** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England: Premier Nov 26-27

aliando

Saturday 26 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Stoke City v Blackburn Rovers (12:45 GMT) 1.82 3.65 5.4 100.86 %
maximize.gif Bolton Wanderers v Everton (15:00 GMT) 3.2 3.4 2.5 100.66 %
maximize.gif Chelsea v Wolverhampton Wanderers (15:00 GMT) 1.25 6.8 16.5 100.77 %
maximize.gif Manchester United v Newcastle United (15:00 GMT) 1.37 5.3 11 100.95 %
maximize.gif Norwich City v Queens Park Rangers (15:00 GMT) 2.26 3.5 3.5 101.39 %
maximize.gif Sunderland v Wigan Athletic (15:00 GMT) 1.73 3.9 5.7 100.99 %
maximize.gif West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur (15:00 GMT) 4.2 3.65 2 101.21 %
maximize.gif Arsenal v Fulham (17:30 GMT) 1.46 4.7 8.8 100.70 %
Sunday 27 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Swansea City v Aston Villa (13:30 GMT) 2.37 3.5 3.5 99.25 %
maximize.gif Liverpool v Manchester City (16:00 GMT) 3 3.5 2.54 101.27 %

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Liverpool - Man.City The price on Liverpool has already dropped and I expect it to drop further due to the fact that Man.City lost to Napoli yesterday. This season so far the citizens played against strong teams 3 times, they lost to B.Munich and Napoli away and destroyed Man.United at Old Trafford. But the Red Devils are not as good this season as they were last year. Liverpool on the other hand play good football against stronger teams. They beat Arsenal and Chelsea away and drew with Man.United at home. The Reds are in good form and will be very motivated after their win at Stamford Bridge and I can't see them losing to Man.City at Anfield at the moment. Liverpool DNB @ 2.15 (5 units) William Hill

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Mustafa I agree with your logic, my only concern/ question is... Craig Bellamy is he allowed to play? The welsh winger wizzard has looked in form last 2-3 games and knowing his attitude he will be right up for this match! Carroll looks a bit rusty but wasn't it the big lad who bagged a brace last season againt the sky blues... All I know is King Kenny didn't start Carroll for Chelsea game and likewise against City (even tougher defense) i'm guessing if Bellamy can play? He will start. Clichy and Richards will start for city due to their exceptional pace which should counter act Suarez and Bellamy. Game of the weekend in my opinion ( or Dortmund v Schalke?) and excited to see who comes out on top! Good Luck!:ok

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Bellamy is not on loan so if he is fit he will play, but unfortunately Steven Gerrard is still injured, but if they managed to beat Chelsea without him I don't see why they can't beat the Citizens at home. Another bet I like is Newcastle in some sort of handicap based on the fact that Man.United have plenty of missing players, including Rooney, Wellbeck and Anderson. I think Newcastle are overpriced @ 9.00-11.00 but to be fair they haven't won against Man.United in the last 10 games and only managed 3 draws.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Thanks Mustafa, i just checked and you are correct it was a full transfer! I am a Newcastle fan for my sins and I have taken them (+1.5) at 1.8 with Bet365 this weekend. Further to the above i have doubled this up with your Liverpool DNB at 2.00! Double Liverpool DNB evens Newcaslte (+1.5) 1.8 £5.00 stake £18.00 Maximum Return. :hope

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Putting a few early ones up: Swansea v Aston Villa Swansea suffered their first defeat at home last weekend at the hands of Man Utd. Still they have only conceded 2 at the liberty all season. They performed well against the champions last saturday and were worthy of a point. Villa however, looked completely out of place at WHL on Monday night. They were shockingly awful. They seem to be lost at the moment and have yet to win away from home this season. They have looked uninspiring on the road and I cannot see it changing at the Liberty on saturday where Swansea have turned it into a fortress. Swansea 11/8 Boylesports Arsenal v Fulham - Arsenal/Arsenal - HT/FT 11/10 Coral The Gunners are in good form, undefeated in 9. I fully expect them to go out all guns blazing against a Fulham side that are notoriously not good travellers. Arsenal have been grabbing early goals at home of late also which should give this bet a good edge.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Stoke vs Blackburn I never bet on my own team but Stoke look way overpriced at 1.82. Blackburn are in turmoil at the moment and the manager doesn't have any backing from the fans. Together with our inability to keep a clean sheet this season(not kept a single clean sheet) it is a recipe for disaster this season. Despite being on a bad run themselves, Stoke have a good record at home at Blackburn have lost every single away match at the Britannia in the PL. Blackburn have only one 1 PL game this season and that was because of Arsenal scoring 2 own goals. This is why I feel that 1.82 is way to high for Stoke, they should be about 1.5 IMO. Please note that I am not putting any money on this but if I wasn't a Blackburn fan, I would be placing my hard earned dosh on this.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 my bets will be Manchester UTD-Newcastle United -0.5 Lpool-Man City Lpool not to lose Arsenal_fulham Arsenal -0.5 United have pretty good home form despite match against City.Anyway they are on winnig strike again.They have no injured players or at least not injured major players except Danny Welbeck who's missing is doubtfull.Berbatov showed that he is in excellent form against Benfica.Most likely he will take aprt in Saturday's match.Newcastle lost their first Premier league mathc this season against City.I am sure that united will beat them too.Missing players in Newcastle squad will be Leon Best,Gabriel Obertan and Marveaux. pick:-0.5 Lpool on the other hand have no lose on Anfield against City 8 matches in a row.They managed to beat Chelsea in London.They wont play in the midweek while City lost in Italy against Napoli with their first and i think they will be more or less tired.Despite this lose City are in good form but i don't think they can keep this Tuesday-Saturday schedule long.There are no key misses in City's squad while Gerrard is missing at Anfield.Anyway statistic shows that Lpool won't lose this derby match at home. pick:Lpool not to lose Last match in my combo is Arsenal-Fulham.Home team last lose at Emirates at end of August.They are very good home team and i am pretty sure they will prove that Wednesday's evening against Dortmund.Van persie is on fire.Fulham on the other hand are not the best visitors and against a big team which is in pretty good shape like Arsenal i think they have no chance.Thursday they will travel to visit Twente in Europe League.Fulham will paly with their best players without saving them for Arsenal's away match.I am sure that they won'y be capable of taking something neither in Holland nor at Emirates. Pick-Arsenal -0.5:ok

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 A few folk opposing City though I am going against the grain and feel that if Citys price stays where it is at the moment I will be more than happy to take it at the weekend. Yes they lost in Naples but as has been highlighted many times in this forum, European and domestic form aren't neccesarily linked. Their domestic form has been virtually flawless and I don't agree with the midweek game argument, 5 days between Naples and Liverpool and a big squad like Citys won't be feeling the effects of that. Liverpool have been up and down in the league so far this year, yes they won at the Bridge and Goodison but they also dropped points at home to Norwich and Swansea. Early days but Man City win @ 2.64 with Betfair looks tasty.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27

A few folk opposing City though I am going against the grain and feel that if Citys price stays where it is at the moment I will be more than happy to take it at the weekend. Yes they lost in Naples but as has been highlighted many times in this forum, European and domestic form aren't neccesarily linked. Their domestic form has been virtually flawless and I don't agree with the midweek game argument, 5 days between Naples and Liverpool and a big squad like Citys won't be feeling the effects of that. Liverpool have been up and down in the league so far this year, yes they won at the Bridge and Goodison but they also dropped points at home to Norwich and Swansea. Early days but Man City win @ 2.64 with Betfair looks tasty.
Agreewith this 100%. City lost to Naples, which is good news as people will suddenly back Liverpool and the odds on ManC will stay good. Liverpool's form is shaky and we can't really say that Kenny's revolution is bringing any effect - they will probably stay out of CL places for the foreseeable future. In fact, their home record is 2-4-0. To me this suggest taking Man City on DNB at 1.73 with William Hill.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Hello could someone help me out? I've just switched from Bwin (who used European Handicaps) to bet365 who use Asian handicaps - could someone please explain the difference - In the Arsenal vs. Fulham game, the asian handicap -1,-1.5 is at 2.07 - what does this mean? I am used to a single handicap due to my bet 365 history. From my understand Arsenal need to win by 2 goals or more to win my stake and if they were to win by 1 goal my stake would be refunded. I think I have only explained a -1 Asian Handicap - that I understand (I think :\ ) but I don't understand the -1.5 line which seems to be combined with the -1handicap I am most likely wrong and would love someone to explain it to me please :)

Hello could someone help me out? I've just switched from Bwin (who used European Handicaps) to bet365 who use Asian handicaps - could someone please explain the difference - In the Arsenal vs. Fulham game, the asian handicap -1,-1.5 is at 2.07 - what does this mean? I am used to a single handicap due to my bet 365 history. From my understand Arsenal need to win by 2 goals or more to win my stake and if they were to win by 1 goal my stake would be refunded. I think I have only explained a -1 Asian Handicap - that I understand (I think :\ ) but I don't understand the -1.5 line which seems to be combined with the -1handicap I am most likely wrong and would love someone to explain it to me please :)
Basically a -1, -1.5 line means that you are placing half your stake on -1 and the other half on -1.5, so almost treat it as 2 seperate bets. For example, say arsenal win 1-0, half your stake will be returned the other half will lose However if the game is 2-0 both your whole bet is a winner you'll often see people writing it as -1.25 AH on here

Basically a -1, -1.5 line means that you are placing half your stake on -1 and the other half on -1.5, so almost treat it as 2 seperate bets. For example, say arsenal win 1-0, half your stake will be returned the other half will lose However if the game is 2-0 both your whole bet is a winner you'll often see people writing it as -1.25 AH on here
If the game finishes 2-0 wouldn't the second part of my bet - the -1.5 line be returned and not won? Thanks though - I think I am grasping the concept

If the game finishes 2-0 wouldn't the second part of my bet - the -1.5 line be returned and not won? Thanks though - I think I am grasping the concept
No it would win. As the score after taking into account the handicap would be Arsenal 0.5 - 0 Fulham. You dont have to win by a clear goal with a handicap. If you place £10 on Arsenal -1, -1.5 AH @ 2.07 and they win by MORE than 1 goal the bet will return £20.07 If Arsenal win by 1 goal your return would be £5. And if they dont win, it would return nothing.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Seems to be a lot of value on offer this week after barely any bets for me last weekend: Tottenham -0.5 @ 2.00, 2 points Tottenham are in great form at the moment, I'm surprised they're evens to win against a WBA team which has struggled against the more quality opponents this season. Wolves +1.5,+2.0 @ 1.975, 1 point Cheasea have looked weak in their last few games and threw away points in the Champs League this week softly. While Wolves are poor this season, they tend to lose to small margins (1 goal in most games, and only 2 against Man City). I think they will stand up to a limp Chelsea attack and could force a draw. Newacstle +1,+1.5 @ 2.00, 1 point Man United have been terrible recently, which pains me to say as a fan. Ever since Norwich and Stoke we have been limping along dropping points against weak opposition. Newcastle are solid at the back and could have got a lot more out of the Man City game if they had taken their chances early on. This won't be an easy game for Man United and most likely only 1 goal will decide it. QPR 0,+0.5 @2.025, 1 point I've been really impressed with QPR this season, especially Joey Barton's new beginning. Norwich can't park the bus at home (a-la-Stoke City) and I think them earning a draw will be tough enough here. At +0.5 I feel this will definately pay out and would be surprised if QPR don't win outright. Man City @6/4, 2 points Doesn't need much explaining really. City at anything remotely close to evens is a must buy! While they have struggled in Europe, City have stormed all opposition domestically aside from their blip against mighty fulham. I think Liverpool are riding a wave of hype after their lackluster win against a flailing Chelsea side. They will struggle with the quality of City in the midfield and the no-nonsense approach of Kompany and De Jong should shut Suarez out. Upset Threefold: Wolves Newcastle Man City 0.5 points @ 300/1 This is just my interesting small stakes punt for the weekend. As reasoned above really, Wolves and Newcastle have good chances for upsets and are priced far too high. City isn't so much an upset in the usual sense, but it will upset the deluded fans and punters who believe Liverpool could possibly match up to City this year. Best of Luck and enjoy!:hope

my bets will be Manchester UTD-Newcastle United -0.5 Lpool-Man City Lpool not to lose Arsenal_fulham Arsenal -0.5 United have pretty good home form despite match against City.Anyway they are on winnig strike again.They have no injured players or at least not injured major players except Danny Welbeck who's missing is doubtfull.Berbatov showed that he is in excellent form against Benfica.Most likely he will take aprt in Saturday's match.Newcastle lost their first Premier league mathc this season against City.I am sure that united will beat them too.Missing players in Newcastle squad will be Leon Best,Gabriel Obertan and Marveaux.
United's home form isn't as good as previous seasons, they will also be missing Rooney from the noise being made round OT. Despite scroing Berbatov didn't look up to much on Tuesday and is lacking match practice. I'd be very wary of backing United this weekend as the odds are far too short for how poor we've been.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Sunderland look too short at home to Wigan, had them on my shortlist but bloody hell, was expecting closer to 1.90-2.10. As it is they are available at anywhere between 1.6-1.72 which isn't good enough to me. Mind you I wouldn't be jumping on Wigan handicaps, as I think they are very poor this season and destined to go down. Would expect Sunderland to win this one. Interested in a few right now: * Over 2.5 in Norwich vs QPR...........potential for a good game here, QPR have been scoring freely enough in recent weeks and I believe both sides will view this as winnable and will attack. * I think the odds are fair in the Liverpool/City game, if Liverpool hit 3.00 or above which they have often been in certain big games over the last 18 months I'd probably play a handicap. Something tells me it's just too obvious to take Liverpool in this one. * Maybe Spurs to bt WBA away, Spurs on a great run, best players healthy. * I also think we'll beat Fulham at home, but I have a feeling we may make one or two changes after a draining game last night vs Dortmund. Wouldnt be shocked to see RVP starting from the bench. Anyway, will wait for team news tomorrow on certain games.

United's home form isn't as good as previous seasons, they will also be missing Rooney from the noise being made round OT. Despite scroing Berbatov didn't look up to much on Tuesday and is lacking match practice. I'd be very wary of backing United this weekend as the odds are far too short for how poor we've been.
Man utd simply cannot afford to lose more points especially at home against high flying Newcastle.Newcastle have no win at Old Trafford since 1986 year before Sir Alex became Manchester's coach.I predict easy win 2:0.I am pretty sure this is sure bet as far as one bet can be sure.:D

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Manu are still fragile imo , they lack confidence , it took them 30 mins to have a shot on tuesday night. Thier defending looks nervous.Newcastle will bring some good support. I am laying manu at 1.43 , as team news comes through there could be some good movement. the real value tho is 9/1 newcastle which should drop as the geordies lap that up. correct score 0-0 15/1 Fingers crossed

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Its not very often i get involved in the Prem but got a couple of picks for the weekend Wolves +1.5, +2 AH @ 1.975 - Bet365 - 3/10 stakes This bet is obviously more about laying Chelsea than backing Wolves here. AVB is obviously under alot of pressure at the minute and its starting to show. With reasonably poor showings against Arsenal and Liverpool and the loss in the CL last night, i cant see where a thrashing of Wolves is going to come from, even though they are more than capable of it. Its no secret that Chelsea's defence isnt all that at the minute and i'd back Wolves to score meaning that Chelsea would need to get atleast 4 for me to lose all my stake, I think its a risk worth taking. I think i'm also right in saying Wolves generally do okay against the top teams.. i remember them getting results agaisnt Utd and my lot Spurs in the past, and they seemed to fare okay against City in the league a couple of weeks ago. Man City +0AH @ 1.975 - Bet365 - 4/10 stakes Prior to City's loss in Napoli i was planning on backing them on an outright win but i'm going to play this one cautiously. Man City have looked pretty unstoppable in the PL so far this season, i'm not sure that many will have imagined they would be 5 points clear after 12 games. Liverpool on the other hand have been hit and miss, great victories over Arsenal and Chelsea on one hand, and a thrashing from Spurs and failure to beat 2 of the promoted sides on the other. My slight concern of City is they have conceded a few goals away from home thus far (2 at Bolton, QPR and Fulham) but how much of a problem is this when you can put 3+ past most teams? :lol I'm also well aware of the 3-0 beating Liverpool dished out at Anfield back in April. However i'm sure tuesdays CL dissapointment is a big enough motivation to bounce back with 3 points here. As for Liverpool, i think they lack a consistant goalscorer, Suarez is about the nearest thing they have, but he cannot be relied on. I think i'm right in saying they will be without Steven Gerrard which must be a loss too. Overall i think City will edge this one, 2-1 perhaps... As for my team spurs, its obviously a no bet for me but i would be a little cautious in backing them. We are playing the best football i have seen any spurs side play at home, but away we can be abit vunerable and if you've seen our last 2 away games at Blackburn and Fulham you'll probably know what i mean, however saying that a good side can win without playing well so long may it continue :lol GL to all this weekend :hope

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Arsenal - Fulham Arsenal are in really good form at the moment. Since they have secured top spot in their Champions League group they can now focus on the Premier League. It looks like this season there will be interesting fight for the 3rd and 4th places between Tottenham, Newcastle, Liverpool and Arsenal and it is a must for each of this side to pick up as much points as possible especially at home. Fulham only managed 2 wins this season, including 1 away win against bottom placed Wigan. Moreover, Arsenal have a good record against Fulham winning 4 out of 5 games with 1 game finishing in a goalless draw. Odds on Arsenal are good but since their front line is so good I can see them winning by more than one goal. However, it is likely that Van Persie will start on the bench and since they have a Carling Cup game against Man.City next week I will take some insurance in case the Gunners only win by 1 goal. Arsenal -1 AH @ 1.75 (5 units) Bet365

Man utd simply cannot afford to lose more points especially at home
They also didn't afford to loose points in the last Champion's league game with Benfica. Now they will risk qualifying in the next stages as they need to beat(or at least draw with) Basel away, a team that they did not manage to beat at home. So the whole 'they can't afford' reason unfortunately doesn't seem to count anymore. Considering their poor form I see a draw written all over this weekend's game. I would recommend staying away from this one.
Arsenal v Fulham - Arsenal/Arsenal - HT/FT 11/10 Coral.
I totally agree with this one. It looks like a pretty sure bet. Another good bet I'm thinking about is: Liverpool - Man City - Both teams to score: 1.67 @ Gamebookers. It could go both ways but I see a lot of goals in this game. Whenever Man City plays, a lot of goals are scored. They have great attack. Their defense however is poor..both QPR and Wolves managed to score 2 goals against them so I can definitely see Liverpool scoring. Based on these statistics and also based on last games from these 2 teams, I think both team will score at least a goal.

They also didn't afford to loose points in the last Champion's league game with Benfica. Now they will risk qualifying in the next stages as they need to beat(or at least draw with) Basel away, a team that they did not manage to beat at home. So the whole 'they can't afford' reason unfortunately doesn't seem to count anymore. Considering their poor form I see a draw written all over this weekend's game. I would recommend staying away from this one. I totally agree with this one. It looks like a pretty sure bet. Another good bet I'm thinking about is: Liverpool - Man City - Both teams to score: 1.67 @ Gamebookers. It could go both ways but I see a lot of goals in this game. Whenever Man City plays, a lot of goals are scored. They have great attack. Their defense however is poor..both QPR and Wolves managed to score 2 goals against them so I can definitely see Liverpool scoring. Based on these statistics and also based on last games from these 2 teams, I think both team will score at least a goal.
United's record against Newcastle speaks for itself! Have been playing poor, but have still only lost 1 match in the whole season... Also before the Benfica match, United kept 5 clean sheets on the bounce, no sign of a crisis in defence there! Vidic playing will make a huge difference also, United are a different team without him.. Also have to factor in United played Benfica without Rooney and Vidic!

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 I'm also considering trying an experiment with exact score for Arsenal - Fulham by betting 1 unit on the following scores @ Gamebookers: 2:0 6.00 2:1 8.00 3:0 10.00 3:1 13.00 I don't see a slim win here by Arsenal with 1-0, I'm pretty sure they'll score at least 2 goals. Arsenal did not score more then 3 goals at home for a long long time (last time was a 5-0 with Leyton in FA cup) so I'm pretty sure the score will be one of the above. Either bet would bring a profit of 2 up to 9 units. Any thoughts on these types of bets?

Seems to be a lot of value on offer this week after barely any bets for me last weekend: QPR 0,+0.5 @2.025, 1 point I've been really impressed with QPR this season, especially Joey Barton's new beginning. Norwich can't park the bus at home (a-la-Stoke City) and I think them earning a draw will be tough enough here. At +0.5 I feel this will definately pay out and would be surprised if QPR don't win outright.
No Barton this weekend, suspended.

I'm also considering trying an experiment with exact score for Arsenal - Fulham by betting 1 unit on the following scores @ Gamebookers: 2:0 6.00 2:1 8.00 3:0 10.00 3:1 13.00 I don't see a slim win here by Arsenal with 1-0, I'm pretty sure they'll score at least 2 goals. Arsenal did not score more then 3 goals at home for a long long time (last time was a 5-0 with Leyton in FA cup) so I'm pretty sure the score will be one of the above. Either bet would bring a profit of 2 up to 9 units. Any thoughts on these types of bets?
So, the best case scenario Arsenal win 3-1 and your profit is 9 units, but personally correct score markets will lose you money in the long run. What if Arsenal start really good and score 4 goals, you will lose 4 units. But since Arsenal are on a good run it is hard to find any decent bets on them against Fulham, but if you want to do correct score then good luck.

Re: England: Premier Nov 26-27 Every club is giving 100% at this stage of the season , there is no cant afford to lose, everyone just does thier best. Newcastles best will be to keep things tight and get at least one point. It will not be easy for manu. They may have to open up and that could be thier undoing. Newcastle have finished in champions league places 6 times(runners up 3) plus 3 top sevens since prem started and Alan Pardew will be a hero if he achieves it. They are a huge club and wont give in easily. Famous last words:unsure

Guys' date=' do you have some info about WBA - Tottenham game? I already played Tottenham, do they have a great chance of winning?[/quote'] Of course Spurs have a good chance of winning. They've won 8 and drawn 1 of there last nine games!!! Personally i'm always weary of us in away games, we never seem to control the game like we do at home. I'd say 10/11 or whatever the current price is, is slightly short but thats my opinion. Oh and as far as injury news goes, its just long term absentees Dawson, Huddlestone and Kranjcar that are out. For West Brom, i think i heard somewhere Shane Long picked up a knock against Bolton, if this is true then WB could be pretty short up front with Odemwinge still out and Fortune going to Donny today