will perform a combined team with a lot of young players. Olympiakos have problems with injured players (from midfield) but will also have incredible support from the stands. Most likely outcome will be a draw for me. Borussia D v Marseille over2,5 @1,82 nordicbet 4/10 :clap Many have already said everything that was needed. Both teams will go for victory, and in case of early goal bet is certain. Apoel v Shakhtar X2 @1,67 nordicbet 4/10 :clap A very strange situation in this group where the Cypriots currently the first, and miners without any hope of qualifying. But home team is in trouble due to injuries of several important players, and guests come to play last game for money and pride.
+6,96 :cigar:cigar that young goalkeeper Manon wasn't wrong for Oly second goal, it could be a fantastic night, but this is fine also! :cheers

WHAT WOULD'VE HAPPENED IF YOU HAD JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH???
Could you please lose the caps lock and show some humility in future :ok You wont last five minutes on the forum with that sort of attitude ;)

OH MY GOD! Here are the rules about CL group stage : Tie-breaking criteria If two or more teams were equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria would be applied to determine the rankings:[3] higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question; superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question; higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question; higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question; If, after applying criteria 1) to 4) to several teams, two teams still have an equal ranking, the criteria 1) to 4) will be reapplied to determine the ranking of these teams; superior goal difference from all group matches played; higher number of goals scored from all group matches played; higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as its association, over the previous five seasons.
Reading the above I don't understand why Benfica are above Man United in their group? They have equal number of points, equal number of points in matches played between them, equal number of goals scored and goal difference in matches played between them. Man United scored two goals away, while Benfica have one, so surely the English team should be top??? Also, reading the above is my thinking right: Even if Ajax lose to Madrid, Lyon will have to overcome the goal difference (currently 7 to the advantage of Ajax) to qualify. Am I correct? EDIT: And I meant to post it in the Wednesday thread...

tonights games really do look like a minefield...esp win markets... arsenal - youngsters but a good mix of experience with vermaelen, arshavin, rosicky, chamak. Auxlain-chamberlain anytime scorer could be a good bet though. Can see him being the biggest threat to olympiacos. @4/1 or First to score for Arsenal @6/1 anyway: Bayer Leverkusen -1 goal @ 13/10 they will want to win to finish top and have no reason to sit back and defend. :@ Barcelona -2 @ 2/1 :nana- Youngsters will still do the usual damage of a full string team against BATE especially at home, -2 goals price looks a bit too high! Olympiacos to win @ 10/11 :clap Arsenal dont have any reason to play, youngsters will be trying to show their strenghts to get into first team but Olympiacos do have a reason to win and they have home advantage. singles and treble @ 13.17 GL :cigar
not a bad night :cigar

Why all not speak for Olympiakos - Arsenal , Arsenal comes in Athens with mix squads. Arsenal is in next round..In 2009/2010 I remember that Olympiakos must win for next round and they beat Arsenal in last match.. 6. Round Olympiakos Arsenal 1:0 (0:0, 1:0) 09.12.2009 I think Olympiakos is clear HW Pick: H Odds: 1.95 Stake: 8 Bookie: >Paddy Power
3-1 FT:cow + 7.6 units

Borussia Dortmund v Olympique Marseille B.Dortmund needs a win in high score to qualif to the next round and it can be not enouge for qualif to the next round.If Arsenal draw , Dortmund must win 5:0 or higher, if Arsenal win, they must win 4:0 or higher.In this situation i think Olympique Marseille is more then lucky as Dortmund> to win this game. Twitter : @Tahmin10
:clapWell done >Olympique Marseille

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 6th December Congratulations to tonight winners. I won some small accumulator bet which only covered money invested in my main bet which died when Genk lost the lead in 80th minute. Anyway, I am happy that I had courage to try out that one and I am delighted that I was that close.

I think Chelsea will win finaly at home...Chelsea dont win at home Valencia... 28/09/11 UCL Valencia 1 - 1 Chelsea 11/12/07 UCL Chelsea 0 - 0 Valencia 03/10/07 UCL Valencia 1 - 2 Chelsea 10/04/07 UCL Valencia 1 - 2 Chelsea 04/04/07 UCL Chelsea 1 - 1 Valencia H2H on Chelsea....clear HW
3-0 FT :cow

Reading the above I don't understand why Benfica are above Man United in their group? They have equal number of points' date=' equal number of points in matches played between them, equal number of goals scored and goal difference in matches played between them. Man United scored two goals away, while Benfica have one, so surely the English team should be top???[/quote'] It's down to "higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question" Man Utd scored one goal at Benfica. Benfica scored two at Man Utd. That's why Benfica are ahead.

MORE MONEY FOR EVERYONE....THIS WAS A GOOD MULTIPLE...WOULD'VE GOT MORE MONEY IF VALENCIA SCORED TOO...
Dear punter, I have now went through all your posts so far and conclusions are: 1. you are good punter and it is surely a good thing that the board has you, but 2. you are acting as a complete dick. If i could look past your colourful posts and huge fonts, your behaviour, especailly in this thread is retarded. Hope that you did not get banned for too long as if you get your act together, you can be of a good benefit to the board. PS: no need to post big fonts, many colours to get attention, results will speak for themselves. btw, sorry for OT.

Result: Genk 1 Leverkusen 1 Corners: 5-7 Possible lesson: Perhaps should have taken the match handicap bet and left the corners bet - corners bets are normally more risky and less predictable. I saw the match and thought Leverkusen deserved to win the game, which they dominated. But Genk defended pretty well.
Really good call with Genk, I had thought they seemed value on the handicap myself, but chickened out as I didn't know a great deal about either side and reports of an injury crisis scared me. If I seen you tipping them I probably would have put something on. I think Genk have been underestimated at home for the entire tournament, easy to say in hindsight of course but the Belgian league is not that bad, Chelsea were 1.2 for their game there, a crazy price.

Borussia Dortmund vs Marseille Over 2.5 @ 1.91 (Skybet) The reason I'm going for this bet is because of the precarious state of the group. It should be noted that Marseille are not by nature an attacking side, although Borussia Dortmund are. Marseille in their games against Arsenal were dull and defensive, and overall this season they are 10 vs 14 over/under. They also miss Gignac, from what I've read, who is one of their better attacking players I believe. However, both sides have to win this game, so we should see an open game with lots of goals. Marseille could go through with a point, but that would be relying on an under strength Arsenal with nothing to play for getting something at a decent Olympiakos side in front of a hostile home crowd. Olympiakos are odds on for that game so Marseille will know it would be foolish to rely on Arsenal. Dortmund need not only to win but to win by four goals (I think it is four), so they will attack from the start. There are a number of different permutations as to how this game will go but many scenarios involve one or both teams having to attack. At the start, naturally, Dortmund need to attack. If Dortmund score then both teams will have to go for it. If the score is level in the 2nd half but Olympiakos are winning then Marseille need to attack even if Dortmund have given up. There is even the scenario of Arsenal winning in Greece but Dortmund needing to win the game to get into the Europa League sport, even if they don't have enough time to score the four goals they need. And so on. Overall I see enough reason why there should be goals here, and in the circumstances the odds of 1.91 look decent.
Bearing all this in mind' date=' also Chelsea's dodgy defence, overs looks a good play I reckon. As many have said I can't imagine AVB playing for the 0-0. So both teams will be attacking from the start, and whoever goes behind needs desperately to attack, which should create more chances at both ends.[/quote'] Both bets won. The Chelsea game didn't go quite as expected, with their defence looking much stronger and more organised. That said, the fact that Valencia had to chase the game inevitably left spaces for Chelsea to exploit, so that part of my reasoning was correct, and a win's a win.