** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Championship Nov 26

aliando

Saturday 26 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Blackpool v Birmingham City (15:00 GMT) 2.37 3.45 3.35 100.94 %
maximize.gif Brighton & Hove Albion v Coventry City (15:00 GMT) 1.75 3.75 5.6 101.67 %
maximize.gif Bristol City v Southampton (15:00 GMT) 4.8 3.85 1.85 100.86 %
maximize.gif Cardiff City v Nottingham Forest (15:00 GMT) 1.95 3.55 4.6 101.19 %
maximize.gif Crystal Palace v Millwall (15:00 GMT) 2.46 3.4 3.4 99.47 %
maximize.gif Doncaster Rovers v Watford (15:00 GMT) 2.56 3.35 3.15 100.66 %
maximize.gif Hull City v Burnley (15:00 GMT) 1.92 3.6 4.7 101.14 %
maximize.gif Ipswich Town v Reading (15:00 GMT) 2.79 3.4 2.75 101.62 %
maximize.gif Leeds United v Barnsley (15:00 GMT) 1.72 3.9 5.8 100.78 %
maximize.gif Peterborough United v Middlesbrough (15:00 GMT) 2.6 3.55 2.78 102.60 %
maximize.gif Portsmouth v Leicester City (15:00 GMT) 2.94 3.4 2.58 102.19 %
maximize.gif West Ham v Derby County (17:20 GMT) 1.46 4.6 9.07 101.26 %

Re: England: Championship Nov 26 Brighton & HA vs Coventry C, both teams to score at 10/11 StanJames and VictorChandler. (Brighton have been riding their luck at the back at home, don't cope with big physical players well, and won't have Taricco's experience there against an increasingly competitive Cov, though should create enough chances of their own to score.)

Re: England: Championship Nov 26

Championship ,i like it!
I like the Championship, too. Unfortunately I can´t find a good bet in this league for the weekend. Values are hard to find, lines seem to be too correct or odds have dropped away from value (Bristol City). Right now I´m thinking at least about Cardiff (2.0), fair price for a strong home team in good shape. But Nottingham recently weren´t too bad either (except their loss at Portsmouth, which might have been too high).

Re: England: Championship Nov 26 The Championship is terrible this week and speaking of terrible let's have a look at a game that sums it all up: Crystal Palace V Millwall The south London derby at Selhurst is the game that many Palace fans hate the most because no matter how bad Millwall are they usually manage to get a result from this fixture. I read a stat earlier that said Palace have not taken 3pts from a Millwall game since 2002! It's a game where we will have to largely ignore the fact that Millwall are hopeless away from home and the gulf in quality will also probably mean little here. We come into this game with both sides having lost 2 on the bounce in the league and both will be desperate to take something here. I don't think there is any chance of Palace losing this but a win will be a big ask especially when you consider our ability to score goals has dried up completely. So what do you go for? Palace @ 7/5 (William Hill) or Draw @ 5/2 (Ladbrokes). I personally rate the chances of either outcome being the same so you would think draw would be best value but to be honest 1X2 should just be left alone here. Not much to report on the team news front, Jon Williams will be out for sometime for Palace. Loan signings Nathan Barker and Shane Lowry may make an appearence for Millwall, Josh McQuoid faces a late test while keeper Forde is still out. Palace have Norwich striker Chris Martin on-loan, he came off the bench V Leicester and nearly scored, perhaps he will go one better tommorow and make a name for himself. Probable Palace lineup: Speroni, Clyne, McCarthy, Gardner, Moxey, Zaha, Wright, Jedinak, Ambrose, Scannell, Murray If I had to bet on this game: Under 2.5 @ 3/4 (Betfair) Feeling saucy: Chris Martin anytime goalscorer @ 2/1 (Bet365) Over 3.5 seats to be torn out the away end @ 11/10 (Unknown)

Re: England: Championship Nov 26 There's quite a few a fancy in the championship this weekend:unsure Bristol City v Southampton: Goal Line (Over 2.5) @ 1.9 Bet365 There is a lot in favour for this bet going over. Bristol are starting to hit a bit of form under Mcinnes and have scored 5 goals in their last 2 games. Being at home, you would fancy them to get on the score sheet with Nicky Maynard looking in good form. Southampton meanwhile have scored in every championship game so far this season. So for me there is a good chance of both teams scoring which puts this bet in with a great chance. Bristol City +0.5 (AH) @ 1.95 Bet365 Bristol city +0 (AH) @ 3.00 Bet365 New manager McInnes seems to be turning Bristol around and they are now unbeaten in the last 4 matches. They put in a good performance away at Milwall in their last match with Maynard scoring twice. Maynard is potentially the best striker in this division and if he's in form, City should have a chance against anyone in this league, especially at home. Southampton are flying at the top of the table and I certainly couldn't back against them at home. But away, whilst still tough to beat, they are not quite as formidable. They beat struggling Coventry 4-2 in their last away match but they had drawn their previous 2 away games. Saints are rightly favourites for this game but i think their price is too low. Bristol are down near the bottom but they are now looking a different side under McInnes and I think they might be being underestimated slightly here. With the handicaps on our side, I fancy Bristol to at least hold the table toppers in this match.

There's quite a few a fancy in the championship this weekend:unsure Bristol City v Southampton: Goal Line (Over 2.5) @ 1.9 Bet365 There is a lot in favour for this bet going over. Bristol are starting to hit a bit of form under Mcinnes and have scored 5 goals in their last 2 games. Being at home, you would fancy them to get on the score sheet with Nicky Maynard looking in good form. Southampton meanwhile have scored in every championship game so far this season. So for me there is a good chance of both teams scoring which puts this bet in with a great chance. Bristol City +0.5 (AH) @ 1.95 Bet365 Bristol city +0 (AH) @ 3.00 Bet365 New manager McInnes seems to be turning Bristol around and they are now unbeaten in the last 4 matches. They put in a good performance away at Milwall in their last match with Maynard scoring twice. Maynard is potentially the best striker in this division and if he's in form, City should have a chance against anyone in this league, especially at home. Southampton are flying at the top of the table and I certainly couldn't back against them at home. But away, whilst still tough to beat, they are not quite as formidable. They beat struggling Coventry 4-2 in their last away match but they had drawn their previous 2 away games. Saints are rightly favourites for this game but i think their price is too low. Bristol are down near the bottom but they are now looking a different side under McInnes and I think they might be being underestimated slightly here. With the handicaps on our side, I fancy Bristol to at least hold the table toppers in this match.
Just to clarify Wisey I meant 1X2 market only. I had Bristol City +0.75 @ 17/20 earlier in the week on my shortlist and I think Bristol City +0.50 around EVS is fair value but I will probably stay away simply because Southampton are a nightmare to deal with. I agree with you that City are priced too long here so fair play for backing them on the +, it's about time someone made some money from opposing the saints this season!

Just to clarify Wisey I meant 1X2 market only. I had Bristol City +0.75 @ 17/20 earlier in the week on my shortlist and I think Bristol City +0.50 around EVS is fair value but I will probably stay away simply because Southampton are a nightmare to deal with. I agree with you that City are priced too long here so fair play for backing them on the +' date=' it's about time someone made some money from opposing the saints this season![/quote'] Yeah, my daft face wasn't aimed at you mate! More the fact that the championship is a nightmare and I'm a bit worried that there's a few I like. There's a couple more I fancy and I will write them up shortly. But my record in the championship isn't great hence the :unsure

Championship ,i like it! g.gif
Was gonna post same thing, this league is so damn tricky and volatile. I of course am biased being a Leeds fan, but I love this league, I'd rather see these teams play then squads like Blackburn, Wigan, Sunderland, and some of the other boring squads in the EPL. But here's what I am going with Leeds (-153) Superbook.com Risking 1.53 to win 1 Swallowing some chalk with Leeds here. Leeds has figured out a way to defend over the last 10 games(allowing 9 goals in 10 games, 6 goals in last 9, and 8 of the 9 goals coming in two games), and it has resulted in some surprising 1-0 results. Once we got rid of Rachubka, things tightened up in the back, which has been covering up for a struggling attack/ Leeds will lineup with McCarthy in net again, most likely Connolly, Lees, Kisnorbo, White, Pugh, Snodgrass, Howson, Clayton, Keogh and McCormack. Leeds has been a pretty consistent home squad despite a couple of setbacks recently. I have to back Leeds for a home win, they are going to control the possession through a strong midfield and feed the pace on the wings and I think Leeds pressure plus the solid defensive performances as of late. Really can't see Leeds dropping this one. I laid off the last couple games after getting burned in the Blackpool game, Leeds got lucky on the road against Burnley, but back to back road wins and the team's confidence has to be at an all time high right now, being back in the top 6. Barnsley also dropped their last 3 road league games. Good Luck!

Re: England: Championship Nov 26 Hull v Burnley Goal line; Over 2.25 @ 1.85 Bet365 I was expecting a straight 2.5 line here so I'm happy to get involved at over 2.25 Goals. Burnley have kept only 1 clean sheet in their last 17 games, and with that record, there is always going to be a chance of goals in their games. But they are managing to score and they have apparently created more goal scoring opportunities than anyone else in the championship. Hull are without Aaron Maclean for the game which is a bit of a blow as he's a decent striker. But it's not a massive factor and ultimately, I think the line here is too generous. Two of Hull's last 3 home games went over 2.5 goals and the other one produced 2 goals. So bearing in mind Burnley's record for leaking goals and creating chances, my money is on the overs here which will only see a half stake loss if there are only 2 goals in the game.

Re: England: Championship Nov 26 Doncaster v Watford Goal Line (Over 2.5) @ 2.05 Bet365 Another game where I like the look of the overs in the championship. looks like I'm hoping for a bit of a goal fest this weekend. But this looks a decent price to me. 2 of Donny's last 3 home games have gone over and I like the chances of another one against a Watford side who i am becoming impressed with. only 1 of Watford's last 3 away games have gone over, but the two unders were at Middlesborough and leicester which are tough places to go. Loan signing Kightly is now fit which is a massive plus in the attacking department for them and both him and the promising Sordell scored on the weekend. Against struggling Doncaster, I really fancy the hornets to get on the score sheet. But Donny themselves have been making some decent additions and with Bill Sharp, Diouf and now Antoine Fortune in attack, they have plenty of goal scoring ability. I think both of these sides will improve in the next few weeks and will be looking out for any decent value on them. It's a tough game to predict result wise but with the fire power on show I like the look of the overs at just over even money.

Re: England: Championship Nov 26 Portsmouth vs Leicester Nigel Pearson created a Hull side able to win on any field in a low scoring game. So why not succeed here also? Pompey are strong at home, but if is someone to win this clash I rate Leicester. Bamba served the suspension he had and is ready to go. St Ledger played instead of him and now will be the choice of the manager which one of them will play. Home side will mark the debut of defender Mattock and midfielder Thorne on loan from West Brom. away 0 AH @ 1.91 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: England: Championship Nov 26 As I'm not yet got to the art of playing under/overs market, I must agree that matches this week are awful and present no real value. I follow the Championship relentlessly, but the matchups this week are really though. CP-Millwall, Ipswich-Reading, P'mouth-Leicester and Peterborough-M'brough are all matches that are impossible to predict for me. Blackpool-B'ham has draw written over it, I hate playing on draws but 3.45 for a likely draw could be worth a punt. Two defensive-minded teams going at it. Watford could also win at Doncaster but I don't think there's any value in the odds. As said, Bristol City has improved under the new manager and Southampton is not as dominant away than at home. So if Bc has a good day and David James can make a few good stops and Maynard score a couple of goals then BC could win. So 4.8 (home win BC) is probably gonna be my only bet for this week in the Championship. Cheers!

Re: England: Championship Nov 26 Could be something in us this weekend. It will be Michael Appleton's first home fixture in charge, and Fratton Park should be buzzing. After last weekend's horror showing, I'd expect an improvement. Usually when we play poorly, there is a slight improvement for the next fixture. Appleton has wasted no time in bringing in a couple of loanees from West Brom. 21 year old left back Joe Mattock and 18 year old midfielder George Thorne. Both should give us a bit more competition. I don't know much about George Thorn, but Mattock looks to be a shrewd acquisition. Although midfielder Abdul Razak has returned to Manchester City after playing a part in only three games. I'd expect this to be a tight contest again really, which could go either way, and I'd expect one goal to win it, if either side can take the bull by the horns. Leicester should provide us with our strongest test at home for a while, although I feel we can get a positive result, it's one of those games where it's so tight I couldn't really pick a winner.

As said, Bristol City has improved under the new manager and Southampton is not as dominant away than at home. So if Bc has a good day and David James can make a few good stops and Maynard score a couple of goals then BC could win. So 4.8 (home win BC) is probably gonna be my only bet for this week in the Championship. Cheers!
Not as dominant away? They haven't been dominant away at all: 3-3-2. They did crush Coventry away, but drew @ Derby as a similarly priced favorite.

Could be something in us this weekend. It will be Michael Appleton's first home fixture in charge, and Fratton Park should be buzzing. After last weekend's horror showing, I'd expect an improvement. Usually when we play poorly, there is a slight improvement for the next fixture. Appleton has wasted no time in bringing in a couple of loanees from West Brom. 21 year old left back Joe Mattock and 18 year old midfielder George Thorne. Both should give us a bit more competition. I don't know much about George Thorn, but Mattock looks to be a shrewd acquisition. Although midfielder Abdul Razak has returned to Manchester City after playing a part in only three games. I'd expect this to be a tight contest again really, which could go either way, and I'd expect one goal to win it, if either side can take the bull by the horns. Leicester should provide us with our strongest test at home for a while, although I feel we can get a positive result, it's one of those games where it's so tight I couldn't really pick a winner.
If I'd have to place one bet on this match, I'd pick David Nugent to score anytime or perhaps even the winning goal. From a Pompey point of view it just seems inevitable, doesn't it?

Not seen this many upsets in the championship for a long time... Apart from the Cardiff and Brighton home wins' date=' half the games ended in a draw and the others an away win. Struggling Bristol city even hit 2 past southampton![/quote'] If Derby beat West Ham then im £1678 up lol....never gonna happen surely? :hope

Not as dominant away? They haven't been dominant away at all: 3-3-2. They did crush Coventry away' date=' but drew @ Derby as a similarly priced favorite.[/quote'] Yes, allthethings. I would say that 8-0-0 at home is more dominating than 3-2-2 away.. And now 3-2-3.

The Championship is terrible this week and speaking of terrible let's have a look at a game that sums it all up: Crystal Palace V Millwall The south London derby at Selhurst is the game that many Palace fans hate the most because no matter how bad Millwall are they usually manage to get a result from this fixture. I read a stat earlier that said Palace have not taken 3pts from a Millwall game since 2002! It's a game where we will have to largely ignore the fact that Millwall are hopeless away from home and the gulf in quality will also probably mean little here. We come into this game with both sides having lost 2 on the bounce in the league and both will be desperate to take something here. I don't think there is any chance of Palace losing this but a win will be a big ask especially when you consider our ability to score goals has dried up completely. So what do you go for? Palace @ 7/5 (William Hill) or Draw @ 5/2 (Ladbrokes). I personally rate the chances of either outcome being the same so you would think draw would be best value but to be honest 1X2 should just be left alone here. Not much to report on the team news front, Jon Williams will be out for sometime for Palace. Loan signings Nathan Barker and Shane Lowry may make an appearence for Millwall, Josh McQuoid faces a late test while keeper Forde is still out. Palace have Norwich striker Chris Martin on-loan, he came off the bench V Leicester and nearly scored, perhaps he will go one better tommorow and make a name for himself. Probable Palace lineup: Speroni, Clyne, McCarthy, Gardner, Moxey, Zaha, Wright, Jedinak, Ambrose, Scannell, Murray If I had to bet on this game: Under 2.5 @ 3/4 (Betfair) Feeling saucy: Chris Martin anytime goalscorer @ 2/1 (Bet365) Over 3.5 seats to be torn out the away end @ 11/10 (Unknown)
FT Crystal Palace 0-0 Millwall, the phrase FFS Murray is comming back to haunt us Palace fans in a big way here. The striker had a game to forget with Palace remaining poor infront of goal. At least we are still solid at the back, I'm sure our goalscoring form will improve soon. Some good stuff on the thread this week despite a tough coupon, really good work from Wisey with Bristol City beating Southampton.