** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Premier Nov 26-27

aliando

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Going for draw/draw for Stoke and Blackburn. For some reason I always have the impression early kick-offs are dull games without much goal-mouth action. I have no stats to back this up but it always seems to me that the crowd are not as up for it neither the players so early. Also fancy Spurs to beat West Brom and Sunderland to beat Wigan - maybe a cheeky double there if the draw/draw on Stoke and Blackburn wins. Though the odds are not the best at double your money. My friend fancies a few draws this weekend - he reckons 2 matches out of Norwich/QPR, Sunderland/Wigan and Bolton/Everton will be a draw.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27

Going for draw/draw for Stoke and Blackburn. For some reason I always have the impression early kick-offs are dull games without much goal-mouth action. I have no stats to back this up but it always seems to me that the crowd are not as up for it neither the players so early. Also fancy Spurs to beat West Brom and Sunderland to beat Wigan - maybe a cheeky double there if the draw/draw on Stoke and Blackburn wins. Though the odds are not the best at double your money. My friend fancies a few draws this weekend - he reckons 2 matches out of Norwich/QPR, Sunderland/Wigan and Bolton/Everton will be a draw.
I dunno, Rovers v Arsenal was 5-2, they beat Norwich 2-1 early doors last week. I genuinely think a lot more to do with team capabilities than kick off times. I think Spurs might come a cropper, I got nothing to base that on mind. Praying Sunderland can win for a change. They really are terrible for such a big club, surely they'll beat sorry Wigan!!!!

Best bet of the weekend for me, 4/1 on betfair city htft. Their form has been exceptional, thanks to the both teams last results I feel this has distorted the odds offered. Liverpool were fortunate against a poor Chelsea and city had a very tough european away game. Their domestic form is a world away from european form currently

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Stoke - Blackburn over 3.5 @ 3.14 centrebet Stoke have been brutal of late as they have allowed at least 3 goals in their last 4 games (14 goals conceded) while they have scored in just 3 of them (total of 4 goals). However Blackburn is an opposition that should suit them as they too have been conceding goals, allowing 3 goals in 3 of their last 4 road games. They too have been scoring goals so you would imagine that this game will have goals in it, but like Stoke to do so damage here. Nelson and Olsson are out for Blackburn while Samba is very doubtful, and with Stoke liking for the high ball, then can use the height of Jones, and Crouch if he plays, to take advantage here. However, Stoke are susceptible to quick strikers and Hoilett can cause them problems, as Woodgate, Shawcross and Huth are not the most mobile defenders. Both teams have been conceding and no reason to suggest this will be any different here Bolton - Everton over 2.5 @ 1.91 pinnacle Both teams looking for consistency but hard to be consistent when there numerous injuries in both sides. Bolton have scored in 5 of their last 6 games, with Klasnic and Eagles getting themselves on the scoresheet in a few of these games, and with Everton missing Distin and maybe even Jagielka, the heart of their defence could have some holes there, especially if Davies plays his part in putting the size amongst the smaller defenders like Heitinga. Everton have conceded in their last 9 games and if their main two centre backs are out, then expect Bolton to score here. Everton though, have scored in 6 of their last 9 games, with Liverpool, Man Ud and Man City stopping them from scoring. Doubt that Bolton, who have allowed a goal in 9 of their last 10 games, will prevent them from scoring, especially as their defence has also allowed at least two goals in 8 of these games, as the Bolton defence has its share of injury concerns. Both teams to score and given their position on the ladder, will go for the win to get the 3 points Chelsea -2 (EH) @ 2.57 centrebet Having lost to Arsenal and Liverpool in their last two games, and then losing to Bayer Leverkusen midweek, Chelsea are seen as been in some trouble here as pressure mounts on Villas-Boas to correct things. Wolves are a step down from these teams mentioned that they have played and like them to bounce back here as the players stung by the criticism in the papers, lift in this game and do their talking on the pitch. Wolves have lost their last 4 road games, losing 2-1 at Everton, 3-1 at Man City, 2-0 at West Brom and 2-1 at Liverpool, and now without O'Hara and Hunt in the midfield, they lose two important players to suspension who could press and deny Chelsea's midfielders space to get their passing game going. Without these two players, then expect Lampard and Ramires to control the middle of the park, while Sturridge and Mata out wide then take on their players one-on-one. Chelsea have beaten Wolves 2-0 and 4-0 in their last two games at Stamford Bridge, and like them to get back some winning form here Man Utd -1.5 @ 2.09 pinnacle Man Utd have won their last 3 EPL games 1-0, and like them to continue on their winning ways as they face a Newcastle side that lost 3-1 at Man City to end their unbeaten run. Newcastle were easily exposed by City last week, and with Man Utd slowly getting some form, hard to see Newcastle breach this defence. Though they have scored in their last 8 games, like Ferdinand and Vidic to prevent Ba and co from scoring. Newcastle have given up goals in 7 of their last 8 games, and with a poor record at OT, where they have just two draws from their last 10 games there, like Man Utd to achieve a similar 3-0 result to last year's corresponding game Tottenham @ 2.00 pinnacle While West Brom have beaten the likes of Bolton, Aston Villa and Wolves in recent weeks, in amongst these win they have lost to Arsenal and Livepool which suggests they are not good enough to beat the better sides in this league. They have not scored in these two losses and allowed 5 goals in total, and like Spurs, who have won 8 and drawn the other of their last 9 games to continue to score goals, while their defence who had their first clean sheet in 6 games, look as composed and solid at the back as they did against Villa Arsenal -1.5 @ 2.51 pinnacle Since their loss to Tottenham, Arsenal have won their last 5 games on the back of some very good goals by the in form van Persie. They have scored at least 2 goals in each of these 5 games with 15 goals scored in total, and though they have conceded in 4 of these games, hard not to back them winning this well in the form they are in. Fulham have a win and a draw in their last 5 games as they have lost by at least two goals in these losses: losing 2-0 at Stoke, 3-1 at home to Everton and 3-1 at home to Tottenham. They have conceded 15 goals in their last 6 games at Arsenal as they have a poor record against them, having lost 22 of their 25 games against them, in all competitions Season record: 51-64 (+15.49)

I dunno' date=' [b']Rovers v Arsenal was 5-2, they beat Norwich 2-1 early doors last week. I genuinely think a lot more to do with team capabilities than kick off times. I think Spurs might come a cropper, I got nothing to base that on mind. Praying Sunderland can win for a change. They really are terrible for such a big club, surely they'll beat sorry Wigan!!!!
eh?!

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Villa + 0.5 @ 1.7 - BET365. I fancy Villa to take something here as I feel the odds on the away side have risen, considering where both these sides are likely to finish come May. There appears to be a slight over reaction to the way Swansea have started the season. I fancied Villa to get something away to Spurs last Monday, but they really didn't have a look in. Villa defended poorly, and Spurs gave them no time on the ball, so everything was rushed, and there was very little ingenuity from midfield. Here I think the way Swansea play could be of benefit to Villa. Swansea keep possession very well, and will look to grind Villa down. But, I fancy Villa will have more joy playing their counter attacking style here as they can sit back patiently waiting for Swansea to lose possession, before hitting them on the break. :hope

4pts - Stoke v Blackburn over 2.5 goals @ Skybet 1.91 Blackburn have gone over this line 4 out of 6 away games, with them scoring and conceding at least one in each game. Also 6 goals in the two most recent fixtures, finishing 3-3 with Wigan and Norwich. Stoke have only gone over 2 out of the last 6, but this was the 2 most recent game where they have conceded 6 goals. Stoke have only failed to score on one occasion at home this season and that was the opening match against Chelsea. Blackburn are desperate for the points and despite them being in real trouble, they do carry a goal threat and I expect them to get at Stoke. While Stoke having lost their last 2 home games will see this as an opportunity to put some points on the board. I think we should see some goals between two sides fairly equal in terms of quality. 4pts - Norwich v QPR over 2.5 goals @ Skybet 1.83 Norwich have gone over 4 out of the last 6, with all the last 4 going over. They have only failed to score in 1 home game this season and are yet to keep a clean sheet in 6. QPR have also gone over 4 out of 6, also with the last 4 all going over. They have conceded 2 or more in 4 of their 6 away games so far. Two promoted sides who have both had decent starts and find themselves around mid-table. I expect an open game and both will see this as an opportunity to take points. I also think both side are better suited to attacking rather than defending. I think we have enough quality on display to bring in the over's here. Will also play both as a double - 2pts - Double @ 3.50
Well happy with that. Well done to all winners :cigar

First pick for Saturday: Stoke vs Blackburn When I first saw this fixture I thought it had goals written all over it. With Blackburn scoring 3 away from home in their past 2 fixtures. However, Norwich and Wigan both made defensive mistakes and the goals against wigan were especially cheap. Stoke this season seems to be also conceading alot at the britannia. Conceading 3 goals against an average side like QPR was most unlike them and pulis will want to put that right. Teams like manchester united come to the Britannia and usually can only manage 1 or 2 goals (past 2 seasons), so i'd expect Stoke to tighten up after pulis has said that he will work on his defence. However, I still think there are goals in this game. This is because Blackburn have a score or lose attitute when behind and a goal will really open up this game. It will possibly be a close encounter towards half time, possibly ending 0 - 0, but I feel the game will be stretched in the second half. So: Over 2.5 9/10 10/10 Over 2.5 goals in second half 15/4 2/10 Stoke seems to suffer from Europa league hangovers. They will be helped by the break in the competition and will be fired up to take down this poor blackburn side with their hungry home crowd at the britannia. Although Blackburn seem to play better away from home away from the protests and angry fans, the odds on a solid stoke side are very good: Stoke -0.5 1.840 10/10
Nice haul for the early KO. Good thing I didnt get involved in the 3oclock games much today. Nearly everything finished a draw and upsets in the championship, Utd held at home by Newcastle and Wigan grabbed an win against sunderland. Nice one Wigan :notworthy. Lets hope there arnt any suprises for the evening Kick-off: Arsenal vs Fulham Arsenal are now back on track and are cruising up the table from their early season struggle. This year its going to be very tight up top for the champions league spots. Tommorow's clash will be key to test City's credentials after defeat by Napoli. Tottenham have just beat a good West brom away and are in superb form. There are increased pressures to win and keep up with the top 4 challengers and I feel the emirates will be all fired up to dispose of this relatively weak Fulham side. I saw Fulham against sunderland last week and they were extremely poor. Though they didnt play in midweek and Arsenal did, their win over a very good Dortmund side to progress to the last 16 as group winners will do them alot of good. The players look hungry and will be off from the go. News coming in Arsenal lineup is at full strength offensively with main man Van persie up front as usual. Alongside Walcott and Arshavin with Ramsey and Arteta supporting I see goals especially at home. Song looks in superb form and looks more creative than usual during their win in midweek and is also a solid defensive midfielder. Szczesny is a good keeper and Santos may even come in and nick a goal. Lets hope that Mertesacker doesnt score an own goal :lol. Arsenal WIN 8/15 10/10 Arsenal -0.1 9/10 10/10 Arsenal -2.5 7/2 1/10 :hope

Stoke -1 v Blackburn. 2.61 @ Pinnacle (4/10) WIN Norwich v QPR. Over 2.5 goals. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (7/10) WIN Sunderland vs Wigan. Over 2.5 goals. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (6/10) WIN West Brom v Tottenham. Both to score. 1.66 @ Bet365 (7/10) WIN
:loon Perfect 4/4. Lucky with overs in Sunderland match as Wigan made the most of late error from Sunderland.

Nice haul for the early KO. Good thing I didnt get involved in the 3oclock games much today. Nearly everything finished a draw and upsets in the championship, Utd held at home by Newcastle and Wigan grabbed an win against sunderland. Nice one Wigan :notworthy. Lets hope there arnt any suprises for the evening Kick-off: Arsenal vs Fulham Arsenal are now back on track and are cruising up the table from their early season struggle. This year its going to be very tight up top for the champions league spots. Tommorow's clash will be key to test City's credentials after defeat by Napoli. Tottenham have just beat a good West brom away and are in superb form. There are increased pressures to win and keep up with the top 4 challengers and I feel the emirates will be all fired up to dispose of this relatively weak Fulham side. I saw Fulham against sunderland last week and they were extremely poor. Though they didnt play in midweek and Arsenal did, their win over a very good Dortmund side to progress to the last 16 as group winners will do them alot of good. The players look hungry and will be off from the go. News coming in Arsenal lineup is at full strength offensively with main man Van persie up front as usual. Alongside Walcott and Arshavin with Ramsey and Arteta supporting I see goals especially at home. Song looks in superb form and looks more creative than usual during their win in midweek and is also a solid defensive midfielder. Szczesny is a good keeper and Santos may even come in and nick a goal. Lets hope that Mertesacker doesnt score an own goal :lol. Arsenal WIN 8/15 10/10 Arsenal -0.1 9/10 10/10 Arsenal -2.5 7/2 1/10 :hope
Started well, but not a great end to the day. Still good profit but Arsenal were excellent today and should have got all 3 points.

Its not very often i get involved in the Prem but got a couple of picks for the weekend Wolves +1.5, +2 AH @ 1.975 - Bet365 - 3/10 stakes This bet is obviously more about laying Chelsea than backing Wolves here. AVB is obviously under alot of pressure at the minute and its starting to show. With reasonably poor showings against Arsenal and Liverpool and the loss in the CL last night, i cant see where a thrashing of Wolves is going to come from, even though they are more than capable of it. Its no secret that Chelsea's defence isnt all that at the minute and i'd back Wolves to score meaning that Chelsea would need to get atleast 4 for me to lose all my stake, I think its a risk worth taking. I think i'm also right in saying Wolves generally do okay against the top teams.. i remember them getting results agaisnt Utd and my lot Spurs in the past, and they seemed to fare okay against City in the league a couple of weeks ago. Man City +0AH @ 1.875 - Bet365 - 4/10 stakes
And thats why i dont bet on the PL too often :lol wouldnt surprise me if City get rolled over by Liverpool tomorrow too!

4pts - Stoke v Blackburn over 2.5 goals @ Skybet 1.91 Blackburn have gone over this line 4 out of 6 away games, with them scoring and conceding at least one in each game. Also 6 goals in the two most recent fixtures, finishing 3-3 with Wigan and Norwich. Stoke have only gone over 2 out of the last 6, but this was the 2 most recent game where they have conceded 6 goals. Stoke have only failed to score on one occasion at home this season and that was the opening match against Chelsea. Blackburn are desperate for the points and despite them being in real trouble, they do carry a goal threat and I expect them to get at Stoke. While Stoke having lost their last 2 home games will see this as an opportunity to put some points on the board. I think we should see some goals between two sides fairly equal in terms of quality.
Stoke - Blackburn over 3.5 @ 3.14 centrebet Stoke have been brutal of late as they have allowed at least 3 goals in their last 4 games (14 goals conceded) while they have scored in just 3 of them (total of 4 goals). However Blackburn is an opposition that should suit them as they too have been conceding goals, allowing 3 goals in 3 of their last 4 road games. They too have been scoring goals so you would imagine that this game will have goals in it, but like Stoke to do so damage here. Nelson and Olsson are out for Blackburn while Samba is very doubtful, and with Stoke liking for the high ball, then can use the height of Jones, and Crouch if he plays, to take advantage here. However, Stoke are susceptible to quick strikers and Hoilett can cause them problems, as Woodgate, Shawcross and Huth are not the most mobile defenders. Both teams have been conceding and no reason to suggest this will be any different here
:cheers Thanks lads. This one had slipped thru the net...jumped on just in time. :ok

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 -4.74pts for me yesterday. We were heavy-legged from the start against Fulham, arguably could have still won the game as we had more chances and possession, but the Dortmund game visibly took its toll on us. Glad to see the back of the Champions League until Feb/March now tbh. Norwich overs came through to limit my loss for the day. Watched the United game aswell, unreal stuff, not quite sure how United missed so many chances, one of those days. A ref giving a poor pen to the away side at Old Trafford + a linesman waving off a late United goal for offside, strange stuff there. Hernandez looked marginally off perhaps, but the linesman must have had balls of steel to flag it, wouldnt expect it to go against United.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Not a good day for favourites with Arsenal, United and Barcelona losing - what was the odds on that at the start of the day? Any good bets for tomorrow guys? I know there's only a few games but anything to give me hope that I can win some money back :clap

Not a good day for favourites with Arsenal, United and Barcelona losing - what was the odds on that at the start of the day? Any good bets for tomorrow guys? I know there's only a few games but anything to give me hope that I can win some money back :clap
Well putting aside the fact that Arsenal and United didn't actually lose, I'd suggest just not backing favourites at short prices might keep you out of the poor house for a while. It's an idiot's game.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Swansea vs Aston Villa Home side continues their impressive home run that had also in the Championship last season. They are strong at home and hard to be broken down. Expect them to win and to have a match with goals. Villa will try to bounce back from the last game defeat and for that should boost their defensive play. 2 or 3 goals in match @ 1.95 with bet365

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Liverpool vs. Manchester City - Both to Score ? Anyone is gonna jump on this market today ? I think there are good chances for both to score and is probably the safest option so far. Opinions ? EDIT: Just noticed both to score is priced low around 1,60 - 1,65 :/ Over 2,5 @ 1,85 seems to have more value but will we see goals after City had a tiring game at Napoli through midweek ?

Liverpool vs. Manchester City - Both to Score ? Anyone is gonna jump on this market today ? I think there are good chances for both to score and is probably the safest option so far. Opinions ? EDIT: Just noticed both to score is priced low around 1,60 - 1,65 :/ Over 2,5 @ 1,85 seems to have more value but will we see goals after City had a tiring game at Napoli through midweek ?
I was thinking of this last night and apart from the game against Bayern, City have scored in all of their games this season and usually way more than one! I'd expect liverpool to score at least 1 today but they were held to a 0-0 draw by swansea at home though created enough chances to get at least a goal. However with the best odds of Both teams to score at 4/6, I struggle to see any value. Over 2.5 is being offered at 11/12 by 32red. William hill has a nice offer on their website @ 2/1 for any team to score 3 or more. I think both these sides are good front runners and Man City can hit anyone for 3 goals if they play well. Like the game against Napoli, if liverpool take the lead, when man city push forwards they will give the opposition chances to break and is vulnerable at the back.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Stoke - Blackburn over 3.5 @ 3.14 :D Bolton - Everton over 2.5 @ 1.91 :( Chelsea -2 (EH) @ 2.57 :D Man Utd -1.5 @ 2.09 :( Tottenham @ 2.00 :D Arsenal -1.5 @ 2.51 :( Season record: 54-67 (+17.20) Scotty & TD :cheers Swansea @ 2.21 pinnacle Swansea have shown that they are team that can knock the ball around and make it hard for teams to beat them, and especially at home where they have 3 wins (and scord 8 goals in these 3 wins) and 2 draws and suffered a defeat to Man Utd last week, they will make it hard for Villa, as they have conceded just two goals in these 6 home games. Villa on the other hand, have yet to win away as they have lost two and drawn 4 of their 6 away games, conceding at least two goals in 4 of these 6 away games, as well as conceding at least two goals in their last 5 overall. Though they have scored in 5 of their 6 away games, hard to see them scoring on a pretty solid defence at home who will close down their space in the midfield an deny service to the likes of Bent and Agbonlahor. Liverpool @ 2.69 pinnacle Liverpool tend to play to the level of the opposition where they have beaten Chelsea and Arsenal this year, and should have beaten, and not drawn with Man Utd, while they lost to Spurs, when they had two players sent off. They will lift for this game, and though they have had their problems in stringing wins at home, with too many draws against lesser sides, they present good value considering that Man City have a few things going against them in this game. Man City played at Napoli mid week and maybe somewhat deflated with their result and also their mind may be thinking ahead of the need to beat Bayern Munich in the last round of the CL in order to progress. Secondly, they have had their share of problems on the road, as they have conceded 8 goals in their 6 road games, though they have also scored 23 goals in them. But Anfield presents a greater challenge as Liverpool will dig in and not allow themselves to be opened up like Man Utd or the other clubs have been. Liverpool have allowed their opponents fewer shots on target against them than any other side in the EPL, so scoring will not be easy for City. Furthermore, City have only won one of their last 12 visits to Anfield, and even though this is their best side to visit Anfield, the place will be rocking as the benchmark in the EPL comes to this ground to play. City deserve to be favourites, but Liverpool are about the only other team who is in form at prsenet, and can compete with them, especially at home.