** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Premier Nov 26-27

aliando

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 I was thinking about Stoke to win to Nil @ 3.00 with William Hill taking into account their good record against Blackburn and the fact that since Stoke got promoted to Premier League they have only lost their first game against Blackburn 0-3 back in 2008. After that they won 4 and drew 1 without conceding a single goal from Blackburn. However, Blackburn has a good attack and they have failed to score in 3 games out of 12 and these games were home matches against Man.City, Chelsea and Everton. They have scored and conceded in all of their away games so might be tempted to take Both to Score @ 1.70-1.80. What do you guys think?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27

I was thinking about Stoke to win to Nil @ 3.00 with William Hill taking into account their good record against Blackburn and the fact that since Stoke got promoted to Premier League they have only lost their first game against Blackburn 0-3 back in 2008. After that they won 4 and drew 1 without conceding a single goal from Blackburn. However, Blackburn has a good attack and they have failed to score in 3 games out of 12 and these games were home matches against Man.City, Chelsea and Everton. They have scored and conceded in all of their away games so might be tempted to take Both to Score @ 1.70-1.80. What do you guys think?
Both to score looks more plausible I think with Stoke conceding plenty of goals lately

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Bolton - Everton Bolton games this season have produced many goals and only 1 out of 12 games ended in unders. 8 of their games produced 4 or more goals. I can't say the same thing about Everton because half of their games were produced 2 or less goals and half produced 3 or more goals. I will once again use the referee approach I sued last week. Michael Oliver will be in charge of this game and the last games he was in charge of produced 3 or more goals, with 3 games producing 4 goals. I believe that the possibility of many goals in this game is higher than the odds suggest. Over 4.5 Goals @ 6.00 (1 unit) William Hill ---------------------------------------------- Sunderland - Wigan Even though Wigan are bottom of the table and have recorded just 1 win this season back in August I think that they can win here, or at least not to lose. Sunderland are missing number of important players including their main keeper Mignolet and Connor Wickham is another long term absentee. Moreover, Wigan has a good record against Sunderland. Since being promoted to the Premier League Wigan played Sunderland 10 times and lost only twice, managing 3 draws and 5 wins. Wigan DNB @ 4.00 (1 unit) Bet365

I was thinking about Stoke to win to Nil @ 3.00 with William Hill taking into account their good record against Blackburn and the fact that since Stoke got promoted to Premier League they have only lost their first game against Blackburn 0-3 back in 2008. After that they won 4 and drew 1 without conceding a single goal from Blackburn. However, Blackburn has a good attack and they have failed to score in 3 games out of 12 and these games were home matches against Man.City, Chelsea and Everton. They have scored and conceded in all of their away games so might be tempted to take Both to Score @ 1.70-1.80. What do you guys think?
It's a tough one Mustafa. Stoke have been leaking goals lately and some of our defending has been terrible. But traditionally, we are very good at the back and our defence is one of our best qualities on paper. If you are looking purely on form, then this match looks like goals. But having conceeded 3 goals in the last 2 home games, you can bet your bottom dollar that Pulis will have read them the riot act and had them defensive training all week. So whilst the form book may suggest goals, if I know Pulis, this could end up being a tight low scoring game. It's a tough one to call, but personally don't think there's much value to be had in the btts market. Good luck if you go for it though:ok

It's a tough one Mustafa. Stoke have been leaking goals lately and some of our defending has been terrible. But traditionally, we are very good at the back and our defence is one of our best qualities on paper. If you are looking purely on form, then this match looks like goals. But having conceeded 3 goals in the last 2 home games, you can bet your bottom dollar that Pulis will have read them the riot act and had them defensive training all week. So whilst the form book may suggest goals, if I know Pulis, this could end up being a tight low scoring game. It's a tough one to call, but personally don't think there's much value to be had in the btts market. Good luck if you go for it though:ok
That's a good point and together with their record against Blackburn I might pick Stoke to win to Nil @ 3.00 which looks like a good price.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 All through Bet365: Arsenal -1AH @ 1.725 Scoring goals for fun and with van Persie in supreme form too - combine this with a Fulham side that really doesn't like life away from the cottage, and all signs point to an Arsenal win. Man City DNB @ 1.80 This will be a tight one, but for me there is value in City. They didn't have a great time of it against Napoli but domestically they're in cruise control. Liverpool is a tough place to grab a result, but if anyone is going to do it you'd fancy it being the table-toppers. That said, I'm always concerned Mancini is going to tell all the players to go into their shells, so I'm only brave enough for the DNB. Swansea @ 2.25 They're at home, we're they've got a great record, and they're playing Villa who don't look to have any kind of record. Really think the Villa manager is under some pressure at the moment, the squad's not really looking inspired, and this is a tough fixture for them. Home win. Man Utd - Newcastle Under 2.5 @ 2.10 A little bit risky perhaps, considering Newcastle have left nothing to the imagination lately with several games with 3 goals or more scored... But since the City thrashing United have stuttered a little bit and seem to favour closing opponents out rather than smashing them. I reckon Newcastle will provide a stern enough test for Ferguson's defence without turning the game into a goal-fest, so I'm going under 2.5 for this Old Trafford fixture.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Norwich DnB should be considered though the odds are not very appealing. This ''Championship'' duel shouldn't be as eqal as it appears for the first sight. The bigest problem for QPR will be their suspended/injured players. So in this clash they will be without their captain Barton (suspended), DJ Campbell (metatarsal) Rob Hulse (knee), Keiron Dyer (foot), Matt Connolly (ankle), Brian Murphy (calf injury), Jason Puncheon (tonsillitis), Jay Bothroyd and Danny Gabbidon. Their best striker Heidar Helguson is also very doubtfull for this game (hasn't trained with the team this week). Armand Traore will play but also is not 100% fit. Luke Young is also set as doubtfull as he returned the training only on Thursday. So what I see is a very depleted squad on away game against prety tough opponent. For Norwich this is the best time to pick up the points, so Norwich DnB is actually pretty safe bet here. And if we look at the previous meeting between these two, then Norwich hasn't lost the last three meetings (2 wins and 1 draw)

Sunderland - Wigan Even though Wigan are bottom of the table and have recorded just 1 win this season back in August I think that they can win here, or at least not to lose. Sunderland are missing number of important players including their main keeper Mignolet and Connor Wickham is another long term absentee. Moreover, Wigan has a good record against Sunderland. Since being promoted to the Premier League Wigan played Sunderland 10 times and lost only twice, managing 3 draws and 5 wins. Wigan DNB @ 4.00 (1 unit) Bet365
Wigan has McCarthy doubtful,Alcaraz is out and Rodallega came off the bench with a virus last week.He could be limited.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Man.United - Newcastle Man.United has a very impressive records against Newcastle at Old Trafford. Moreover, Newcastle haven't beaten the Red Devils at Old Trafford as long as Sir Alex was in charge of the club. Newcastle failed to score in their last 7 visits to Old Trafford, but this season they are fighting for the Champions League spot and very few people expected that and they have been playing really well so far. They scored in 10 out of 12 games this season. The only time they did not score were goalless draws at home against Arsenal and away against QPR. Man.United are not so great in defence and games in the Champions League and a home game against Man.City are a good proof of that. Even though I expect Man.United to win this game I do not expect them to keep a clean sheet. I can see Newcastle either scoring first or equalising at some point which result in Man.United attacking more and snatching a win late in the game. Moreover, Man.United scored most of their goals (27.6%) between 75th and 90th minute of the game. Both to Score @ 2.00 (3 units) William Hill Man.United Goal: 75-90 min @ 2.37 (2 units) William Hill

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 4pts - Stoke v Blackburn over 2.5 goals @ Skybet 1.91 Blackburn have gone over this line 4 out of 6 away games, with them scoring and conceding at least one in each game. Also 6 goals in the two most recent fixtures, finishing 3-3 with Wigan and Norwich. Stoke have only gone over 2 out of the last 6, but this was the 2 most recent game where they have conceded 6 goals. Stoke have only failed to score on one occasion at home this season and that was the opening match against Chelsea. Blackburn are desperate for the points and despite them being in real trouble, they do carry a goal threat and I expect them to get at Stoke. While Stoke having lost their last 2 home games will see this as an opportunity to put some points on the board. I think we should see some goals between two sides fairly equal in terms of quality. 4pts - Norwich v QPR over 2.5 goals @ Skybet 1.83 Norwich have gone over 4 out of the last 6, with all the last 4 going over. They have only failed to score in 1 home game this season and are yet to keep a clean sheet in 6. QPR have also gone over 4 out of 6, also with the last 4 all going over. They have conceded 2 or more in 4 of their 6 away games so far. Two promoted sides who have both had decent starts and find themselves around mid-table. I expect an open game and both will see this as an opportunity to take points. I also think both side are better suited to attacking rather than defending. I think we have enough quality on display to bring in the over's here. Will also play both as a double - 2pts - Double @ 3.50

Guys' date=' do you have some info about WBA - Tottenham game? I already played Tottenham, do they have a great chance of winning?[/quote'] Apparently so. I fancy Tottenham to win. There was no Europa League during the week so there's no fatigue or lack of preparation excuses. West Brom's record against the top sides this season is poor and Tottenham are flying at the moment. Too much power in attack.

4pts - Stoke v Blackburn over 2.5 goals @ Skybet 1.91 Blackburn have gone over this line 4 out of 6 away games, with them scoring and conceding at least one in each game. Also 6 goals in the two most recent fixtures, finishing 3-3 with Wigan and Norwich. Stoke have only gone over 2 out of the last 6, but this was the 2 most recent game where they have conceded 6 goals. Stoke have only failed to score on one occasion at home this season and that was the opening match against Chelsea. Blackburn are desperate for the points and despite them being in real trouble, they do carry a goal threat and I expect them to get at Stoke. While Stoke having lost their last 2 home games will see this as an opportunity to put some points on the board. I think we should see some goals between two sides fairly equal in terms of quality. 4pts - Norwich v QPR over 2.5 goals @ Skybet 1.83 Norwich have gone over 4 out of the last 6, with all the last 4 going over. They have only failed to score in 1 home game this season and are yet to keep a clean sheet in 6. QPR have also gone over 4 out of 6, also with the last 4 all going over. They have conceded 2 or more in 4 of their 6 away games so far. Two promoted sides who have both had decent starts and find themselves around mid-table. I expect an open game and both will see this as an opportunity to take points. I also think both side are better suited to attacking rather than defending. I think we have enough quality on display to bring in the over's here. Will also play both as a double - 2pts - Double @ 3.50
I took the Stoke one as well, although now Wisey's post about Pulis getting them doing defensive training all week has got me worried. It's always difficult to know whether to go with current form or whether a manager will turn things around by working on issues in training, thus reversing poor recent form. But I think you are right about both teams going for it. Kean has remained cool under considerable pressure but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he would see a draw here as an undesirable result, and be trying to get a win to quieten his critics. Last I heard Samba is a doubt and Nelson is a long-term absentee so Blackburn look vulerable at the back, and like you say they do have some good players going forward, with Hoilett and Formica impressing and Yakabu really amongst the goals at the moment. As for the Spurs game, for those who were debating it, it's true that we have been a lot worse away from this season, in terms of performance. We have been grinding out the results rather than playing great football. However, you can see in all our away games (except United) how dangerous we are when we have a bit of space and can play on the counter attack. In some of those games we didn't have many shots but we were lethal from the opportunities we got on the break. West Brom have not impressed me this season so I'd say we were decent value around 1.9-2.0.

I took the Stoke one as well' date=' although now Wisey's post about Pulis getting them doing defensive training all week has got me worried. It's always difficult to know whether to go with current form or whether a manager will turn things around by working on issues in training, thus reversing poor recent form. But I think you are right about both teams going for it. Kean has remained cool under considerable pressure but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he would see a draw here as an undesirable result, and be trying to get a win to quieten his critics. Last I heard Samba is a doubt and Nelson is a long-term absentee so Blackburn look vulerable at the back, and like you say they do have some good players going forward, with Hoilett and Formica impressing and Yakabu really amongst the goals at the moment.[/quote'] I think that in Premier League the only consistency you can rely on is a consistent good performance like with Arsenal at the moment or Man.City from the beginning of the season. In all other cases coaches change theri approach if something goes wrong. I remember last season when newly promoted Blackpool beat Wigan 4-0 and then next week or week after Wigan beat Tottenham away if I am correct.

I took the Stoke one as well' date=' although now Wisey's post about [b']Pulis getting them doing defensive training all week has got me worried. It's always difficult to know whether to go with current form or whether a manager will turn things around by working on issues in training, thus reversing poor recent form. But I think you are right about both teams going for it. Kean has remained cool under considerable pressure but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he would see a draw here as an undesirable result, and be trying to get a win to quieten his critics. Last I heard Samba is a doubt and Nelson is a long-term absentee so Blackburn look vulerable at the back, and like you say they do have some good players going forward, with Hoilett and Formica impressing and Yakabu really amongst the goals at the moment.
To be fair they have been conceding goals all over the place. They lost 5-0 away at Bolton, and you would have thought he would have read the riot act then. Yet they still went and conceded 3 against QPR. No doubt about it that the goals can't continue for both teams and the 0-0 draw is just around the corner. However I see enough to suggest we get can get another overs in here :ok

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Arsenal -1 1.82 4/10 Taking arsenal on the handicap. Just confirmed that sidwell and Duff both will miss the game. That is quite a big blow for fulham, who are already missing simon davies this season and i can see the midfield being stretched quite abit. Good luck!

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Norwich vs QPR Over 3.5 @ 3.2 Betfair I'm expecting a goal fest at Carrow Road tomorrow. Out of the newly promoted teams so far QPR can have the current bragging rights, though in all honesty all of them are doing extremely well. I cannot see Norwich changing their style of play that has served them well so far. Gung ho at the best of times, defensively woeful at the worst. Both these teams are high up a congested table and relegation will not be rearing its ugly head yet. I envisage the shackles really coming off for these teams who will pour forward knowing this game is extremely winnable. QPR miss two first team defenders, Gabbidon and Young. As we have seen in previous games (Fulham 6-0) the replacements are not adequate. They play a LW at LB (Traore) who cannot defend. Norwich are also missing a host of CB's and as we have seen against Villa, Blackburn and especially Arsenal they were giving up chances at will. They know that attack is the best form of defence with Morison, FOx, Pilkington and Hoolahan all in form. I cannot predict the outcome but this should definitely have goals, as Norwich and their opponents have scored in every PL game so far bar 1- United away (2-0). 3 of QPR's 6 away games have gone over 3.5 but more importantly it is the last 3 aways they have played. Expecting this to continue :hope

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Hello everyone, my first post here but I have been reading and getting tips (many successful!) on the football and horse forums over the last 2 or 3 weeks. As an Arsenal fan my first tip is going to be: Arsenal to win + Robin Van Persie to score anytime @ EVS PaddyPower Arsenal have won five on the trot now whilst Fulham have only won once in their last five outings. Van Persie, as we all know is on fire and @EVS I think it's great value. :hope

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Abit late looking at the premier league fixtures this week, but initial gut instinct tells me: Stoke, They didnt have the Europa leaugue to worry about and the fans should be hungry and loud and will be the 12th man again for stoke to Win against a poor Blackburn side. Bolton everton DRAW, Simply because Everton is too short at 7/5. Hwoever Bolton is yet to draw any of their games. Chelsea Wolves. I feel chelsea are slightly too short, but not going to back against them here. Utd vs Newcastle on first sight manchester united does look very long even for their recent form. But this is still Old trafford and although Newcastle are doing very well, their have a squad that lacks quality and relys on teamwork to get results. Norwich, Carrow road will be buzzing again, price looks good also. Wigan, too long here and the odds will probably drift abit more to perhaps 5/1. Wigan are inconsistant and Sunderland could beat them 4 - 0 like against stoke earlier or wigan could nick a suprising 1 - 0 win. A draw is also possible, but I think that if Wigan plays well then they should grab all 3 points against sunderland on low morale. Spurs look just the right price to me, might take a tiny punt to keep me interested. Arsenal, 1/2 looks juicy value. Van Persie is scoring a goal every game and Fulham were terrible last week away. Although Arsenal played in midweek and Fulham didnt, Arsenal 1/2 looks good enough to back imo. Welcome any other opinions!

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Norwich v QPR. Over 2.5 goals. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Looks like overs in this one. Norwich are playing attacking ball game, especially at home. Defending is not impressive and the same thing can be said about QPR. They don't have any good defenders, so all in all we are looking at a high scoring match. Sunderland vs Wigan. Over 2.5 goals. 1.95 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Wigan just can not buy a win at the moment. They were oh so close against Blackburn but still failed to get it done. Sunderland away from home looks like another match without a win. Sunderland normally play good at home in terms of attacking. They have given up two goals each against Villa and West Brom which is not so good. They played out a boring goaless draw with Fulham. Don't expect two unders in a row for Sunderland. Last season they beat Wigan 4-2 at home. Half amount of that goals will do. West Brom v Tottenham. Both to score. 1.66 @ Bet365 (7/10) There are no questions abouts Tottenham scoring goals but defending is suspect, especially away from home. They just can not buy a clean sheet and I'm not sure it can happen this time. West Brom have people to get a goal or two. I think it will be 1-1 or 2-2, anyways both to score is my pick and odds @ 1.66 suggest it might as well be the case. Stoke -1 v Blackburn. 2.61 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Stoke had a shocker last week against QPR. Losing 2-3 at home was really poor result. Some of the goals they conceded were not they way Stoke are defending. They are conceding a lot these days. Today the good thing is that Blackburn have got no defense either. They never should have won @ Wigan as they scored an illegal goal and escaped from the defeat in the injury time. Stoke have won 3 in a row against Blackburn and have not conceded a goal in those matches. Overall Stoke have not allowed against Blackburn in last five matches, one of those was a goaless draw. Home win here.

I took the Stoke one as well, although now Wisey's post about Pulis getting them doing defensive training all week has got me worried. It's always difficult to know whether to go with current form or whether a manager will turn things around by working on issues in training, thus reversing poor recent form. But I think you are right about both teams going for it. Kean has remained cool under considerable pressure but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he would see a draw here as an undesirable result, and be trying to get a win to quieten his critics. Last I heard Samba is a doubt and Nelson is a long-term absentee so Blackburn look vulerable at the back, and like you say they do have some good players going forward, with Hoilett and Formica impressing and Yakabu really amongst the goals at the moment. As for the Spurs game, for those who were debating it, it's true that we have been a lot worse away from this season, in terms of performance. We have been grinding out the results rather than playing great football. However, you can see in all our away games (except United) how dangerous we are when we have a bit of space and can play on the counter attack. In some of those games we didn't have many shots but we were lethal from the opportunities we got on the break. West Brom have not impressed me this season so I'd say we were decent value around 1.9-2.0.
An extra point to add on the Stoke game: Although blackburn have scored alot of goals recently (3 in their last two away matches), the goals have been quite cheap. Against wigan the first one was a defensive mistake, second one was more or less a cheat and the third a penalty. Against Norwich Hoilet scored a brilliant goal, but Norwich's defence isnt as strong as stokes.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 First pick for Saturday: Stoke vs Blackburn When I first saw this fixture I thought it had goals written all over it. With Blackburn scoring 3 away from home in their past 2 fixtures. However, Norwich and Wigan both made defensive mistakes and the goals against wigan were especially cheap. Stoke this season seems to be also conceading alot at the britannia. Conceading 3 goals against an average side like QPR was most unlike them and pulis will want to put that right. Teams like manchester united come to the Britannia and usually can only manage 1 or 2 goals (past 2 seasons), so i'd expect Stoke to tighten up after pulis has said that he will work on his defence. However, I still think there are goals in this game. This is because Blackburn have a score or lose attitute when behind and a goal will really open up this game. It will possibly be a close encounter towards half time, possibly ending 0 - 0, but I feel the game will be stretched in the second half. So: Over 2.5 9/10 10/10 Over 2.5 goals in second half 15/4 2/10 Stoke seems to suffer from Europa league hangovers. They will be helped by the break in the competition and will be fired up to take down this poor blackburn side with their hungry home crowd at the britannia. Although Blackburn seem to play better away from home away from the protests and angry fans, the odds on a solid stoke side are very good: Stoke -0.5 1.840 10/10

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 One for me this weekend: - 4pts Over 1.5 Team Goals Double: Arsenal (vs. Fulham) x Tottenham (vs. West Brom) @ 7/4 [Coral] I've been very successful in recent weeks with these Team Goals doubles and I see an opportunity for a decent pay-out this weekend with two massively in-form sides. Arsenal are pretty rampant right now especially with the crazy form of Robin Van Persie. Despite their midweek exploits, I expect them to handle Fulham without too much fuss. I've had a look at their record this season after midweek games and they have always scored 2 goals in their matches (home or away) barring their trip to White Hart Lane a few weeks back. Theyre on a pretty impressive run and have scored twice or more in 9 of their last ten home games. Similarly, Spurs are on fire. They should've despatched Villa by 4 or 5 on monday night and with a full strength side I only expect them to continue their good run at WBA this weekend. I see a high-scoring game here and I definitely see scope for two Spurs goals. They've scored scored at least two goals in EVERY SINGLE ONE of their last eleven League games dating back to their 5-1 mauling by Man City at the beginning of the year which is pretty damn impressive. West Brom don't exactly have the most watertight defence either. Their recent home record suggests only three goals conceded in their last four games but their hasn't really been that much quality in those games barring Liverpool (who scored 2 of those three!). A rampant spurs side can do the same this weekend and at 7/4, I fancy both London sides to do the business.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Norwich vs QPR OVER 2.5 goals @ 1.877 (Pinnacle:6pts) Like the look of overs in this one. I mentioned last week that I was beginning to see poor defending creep into Norwich's game and that continued against us at Carrow Road, although we won just 2-1 we really had chances to score 5 or 6, plus they havent kept a clean-sheet all season. QPR have been fearless enough and have a goal in them most weeks, they got 3 at Stoke, 2 at home to City recently. Barton is out but I'm more impressed with a couple of other QPR players like Faurlin so I'd still expect QPR to come looking for a result. By the same token Norwich will see it as winnable and should attack, goals is my choice in this one. Arsenal to bt Fulham @ 1.50 (Paddy Power:10pts) Nice price here, was expecting 1.40 at best tbh. We are playing very well atm, have built up some nice momentum in recent months and at home especially have shown some consistency since the early season. We had a tough game in midweek and I was unsure as to whether Wenger will make a few changes, but it looked like business as usual from the training pictures today and we do have Carling Cup in midweek which will be a chance to completely change the side, so we may well be full strength tomorrow with RVP leading the line. Jol seems to be slowly turning things around at Fulham, was impressed with them at home to Spurs when they somehow lost after battering Spurs for long periods, but away from Craven Cottage they are a different side completely, I expect them to make life difficult but would expect our quality to come through eventually. GL!

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Liverpool V Man City Gotta go for city. Liverpool have a knack of beating the big clubs but I feel they will come unstuck this weekend. City are virtually out of the CL, so will want to win the Prem League, Aguero was virtually rested mid week and will be on fire this weekend, plus Liverpool still missing Steveie G. City already demolished Spurs and Utd this season and I fully expect them to beat Liverpool. City to win at 17/10 Stan James or Hills City -1 4/1 Paddy Power

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 All prices taken with Betfair. Bolton v Everton - LAY Everton @ 2.46 Everton have flattered to deceive at times this season, they struggled past a not very good Wolves side last weekend and their away form hasn't been that great this season. A win against Blackburn (who missed two penalties) and a late win against Fulham (after Zamora missed a glorious chance). I do still rate this Everton side they've got some undoubted quality but I don't rate their current form and with doubts over key players in Rodwell and Distin I think they are worth taking on against a Bolton side, despite their home form this season, are usually a tough opposition at the Reebok Stadium. West Brom v Tottenham - LAY West Brom @ 5.40 Tottenham really are flying at present, when they play well they win comfortably and they can seemingly grind out result when playing no where near the best. West Brom have injury doubts over Odemwingie & Long, without thoose two West Brom carry little goal threat and even if they are involved I find it difficult to see them beating this in-form Tottenham side. Arsenal v Fulham - LAY Over 3.5 goals @ 2.86 Unusual that I go for a unders goal market in an Arsenal game but I feel Arsenal have improved defensively recently and with Fulham seemingly carry little goal threat away from home I won't at all be surprised with a clean sheet for Arsenal here. Maybe slightly dangerous with Van Persie in such great form, but Arsenal come into this on the back of a European midweek game and I was find that can result in slow starts to the game. Fulham are usually happy to setback away from home and I think more than three goals is unlikely here. Liverpool v Man City - LAY Man City @ 2.70 May have missed a better price of laying Man City here but they have drifted quite a lot. Understandly so though they come into this game on the back of a tough away game and defeat in Naples, in contrast the Liverpool players will be fresh with no game midweek. The home side will also be high in confidence having beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last weekend. Obviously you'd give Man City the edge in terms of quality but given the situation and the fact the Liverpool often seem to rise to the big occassions at Anfield, I don't think Man City warrant being favourites. You may point to the 1-5 at Tottenham and 1-6 at Man United, but you've got to remember the context of thoose games. Think the opposition was foolish in both games and tried chasing the game too hard which then led to the big scoreline. Don't think this Liverpool team will make the same mistakes, you'd expect a close game but I've got a sneaking feeling that Liverpool will win this one.

All prices taken with Betfair. Bolton v Everton - LAY Everton @ 2.46 Everton have flattered to deceive at times this season, they struggled past a not very good Wolves side last weekend and their away form hasn't been that great this season. A win against Blackburn (who missed two penalties) and a late win against Fulham (after Zamora missed a glorious chance). I do still rate this Everton side they've got some undoubted quality but I don't rate their current form and with doubts over key players in Rodwell and Distin I think they are worth taking on against a Bolton side, despite their home form this season, are usually a tough opposition at the Reebok Stadium. West Brom v Tottenham - LAY West Brom @ 5.40 Tottenham really are flying at present, when they play well they win comfortably and they can seemingly grind out result when playing no where near the best. West Brom have injury doubts over Odemwingie & Long, without thoose two West Brom carry little goal threat and even if they are involved I find it difficult to see them beating this in-form Tottenham side. Arsenal v Fulham - LAY Over 3.5 goals @ 2.86 Unusual that I go for a unders goal market in an Arsenal game but I feel Arsenal have improved defensively recently and with Fulham seemingly carry little goal threat away from home I won't at all be surprised with a clean sheet for Arsenal here. Maybe slightly dangerous with Van Persie in such great form, but Arsenal come into this on the back of a European midweek game and I was find that can result in slow starts to the game. Fulham are usually happy to setback away from home and I think more than three goals is unlikely here. Liverpool v Man City - LAY Man City @ 2.70 May have missed a better price of laying Man City here but they have drifted quite a lot. Understandly so though they come into this game on the back of a tough away game and defeat in Naples, in contrast the Liverpool players will be fresh with no game midweek. The home side will also be high in confidence having beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last weekend. Obviously you'd give Man City the edge in terms of quality but given the situation and the fact the Liverpool often seem to rise to the big occassions at Anfield, I don't think Man City warrant being favourites. You may point to the 1-5 at Tottenham and 1-6 at Man United, but you've got to remember the context of thoose games. Think the opposition was foolish in both games and tried chasing the game too hard which then led to the big scoreline. Don't think this Liverpool team will make the same mistakes, you'd expect a close game but I've got a sneaking feeling that Liverpool will win this one.
Denman, great to see you back in the PL but a LAY of Everton (despite the absence of Distin) is surely self destructive! It's a game I personally would really like to avoid betting on altogether. Moyes eates those kinds of games for breakfast and so no value for me opposing the away side!