** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Premier Nov 26-27

aliando

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27

I was thinking of this last night and apart from the game against Bayern, City have scored in all of their games this season and usually way more than one! I'd expect liverpool to score at least 1 today but they were held to a 0-0 draw by swansea at home though created enough chances to get at least a goal. However with the best odds of Both teams to score at 4/6, I struggle to see any value. Over 2.5 is being offered at 11/12 by 32red. William hill has a nice offer on their website @ 2/1 for any team to score 3 or more. I think both these sides are good front runners and Man City can hit anyone for 3 goals if they play well. Like the game against Napoli, if liverpool take the lead, when man city push forwards they will give the opposition chances to break and is vulnerable at the back.
Yep I definitely gree with your viewpoint. for this match in particular, both teams to score seems like a no brainer, and while ur at it, theres also a good chance youd hit the Over 2.5 goals mark. another bet worth considering Man City to score 2 goals or more @ 2.26. I definitely see city putting one in the back of the net, and at 2.26 i think that is great value for city being able to stick another one in. As you've noted already, they never just score ONE goal.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Swansea v Aston Villa I don't normally make a habit of commenting on matches that don't involve my own team and even less on matches outside of our division as I like to deal with teams I have seen play and can understand first hand where a teams weaknesses and strengths lie. However, I have seen a bit of Aston Villa this season and I've studied this match somewhat this morning. Whilst the trends suggest a low scoring affair I disagree with this. I think Villas' bare form is a little mis-leading and they are a better outfit than they have been showing recently. I can't ignore their defensive problems but with Agbonlahor and Bent upfront and with N'Zogbia and Delph supporting they are going to be able to cause some problems today. There is no denying Swansea's ability to play good possession football however and I'm not entirely sure that Villa will be able to hold under the probing for 90 minutes. Therefore I'm going to suggest a few goals today. It will probably start as a cagey affair as Villa aren't going to want to concede and Swansea have a habit of conceding early goals, I'm sure Brendan Rodgers will be setting up to avoid this situation today. The bets that I'm going for today are; Both teams to score @ 1.91 2nd Half to be highest scoring @ 2.05 If anyone is having a look at throwing a low-odds accumulator together, over 1.5 goals @ 1.33 may be a selection they should look at adding. Odds with WilliamHills

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Swansea -0.25 AH @ 1.925 - Bet365 - 2/10 stakes Had to have a little play on Swansea today, mainly because of Villa' awful performance against Spurs the other night, as if they play anything like that again there in for another defeat. Villa are yet to win away in 6 attempts this season and i think this run may continue today. Alex Mcleish is likely to make changes from last Monday with the likes of Jenas and N'Zogbia coming in to the midfield. Swansea have been impressive at home so far this season, where they have only conceded 2 goals. Joe Allen should return for them today after a slight injury, i think he definatly adds some creativity to the midfield and fits in well with Swansea' passing game. Taken -0.25 for a little bit of cover, as Villa could well bounce back from the defeat earlier this week, however i thnk Swansea are more likely to take the points here.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Swansea Vs Villa Swansea have been in good form at home this season. Though suffered a first defeat of the season to Man Utd, they had chances to score. Villa looked extremely poor in recent weeks despite their early unbeaten start. Bent and Agbonlahor looks a decent partnership but have scored some cheap goals against weak defenses such as Wigan and Norwich. Swansea dont conceade many at home and have only conceaded 2 all season. Also with both Bent and Agbonlahor playing on the left wings, id expect Villa's attacks to be very much one sided and predictable without any real quality coming from the right. With Villa's sloppy and unspirited loss against tottenham last week, id expect nothing much to change from McLeishs side. The glory days of O'Neill and challenging for europe is long gone. I'd expect Villa to stay in the bottom half of the table and Swansea to finish above them. Swansea 6/5 10/10 Widely avaliable.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 4pts - Swansea v Villa over 2.5 goals @ 2.05 WilliamHill Swansea have only gone over 2 out of the last 6 at home. However they have only failed to score once in the last 4 and that was against Man Utd. Prior to that they scored, 3,2,3. Villa have gone over 3 out of the last 6 away. They have also failed to keep a clean sheet away since the opening day and have conceded 2,2,4,1,2 in their last 5 away games. We have 2 teams who should go into the game with the ambition of getting something out of it. Villa were awful against Spurs on Monday night and I feel they have to show more here - tbh it would be hard for them to be any worse. They have the strikers in Bent and Agbonlaor that can trouble any defence. However they have been very poor at the back and you just can't see them keeping a clean sheet. We only saw 3 of the 8 games go under yesterday with all three finishing with 2 goals. It seems like a very high scoring premier league this season and with odds above evens I will jump on.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Liverpool - Manchester City * Cold trend last 10 h2h * Hot form 2011 , Man City * Cold as Ice, Liverpool FC in 2011 H2H : 11.04.11 Liv - M City 3:0 (3:0) 23.08.10 M City - Liv 3:0 (1:0) 21.02.10 M City - Liv 0:0 (0:0) 21.11.09 Liv - M City 2:2 (0:0) 22.02.09 Liv - M City 1:1 (0:0) 05.10.08 M City - Liv 2:3 (2:0) 04.05.08 Liv - M City 1:0 (0:0) 30.12.07 M City - Liv 0:0 (0:0) 14.04.07 M City - Liv 0:0 (0:0) 25.11.06 Liv - M City 1:0 (0:0) Reccomended bet: Man City score goal in the first half @ 2.00 Sportingbet Back in 2003 last win Man City at Anfield. This season there are high chances to break the Anfield for City, they are different team, I think theyr goal is not Champions League (of course, wont make it last choice) but Premiership title. 5 wins one draw away , 12 wins - 1 draw - 0 loss stunning performance, so far. Liverpool a team that pay for the points lost with midlle table or outsiders from bottom - not something new at all. Be aware, Liverpool is Liverpool no matter players that play or changes this team always give theyr best against top clubs of the Premier League! From the past 10 visits at Anfield, M City scored 6 times. Three times scored more than once - this year City scored 42 times while L'pool 16 goals. Lol, referee now I saw.. Martin Atkinson (born 31 March 1971) This is crazy appointment. The guy previous season top on most red cards awarded (11) and penalties (14). So far, for the his stats 2011/12 : 3 penalties and 4 red cards :) Sending off? Yes @ 4.50 Betfair Penalty awarded ? Yes @ 3.35 Expekt Last time officiated Liverpool vs Everton, derby ended with red and penalty (1st October 2011). Referee Atkinson and his "big" games, local derbies: * 01.10.11 Everton - Liverpool - Red=1 ; Penalty=1 * 20.08.11 Arsenal - Liverpool - Red=1 ; Penalty=0 * 22.05.11 Fulham - Arsenal - Red=1 ; Penalty=0 * 20.04.11 Totenham - Arsenal - Red=0 ; Penalty=1 * 01.03.11 Chelsea - Man Utd - Red=1 ; Penalty=1 * 10.11.10 Chelsea - Fulham - Red=1 ; Penalty=0 * 15.08.10 Liverpool - Arsenal - Red=2 ; Penalty=0

4pts - Swansea v Villa over 2.5 goals @ 2.05 WilliamHill Swansea have only gone over 2 out of the last 6 at home. However they have only failed to score once in the last 4 and that was against Man Utd. Prior to that they scored, 3,2,3. Villa have gone over 3 out of the last 6 away. They have also failed to keep a clean sheet away since the opening day and have conceded 2,2,4,1,2 in their last 5 away games. We have 2 teams who should go into the game with the ambition of getting something out of it. Villa were awful against Spurs on Monday night and I feel they have to show more here - tbh it would be hard for them to be any worse. They have the strikers in Bent and Agbonlaor that can trouble any defence. However they have been very poor at the back and you just can't see them keeping a clean sheet. We only saw 3 of the 8 games go under yesterday with all three finishing with 2 goals. It seems like a very high scoring premier league this season and with odds above evens I will jump on.
Not even close with this. Awful game. :zzz

Swansea -0.25 AH @ 1.925 - Bet365 - 2/10 stakes Had to have a little play on Swansea today, mainly because of Villa' awful performance against Spurs the other night, as if they play anything like that again there in for another defeat. Villa are yet to win away in 6 attempts this season and i think this run may continue today. Alex Mcleish is likely to make changes from last Monday with the likes of Jenas and N'Zogbia coming in to the midfield. Swansea have been impressive at home so far this season, where they have only conceded 2 goals. Joe Allen should return for them today after a slight injury, i think he definatly adds some creativity to the midfield and fits in well with Swansea' passing game. Taken -0.25 for a little bit of cover, as Villa could well bounce back from the defeat earlier this week, however i thnk Swansea are more likely to take the points here.
Swansea - Villa has 0-0 written all over it after that first half. Swansea play some great football but have created next to nothing. Think Villa look more like edging it if anything....
Half stake returned, No cutting edge from either side. Lita maybe should have won it for Swansea but 0-0 was a fair result. Hope Manchester City can win now! would have liked to see Balotelli start considering he's got 9 goals in his last 10 games...

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Liverpool V Man City ink they will not be as fluid in midfield, and so could get outnumbered in midfield on occa Late one for me. Think Lucas and Adam will be under pressure in midfield today. With no Maxi or Bellamy, I think they will not be as fluid, and could get outnumbered in the middle on occasions. Lucas has been booked 5 times in the PL this season, but tellingly imo he has been carded in the crunch games vs Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. 2pts Lucas to be shown a card @3.0 - Betfair :hope

Swansea 6/5 10/10 Widely avaliable.
It was only after I placed the bet did I then hear of Gary Speed's death. No doubt this affected the players and especially the welsh crowd and was unusually quiet at the Liberty stadium. The odds the swansea did shorten towards this morning from 11/8 to about 23/20, but then drifted again back to as high as 1.35 near kick-off with 32red. Should have investigated the cause of the drift! Tribute to Gary Speed. Liverpool vs City Craig Bellamy has pulled out of the squad following Speed's death but this shouldnt affect this game as much as the one in Wales. I'd still expect a quality game and as said before, expect both sides to score. However at 4/6 there really isnt much value. Looking forward to this game, and I'd rate City as slight favourites but have been put as slight underdogs by the bookies. Though not much value, im going for: City 9/5 5/10 Squad sheets otherwise expected: Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Enrique, Skrtel, Henderson, Lucas, Downing, Adam, Suarez and Kuyt. City: Hart, Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Barry, Milner, Toure, Silva, Aguero, Nasri.

Liverpool - Manchester City H2H : 11.04.11 Liv - M City 3:0 (3:0) 23.08.10 M City - Liv 3:0 (1:0) 21.02.10 M City - Liv 0:0 (0:0) 21.11.09 Liv - M City 2:2 (0:0) 22.02.09 Liv - M City 1:1 (0:0) 05.10.08 M City - Liv 2:3 (2:0) 04.05.08 Liv - M City 1:0 (0:0) 30.12.07 M City - Liv 0:0 (0:0) 14.04.07 M City - Liv 0:0 (0:0) 25.11.06 Liv - M City 1:0 (0:0) Reccomended bet: Man City score goal in the first half @ 2.00 Sportingbet Referee Martin Atkinson (born 31 March 1971) The guy previous season top on most red cards awarded (11) and penalties (14). So far, for the his stats 2011/12 : 3 penalties and 4 red cards :) Sending off? Yes @ 4.50 Betfair Penalty awarded ? Yes @ 3.35 Expekt Referee Atkinson and his "big" games and local derbies: * 01.10.11 Everton - Liverpool - Red=1 ; Penalty=1 * 20.08.11 Arsenal - Liverpool - Red=1 ; Penalty=0 * 22.05.11 Fulham - Arsenal - Red=1 ; Penalty=0 * 20.04.11 Totenham - Arsenal - Red=0 ; Penalty=1 * 01.03.11 Chelsea - Man Utd - Red=1 ; Penalty=1 * 10.11.10 Chelsea - Fulham - Red=1 ; Penalty=0 * 15.08.10 Liverpool - Arsenal - Red=2 ; Penalty=0
Min 31 - Man City's V. Kompany scores to give his side a 1-0 lead at Anfield @ 2.00 Min 83 - He's off! Mario Balotelli is shown a second yellow card by the referee Atkinson @ 4.50

Liverpool V Man City ink they will not be as fluid in midfield, and so could get outnumbered in midfield on occa Late one for me. Think Lucas and Adam will be under pressure in midfield today. With no Maxi or Bellamy, I think they will not be as fluid, and could get outnumbered in the middle on occasions. Lucas has been booked 5 times in the PL this season, but tellingly imo he has been carded in the crunch games vs Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. 2pts Lucas to be shown a card @3.0 - Betfair :hope
Plenty of cards flying around, sadly Lucas kept his bib clean. Great performance by him BTW