** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NFL Week Ten Picks

AGurv

NFL 2011-2012 Overall 14W-12L-1P -0.33 units (53.84%) Raiders +7 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes This is probably a lose, lol. But the Chargers just have not played enough to say to me that they can easily beat this Raiders team. I think the Raiders defense makes this close, and I'll just pray to god Carson throws just 1 INT.

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks San Diego -13.5 @ 2.90 centrebet San Diego, Kansas and Oakland are all 4-4 in their divsion so anyone can take it. Rivers has thrown for 369 yards and 2 TDs against Kansas, as well as 385 yards on Green Bay for 4 TDs and 3 INTs. For all his good work, the INTs have been costly, however doubt that it happens here. Firstly, with Mathews back to run the ball, and Tolbert's good effort against the Packers, expect their to be much mroe running of the ball, as Denver were able to run for 299 yards on Oakland last week, and these two should be able to pound the ball on them. Secondly, by having the Oakland on the back foot, it opens up the secondary for Rivers to find Jackson and Gates, so these will find themselves open, as long as Rivers is accurate, this Raiders defence will give up yards and points. On defence, while SD gave up 4 passing TDs they only gave up 247 passing yards to the best QB in the league this year. So with Palmer still finding his feet in his new team, them this pass defence that gives up 192 yards per game, should be able to limit them, especially as Palmer has given up 6 INTs in his last 2 games. Also the rush defence gives up 120 yards per game, and there is no McFadden that they are up against, which showed as they had just 100 rushing yards against Denver, and this should give them even more reason to believe that they can hold Oakland on the ground. SD should be even more focused to get their season back on track even with 3 losses in a row as they are still in contention to win the AFC West and like them to do so here Record: 27-35 (+1.51)

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks Just a couple of things... ...Denver ran for 299 last week using the 'College' QB option...hardly your standard pound the ball... [Which is also bad news for Denver this week, but that's another story! :D ] ...and Bush has gone for 96 and 99 v. Denver/KC last 2 weeks, who are both better than SD at stopping the run. Won't get to post again before game time, but I reckon I'll be on Bush over 77.5, and possible Rivers over as well, given Oakland have big problems in the secondary. Could be a high scoring game, and I reckon Oakland keep it close...

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks SD -10.5 , 2.45 5dimes , 10units ( SD : OAK ) : yards per game 407:372 ; yards per game allowed 312:387 ; points per game 25:23 ; points per game allowed 26:27. Passing leaders ( SD : OAK ) : TDs 11:3 , intercepted passes 14:6. Rushing leaders ( SD : OAK ) : TDs 7:7. Receiving leaders ( SD : OAK ) : TDs 7:3. Injured players for SD : Luis Castillo DE Tibia , Kris Dielman G Concussion ( both out ) , Malcom Floyd WR Hip , Shaun Phillips LB Foot ( both doubtful ). Injured players for OAK : Jason Campbell QB Collarbone , Chris Johnson CB Groin , Darren McFadden RB Foot , DeMarcus Van Dyke CB Hamstring ( all out ) , Michael Huff S Ankle , Sebastian Janikowski K left Hamstring , Chinedum Ndukwe S Knee , Samson Satele C Knee , Khalif Barnes T Shoulder , Chimdi Chekwa CB Hamstring , Rolando McClain LB Ankle , Michael Mitchell S Ankle , Richard Seymour DT Ankle ( all questionable ). Besides the injury problems for OAK , they are still the underdogs here. Both teams have many problems with their QBs giving away far too many interceptions. But SD is at home. They are the 4th best passing offense and 4th best passing defense despite all the interceptions. Their running play both defensive and offensive is about average. OAK have very good rushing offense but everything else for them is average or well below average. I'm paying close attention on their passing defense and thinking they can not hold SD under 14 points advantage at the end of this game.

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks Michael Bush over 77.5 rushing yards @ 1.85 VCbet Carson Palmer over 220.5 passing yards @ 1.87 Bodog I see this as being a fairly offensive match and the Raiders are going to have to keep up with the chargers offensively here. I see them doing this both on the ground and in the air. The Chargers can be ran on, that’s for sure and there will be some gaps for Bush to exploit in this game. He’s done well the last couple of weeks, coming close to 100 yards when being the main RB. I think he will break the 3 figure mark tonight and rush around 110-120. Palmer has thrown a lot of interceptions recently so I think initially the Raiders will look to run it, but inevitably they will have to surely throw eventually. I see the Chargers leading in the 2nd half and them having to play catch up a bit, especially in the 4th quarter that’s when some cheap Palmer yards should be picked up and I see him throwing more than 220. Last week despite 3 interceptions and them having the lead for a lot of the game he managed 332. Whilst I don’t see him doing this here, the line looks a little low, I’d say something around 250 is realistic. Mike Tolbert over 70.5 rushing & receiving yards @ 1.87 Bodog Matthews is back tonight and in normal circumstances he would get more carries. However, I am always wary of RBs coming back after injury, especially when he missed a game only 4 days ago. They aren’t going to take risks on him unless they need to, and towards the end of the match if they are in a good position he might be rested. My personal prediction is a time sharing scheme between him and Tolbert, but even if Matthews does get more carries Tolbert is capable of covering this line. He’s the 3rd down back so will likely pick up a few smaller dink passes which he an hopefully capitalise on. Tolbert is usually good for at least 25 receiving yards, so hopefully hercan push towards 40 of them here. I think he can get about 60 on the ground and about 35 receiving, so a line of 70.5 looks coverable in this one and a bit low. Best of luck everyone tonight :ok

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks Saints pick to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Man I'm really not liking these early games. I have the Falcons in a future to win the SB, and frankly I've given up on them. I really dont think they are that great of a team. The away team has won the last 3 in this series. Falcons are 2-1 at home. One of those games they won was the Panthers and the other was the Eagles. You could argue the Eagles should have won that game. I think it's to the Saints advantage they are coming off a tough game while the Falcons are coming off an easy one.

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks SL @ Cleve under 37 (1.95 @ PP) Browns again without Hillis and Massaquoi...they've topped 17 just one time as it is, v. Indi who are awful (as are SL) but Hillis 2 TD's, and Massaquoi their leading receiver... ...SL have topped 16 one time all year, v. NO at home, who are worse than awful v. the run. Browns control the ground in a stinker. Dallas v. Buff under 48 (1.95 @ PP) League: 3-15-1 (Av. total 40.3...av. score 32.0!) any dog off a 14+ SU & ats loss as home (-3 to +3) with

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks Jacobs under 60.5 rush (1.83 @ LAds) Av's under his opp's ypc every single game, and now faces SF who give up 3.5 and just 1 run over 20 all season... Flacco over 230.5 (1.83 @ Lads) Mentioned it a couple of weeks back, he's faced some very strong pass D's...Seattle ain't one of them. Moore under 225.5 (1.86 @ 365) I got limitted to a relatively low stake, but 220.5 @ 1.83 (Lads) is available as well... ...Just not a strong passing team against a pretty good pass D in Washington. Just looks to be 10-15 yards too high... Romo over 255.5 (1.83 @ Lads) He's also faced a lot of good D's, and topped this number last week v. Seattle who are better v. the pass than the Bills. Bills have also been torched by the only 3 decent passing theams they've faced. Good Luck guys. :cheers

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks San Diego -13.5 @ 2.90 :( What a rubbish team to find ways to contiue to lose a game Record: 27-36 (+0.51) New Orleans -6.5 @ 2.85 centrebet NO average 319 passing yards and 126 rushing yards per game, as they have scored 27+ points in 6 of their 9 games. While Atlanta allow 97 rushing yards per game, they do have their problems defending the pass, as they allow 245 yards per game. QB Brees has average over 300 yards per game in his last 10 meetings with Atlanta, as they have won 8 of them, while also winning 4 of their last 5 visits to Atlanta. NO are similar to Green Bay who came to Atlanta and beat them 25-14 as Rodgers threw for 396 yards and 2 TDs while they ran for just 57 yards. While Atlanta have improved of late, winning their last 3 games, still not convinced they are as good as they were last year as they average 228 passing yards and 119 rushing yards per game, while NO allows 228 passing yards and 120 rushing yards per game. While RB Turner has ran for 100+ yards in these last 3 games, QB Ryan continues to be inconsistent, and can see him giving up an INT or two here. Carolina -9.5 @ 2.85 centrebet Carolina should have a better record than what they have as they have been unlucky to just miss out in some of their games. They should be rested after the bye and like QB Newton to continue his good form as the team has averaged 286 passing yards and 130 rushing yards per game, and scored 21+ points in 6 of 8 games this season. Tennessee allows 232 passing yards and 127 rushing yards per game, and have allowed 24+ in their 3 losses of their last 4 games. Carolina's defence allows 226 passing yards and 133 rushing yards per game but Tennessee have struggled to get their offence going, as they average 240 passing yards and 70 rushing yards per game. With an extra week to prepare, like this Carolina defence to contain the Tennessee offence that has scored 17 points or less in 5 of their 8 games. Buffalo -2.5 @ 3.15 centrebet Buffalo averages 234 passing yards and 135 rushing yards per game, and though Dallas allows 233 passing yards and 102 rushing yards per game, but they allowed 279 passing yards and 239 rushing yards in the 34-7 loss to the Eagles, and allowed 221 passing yards and 162 rushing yards in the 23-13 win over Seattle. Though Buffalo are coming off a poor performance themselves, they have scored 23+ points in 6 of their 8 games. Dallas averages 280 passing yards and 121 rushing yards per game and they should do well against this Buffalo defence that allows 260 passing yards and 121 rushing yards per game. But they do turn over the ball, and Buffalo have won 5 of their 8 games due to winning the turnover battle. See Dallas much like San Diego, who have all the weapons on offence, but struggle to put it together to record wins on a consistent basis. Like the upset here. Jacksonville -9.5 @ 2.90 centrebet The Jags average 124 passing yards and 119 rushing yards per game, but believe QB Gabbert will finally do well here on a Colts defence that allows 260 passing yards as well as 146 rushing yards per game. Expect a heavy dose of Jones-Drew running the ball and wearing down this defence that has allowed at least 23 points in each of its 9 games this season. The Jags have a good secondary that allows 197 passing yards but does allow 146 rushing yards per game, and while that is a concern, they are facing a struggling Colts offence that averages 183 passing yards and 100 rushing yards per game, and has scored 17 points or less in 6 of their 9 games this season. The Jags have struggled in the past against the Colts, but this is a very good opportunity for them to make up some of their losses in past games and give themselves a rare win over them Denver -3.5 @ 2.85 centrebet Denver may average 171 passing yards and 148 rushing yards for the season but they are a much better side with Tebow at QB, as his ability to pass as well as run the ball give them more options on offence. Like him to continue on from his good performance last week where he passed for 124 yards and 2 TDs while also running for 118 yards in the 38-24 win over Oakland. Kansas allows 251 passing yards and 120 rushing yards, as they have allowed 20+ points in 6 of their 8 games this season. Kansas averages 190 passing yards and 123 rushing yards per game, while Denver allows 258 passing yards and 116 rushing yards per game, so they will like their chances of scoring on Denver, but the Broncos have won their last two road games, and their defence is creating tunovers and getting to the QB. Like them to do enough on both sides of the ball to edge this Houston -9.5 @ 2.90 centrebet Houston averages 238 passing yards and 155 rushing yards per game, and expect Foster and Tate to pound the ball and soften this TB defence that allows 267 passing yards and 132 rushing yards per game. They have scored 23+ points in 6 of their 9 games while TB have allowed 24+ points in 4 of their 8 games, which includes 3 of their last 4 games. Houston's defence is very good as they allow just 183 passing yards and 91 rushing yards per game, while TB's offence averages 245 passing yards and 98 rushing yards per game. Houston has allowed 14 points or less in 6 of their 9 games including their last 3 games while TB have scored 20 points or less in 5 of their 8 games including 3 of their last 4 games. Like this Houston defence to contain TB while their own offence does well in gaining yardage and points.

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks Pittsburgh -4 The steelers are coming off a tough loss vs their biggest rival. They usually bounce back in these type of games. The Bengals have been a pleasant surprise but their resume isn't that impressive beating the Bills, and colts and road wins @seattle, jacksonville, cleveland, and tennessee. All these teams are soft except for the Jags whom should've beaten the Jags and they're extremely limited offensively. The Bengals have won physicality wearing teams down but i don't see this happening vs the Steelers and i see the Bengals struggling to keep up with all the Steeler wrs. Andy Dalton is still a rookie and he hasn't a Dick Lebeau defense yet.

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks NYG +4 Huge game in the NFC. The 49ers have been winning with defense, however they've played mostly offenses that lack a passing game, which has led these teams to play right into their defense's hands (e.g. Bengals, Redskins, Browns, Seahawks). While passing teams like the Cowboys and balanced attacks like the Eagles have had success moving the ball on them. They did win @Detroit but the Lions had a bit of let down after their first Monday night game in a decade. The 49ers don't really blow anyone except that Bucs game, Eli's playing the best football of his career and i still don't trsut Alex Smith once he gets out of his game manager role

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks New England -2.5 @2.30 bet365 The Pats are desperate here can they really lose 3 in a row? The Jets are playing great but they 've been getting teams in good spots like the bills after the bye, the Chargers with phillip rivers playing the arguably the worst game of his career and the dolphins with matt moore making his first start. Much is talked about the pats defense but they've done well vs the jets and sanchez over the years. The pats dominated the first meeting this season outgaining the jets 446 to 255 and 26 to 14 in first downs. The pats had good success running in the first meeting and if that happens again they should win going away.

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks New Orleans -6.5 @ 2.85 :( Carolina -9.5 @ 2.85 :( Buffalo -2.5 @ 3.15 :( Jacksonville -9.5 @ 2.90 :D Denver -3.5 @ 2.85 :D Houston -9.5 @ 2.90 :D Record: 30-39 (+3.16) Green Bay -20.5 @ 3.35 centrebet GB look to continue their unbeaten run against one of their divisional rivals who they beat 33-27 a few weeks ago on the road, where Rodgers had 335 passing yards and 3 TDs while they ran for 114 yards, and allowed Minnesota to gain 219 yards as QB Ponder had 2 TDs and 2 INTs, as well as 218 rushing yards. GB led 33-17 going into the 4th quarter where they eased off and allowed 10 points to them to make the scoreline more respectable. GB averages 312 passing yards and 104 rushing yards per game, as QB Rodgers has had a great season so far, and like him to continue to find an array of receivers as Minnesota allowed 274 passing yards and 94 rushing yards per game. They have scored 30+ points in 5 of 8 games, and scored 42 points on New Orleans, 49 points on Denver and 24 points (all in the first half against St Louis in their 3 home games so far, so they do manage to score plenty of points at home. Minnesota has allowed 24+ points in 5 of their 8 games, and had allowed 39 points at Chicago, 33 points to GB and 21 points at Carolina in their last 3 games prior to their bye. Minnesota averages 182 passing yards and 150 rushing yards per game, while GB allows 300 passing yards and 100 rushing yards per game. GB now get a second look at Ponder, who went 13 for 32 pass completions against GB, and doubt that they will allow themselves to get burnt early like they did a few weeks ago. Though they give up passing yards, they have the ability to make INTs and believe they will make it hard for Ponder to make his throws. RB peterson is a concern for them as he has been able to consistently play well against them, but if the GB manage to kick out to a big early lead then Minnesota, like many other teams before them, will have to rely on the passing game to get them back in the game. Like Rodgers and his WRs to pick apart this injury riddled Minnesota secondary, while like their rush defence to put some stops on Peterson, and if they do, doubt that Ponder, playing on Monday night and at Lamnbeau Field, has the poise and determination to lead them to a win. Because of the rivalry between these two sides, doubt that the Packers will slow down their scoring and like them to win this very well.

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks GB -19.5 , 3.00 WilliamHill , 10units ( GB : MIN ) : yards per game 416:333 ; yards per game allowed 400:368 ; points per game 34:22 ; points per game allowed 22:25. Passing leaders ( GB : MIN ) : TDs 24:3 , intercepted passes 3:2. Rushing leaders ( GB : MIN ) : TDs 1:10. Receiving leaders ( GB : MIN ) : TDs 11:3. Injured players for GB : Mike Neal DE Knee , Chad Clifton T Hamstring , Frank Zombo LB Hamstring ( all out ). Injured players for MIN : Chris Cook CB Not Injury Related , Anthony Herrera G Knee ( both out ). Both teams are weak defending pass play , and both teams are good at offensive pass play. GB are saying thye will play their best defensive game this season , and I have no doubt they will score at least 5 TDs so the choice is clear, huge win for GB.

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks

Sport NFL
Event Green Bay Packers - Minnesota Vikings
Selection Green Bay Packers -12 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 14/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.91
Reasoning Green Bay are in incredible fit this season they continue undefeated with eight win of eight games played so far. Three of these eight games they played at home three good win 42-34 against the Saints, 49-23 against Broncos, 24-3 against Rams so Green Bay is my favourit today. On the other hand Minnesota is going today after six loss in total eight games played so far, they hold 1-3 record on the road the one win came against Panthers but I don't think Vikings have quality to make something memorable today. If Packers play aggressive today this should be another easy home win.

Re: NFL Week Ten Picks Green Bay Packers - Minnestoa Vikings Green bay - 13 @ 1.90 B365 10/10 Jumping on the Green Bay wagon here. Everyone is talking them up over a variety of sites. There are alot of us backing them and fingers crossed the Vikings dont hurt us all. Baltimore screwed me over once again last night losing. They were my final leg in a accumulator that I could have covered if they got the first TD but trailed and made it hard since the 1st minute of the game :@. Baltimore always mess me up haha. I had the steelers to beat them last week because they were rubbish in the previous to games losing to jacksonville and not covering the handicap in the 2nd and they got up in the last 2nds of that one to. Hopefully Green Bay can do the magic today and keep the defence nice and tight and find 5 or 6 TD'S to get us all in. :hope

Green Bay Packers - Minnestoa Vikings Green bay - 13 @ 1.90 B365 10/10 Jumping on the Green Bay wagon here. Everyone is talking them up over a variety of sites. There are alot of us backing them and fingers crossed the Vikings dont hurt us all. Baltimore screwed me over once again last night losing. They were my final leg in a accumulator that I could have covered if they got the first TD but trailed and made it hard since the 1st minute of the game :@. Baltimore always mess me up haha. I had the steelers to beat them last week because they were rubbish in the previous to games losing to jacksonville and not covering the handicap in the 2nd and they got up in the last 2nds of that one to. Hopefully Green Bay can do the magic today and keep the defence nice and tight and find 5 or 6 TD'S to get us all in. :hope
Best start we could of hoped for.. 70 yard punt return for a touch down!! 7-0.. Now the Defence just have to keep it tight.

Best start we could of hoped for.. 70 yard punt return for a touch down!! 7-0.. Now the Defence just have to keep it tight.
Ye off to a flyer. 17-0 HT. Hopefully they can build on it. No way near home yet as San Diego got back at them last week. I just would like to think that in this game they can prove a point with their defense and show that they are going to be a huge threat for the season defensively and offensively. Got quite a healthy bet on so I wouldn't mind putting a bet on the Vikings + 13.5 but B365 dont offer it as one of the alternative handicaps. I know it will be around 4.00+ and with those odds I will be able to get my stake back just in case of an upset. Annoying how I cant get the cover down. Oh well fingers crossed. Come on the packers. :hope:hope:hope