** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011

kevshat

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 A.Lewis v J.Part - A.Lewis -3.5 H'cap @ 10/11 Betfred (7/10) I fancy Adrian to dismiss Part quite comfortably tonight, Part hasn't been at his recent best this week and once Lewis gets on a roll he can rattle legs off pretty quickly, whenever I watch him he seems to either be on his game or miles off it. I think the handicap for Lewis is quite nice for this reason as should he play well then he is likely to win this 10-6 or better and Part could well struggle to keep up the pace.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Lewis vs Part... it looked certain lewis was gonna win on -3.5 handicap... then the scores just went: 9:3, 9:4, 9:5 9:6 and now 9:7... unlucky those of you guys that backed adrian on handicaps :puke Edit 9:8 now Final edit, 10-8. What a nice night of darts! Looking forward to the weekend!

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Gary Anderson -4.5 legs v Jenkins: 1.80 @ bet365 (4 Points) After his impressive performance against Wade, you have got to fancy Anderson to see off Jenkins without too much trouble here. With 2/9 on the staright win it's a fair jump to the 4/5 on the handicap and the bottom line is if Anderson turns up, he should win this by the 5 legs needed or better. Jenkins will push Anderson if the Scotsmasn's high averages aren't there. But if it is then Anderson should be able to break plenty of throws in this first to 16 format. Jenkins is steady but I rate Wade as a better player and he just couldn' live with Anderson in the last round. The head to head record is massively in favour of Anderson and I just can't see Jenkins coming close to turning the tables here. Lewis v Webster @ 3.25 Coral (2 Points) Ok, this is a risky one but the price on Webster is just too tempting for me. When taking on Lewis, you always know you are running the risk of been blown away. lewis is my favourite player and if he gets in that zone of hitting the 180's, then Webster just won't be able to compete with his scoring. But the big worry with Lewis is those lapses of concentration or when the nerves set in. Webster isn't in amazing form but he's pretty reliable and if Lewis has a wobble, he is more than capable of taking advantage of it. In last nights match, lewis raced to a 5/1 lead at the interval and I thought he was slightly lucky in a couple of those games where some excellent finishing saved him. Then after getting to 8-2, that wobble came. if he hadn't had such a big advantage he would have been in big trouble. This is obviously a longer format which will probably be to his advantage but if he gets off to a bad start, i think Webster could have the consistency to take advantage of it and is therefore worth a smallish punt at the price.

2 for me in the quarter finals. Could've had 4 winners last night so to have just one was pretty sickening. On my way to the Luton game so am on my phone so will do the P/L when I get back. 4pts T.Hankey vs M Walsh - Over 27.5 legs 4/5 Blue Square I think this will be a close quarter final today. Statistically Mark Walsh has been better than Ted this week but I think most darting judges will appreciate that there isn't a lot between the games of these two. If anything Ted is slightly the better but there isn't a huge amount between them. Therefore I don't see either winning this by more than 2 clear breaks of throw. Both will good their throw consistently and everything suggests this will finish 18-12 or closer. 3pts A.Lewis (3.5 legs) to beat M.Webster Evs Bet365 I wasn't going to take Lewis on a handicap after last night's shambles but this line and this price has to be taken I think. Mark Webster has missed way too many doubles for me to be confident he'll make it to 13 legs here and while Lewis pissed about last night that scare should've given him a wake up call to maintain his concentration throughout this match. Lewis thrashed Webster in the Premier League and beat him 16-12 in the Matchplay. With the doubles Webster is missing this week combined with the inferior scoring power he has I don't see Webster getting any closer tonight. Sent from my Desire HD using PL Forum

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 No luck on the darts this week with Lewis somehow not covering the legs handicap. T.Hankey v M.Walsh - T.Hankey Most 180's @ 5/4 William Hill (5/10) Hills' price looks out of line here with just about every other bookmaker going odds on about Hankey winning the 180 battle, they both threw 13 140's in their last matches but Ted had a slightly better conversion rate throwing 6 180's to Mark's 3. I liked the way Hankey was throwing at the red bit in his last match and over this even longer format I'd expect him to win this battle.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Last night looked to have been a perfect one until Lewis blew a 9-3 lead to blow the handicap meaning I broke even last night when I could have clawed back a large chunk of the loss from this week. Hopefully today will be the day that happens. Taking 3 in the afternoon session. There are marginally better prices about on all 3 of the bets but can't be bothered to muck about with depositing into various bookies today considering I need to do some essays for uni. Ted Hankey Most 180s vs Mark Walsh- 10/11 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Spooner's mentioned the outstanding price that you can get at hill's at above evens, but still happy to back the Count to outscore Walshie at this price. Hankey has looked better and better as the week has gone on after a really poor opening match. As well as finishing better and scoring solidly, he has managed to really find his range with the lipstick, even at the end of the lengthy match against Van Gerwen he was no stranger to the red bit which puts him in good stead for the 180 battle here. He outscored Walsh 6-3 in the previous round in terms of maximums and with the crowd really starting to warm to the BDO player, fancy him to win the 180 battle here. Gary Anderson (-4.5 legs) to beat Terry Jenkins- 8/11 Ladbrokes- (5/10) Total Match 180s Over 14.5- 8/11 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Bet365 do a better price on the handicap, and Coral with the 180s just for anyone looking to get marginally higher odds on these. First of all I'm taking the Scot on the handicap. Few of us were on Wade in the previous round but after losing the opening 2 legs, Anderson just blew him away which gives me reason to back him on the handicap here. He has had some problems away from darts and said he wasn't completely in the right place right now, yet he has hammered Dolan, Jones and Wade in his previous 3 matches, and against Wade even his finishing was impressive, with it being above 50%, which is extremely impressive given how many doubles he usually misses. Jenkins had to fight back to pip Jones in the last round in the last couple of legs, but he couldn't repeat the sort of performance he had against Wade or Chisnall. He'll need to knock another few points onto his average to cope with Anderson if he gets going, and I'm still not convinced he's playing well enough to cope with the Scot and I don't see Anderson dropping more than 11 legs here. Also playing the 180 line here as I feel it's a tad low. Anderson alone hit 9 180's in just 13 legs against Wade whilst Jenkins managed 4 in his game against Jones. If Jenkins is to get anywhere close to the Scot he'll need to score heavily, and although I fancy Anderson to win with a bit to spare, Jenkins should be able to win 7 or 8 legs I'd imagine so there should be plenty of time for this line to be covered. If Anderson really gets going and is near his best, this line could be almost cleared by him alone, but Jenkins can hit a few as well so I'll back the overs here.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Hankey wins the 180 battle bringing back some losses. A.Lewis v M.Webster - Nine Dart Finish @ 20/1 William Hill (1/10) P.Taylor v P.Nicholson - Nine Dart Finish @ 20/1 William Hill (1/10) Fancied a nine darter in this tournament but we're yet to see one yet, however Walsh came close to making one failing with the 8th dart, we have some talent on show tonight and this looks worth a small investment with plenty of legs to be played.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Am getting involved in the end with 3 tonight. Quite like the handicaps on Lewis and Taylor but not tempted enough to take them. Adrian Lewis vs Mark Webster- Under 14.5 180s- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Took the overs in the Anderson match earlier which narrowly came through but feel the line is too high in this one. Lewis is more than capable of covering this line by himself if he plays how he did against Stompe but last night against John Part he only managed 2 in 18 legs which is unusual for the world champion. He scored maximums consistently through the group stage but form last night he wasn't hitting them as often as he'd like. Webster covers his throw alot, heading down to the 19s which suggests he won't hit a ton of maximums. He hit 5 against Phillips in 18 legs which isn't the stat of a man who will pound the lipstick. At the matchplay earlier on in the year, there were 28 legs altogether, which produced only 9 maximums, and in the two meetings in the PL this year, there were 5 180s in both. Slightly fancy Lewis but it could go either way tonight, but I'm sticking with the unders on the maximums. Phil Taylor vs Paul Nicholson- Under 13.5 180s- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Same bet, albeit a maximum lower than the previous but still think it's worth taking. Both have played well this week, with Taylor impressing more and more everytime he plays, underlined by him averaging over 110 against Newton and not giving Wes a chance in hell in that one. He only scored 4 180s yesterday though, and we all know with Phil if things aren't right in the 20s, he'll have no problem in switching for cover. Nicholson himself has scored a fair few maximums this week, but only 3 against Beaton is the longer format in a total of 18 legs isn't a great return and if Taylor gets going like he did last night, Nicholson won't have too much momentum on throw and that could see the Power run away with this, so if there aren't a great deal of legs, the line looks pretty big it must be said. Just don't see 14 maximums in this one come the end, so again the unders for me. Phil Taylor vs Paul Nicholson- Highest Match Checkout Over 135.5- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Am taking one overs tonight though and it involved the checkout market involving these two guys. Either one of them is capable of taking out a big score with Nicholson already taking out a 144 earlier on in the tournament against Magus Caris. Taylor again is more than content to hit the combinations of a 136 or 141 etc, and against a guy who has spoken out against him in the past, I'm sure he'd love to hit a big one to show him why he is the greatest player ever to have played. Nicholson has hit a 170 against Taylor before, and Taylor has covered this line is a couple of meetings as well, so I'll take the overs here.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Haven't placed a bet in a while just got back from travelling. Anyways was looking at the darts tonight and a couple of bets caught my eye. Taylor v Nicholson - over 13.5 180s @ evens on betfair Nicholson most 180s @ 7/5 on betfair Gonna be brief. Taylor has hit 8 180s in the 35 legs he's played. Thats an average of 0.23 180 per leg. Nicholson has hit 16 180s in 41 legs. Thats an average of 0.39 180 per leg. So I think the bookies have got the odds on the 180 match bet wrong. If they continue at those averages we need about 21-22 legs tonight. I reckon bought players will be fired up and we should see a lot closer match than the grand prix. :hope

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Both unders on the 180s came through, but still no luck on the checkout front. Profit of +2 for the evening session, which put together with the afternoon takes my overall to -11.08. Still hopeful of clawing it back in the semis and final, which look set up to be terrific for the spectators. Couple of good calls by Kev as well, making up for the disappointment of the Lewis handicap yesterday :ok

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Adrian Lewis v Phil Taylor Lewis to Win 10/3 skybet 10/3 looks excellent value on Lewis here. His double completion yesterday was 60% and if he scores like he can and hit his doubles well there is only one winner in this match for me. Lewis is the best in the business in my opinion when he is in full flow and he has shown glimpses of that form when averaging 109 against Stompe in the group stages. Taylor has played well so far and Nicholson could of pushed him if he took the first leg last night against the throw as Taylor looked rattled from Nicholson gining him the throw. Lewis has demolished Taylor twice in the Premier League so it can be done again but it won't be easy, he's got to be at the top of his game.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Very much my make or break afternoon in terms of the competition where I'm having 4 for the semis. If all goes well this deficit could be turned on it's head so let's see. Will do them in order of the schedule of play. Adrian Lewis (+4.5 legs) to beat Phil Taylor- Evens Ladbrokes- (2/10) Total Match 180s Over 15.5- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (3/10) From the way both players are playing, this could be something very special to see. Both are averaging in 3 figures or round about, scoring heavily and checking out well. Taking Lewis on the handicap first though as I see him winning 12 legs at the very least in this one. If he plays how he did last night or in the early stages against Part or Stompe, he has a real chance of winning this one. It took him a little while to get going with the scoring yesterday but once he did, he found the lipstick with consummate ease and on a regular basis and if he repeats that, even Taylor hasn't got the ability to match him in terms of scoring. His checkout conversion was at 62% as well and if he finishes like that, he has a real chance here. Not brave enough to take him outright for the win, but fancy him to take at least 12 legs here. The 180s line looks low to me here as well. Backed the unders in this market last night with both players and they came through, albeit in the Taylor match narrowly, but this afternoon have to fancy the overs. There were 9 in Lewis' romp over Webster yesterday, with Lewis hitting 5, and it would have been a ton more if Webster won a few more legs given the way Lewis was playing at the end. He'll know that he will have to score heavily from the start so I'd fancy him to hit some big scores from the first leg. Taylor also scored well against Nicholson, hitting 9 himself, and a bunch of 140s to go with it, and given his averages in his previous 2 matches, he'll contribute to this total without a doubt. Both players had it easy in their quarter final matches, and I fancy there to be at least 27 legs minimum here, and that should be enough time to see the two players cover this line. Gary Anderson (-4.5 legs) to beat Mark Walsh- 4/6 Ladbrokes- (8/10) Total Match 180s Over 14.5- 8/11 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Took this a little earlier and the price has shortened a touch, but think William Hill are still offering the same price. Must be crazy to be backing Anderson on the handicap with such heavy stakes given he might not be able to hit a double, but this line look okay to me. It's a leg higher in most places so for him to win 16-11 or better looks more than doable to me. He blew the handicap for me against Jenkins yesterday after having a couple of darts to win it by a bigger margin, but to be fair to Terry, he played some good darts towards the end, and finished solidly. Anderson though if he finished even marginally better, he would have been extremely comfortable yesterday. He scored like he usually does, heavily and consistently, and that would be my worry for Walsh today, whether he can fend Anderson off enough on his own throw if Gary gets down to the double in 11 or 12 darts like he will in some legs. I'm unsure he will, and although he did score well against Hankey, he could have easily lost that match right at the death, but regardless of that, Hankey's finishing was terrible. 29% on the doubles is really poor and if he finished better, no doubt he'd be in the semis today instead of Walsh. Risk here is Anderson's finishing of course, but I fancy him to be outscoring Walsh too heavily for that to really matter here and even if he misses 3 darts at a double, I'd fancy him to get at least another few darts to finish the legs off, which at times he wasn't able to get against Jenkins yesterday so will take him confidently on the handicap this afternoon against a guy who he's beaten twice already this year, once really comfortably just last month as well. Again the 180s line is low for me. It's even lower than the Lewis Taylor match which I think is debatable to be honest. Granted we are likely to see more legs in that first semi, but if Anderson gets going this afternoon which I have a suspicion he might, this line is far too low. He scored 10 maximums yesterday, along with 28 140s, which shows the scoring power of the Scot, and Walsh was no slouch either, contributing 7 in his match with Hankey. That's 17 in total from the two players in the semis, and I see no reason why they can't repeat that today, perhaps even more from Anderson if he really gets going, but fancy the overs again in this one.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 I'm also having some of the overs on the 180's today. 5pts - Taylor v Lewis - over 15.5 180's @ 2.00 PaddyPower Hard to add much to Fishy's post but will post it up in case anyone wants to take the price @ Paddy Power. Also for anyone wanting to play it a bit safer Bluesquare have the over 180 market set one less at 14.5 @ 1.73. Lewis was excellent on his finishing yesterday, but he is going to have to score heavily just to hold his throw. He is more than capable of doing that and I fancy him to improve on the 5 he hit against Webster. Taylor was in great scoring form with 9 yesterday. IMO both are more than capable of hitting 8 each to bring this in. I'm really hoping for a cracking game of darts this afternoon and as mentioned by Fishy if we get around 27 legs then we should be golden.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Just the one for me in the semi finals. Apologies for the short notice, I assumed this would be the second semi final. 4pts P.Taylor vs A.Lewis - Over 26.5 legs 10/11 Skybet I think Adrian Lewis is playing well enough to stay with Phil Taylor in this match. We know he isn't one who is beaten before he goes on stage against him having beating him in the World Grand Prix semi final last year and then again in the Premier League semi final earlier this year so he knows he can beat Taylor and I think that's a big thing here. Taylor is the best there's been but when Lewis plays to his best there isn't a lot between them and the key thing is Lewis has the scoring power to hold his own throw comfortably but perhaps more importantly the scoring power to pressure Taylor on his throw. He will have to check out well but we know that's possible from last night. Whether Lewis can actually go on and win this semi final or not I'm not overly sure but I do think he can take 11 legs in it and as I don't see him winning 16-10 I'm happier on this line with the extra leg leeway as opposed to the +4.5 leg handicap where we would need 12 legs from Lewis. I'm expecting a cracking semi final here and one which Lewis stays close enough to Taylor to avoid the great one winning by 3 unanswered breaks of throw.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 How Anderson covered that handicap in the end I will never know. Almost taught a harsh lesson that guys who can't hit doubles really shouldn't be trusted with a handicap. The 180s in that one sailed through though, but shame Lewis couldn't win a few more legs that would have surely carried through the overs in that one and also perhaps the handicap but Taylor's finishing was sublime. +3.32 for the semis, not nearly as much as I aimed for, taking the overall to -7.76 with the final to play. On that Anderson 180 front, be surprised if it wasn't voided. Price clearly looks misplaced there.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 The line with Willhill would now seem to be over 8.5 180's @ 5/6 which I have lumped on. Seems 1 less than most lines but you'd expect some good lines and value markets from the tourney sponsor! Not sure about the 'charity' line at 6.5 though! Interesting to see if they void that!

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Anderson +4.5 v Taylor: 2.10 @ Bet365 Taylor is in fine form and I'm perhaps being a bit of a sucker for punishment here. Anderson pushed his look this afternoon and if he doesn't improve, he won't stand a chance against Taylor with the way he is playing. But we know Anderson can play better than that as he did against Wade in the previous match. With Anderson's heavy scoring he should keep the pressure piled on Taylor. The obvious worry is with the doubles but with a plus 4.5 handicap at odds against, I'm hoping he can make this a tighter game than the bookies are reckoning.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 3 for me in this final. Never thought I would say this after the last couple of days but I think Taylor is being underestimated here :loon. 7pts P.Taylor (-4.5 legs) to beat G.Anderson 8/11 Betfred 6pts G.Anderson Over 8.5 180's 5/6 William Hill 4pts Over 15.5 180's 5/6 William Hill I don't see Gary Anderson getting close in this final. Sure he'll score heavily but as we saw for the first 17-18 legs of his semi final that means nothing if he can't hit a double. Anderson is going to be given nothing in this final and with the form Taylor is in I just don't see how Anderson can get close in this match. Even as heavily as he scores he's not going to break Taylor's throw too often and the pressure he'll be under on his own throw will be just too much for a guy who is shaky on his doubles at the best of times. Anderson will hit a lot of 180's, that's a natural given and over 20-25 legs which I expect this final to last then he'll probably move into double figures with his 180's. He should cover his individual line without much hassle and Taylor will contribute enough to cover the match total on the 180's line. It should be a high quality final while it lasts but I just don't see Anderson making it to 12 with the form Taylor is in. Lewis chucked everything at him in the semi including the kitchen sink and the outside toilet and only won 9 legs with a 50% checkout rate. Anderson needs a hedgehog to throw a 50% on his doubles and unless he's been to the pet shop in the interval he hasn't got one of them so I just can't see where Anderson gets 12 from in this final.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011

3 for me in this final. Never thought I would say this after the last couple of days but I think Taylor is being underestimated here :loon. 7pts P.Taylor (-4.5 legs) to beat G.Anderson 8/11 Betfred 6pts G.Anderson Over 8.5 180's 5/6 William Hill 4pts Over 15.5 180's 5/6 William Hill I don't see Gary Anderson getting close in this final. Sure he'll score heavily but as we saw for the first 17-18 legs of his semi final that means nothing if he can't hit a double. Anderson is going to be given nothing in this final and with the form Taylor is in I just don't see how Anderson can get close in this match. Even as heavily as he scores he's not going to break Taylor's throw too often and the pressure he'll be under on his own throw will be just too much for a guy who is shaky on his doubles at the best of times. Anderson will hit a lot of 180's, that's a natural given and over 20-25 legs which I expect this final to last then he'll probably move into double figures with his 180's. He should cover his individual line without much hassle and Taylor will contribute enough to cover the match total on the 180's line. It should be a high quality final while it lasts but I just don't see Anderson making it to 12 with the form Taylor is in. Lewis chucked everything at him in the semi including the kitchen sink and the outside toilet and only won 9 legs with a 50% checkout rate. Anderson needs a hedgehog to throw a 50% on his doubles and unless he's been to the pet shop in the interval he hasn't got one of them so I just can't see where Anderson gets 12 from in this final.
Comment withdrawn.At the time I felt were correct but after looking at posters' previous tips I hold my hands up and and apologise for being too hasty. In fact having looked at his tips it was the complete opposite,"Kevshats" tips are original and brilliantly written

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Final is upon us then and this could either go really well, or really, very wrong indeed. Phil Taylor (-5.5 legs) to beat Gary Anderson- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (7/10) Phil Taylor (-6.5 legs) to beat Gary Anderson- 6/5 Ladbrokes- (5/10) Total Match 180s Over 16.5- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Taylor to win 16-6- 11/1 Ladbrokes- (1/10) Taylor to win 16-7- 9/1 Ladbrokes- (1/10) Taylor to win 16-8- 8/1 Ladbrokes- (1/10) Taylor to win 16-9- 8/1 Ladbrokes- (1/10) Only slightly favouring Taylor here :lol. Hard to really see Anderson getting close to him on legs tonight given the form the Power is in. To beat a Lewis averaging in the 3 figures so comfortably is outstanding in truth. Taylor averaged 107 himself and his finishing was exceptional. That 119 in particular really killed Lewis earlier and in the form he's in, you wouldn't bet against him checking out any sort of finish right now. Anderson I gave the benefit of the doubt to earlier with his finishing, but as he showed, he still isn't reliable to finish the leg off. In truth a better and more ruthless player than Mark Walsh would be playing Taylor in the final here really after Anderson won 10 of the last 11 legs in that match with Walsh missing some double. Taylor really won't do that tonight so backing him on the slightly bigger handicaps as I really don't see Gary getting into double figures tonight. Saying that you'd expect him to hit his usual bunch of 180s. He scored 13 in his match against Walsh and he shouldn't have a problem hitting them again tonight. Taylor will hit his fair share as well, with only 5 against Lewis, but he hit a ton of 140s and also covered a fair few to hit 177s or 174s so he should hit some as well and like Kev, I'd say around the 23/24 mark in terms of legs tonight, which should give plenty of time for these two to cover the maximum line. Also taking the correct scores on Taylor as well as if any of them come through, it's a decent profit. Don't see Anderson checking out well enough to get into double figures, with Taylor always likely to put the pressure on the Scot given his woes with the doubles. See Anderson winning a few, but still fancy Taylor to be comfortable tonight.