** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011

kevshat

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011

Chisnall v Pipe; Pipe to win 6/5 skybet If Pipe wins this match he will almost certainly be in the next round. He performed well on Saturday night against Jenkins and was unlucky not to beat Wade the following night. In past tournamnets in front of the tv cameras he has really struggled but he appears to have turned the corner, bringing his impressive form on the floor to the big stage. In Chisnall we have a Gary Anderson type player, tremendous at scoring but can be poor on the doubles. With very little hope for him progressing i don't really see him putting up much of a fight tonight. Pipe's slow style won't suit Chisnall's game and i would imagine this will put him off his stride allowing Pipe to take the victory.
Having followed Chisnall outright, I think I worked out he needs something like a 5-2 win and hope Wade wins 5-2 against Jenkins to progress, so although out of his hands, I think his chances are better than 'very little hope'!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having followed Chisnall outright' date=' I think I worked out he needs something like a 5-2 win and hope Wade wins 5-2 against Jenkins to progress, so although out of his hands, I think his chances are better than 'very little hope'!![/quote'] Almost ;). Chisnall needs to win 5-2 to force a 9 dart shootout. A 5-1 or 5-0 win will put him through if Jenkins loses to Wade. Jenkins is out if he loses whatever happens in the other match because his leg difference is so poor. For those of us on Chisnall outright we need a 5-0 or 5-1 win and a Wade win for Chisnall to qualify or a 5-2 win and a Wade win for a 9 dart shootout. Another positive for those of us on Chisnall is he leads the H2H with Pipe 3-0 which were all this year. He's won 6-3, 6-2 and 6-4.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Going to have one more outright because the price is very big. 0.5pts ew T.Hankey to win Grand Slam of Darts 80/1 Skybet (1/2 1,2) This price is too big on The Count. I was very close to backing him before a dart was thrown in this event but expected a lot better than I got from Barneveld. I think it's a pretty open secret that Ted will be playing against the best players regularly from January onwards and he's got a perfect chance to lay a marker down to a lot of them in this tournament. He's by no means a certainty to beat Ian White tonight due to the format but if he does then the draw opens up massively for him. With Scott Waites out of the tournament he's going to have probably Mark Walsh but possibly either Michael van Gerwen or Tony O'Shea in the last 16 and I'd expect him to beat all 3 of them and then in the QF's he'll face either one of those or Dean Winstanley. Again there's nothing unbeatable there. That would put him in a semi final against the man who comes out of Groups C and D section. Gary Anderson looks in danger of going out tonight while 2 of Jenkins, Pipe and Chisnall will go too. James Wade would probably be the one expected to come through there but would Ted Hankey be 40/1 to beat him in a semi final? Absolutely not. As I say Hankey could easily lose tonight and go out but should be win tonight and ignore the crowd for the rest of the week or even use them the way he did against Barneveld then the way the draw has opened right up and with the potential for it to open up even further then I just can't ignore the two time world champion at this price.

Dean Winstanley to win group 2 7/2 boylesport bet365 stanjames BDO world finalist Winstanley is a solid player and looks the value bet at 7/2. Barneveld is obviously the quality player in the group but sadly he isn't the player he was and sometimes it appears that he no longer has the determination needed to win. Winstanley showed the world championship final was no fluke when he reached the final of the world master where he lost to Waites. I cant see white figuring much and Hankey's best days are behind him although he is still capable on his day.
Top Shout Tadley :clap

Dean Winstanley to win group 2 7/2 boylesport bet365 stanjames BDO world finalist Winstanley is a solid player and looks the value bet at 7/2. Barneveld is obviously the quality player in the group but sadly he isn't the player he was and sometimes it appears that he no longer has the determination needed to win. Winstanley showed the world championship final was no fluke when he reached the final of the world master where he lost to Waites. I cant see white figuring much and Hankey's best days are behind him although he is still capable on his day.
Top shout mate :clap.

Going to have one more outright because the price is very big. 0.5pts ew T.Hankey to win Grand Slam of Darts 80/1 Skybet (1/2 1,2) This price is too big on The Count. I was very close to backing him before a dart was thrown in this event but expected a lot better than I got from Barneveld. I think it's a pretty open secret that Ted will be playing against the best players regularly from January onwards and he's got a perfect chance to lay a marker down to a lot of them in this tournament. He's by no means a certainty to beat Ian White tonight due to the format but if he does then the draw opens up massively for him. With Scott Waites out of the tournament he's going to have probably Mark Walsh but possibly either Michael van Gerwen or Tony O'Shea in the last 16 and I'd expect him to beat all 3 of them and then in the QF's he'll face either one of those or Dean Winstanley. Again there's nothing unbeatable there. That would put him in a semi final against the man who comes out of Groups C and D section. Gary Anderson looks in danger of going out tonight while 2 of Jenkins, Pipe and Chisnall will go too. James Wade would probably be the one expected to come through there but would Ted Hankey be 40/1 to beat him in a semi final? Absolutely not. As I say Hankey could easily lose tonight and go out but should be win tonight and ignore the crowd for the rest of the week or even use them the way he did against Barneveld then the way the draw has opened right up and with the potential for it to open up even further then I just can't ignore the two time world champion at this price.
Hi mate. Where are you finding the outrights on Skybet for this event. I can't see it anywhere. Thanks

Hi mate. Where are you finding the outrights on Skybet for this event. I can't see it anywhere. Thanks
Had the same problem mate, Skybet pulled the outright odds as soon as Barney/Winstanley started, Got on with Boyles @ 66's , not sure if that's still available now though?

Had the same problem mate' date=' Skybet pulled the outright odds as soon as Barney/Winstanley started, Got on with Boyles @ 66's , not sure if that's still available now though?[/quote'] Cheers man. Thought I was going nuts, as I was going round in circles for an age there. Guess they've pulled them.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Currently -15.68 now after 2 180's a piece between Pipe and Chisnall. I will go with 2 tonight as I start the fight back :loon 3pts - Webster v Dekker - Webster over 1.5 180's @ 2.10 Bluesq Webster has managed to cover this line in both his games so far with 2 in the 9 legs against Monk and 2 in the 6 legs against Part. I have been really impressed with Webster since his Premier league experience and it seems to me that he is scoring much heavier these days. I will take him to cover this line in what I expect to be a comprehensive win. 3pts - Stompe v Phillips - Phillips to win @ 2.10 Skybet Surprised that Sky make Stompe the favourite in this one as other bookies have Phillips @ 1.80. You can easily make a case for both players here, but I will happily take Phillips with the better odds. Phillips has thrown some excellent darts so far, beating VDV 5-2 with 5/11 on the doubles and a healthy 88.38 average. He also just lost out 5-4 to Lewis where he managed a 97.11 average. If he can produce that sort of form tonight then I expect him to get past Stompe. Stompe produced some good darts in beating VDV 5-3 finishing with a 91.53 ave. He was blown away by Lewis, but that was with Lewis producing the best average of the tournament so far. Stompe did manage a 98.96 average in that match, but this was distorted as he only had 2 shots at a double. I expect this to be a close game, but I think Phillips is the steadier player of the two. I will take him to edge a tight game here.

Going to have one more outright because the price is very big. 0.5pts ew T.Hankey to win Grand Slam of Darts 80/1 Skybet (1/2 1,2) This price is too big on The Count. I was very close to backing him before a dart was thrown in this event but expected a lot better than I got from Barneveld. I think it's a pretty open secret that Ted will be playing against the best players regularly from January onwards and he's got a perfect chance to lay a marker down to a lot of them in this tournament. He's by no means a certainty to beat Ian White tonight due to the format but if he does then the draw opens up massively for him. With Scott Waites out of the tournament he's going to have probably Mark Walsh but possibly either Michael van Gerwen or Tony O'Shea in the last 16 and I'd expect him to beat all 3 of them and then in the QF's he'll face either one of those or Dean Winstanley. Again there's nothing unbeatable there. That would put him in a semi final against the man who comes out of Groups C and D section. Gary Anderson looks in danger of going out tonight while 2 of Jenkins, Pipe and Chisnall will go too. James Wade would probably be the one expected to come through there but would Ted Hankey be 40/1 to beat him in a semi final? Absolutely not. As I say Hankey could easily lose tonight and go out but should be win tonight and ignore the crowd for the rest of the week or even use them the way he did against Barneveld then the way the draw has opened right up and with the potential for it to open up even further then I just can't ignore the two time world champion at this price.
Looking like a fantastic bet this is. The Count is down to 28/1 with Skybet now.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 (Lewis v Van Der Voort) Over 3.5 180's: 1.75 @ Boylesports I haven't been able to see much darts in this tournament but I fancy this bet in tonights opener. Lewis is favourite and should win this one but I'm not expecting a whitewash so hopefully this will get plenty of legs. Lewis is obviously a big hitter with the 180's and the Dutchman is more than capable of chipping in with them too so I'm going to take a punt on them beating this line tonight.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 -4.4pts overall now after MVG's 144 secured him the group win. 2pts went with the Chisnall outright and I had a small loss on the matches yesterday. Still it's a manageable position. I'll be glad when the group stages are over and we can get stuck into some proper matches. 4 for tonight so far with one possibly to come depending on how the evening pans out. 4pts W.Newton (-3.5 legs) to beat B.Bates 4/5 Boylesports Once again I don't like taking advantage of another's misfortune but it's clearly to see Barrie Bates is really struggling at the minute and tonight could well be the last time we see the jovial Welshman on our TV screens. The simple fact is he's not playing consistent enough to trouble Wesley tonight. But for a few missed doubles by Caris, Bates wouldn't have won a leg in the event so far and I'm far from convinced he'll win one tonight. I hope because these two are great friends doesn't affect Wes tonight. He needs to do a job on Bates and put the pressure right on Nicholson later in the night with the aim of avoiding Taylor in both their minds. We have seen Newton be a lot more ruthless over the last 12 months as his life has changed completely and if he continues his ruthless streak tonight then I don't see Bates making it to two legs in this encounter. 5pts S.Beaton (-2.5 legs) to beat J.Hubbard Evs Betfred This has been a wonderful experience for the youngster James Hubbard but when we take the emotion out of it he hasn't really played the sort of darts you would think he needs to play against Beaton to be competitive. I'm glad Hubbard took a leg off Taylor because I think his efforts deserved that but Taylor missed doubles in the leg Hubbard won and King missed a lot of doubles to allow Hubbard to make it to 3 legs in that match. The cold hard facts are even in short course darts the youngster has yet to average 84 and that doesn't get the job done. Beaton has played well in this event. He'll always score well and while he can miss the odd pressure double he's generally pretty solid on them and I don't see a way Hubbard wins 3 legs in this match. I just think Beaton, back in a place where he has plenty of good memories, will be too good for the youngster and he should win this no worse than 5-2. 3pts A.Monk to beat J.Part 6/4 Skybet I don't really see why John Part is such a short favourite this week because he's been rotten in the tournament so far. Arron Monk has actually played better darts than Part in both matches he's just not had the rub of the green and played opponents who played well in those matches. He has no pressure on him tonight though with qualification unlikely given his poor legs difference. John Part has all the pressure on him this evening. He knows with his legs difference he probably has to win this to go through and even then it may not be enough. Part has averaged 80.90 and 83.52 in his two matches so far and that just isn't going to get the job done. Unless he finds 10pts on that average I think Monk has every chance here. With the pressure all on Part and off of Monk I'll have a small punt on the youngster to win this match. 3pts M.Webster (-2.5 legs) to beat J.Dekker 5/4 Boylesports Mark Webster will be fired up to win this match and ensure the pain of last year's group stage where he missed a stack of doubles to go through can be put out of his memory. I've been impressed with Webster this week. He's scored really well which is sometimes where his game can be a bit static. His finishing has left a lot to be desired but we have seen in the past how he can be metronomic on tops and tens so if Dekker is relying on Webster missing doubles to stay close, which I think he is, then he could well be disappointed. Jan Dekker may have the worst nickname I've ever come across but he is better than what he's shown this week it must be said. However it must also be said he had a nice draw at Lakeside where he made the semi finals and took advantage of it. He never broke into the 90's with his average that week and he's going to have to average mid 90's to stay with Webster tonight and take every chance which comes his way. I'm not so sure he's got that in him though and with the -2.5 cap needing only one break of throw if Webster throws first then I think at 5/4 it's well worth a small punt this evening.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Had a couple of nights off due to uni essays but taking a few tonight. I'll post the Newton one first as it won't be too long until that starts, not really much I can add to Kev before me, and then edit the post with the other bets. Wes Newton (-3.5 legs) to beat Barrie Bates- Evens Coral- (3/10) Really annoyed I didn't get on the Caris handicap against Bates as that was always going to safely come through but I'll back Wes tonight. As Kev has said this could well be the last time we see him play, given his problems in his throwing hand which he still can't even open completely. It's been a real sad sight to see him like this as it would be with any professional, but still going to back him not getting more than one leg on the board. He was lucky to get that only leg he has this week against Caris, as he missed a few doubles, and against Nicholson he didn't get a single chance. Newton could do with increasing his leg difference to try and match Nicholson as neither will be too keen on facing Taylor next and given Bates was done 5-0 in the opening match, I just have to fancy Newton to not drop more than a leg here. If he scores even decently, don't see Bates getting anything out of this one. Co Stompe vs Martin Phillips- Over 7.5 legs- 8/11 Bluesquare- (4/10) Been quietly impressed with both of these guys this week and this is essentially a straight knock out match, so there might be a few nerves lurking about. Both however have scored well this week, and their finishing hasn't been too shabby either. Stompe was blown away by Lewis in his previous match but most would have if they played Lewis in that form but against Van Der Voort he was solid. Phillips has impressed me more and he hasn't struggled to find his big scores like you'd expect. Despite that, not too sure how much relevance that will have on this match and I'd back both players to be pretty solid in holding their throw. We saw back in 2009 a group stage match between these guys go all the way to a deciding leg, and I'll back there's at least 8 played tonight. Mark Webster (-2.5 legs) to beat Jan Dekker- 11/10 Bluesquare- (3/10) Agreed with Kev again here, and really fancy Webster to make it 3/3 pretty comfortably here. Fair play he hasn't been at his best with his finishing this week, but he hasn't been terrible compared to others either. Usually he is one of the most solid players on his doubles around, and now he has qualified to put recent years dismal performances behind him, he should be full of confidence and take the initiative here. Saying that, if this week's averages are anything to go by, the Welshman should have plenty of chances to finish the leg off before the youngster has a chance to. He hasn't reached the 90s in terms of averages this week, and Webster has been pretty solid in that department so you'd fancy him to get down to a double first in most legs, so at above evens, happy to back Webster on the handicap.

(Lewis v Van Der Voort) Over 3.5 180's: 1.75 @ Boylesports I haven't been able to see much darts in this tournament but I fancy this bet in tonights opener. Lewis is favourite and should win this one but I'm not expecting a whitewash so hopefully this will get plenty of legs. Lewis is obviously a big hitter with the 180's and the Dutchman is more than capable of chipping in with them too so I'm going to take a punt on them beating this line tonight.
Good work Wisey :ok. Came in quicker than the blinking of an eye :clap.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Much better night for me yesterday with 2 out of 2 bringing in 6.60pts and taking me to -9.08 overall. 4pts - Anderson v Wade - Wade to win @ 2.20 Skybet I'm a big James Wade fan and I will take him at this price all day long - regardless of his terrible record against Anderson. In the 17 times they have met Anderson holds a 12-5 advantage. He has also won the 4 matches they have played this season. Based on the stats its hard to make a case for Wade, but I will try. Wade has already accounted for Pipe and Chisnall, two of the form men coming into this event. With Chisnall a player not a million miles away from Anderson in terms of scoring power and the habit of double trouble. Yes, he lost to Jenkins but he was already through at this stage and I think his game dropped visibly. Anderson lost to Heydon where I saw enough to suggest his head just isn't right, and if put under enough pressure he could crumble. His interview before the Dolan match didn't inspire any confidence in me, and if Dolan was in any sort form I think he could have taken him out. In opposing Anderson you always run the risk that he could turn up and blitz any opponent. However I fancy Wade to apply the required pressure at the right times. A few big check outs from Wade after a couple of missed Anderson doubles, and I think we can see a change in the recent head to head records. With the odds on offer I will happily get on Wade.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 D.Winstanley v M.Walsh - Under 127.5 Highest Checkout @ 9/10 VCBet (8/10) I'd imagine both players will fancy their chances in this match and the winner is hard to call. I've looked at this market because when watching both players this week I've noticed that their finishing has not been the best, granted Winstanley finished well against Barneveld but overall in their 3 matches they've missed plenty of doubles. In their three matches so far neither player has managed to checkout over 100 and whilst we will see alot more legs here there is also huge pressure as we enter the knockout stages, you could afford to lose a group match. Not only do VC offer the best line for this they also offer the best odds so if you have an account with them I'd recommend a strong best here.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 a couple from me folks but before i start, i read somewhere that gary Anderson lost his brother in August due to a heart attack shoud this be true then no doubt this would account for his out of srts performance. probabaly best to stay away from Anderson until he is properly over his death. Steve Beaton 13/8 v Paul Nicholson. i bet Kev has just fainted me NOT backing Paul in a game but i feel that Beatons odds are too long here, he had a good run last year reaching semi finals. and when Steve is on top form there no better player to watch has a silky smooth throw, and he is a heavier scorer that Paul however of the two Nicholson is probabaly mre consistent and his determination is superior always feel Steve has a could'nt give a **** attitude.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 +0.2 for bets settled last night. +2.2 for the matches and -2 for the Part group bet so -4.2 overall now. Finally we can concentrate on some proper darts matches tonight. Has the potential to be a fantastic card. There's two bets I like in all 3 matches I'm betting on. Leaving the Hankey match alone because I'm on outright. Prices look about right there anyway. 4pts D.Winstanley vs M.Walsh - Over 16.5 legs 4/5 William Hill 5pts D.Winstanley Most 180's Evs Boylesports This should be a good match to start the evening off with. Two solid players, both of whom play each other for the first time but I suspect it won't be the last time they play each other. Dean Winstanley has looked the solid player he is throughout this tournament. He's scored well and finished well too. It's the latter which has been most impressive especially as he readily admits he can't count but he's had no problems with that regard this week. Walshie's been what Walshie is. Tough to beat and very hard to outplay and that's why I think this will be close. Walshie doesn't give a lot away. You have to play really good darts to beat him. Whether Winstanley has that game in him when all is said and done I'm not sure but I do believe there will be plenty of mileage in this match. Both will hold their throw pretty well and I don't see there being more than a break of throw in this when all is said and done. I'll take the over 16.5 legs here happily and I will take Winstanley on the most 180's market as well. Only Dave Chisnall and Adrian Lewis have hit more 180's this week and both have played more legs than him. Winstanley has put in 11 180's in total to Walshie's 7, 4 of which came in a high quality match against Scott Waites. That's a rarity for Walsh though who is more consistent on the tons and 140's than the 180's usually. Winstanley is a serial 180 hitter though and I'll take him to hit the most tonight in a match which should have at least 17 legs in it. 4pts J.Wade to beat G.Anderson 11/10 Coral 4pts J.Wade Highest Checkout - Over 110.5 5/6 Paddy Power I'm really looking forward to this match. It should be an absolute belter. If it's half as good as the match they played out here in 2008 then it will be a cracker. Anderson won that match 10-8 but Wade put in a 9 dart finish along the way. Over the years Anderson has had the better of this head to head tussle and has actually won 6 of the last 7 matches but it's been mentioned that his head is elsewhere at the minute and given the circumstances that's more than understandable. So far this week we've seen Anderson be fine when he's run away with matches but hasn't really been up for a battle. He's going to be in a battle here for sure and I just fancy Wade to come through. He's scored well so far in the tournament and if Anderson doesn't dominate the scoring here he's in trouble because Wade will murder him on the doubles. Given the way the two finish I think Wade at odds against has to be the call this evening. There will be legs where Anderson puts his scoring together though and Wade will have to bang in a decent checkout to either hold throw or to break the throw. He leaves a lot of 121's and 110+ outshots and the way he hits tops we can often rely on him hitting them. He's already taken 161 out this week and I'm confident we can see another 110+ shot from the Machine tonight. 4pts T.Jenkins vs W.Jones - Over 16.5 legs 4/5 William Hill 4pts Over 6.5 180's 5/6 Stan James I think the final match of the evening will be another tight match. Both men are playing well and have averaged in the mid-high 90's in a couple of matches in the competition. To do that you have to score well and these two while not Adrian Lewis or Gary Anderson like in the 180's are certainly no stranger to peppering the lipstick. This match should have a good flow to it so I would expect the scoring to be consistent and be good. This is another match where both will hold their throw pretty solidly and neither have the punishing scoring to regularly trouble the other one's throw so I see this one being quite a close match with no more than a break of throw in it. 10-7 either way or closer gets the job done and while I have a sneaky feeling for Jenkins I'm confident whoever wins this match will have conceded at least 7 legs. 2pts Accumulator - All matches Over 16.5 legs 8.67/1 Blue Square For some reason William Hill won't let me do accumulators on this so I've had to go with the slightly lower price at Blue Square but I really do see all the matches being tight tonight. I've already taken two as singles and the other two matches look like they will be tight and are tough to call either way. It doesn't happen too often but I do believe the way the 8 men involved tonight have played so far that we will see all the matches tonight finishing 10-7 or closer.

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Been a really poor tournament for me so far after a promising start, leaving me currently on -11.78. Hoping the end of the group stages and the longer format will bring some better results and I'm taking an interest in 3 of the 4 matches tonight. Terry Jenkins (-1.5 legs) to beat Wayne Jones- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (5/10) After the first match I really didn't think the Bull would make it through but he bounced back extremely well with wins over Chisnall and Wade, meaning he topped the group eventually and that will bring some much needed confidence going into this one. He started to find his range with his scoring, averaging around 95 against Wade, but his finishing was like the Jenkins we've seen of old which was good to see. Jones was impressive in his first two matches which secured him a spot in the last 16, and that probably explains why he didn't really show up in that one, averaging a tad over 75. Can't see him playing anywhere near as badly as he did against Anderson in that one, but with Jenkins playing some nice darts again and him faring better in front of the cameras in recent history, I'll back him to win this one with a break of throw and make it 3 wins in a row. James Wade to beat Gary Anderson- 11/10 Coral- (4/10) Happy to play on Wade here at odds against given what I've seen from Anderson this week. He's spoken out that he's not really got his head in the game completely at the minute due to personal reasons and he's not entirely enjoying playing darts at the minute which is completely justifiable and probably will have a little break after this tournament before the World Championship I'd imagine. His group wasn't too taxing to be honest, so there's no surprise he topped the group despite matter away from darts, but he'll face a much stiffer test tonight. Wade has a really tough group with Pipe, Chisnall and Jenkins but he still managed to qualify, and perhaps should have topped the group, but Jenkins came back and beat him in the final match with some clinical finishing. Anderson isn't as clinical as that on the doubles, and you'd have to say he will miss a fair few chances to win legs, which should let Wade in regardless of how well Anderson is scoring. Wade is no slouch in terms of high scoring, and given he'll be better on the doubles, I'll back him to make it through this one. Michael Van Gerwen vs Ted Hankey- Highest Match Checkout Over 122.5- 5/6 Ladbrokes- (3/10) People are talking about the Anderson-Wade match as the game to watch tonight but I feel this could well be the best match on the eye. Both were excellent in their final group match in which both needed to win to make it through. Hankey averaged around the 100 mark in that one against Ian White, taking out a 161 as well on his route to victory. Van Gerwen beat O'Shea and took out that 144 which was very pleasing to see. Hankey also has a 121 to his name this week as well and Van Gerwen a 120 and that is in the shorter format. I don't see either of these guys running away with the match tonight so we could well see 16+ legs tonight, and with both guys capable of getting the crows going, albeit for very different reasons, I fancy a checkout of 123 or above tonight.

D.Winstanley v M.Walsh - Under 127.5 Highest Checkout @ 9/10 VCBet (8/10) I'd imagine both players will fancy their chances in this match and the winner is hard to call. I've looked at this market because when watching both players this week I've noticed that their finishing has not been the best, granted Winstanley finished well against Barneveld but overall in their 3 matches they've missed plenty of doubles. In their three matches so far neither player has managed to checkout over 100 and whilst we will see alot more legs here there is also huge pressure as we enter the knockout stages, you could afford to lose a group match. Not only do VC offer the best line for this they also offer the best odds so if you have an account with them I'd recommend a strong best here.
Arghhh Walsh checkouts 138 in leg 5, always seems to happen when I take these sort of bets :\

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Great work again Kev. I'm getting in early for tommorow nite after all 4 games this evening went over in the 180s Accumulator- Nicholson - Beaton over 7.5 180s Webster -Phillips over 6.5 180s Taylor - Newton over 7.5 180s Lewis - Part over 8.5 180s @ 13/1 Paddy Power It's good value with the players involved and with the exception of the first match earlier each line was covered comfortably

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 that above post regarding Taylor and Newton over 7.5 180s, i'd be weary of this one my friend, yeah we all know Taylor is on a differnt planet from everyone else just now, but as many on here would agree taylor is'nt a great bet on 180s often prefering to come down to 19s with his second , third or both darts. if his "stacking" is'nt quite right then he will just hammer in 177s and 134s instead must say the 180s market is free money for the bookies when it comes to Taylor i feel

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Great shouts by Kev yesterday, really taught the bookies and me a lesson or two :lol. Very much sour grapes from me as it has been this week, as I came out with -2.83, bringing my overall to -14.61, really can't get going. Still hopeful of pulling it pack somewhat at least and taking 3 tonight. Adrian Lewis (-3.5 legs) to beat John Part- 5/6 Sportingbet- (5/10) If tonight Lewis plays even remotely like he did against Stompe he'll run away with this one. He averaged the best part of 110 against the Dutchman which even by Taylor's standards, is pretty damn impressive. He was very comfortable in his group, winning all 3 matches in what could have been a tricky group for the world champion, and the fact that he has hit 140 maximums in that time show that he is scoring heavily and playing well, in a tournament which he has struggled in recent years. Part I think I remember hearing on commentary has a throat infection and is struggling a bit this week and he'll need to be at his very best to match Lewis here. His averages haven't been anything outstanding, and he needed Webster to beat Dekker in the final group match to make it through. From the way the Canadian has been playing, don't see him taking 7 legs of Lewis here unless he produces a very special performance indeed, which I don't see him doing the backing Lewis to win at 10-6 at the worst here. Steve Beaton (+2.5 legs) to beat Paul Nicholson- Evens Ladbrokes- (3/10) Considered Beaton for the outright here and also the overs on the leg count but either way I see Bronzed Adonis taking 8 legs at the very least here. Beaton has won the last 5 matches between these two, and also won 5-1 in the group stages last year. He's been solid this week thus far, only losing to Taylor but beating King and young Hubbard comfortably enough to make it through. Nicholson has probably been the better of the two guys this week, after his narrow win over Newton and Caris, and he dispatched of Barrie Bates on the opening day but the longer format may just suit Beaton a bit better. He is the more consistent of throwers and when he gets some momentum, he is hard to stop as Taylor found last year in this tournament. A semi appearance last year for Beaton should bring back happy memories and give his confidence and no fear going into this one, so I'll back him to take at least 8 legs in this one. Mark Webster vs Martin Phillips- Over 5.5 180s- 4/6 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Line is a touch lower compared to other places so I'll sacrifice the marginally better price and take the lower line. Don't really fancy calling this one as Phillips could surprise a few people here and I'd expect both players to cancel eachother out for the majority, so if we see at least 15 legs or so tonight, this line comes well into play. Both when playing well are no strangers to the lipstick and Philips in particular this week has pounded the treble on a consistent basis. Granted neither guy has scored excessive amounts of maximums, but Webster has managed 2 in each of his 3 matches, whilst Phillips has 4 to his name this week and that's in the shorter format. We'll see far more legs tonight and so more opportunities for the maximums. Both players when playing well can really steam ahead and I see shifts in momentum in this one, so overs for me.

that above post regarding Taylor and Newton over 7.5 180s' date=' i'd be weary of this one my friend, yeah we all know Taylor is on a differnt planet from everyone else just now, but as many on here would agree taylor is'nt a great bet on 180s often prefering to come down to 19s with his second , third or both darts. if his "stacking" is'nt quite right then he will just hammer in 177s and 134s instead must say the 180s market is free money for the bookies when it comes to Taylor i feel[/quote'] Your right mate,I am taking a chance especially with Taylor.However in the 3 encounters between them that I could find in the past 18 months there have been a fair few.When Newton lost 16-5 to Taylor in the matchplay there were 6 180s in the first 7 legs. But your spot on,Taylor has let me down in the past with 180s but I just think the line is low.:hope

Re: Darts: Grand Slam of Darts 2011 Excellent night of arrers last night both from a darts point of view and a punting one for me personally. +12.08 for the night and Hankey moves a stop closer to the final. +7.88 overall now and hoping for more tonight. I'm going with 4. 3pts S.Beaton to beat P.Nicholson 2/1 Ladbrokes I think Steve Beaton is a bit too big at 2/1 here. 6/4 I could probably see but not 2/1. Nicholson is the favourite for this match but he's not this much of a favourite. Numerically he's played very well this week but he didn't get a lot of competition in his first two matches. Wes kept it to 5-4 but I never felt he played all that well and his 87.20 average was testiment to that. In his final match although Magnus Caris played really well he wasn't a million miles away from beating Nicholson and that's why I have to take the Bronzed Adonis tonight. He's had some decent competition in the group and came through that group so he's battle hardened and should go well tonight. Beaton had performed like this last year and then came out and chucked a 100 average in beating the Count 10-6 and we all know what happened the following night. He beat the great one. Beaton beat Nicholson 5-1 in the group stages last year and he has won the last 5 meetings against Nicholson. You'd have to say at 10-3, 5-1, 6-2, 6-2 and 6-3 none of them have been close either. It could just be that Beaton has Nicholson's number these days and at 2/1 I have to take the former world champion at a bigger price than I could possibly have him at. 4pts M.Webster vs M.Phillips - Over 16.5 legs 10/11 William Hill 4pts Over 6.5 180's Evs Paddy Power I think this game will be a lot closer than people think. It's an all Welsh clash and both will want to come out and prove that they are the top Welshman around at the minute and I think that will lead to a good, close, competitive game of darts. Mark Webster has played really well this week but he hasn't clicked his doubles yet and if that continues tonight he could well let Phillips in to win the match not just stay close. Phillips has been solid this week. He's scored really well and he's hit his doubles fairly decently too and with little pressure on him this evening I expect him to come out and have a go just like he did in the Lakeside semi final against Martin Adams a couple of years ago. He pushed Adams all the way in that and he can do the same to Webster here. Both men are no stranger to the lipstick and in a match which I expect a fair bit of mileage in I think both can whack in the requisite 7 maximums between them too in a match which should be played to a good rhythm and in good spirits. 6pts A.Lewis (-3.5 legs) to beat J.Part 10/11 Betfred Adrian Lewis looks up for this tournament this week and that could spell danger for the three time world champion John Part. Lewis has got that rhythm on his scoring and as we saw in the World Championship it doesn't tend to go away for a while once he has that. His finishing has been solid enough too and I'm sure he'll pay extra care on that after what happened to him against Part in the World Grand Prix when he missed a few doubles and let Part back into the match, a match Part eventually won. That was short course darts though and this is a longer format so Part will have to improve both on that effort and his three efforts this week which have been average at best. Part showed signs against Aaron Monk that there's a game scratching at the surface and if he's been feeling under the weather then it would certainly explain why he's been below par this week but Part will have to play his very best darts here to stay close I think. Anything less than that and Lewis will run away with this. Even if Part plays his best Lewis has that gear that he only reaches sometimes but if he reaches it tonight he will still win easily. However the two play I think Lewis wins this no worse than 10-6.