** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

[Darts] All-in on Phil Taylor?

Hi, I'm new here. I'm thinking of putting a large sum of money on Phil to win the next tournament at even odds (it dropped down from 2.25 after his last win). I'm new to the dart "industry", but so far, every single time I bet on the guy with lower odds, he won. My father said this is a risky bet, because Phil can catch a cold, or fall and hit his arm, etc., but that didn't convince me. What do you guys think? I see it as a 90% sure bet.

Re: [Darts] All-in on Phil Taylor? If you think he is a 90% chance and you can get Evens for him, then that's the kind of thing you're looking for. However, being new to darts, you shouldn't be jumping in with a "large sum of money" straight away, and don't bet what you can't afford to lose - however good Taylor looked last week there's no such thing as a certianty.

Re: [Darts] All-in on Phil Taylor? You need good money management. Only bet "a large sum of money" if you have an even larger sum of money. Imo your maximum bet shouldnt be more than 5% of your total bankroll. Theres no such thing as a "sure bet" and the bookies usually get it right. But if you think Taylor has a more than 50% chance of winning (EVS) then theres value in the bet for you.

• 2 weeks later...