** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 FGR @ 11/10...dnb....willy hilly...stakes...2/10....I'd be interested to hear what you experts think of this one with York missing their top man Walker(15 goals) and their midfield general Boucaud.Will Ashikodi make up for this or do the home team have a chance to at least get a point??

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26

Be careful with Grimsby....This info is on all sites and forums....and odds drops two days before the starts....in 90% when odds drops few days before the start bet not win...carefuly mates ..This is NO BET FOR ME
Thanks for the advice and caution is always a wise policy, but we have a solid track record on the non-league threads of getting our teeth into struggling sides (there's usually a couple a season at this level) and turning it into profit. Of course, it doesn't always work (Barrow at Histon on the opening day of the last season still hurts), but by any risk:return ratio I think it's rather hard to argue against the excellent prices pointed out on here over the past 24 hours, since Oscillatewildly first raised the exodus issue. And, to be fair, we've been on Kettering's case all season - indeed, there was a discussion last week as to why you shouldn't oppose Kettering at Tamworth because the players hadn't left. The key point now is whether the price has dropped too far to be of value. I have to say I'm certainly not interested in 4/6 about Grimsby.

Thanks for the advice and caution is always a wise policy' date=' but we have a solid track record on the non-league threads of getting our teeth into struggling sides (there's usually a couple a season at this level) and turning it into profit. Of course, it doesn't always work (Barrow at Histon on the opening day of the last season still hurts), but by any risk:return ratio I think it's rather hard to argue against the excellent prices pointed out on here over the past 24 hours, since Oscillatewildly first raised the exodus issue. And, to be fair, we've been on Kettering's case all season - indeed, there was a discussion last week as to why you shouldn't oppose Kettering at Tamworth because the players hadn't left. The key point now is whether the price has dropped too far to be of value. I have to say I'm certainly not interested in 4/6 about Grimsby.[/quote'] I disagree, Ships. When Simpson says he is having to turn to the youth players in order to put out a team on the BBC site things are worse than Histon...more akin to Weymouth v Rushden

I disagree' date=' Ships. When Simpson says he is having to turn to the youth players in order to put out a team on the BBC site things are worse than Histon...more akin to Weymouth v Rushden
Fair enough. What's in my mind is the prices I'm on at compared to where it is now: I should have said that I don't feel the need to have any more at 4/6.

Be careful with Grimsby....This info is on all sites and forums....and odds drops two days before the starts....in 90% when odds drops few days before the start bet not win...carefuly mates ..This is NO BET FOR ME
You have a point, but it depends what price you have taken Grimsby at to whether it is worth backing them. If you managed to get them @ 2.3-2.5 yesturday like me and many others on here did then i think its a risk worth taking, but certainly not at 1.5 or whatever the current price is.

I not found odds 2.6 from yestarday...If you have some evidence please write here...I want to stop to talk after that....GL mate :hope
I got on first at the 6/4 at Corals, and you can check the one-day betting history line at Odds-comparison to see if it was available. I think it's hard to make a case that, given the evidence available yesterday morning, that 8/5 was a good bet and 6/4 wasn't, though I'm not sure that is the case you're making. To go back to your original note, if you think that opposing Grimsby is the right policy I think there will be a number of bookies willing to accommodate you.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Robbed from the Poppynet forum from a regular poster who has close links with Academy set-up at Kettering. Again, it's a posting on a fans' forum so should be treated with caution: "Some of the bad news doesnt just stop at the transfer embargo and i hate to say it but i believe that quite of few of the better academy players are not available, injured or are ineligable for the game due to different reasons, one being that some have had signing on issues. So i think tomorrow, you are not even going to have the very best youth players playing (probably all be 16years old). Without covering too much old ground, i do think this is crazy and all these lads should have been signed on and training with the first team back in day one. This was something that was pushed massively by me and others. That said, it never happened and no point going over it again. The lads that may play tomorrow from the academy will be off the pace and will be out of their depth and i have never said that they wouldnt be...unless they had been in training regualr with first team and being prepared for this day that many felt may come." To put that in context, the academy boys may only be bench-filling, but that depends on the number of remaining contacted players (who haven't been training and who haven't been fully paid) Stimson can persuade to start.

There's still no official word on whether there is an embargo or not and what the consequences might be' date=' but the loan signings who came in yesterday, which appeared in the news section of the official Kettering website, are no longer there. It could be just an error after a busy day for the webmaster (the team section hasn't been updated at all) or it might hint that the deals are off. The MK Dons site says Collins is joining Kettering. All very confusing... If there is an embargo, all I can assume it went in yesterday before the deals were registered. I'm guessing Mark Stimson won't know what he has to work with until tomorrow morning.[/quote'] That makes sense. I thought Addpea was talking about loans they already had but that wasn't the case so I apologise for confusing everyone :$. Nene Park is becoming a bit of a curse for clubs isn't it. That's two clubs who've played there who have gone to the wall in the space of 6 months. I bet a 3rd club won't be queueing up to place there, as nice a ground as it is :lol.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Been following this one very closely and as Ships says we've seen a few of these in the past, so most of us are sceptical when we first hear a new one.I have only backed on or against the poppies once this season and that was when I picked Kiddy and they won 1-0 after the penalty affair.What I do most of the time is to see if the price fits the scenario. I backed Grimsby yesterday at 1.7 draw not bet and a smaller amount on the mariners at 2.8 with the -1AH.Now I think those prices were good value given all that's unfolded in the last 24 hours. Now the question remains is 8/13 any value for the away team.The answer is I don't know!It all depends on how many first teamers(that are left) can be persuaded to tog out and their attitude and motivation(hard things to gauge).Now if it's a youth team,as in the Rushden/Weymouth scenario then 8/13 would hold some value. So the trick is to get the team news before the bookie does or else take a gamble.I'm happy enough with my prices so far but if I hear it's going to be a lot of youths and 8/13 is still around then I'll be back for more.Of course there should always be caution but there are a lot of factors here in favour of Grimsby. Finally I'd urge you to spare a thought amid this betting frenzy for the genuine fans of Kettering.Yeah, we're all out to make money but it's always sad to see true football fans suffering at the hands of the people at the top of their clubs.I hope their situation improves and they get to shout for a team in the blue sq premier next year....

That makes sense. I thought Addpea was talking about loans they already had but that wasn't the case so I apologise for confusing everyone :$. Nene Park is becoming a bit of a curse for clubs isn't it. That's two clubs who've played there who have gone to the wall in the space of 6 months. I bet a 3rd club won't be queueing up to place there, as nice a ground as it is :lol.
The only loan player who they had already who might have had to leave was the keeper as like I say I was told Chelsea might have an issue with them. Not heard anything else on that one though. As for the 6/4 that price was on the coupon in Jennings bookmakers when I went in last night to see if the shops were asleep on this one sadly they werent. I dont think we will know for sure who will be playing for Kettering tomorrow but at least we have solid facts to prove they arent going to have a strong team. My feeling though is that they will probably be able to field a stronger team than Weymouth did though. The weather concerns slightly tomorrow as it is set to be rather windy especially the further north up the country you go.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Braintree v Wrexham Braintree got off to a superb start in their first season in the Blue Square Premier and it looked like they would be a hard team to beat, especially at home. Things have changed though in recent weeks and they are really struggling. They have conceded 30 times in their last nine matches and have only picked up five points in their last eight league games. They now host league leaders Wrexham who haven’t lost in eight league games now and have conceded just one goal in that time, keeping a club record equalling six league clean sheets in a row. Wrexham have only lost once on their travels and it’s pretty hard to see their brilliant run of form ending in Essex on Saturday and they look very backable at Coral’s and Stan James’ 6/5. Gateshead v Fleetwood This game is a little like the one above in that the home side aren’t doing as well as they were earlier in the season. Gateshead really should have been capable of beating Alfreton last week but in the end they were pretty lucky to get a 1-1 draw as they were second best for much of the game. They have only beaten AFC Telford in their last five and they just aren’t performing like they were. Since Fleetwood were beaten 4-1 by Newport they have won all five of their Blue Square Premier games and of course were impressive in beating Wycombe in the FA Cup in that time as well. Fleetwood have picked up more points on the road than any other team in the Blue Square Premier this season and Coral’s 5/4 about them banking another three points looks value.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 It's worth noting that Grimsby's matchwinner v Port Vale, Serge Makofo, is out injured, as is Darran Kempson again (he missed the Cup replay). Kempson's replacement Shaun Pearson also picked up a knock against Vale and is very doubtful. They may introduce a couple of new loanees - McCarthy from Bury and Antwi from Luton. The highest profile departures from Kettering are Moses Ashikodi and J-P Marna, both highly talented individuals but whose impact on the dressing room and team morale has been questionable. It's entirely possibly that Mark Stimson can put out a solid enough team, and any players that Stimson sends out will always be well motivated once they get on the pitch. Presumably they are all in the shop window, if what crazy chairman Imran Ladak states is correct. It's only 7 days ago that they were 2-1 ahead against Tamworth at HT when the problems over wages and the stinging criticisms of the chairman were already well aired. Grimsby have hardly been the most enterprising side this season, particularly away from home. Some people might even start to think there's a bit of value on Kettering at 5/1. Personally I think the price on Grimsby has been chased down too far. No result would surprise me.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 I dont think Moses or JP are the two big departures I think Adam Cunnington and Marcus Kelly are, I saw someone say they wouldnt be surprised if Kelly won player of the season. Whatever they have lost there five best players and havent been able to bring anyone in to replace them that would have a big blow on any team let alone Kettering. I think the team will be a mix of pros and young players maybe about half and half. The fact they havent been training though is massive as however good a manger Stimson is (I rate him) to get a team of players together who havent even trained with each other is a huge ask. I think if Kettering get anything tomorrow then Stimson deserves the manager of the month award purely based on that game alone. As I wrote yesterday I am concerned about Grimsby's away record and they arent the most reliable team in the division which is why I wasnt going to back them without some hard evidence of what is going on at Kettering. To me everything on paper points towards a Grimsby win. If you think Kettering are value at 5/1 then you know what to do.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Labrador has a point and this always happens when the boat gets full when everyone jumps on it and it could sink.Against Tamworth though Marna and Ashikodi scored and they're gone.It's hard to see where the Kettering goals will come from tomorrow.If Sangare,Bridges and McKenzie turn up(which isn't all that probable by all accounts) then they might have a chance of scoring but Grimsby have kept two clean sheets against Port Vale. It'll be interesting to see what happens and it all adds to the intrigue.I've Got my money on Grimsby for better or worse but I think that goals win games and the mariners with Hearn(8), Elding(7) and Coulson(3) have a better chance of scoring and thus winning.They even had the luxury in the FA replay of having Duffy,Silk and Spencer(3 experienced players at this level), on the bench....

I dont think Moses or JP are the two big departures I think Adam Cunnington and Marcus Kelly are, I saw someone say they wouldnt be surprised if Kelly won player of the season. Whatever they have lost there five best players and havent been able to bring anyone in to replace them that would have a big blow on any team let alone Kettering. I think the team will be a mix of pros and young players maybe about half and half. The fact they havent been training though is massive as however good a manger Stimson is (I rate him) to get a team of players together who havent even trained with each other is a huge ask. I think if Kettering get anything tomorrow then Stimson deserves the manager of the month award purely based on that game alone. As I wrote yesterday I am concerned about Grimsby's away record and they arent the most reliable team in the division which is why I wasnt going to back them without some hard evidence of what is going on at Kettering. To me everything on paper points towards a Grimsby win. If you think Kettering are value at 5/1 then you know what to do.
Just my contrarian thoughts - I'm not touching this game with a bargepole. (Got on Uxbridge early - see you missed the 3/1;), but glad to read your views with which I agree).

Just my contrarian thoughts - I'm not touching this game with a bargepole. (Got on Uxbridge early - see you missed the 3/1;), but glad to read your views with which I agree).
I saw the 3/1 but didnt think there would be much of a rush on that one to be honest so waited until I wrote my stuff which is when I usually put all my bets on and it had gone into 11/4 by then. Someone who saw Uxbridge last week disagrees with us.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Says a lot when the manger is left in the dark http://www.northantset.co.uk/sport/football/kettering-town/poppies_transfer_embargo_confirmed_1_3284724 I am pretty surprised he is still there to be honest and it wouldnt surprise me if he left them soon as he is better than all this crap he is having to put up with.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Just had a look on Betfair and over £60k has been matched on the game. I looked at a couple of games in the Championship to compare and they were just over £10k. Seems like this game will be the highest traded game outside the Premier League this weekend.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Alan Alger has just been on TV and said that Chelsea may not let the keeper play tomorrow because of a dispute they have with Kettering. I guess we wont know for certain if he plays or not until the team news comes in.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 kettering v grimsby : 5 players have left the poppies , there is an embargo preventing stimson from fielding his recent loan signings , walker is suspended , the best of the youth players played with neighbours rothwell town last saturday ( lost 5 - 0 ) . while 1.57 on betfair looks short i cannot see kettering win this . however the more profitable approach is over 2.5 goals currently trading at 1.71 on betfair , ketterings 11 home games this season have seen 39 goals scored !