** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26

Saturday 26 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AFC Telford United v Barrow (15:00 GMT) 11/8 12/5 21/10 104.11 %
maximize.gif Alfreton Town v Hayes & Yeading (15:00 GMT) 11/8 12/5 21/10 103.57 %
maximize.gif Bath City v Mansfield Town (15:00 GMT) 11/4 5/2 11/10 102.86 %
maximize.gif Braintree Town v Wrexham (15:00 GMT) 5/2 12/5 5/4 102.43 %
maximize.gif Darlington v Tamworth (15:00 GMT) 6/5 12/5 5/2 103.44 %
maximize.gif Forest Green Rovers v York City (15:00 GMT) 2 12/5 7/5 103.97 %
maximize.gif Gateshead v Fleetwood Town (15:00 GMT) 11/5 12/5 5/4 105.11 %
maximize.gif Kettering Town v Grimsby Town (15:00 GMT) 7/4 12/5 8/5 104.24 %
maximize.gif Kidderminster Harriers v Cambridge United (15:00 GMT) 13/10 12/5 2 105.89 %
maximize.gif Lincoln City v Ebbsfleet United (15:00 GMT) 7/5 12/5 21/10 103.10 %
maximize.gif Newport County v Luton Town (15:00 GMT) 14/5 12/5 1/1 105.23 %
maximize.gif Stockport County v Southport (15:00 GMT) 2 5/2 11/8 103.92 %

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Braintree - Wrexham AH-0.25 1.92 Pinnacle 4/10 Looks like a nobrainer. But Braintree is conceding too many goals and usually loses vs. strong teams. Last match was 1-5 vs. Forest Green. Wrexham are great away from home and lost only once vs. Barrow. Recently they managed good results vs. strong opposition and generally have a srtong defense (only 14 goals against). Maybe they might be a little tired after these matches (including a FA cup replay), but I think a draw is the maximum result Braintree can hope for.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Agree with the above and will add: Gateshead - Fleetwood - 2 DNB - 1.60 @ William Hill Fleetwood is definitely the in-form team with 5 consecutive league wins and another one in FA Cup against opposition from League One. Their away record is also outstanding 8-0-2. In fact, I expect Fleetwood to overcome Wrexham at some stage and win the league with a few games left. Gateshead had a very good beginning to the season but anyone who knows this league expected that it wouldn't last and lately their form have been very random. I doubt they will have what it takes to stop Fleetwood and 2.2 on outright win, however my cautious betting philosophy tells me to take the away side on DNB.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Kettering v Grimsby - GRIMSBY WIN @ 2.6

Kettering boss Mark Stimson has said he will be under "extreme pressure" to field a side on Saturday, should a planned player exodus take place. Poppies chairman Imraan Ladak believes as many as 10 players could leave Nene Park by Thursday's loan deadline. That would leave Stimson short of options for Saturday's Blue Square Bet Premier visit of Grimsby. "If 10 go, it does put us under extreme pressure to fill the side on Saturday," Stimson told BBC Radio Northampton. "We've got some youth players registered and some boys who've been coming from up and down the country. But we'll have to have a discussion with them." Imraan Ladak Kettering Town chairman Strikers Moses Ashikodi and Adam Cunnington have already left the club after Ladak placed every member of the squad on the transfer list. And with the team having failed to receive their most recent wages in full, Stimson said numbers have been low in training, as players cannot afford to travel. "There were four there on Tuesday," he said. "It's down to not being able to get in for financial reasons or knocks. Obviously, as a manager you try to plan and it doesn't help with such low numbers." Ladak had already highlighted his frustration with the current squad. On Wednesday he told the Kettering Evening Telegraph: "It has now got to the point where I am not willing to supplement the players' wages for what they give us. "Four or five should be going in the next 24 hours and another four or five will be in the 24 hours after that. "They have decided to fight with each other and lunge in and try to injure other players. They have decided not to train hard enough, not eat the right foods and go out at night. It's their fault and I am not willing to pay their money and the football club can't." The Poppies chief added the club's finances are in a "serious situation" and he will consider offers to sell up. "There have been bits of interest in the club from external parties," he said. "We are happy to discuss anything with anyone in the best interests of the club. "We have never officially said the club is up for sale. We have just said that if there is a party that can come in and do more then we would talk to them. "There is sponsorship money that I know is owed. If enough players go and we get the money then we will be OK. "The club is not finished or anything like that. But it is in a serious situation." Meanwhile, the Poppies have added former loanee MK Dons striker Charlie Collins on a one-month deal.
Sorry for quoting like that, but to read that and still be able to get 2.6 on Grimsby is a must-bet for me. I've been negative reading stories about Kettering for a few weeks and this has been reflected in their poor form. Grimsby have a poor away record but should be able to take advantage of the situation; they are also unbeaten in 5, having just won a massive match against Port Vale in the FA Cup. They have also won the last 3 meetings with Kettering.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26

Kettering v Grimsby - GRIMSBY WIN @ 2.6 Sorry for quoting like that, but to read that and still be able to get 2.6 on Grimsby is a must-bet for me. I've been negative reading stories about Kettering for a few weeks and this has been reflected in their poor form. Grimsby have a poor away record but should be able to take advantage of the situation; they are also unbeaten in 5, having just won a massive match against Port Vale in the FA Cup. They have also won the last 3 meetings with Kettering.
I have followed with this one. All i will say is dont expect it to be a simple win for Grimsby, they always seem to make things harder for themselves than needs be! Serge Makofo seems to be in good goalscoring form at the minute so lets hope he continues this. I have taken the current 13/10 on offer at Bet365.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Good spot, Oscillate. It certainly looks like a major exodus has started, with their three first-choice strikers gone in a week, and the better parts of the rest of the squad in talks elsewhere. They've made a couple of loan signings from Peterborough, both kids, including a 16-year-old right back who scored against Kettering in a friendly this week. It will be a depleted and demotivated team that they put out, but it's perhaps unlikely - as things stand - to be packed with raw kids. Even so, and even against a Grimsby side that you wouldn't trust, anything above Evs on the visitors looks the play.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 When I was sorting out my short list for the weekend I did stick Grimsby on it mainly because I wondered how many players would be left at Kettering. Grimsby are hardly the most trust worthy side in the league and one away win all season is a concern. However it does seem like they could be facing a very young and hastily put together Kettering side on Saturday and you would have to be worried for Grimsby if they couldnt take advantage. They are still 13/10 with Coral and also 100/30 with Paddy Power on the handicap.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Good spot lads. Taken 5/4 with Betfred. Grimsby not all that on the road but form has picked up and the FA Cup win should give them the confidence to rock out a win here. I do like and agree with this comment from the Chairmain: "They have decided to fight with each other and lunge in and try to injure other players. They have decided not to train hard enough, not eat the right foods and go out at night. It's their fault and I am not willing to pay their money and the football club can't."

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Charlie Collins has come in at Kettering on emergency loan from MK Dons - a striker who played for Kettering last season on loan. I don't think he's very close to the MK Dons first team, though he does have a squad number. According to a post on the Poppynet fans forum some of the academy boys have been put on notice to join the squad this weekend. All the signs are that this will be a very light first XI.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 What about Southport AW at stockport county? It looks like a decent bet concidering their great run at the moment especially their away stats won the last 5 games outside their home. While Stockport is really struggling at the moment at the rock bottom of the league. Collecting only 1 point in there last 5 home games that's not convincing at all tbh. Are there any special missings or info about this one? Otherwise around evs looks value to me.

Am i also right in saying Kettering goalkeeper Laurie Walker will be suspended after his sending off against Tamworth last week? which is another player they'll be missing.....
Yes, Walker is out. They've a reasonably capable replacement in Aldi Haxia. The latest from a poster on Poppynet, which has been very reliable when I've checked this afternoon, is that the club is now facing a transfer embargo for a non-payment to Crawley and that today's loanees "will probably have to go back". I have to underline that this isn't confirmed, though.

Yes, Walker is out. They've a reasonably capable replacement in Aldi Haxia. The latest from a poster on Poppynet, which has been very reliable when I've checked this afternoon, is that the club is now facing a transfer embargo for a non-payment to Crawley and that today's loanees "will probably have to go back". I have to underline that this isn't confirmed, though.
That is massive news if that is true.

What about Southport AW at stockport county? It looks like a decent bet concidering their great run at the moment especially their away stats won the last 5 games outside their home. While Stockport is really struggling at the moment at the rock bottom of the league. Collecting only 1 point in there last 5 home games that's not convincing at all tbh. Are there any special missings or info about this one? Otherwise around evs looks value to me.
Id avoid to be honest. I think Southport have been fortunate of late and performances arent as strong as they were. My feeling is they will hit a sticky patch sooner rather than later. I didnt see Stockports game at Fleetwood but it sounds like an improved performance under the new boss. Im not betting in the game myself but I wouldnt say Southport at evens was value

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Blue Square have taken their market down on the Kettering game and Ive tweeted Alan Alger to try and find out why. He told me sometimes they take markets like this down over night and thats what theyve done here.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 At the moment I am more than happy to take odds against on Wrexham away at Braintree, who have been shipping goals a plenty recently. Whilst we are not prolific scorers we score enough and, more importantly, don't concede that many (clean sheets for the last six league games). After a cracking start Braintree are starting to find out that this isn't an easy league and I expect another painful experience for them at the weekend. However I do not necessarily think they will be tonked as, looking at his comments in the weekend's NLP, I am sure Devonshire will have tried to tighten things up this week. As such I am not going to be greedy and will take the generally available 2.20 on the away team.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 Is that a new rule? In the past it's generally been that the loan contract can be seen out even in an embargo but when it comes to extending it that's not allowed under a transfer embargo. Unless of course your club is called Plymouth Argyle ;).

Is that a new rule? In the past it's generally been that the loan contract can be seen out even in an embargo but when it comes to extending it that's not allowed under a transfer embargo. Unless of course your club is called Plymouth Argyle ;).
I think Chelsea have got an issue with Kettering as well as Crawley which might mean he goes back there.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Nov 26 The way this thread is going we'll wake up tommorow and find Kettering has been liquidated. Despite no longer being in existence they'll still probably manage to beat Grimsby 1-0 and then we'll have godofhorses on here demanding why you guys didn't predict the correct score.

The way this thread is going we'll wake up tommorow and find Kettering has been liquidated. Despite no longer being in existence they'll still probably manage to beat Grimsby 1-0 and then we'll have godofhorses on here demanding why you guys didn't predict the correct score.
I was thinking of him earlier and wondering if he likes the info on here this week.

Is that a new rule? In the past it's generally been that the loan contract can be seen out even in an embargo but when it comes to extending it that's not allowed under a transfer embargo. Unless of course your club is called Plymouth Argyle ;).
There's still no official word on whether there is an embargo or not and what the consequences might be, but the loan signings who came in yesterday, which appeared in the news section of the official Kettering website, are no longer there. It could be just an error after a busy day for the webmaster (the team section hasn't been updated at all) or it might hint that the deals are off. The MK Dons site says Collins is joining Kettering. All very confusing... If there is an embargo, all I can assume it went in yesterday before the deals were registered. I'm guessing Mark Stimson won't know what he has to work with until tomorrow morning.

True, Kev. As the FA you can take "a bit of a risk" with them but, say, fans wanting to own the club they support is something that should be checked in triplicate and then rechecked. :@