** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 I'd just like to give my thoughts on tonights game: I think that alot of people are expecting a spurs win here and to be honest i can totally understand why. At the minute we have just got the nack of winning games regardless of the performance. I think a big factor will be that we are at home, where we are generally much better. Just look at our last 2 league games where we battered QPR at home and struggled against Fulham away with exactlly the same starting XI's. The consistant starting XI is the main reason of our good form at the moment. While we do still have a couple of players injured, the players who have come into the team eg. Kaboul and Walker have done brilliantly, and Harry has been able to name the same or very similar starting XI every week. Spurs only injury worry tonight is VDV, however he played most of last season with injuries so i would think he'll start and come off later in the game. If not i'd back Defoe to come into the team and perform well. Personally i see us winning tonight but not by as much as the odds suggest. 2-1 Spurs is my prediction :hope

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 I thin the price is about right on Spurs! I think its about time people start treating them like any Top 4 side, especially at home. If Arsenal or Liverpool were playing Villa at home, they would probably be in between 1.4 and 1.55 i would imagine, so to put Spurs in the same bracket is fair in my opinion! I expect Spurs to win the match by 2 goals tonight so i have plumped for 2-0 and 3-1. Good Luck!

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Four teams have taken on Tottenham at better than 4.00 (well, one was about 3.95 when the game kicked off), and Spurs won all four, albeit not by much...three 2-1 wins, two of them on away. Villa have three draws in four previous games as dogs of 4.00 or above, all on away. The three draws were all around 4.00 to 4.3...when the line was 11.00, they got crushed at Man City, 4-1 (but who hasn't?). Spurs' 4-0 against Liverpool was helped by two Reds sent off. They also beat QPR...who hasn't?...and Arse at home. Their away wins are against Wolves, Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn...the four legs of the table at the moment. I agree that odds of 7.00 seem bizarre given Villa's abilities and place on the table. They have quality, and their only two losses are the Man City game and a home loss to West Brom after a 35' red card. 7.70? I'm breaking my own rule (I've been avoiding odds such as this as Premier dogs of better than 6.00 have produced 2-4-33 this year) and playing Aston Villa and draw.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 Tottenham v Aston Villa The public have been betting Spurs all day and who can blame them, Spurs have an outstanding home record and the possible return of Redknapp is likely to lift them. Villa's recent away record is average at best. Sportingbet among the firms reporting some lumpy bets on the home side. But, as usual with the Monday night game, the favourite is being backed at any price. The bookies have wilted a little under the pressure, a lot of 4/7 into 4/9, but a 5% move isnt huge and tells you they think they have the best of it at 4/9. The van der vaart team news may also have influenced this. The handicap line meanwhile has moved more significantly, probably on the back of Asia backing the favourite here at -1. This is not surprising as Spurs are an attacking side who beat Liverpool 4-0 at home recently which stick in peoples minds. The line is -1.25 now. Two things are noteworthy here. 1) Despite their poor away record, Villa are keeping games close 2) they have a decent record at WHL having only been beaten twice in 6, and have covered the handicap line in 4 of the last 6. Who do I think will win? Spurs. But I think the difference in the two sides has been overestimated in the public perception and therefore the prices now. Im not brave enough to lay Spurs but I want to side with the bookies and take the favourite on in a game that should be closer than estimated. Aston Villa +1.25 (asian handicap) at 1.92 (ladbrokes) Wealth warning: Follow at your own risk

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21

Four teams have taken on Tottenham at better than 4.00 (well, one was about 3.95 when the game kicked off), and Spurs won all four, albeit not by much...three 2-1 wins, two of them on away. Villa have three draws in four previous games as dogs of 4.00 or above, all on away. The three draws were all around 4.00 to 4.3...when the line was 11.00, they got crushed at Man City, 4-1 (but who hasn't?). Spurs' 4-0 against Liverpool was helped by two Reds sent off. They also beat QPR...who hasn't?...and Arse at home. Their away wins are against Wolves, Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn...the four legs of the table at the moment. I agree that odds of 7.00 seem bizarre given Villa's abilities and place on the table. They have quality, and their only two losses are the Man City game and a home loss to West Brom after a 35' red card. 7.70? I'm breaking my own rule (I've been avoiding odds such as this as Premier dogs of better than 6.00 have produced 2-4-33 this year) and playing Aston Villa and draw.
Mad, mad, mad at myself...I mean, sure, a value bet, but I should know better than to try to buck a 2-4-33 number.

Re: England - Barclays Premier League - Nov 19 - 21 That was the most comfortable 90 minutes of football that I've seen us play! :clap Sadly I had a scorecast of Adebayor to score first and 2-1 final result; Villa never looked like scoring.